PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Gunslinger: anyone have experience with?

evillemming
2011-08-23, 09:43 AM
After reading over the class and rules on firearms in the SRD, it looks like guns, especially advanced firearms, could completely alter a campaign (maybe not as much as early ones). Might be too early for this questions, but I was wondering if anyone yet had experience with how this impacts existing classes and their game in general?

I was consider allowing early firearms in my existing realm (which we are one game into with the current party, so not much of a paradigm shift), and just feeling the waters.

nyarlathotep
2011-08-23, 10:06 AM
They are much like the several archtypes, just plain better than regular fighters (excluding uberchargers). That is not in and of itself a bad thing. They are on par powerwise with rangers, paladins, and post-uc monks. Just try to make sure that you don't have a regular fighter in the same party as a gunslinger so that he doesn't feel overshadowed.

Cieyrin
2011-08-23, 10:42 AM
I'm currently in the process of writing up a new Gunslinger guide from the Playtest one I wrote up months ago. The playtest is outdated but many of the principles still work for producing current Gunslingers. My old guide is in my sig.