PDA

View Full Version : A warforged transformed by the incarnate construct spell

realbombchu
2011-08-23, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure I have the correct name for the spell, but it's a 9th-level spell from Savage Species. In case you don't know, it makes a construct become a living flesh-and-blood humanoid or giant.

Does it work on warforged though? Does their level adj. become -2? Thoughts?

Elric VIII
2011-08-23, 06:58 PM
This does, indeed, work.

AFAIK you can apply the Incarnate Construct template at character creation without actually having the spell cast on you. This is the basis for many shenananananananagans, such as the Half-Ogre, Half-Minotaur, Incarnate Construct Warforged (although, I don't think this one technically works since both of the Half- templates are inherited and must be applied to a humanoid).

tyckspoon
2011-08-23, 07:09 PM
Does it work on warforged though? Does their level adj. become -2? Thoughts?

Yes, you can Incarnate a Warforged. No, the LA is still 0- Incarnate Construct has a floor at LA 0. There's not much mechanical reason to do this; an Incarnate Warforged is basically a Human with no racial features. If you want to try and cheese out the LA reduction, you have to find templates that are both applicable to a construct and are very heavy on stat adjustments and perhaps Natural Armor, because those are the only things that will be retained after the fleshy transformation- Incarnate Construct strips all the Special Attacks and Special Qualities.

Greenish
2011-08-23, 07:09 PM
It works on warforged since warforged are constructs, but you can't have an actual character with negative LA.

realbombchu
2011-08-23, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but I kept forgetting. I wish I had a cool idea or motive behind this, but to be honest, I was just curious.

Does anyone know some good templates to combine with this? Because I hadn't considered that idea.

Prime32
2011-08-23, 08:24 PM
I recommend becoming a dragonborn after incarnating so you can get some racial traits. You have nothing to lose.

Metahuman1
2011-08-23, 08:30 PM
Question. Would this allow me to make a living Construct character made completely out of Riverine? (StormWrack, special materials section.)

And if I did, would I be immune to all physical attacks other then the short list of magic items and spells that can destroy objects made of Riverine?

Grendus
2011-08-24, 12:25 AM
No. The text states specifically that an incarnate construct is "made of flesh and bone". If we ignore the text and only look at the template, I believe that's covered by the "Special Qualities: the base creature loses all of it's special qualities" instruction, but I could be mistaken.

As for using it to be negative LA, it does technically work, though you would want to have several applied templates since you can't have negative LA. It is the epitome of cheese though, since Warforged lose very little from this template (construct traits and the slam attack, which are easy to make up with 2 free LA).