PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew metamagic feats

kryshen
2011-08-23, 09:45 PM
I've been working on coming up with some cool metamagic feats for a campaign I'm running. The characters who will have access to these feats are also in a side-campaign which is intended to be a sandbox adventure wherein the characters quickly become very powerful and get plenty of fun and interesting magical items (one of them became a psuedo-lich by reading a book, another became a devil by eating the contents of a random bag) (<terrible idea, by the way). So here I am, requesting whatever wacky ideas you've ever had for a metamagic feat. Here are just a few examples I've already come up with:

(please note, the campaign also uses a spell point system rather than spells per day, the rules of which I have given in another post Here (http://http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11705825#post11705825)

Attune spell (+4 SP)
This spell affects only targets with the chosen creature type. The save dc for the spell is increased by 2 and any damage is increased by 50%

Fortify spell (variable, see text)
The fortified spell becomes significantly harder to avoid. You may spend 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 or 10 spell points on this feat. The feat increases the save dc for the spell by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 respectively.

Wall Spell (+8 SP)
This metamagic feat can only be applied to an area spell. It changes the area of that spell to a wall with a height of 10 feet and a length of 10 feet/caster level or a ring with a radius of 5 feet/4 levels. The wall is opaque and lasts concentration+1 round per caster level. The wall replicates the spell effect on any who pass through it. The appearance of the wall reflects whatever spell was modified with it, so a wall of fireball looks like a morphing, surging sheet of fire.

Animate spell (+5 SP)
This metamagic feat can only be applied to a spell with an elemental descriptor. The feat causes the spell to resolve into an elemental of a size determined by the spell level. The elemental has stats based on the fire elemental, as explained in the animate breath spell (Spell Compendium page 11). The spell remains animate for 1 round/level and follows your spoken commands. The elemental is summoned into the nearest open square to the target of your spell.
Spell level 1-2: small
Spell level 3: medium
Spell level 4-5: large
Spell level 6-7: huge
Spell level 8: greater
Spell level 9: elder

Voracious Spell (+7)
This feat may only be applied to spells with an area. Any creatures in the area of the spell are immediately subject to one area dispel magic at a caster level equal to your own (max +10)