PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighter prestige class, good or not?

Mclane
2011-08-23, 11:44 AM
I'm making a flank based character, and I think that street fighter would be a good thing for me to level into. Is it a good prestige class? Or is it just one of those things that looks good, but really isn't?

Greenish
2011-08-23, 11:56 AM
How exactly does streetfighter look good? :smallconfused:

Mclane
2011-08-23, 11:57 AM
I guess mainly just because I'd get a bonus to initiative and sneak attack.

Greenish
2011-08-23, 12:03 PM
Instead of taking Imp. Feint (which is a pretty poor feat), you could take Imp. Initiative and get more than you'd get from Streetfighter. 1d6 of Sneak Attack over 5 levels isn't much, either, and you could get it from many, many sources.

For example, one level of Sneak Attack (UA) Hide and Run Tactics (DotU) fighter gets you +2 untyped initiative bonus, 1d6 SA and dex to damage vs. flat footed.

Now, what are you looking for in the character?

John Campbell
2011-08-23, 01:31 PM
I played a street fighter a couple campaigns ago. I did not take levels in the Street Fighter prestige class. Mixing Rogue and (Urban) Ranger or other martial class to taste will do the job better.

TwylyghT
2011-08-23, 01:55 PM
they don't provide their own sneak attack, but Elocators have some amazing flanking flair to them.

Mixed with some craven and sun school they could do some ugly flash flank blendering. And thats all ignoring the fun that getting 2 5-foot steps a round can bring to maintaining and exploiting flank opportunities.

Elric VIII
2011-08-23, 02:40 PM
Psionic Sidestep (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pse/20030426a) is pretty cool for maneuvering and setting up flanks. It pairs nicely with Elocater, which shares some prerequisites.

A Quick dip into Psychic Warrior will give you the PP for Elocator and Psionic Sidestep, a few bonus feats, and some great powers like Dimension Hop.

Person_Man
2011-08-23, 03:25 PM
My personal opinion is that it's garbage, and you should skip it.

Mclane
2011-08-23, 07:10 PM
Is the Elocator a class or prestige class? And what book is it in?

Greenish
2011-08-23, 07:12 PM
Is the Elocator a class or prestige class? And what book is it in?PrC, EPH. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm)

Mclane
2011-08-23, 08:04 PM
Thanks, but I'd prefer not to level into psyonic stuff.

TwylyghT
2011-08-23, 11:11 PM
Its easy enough to adapt with DM cooperation. Just make it require level 1st spells, and advance a casting class. Any powers or "power-like" abilities they get are just the refluffed psionic versions of normal spells so thats a super easy fix to just unfluff them back. (Dimension Door, Teleport, Planeshift)

Really they are about as unpsionic as psychic classes can get, along with maybe soulknives lol.

If you really want to avoid that route, there is the Rokugan Ninja if you can get it, full BAB, full Sneak Attack, plenty of toys, and the best part is its a base class.

Another option, is the Swashbuckler/Rogue with Daring Outlaw.

Sneak Attack variant Fighter.

Really once you have craven just about anything you come up with is a nasty flanker.

deuxhero
2011-08-23, 11:22 PM
If you want BAB with SA, go Sneak Attack Fighter (UA) and/or Dread Commando if you can manage the requirements (Hide/move silent ranks, plus dodge/mobility dump feats) which boosts int for the entire party and grants pesudo-sneak attack.