PDA

View Full Version : Three-Weapon Fighting?(plus unarmed damage questions)

The Underlord
2011-08-23, 10:29 PM
So I saw in a thread about TWF that they could use a 2-handed weapon and use unarmed strikes. That got me thinking. If you wield two weapons can you use unarmed strikes to essiantly do three weapon fighting? Also for this do monk's belt + Superior Unarmed strike + monk/unarmed swordsage levels stack for unarmed damage?

herrhauptmann
2011-08-24, 01:06 AM
For the first part:
Yes, if you have a sufficiently large attack routine, you could go, as a say 6th level ranger:
+6 attack with left hand
+6 off hand attack with right hand
+1 attack with right hand
+1 offhand attack with a kick (in place of left hand), which would be three weapon fighting. You can intersperse your regular attack routine with any weapon you have. Left hand, right hand, kick, body check, armor spikes, shield spikes, poison shooting left eye, etc.

If you're thinking of the feat Multiattack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#multiattack) as a human, no. The above 6th level humanoid ranger wouldn't be able to get 6 attacks in a round.

You could go as a thri-kreen (4 armed psionic insect), and dual wield greatswords in two hands each.

As for your other question, can't answer, sorry.
Ninja'd?

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-24, 01:28 AM
Snap Kick. Also, see Person Man's Guide to Extra Attacks. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7066595)

Cieyrin
2011-08-24, 09:52 AM
So I saw in a thread about TWF that they could use a 2-handed weapon and use unarmed strikes. That got me thinking. If you wield two weapons can you use unarmed strikes to essiantly do three weapon fighting? Also for this do monk's belt + Superior Unarmed strike + monk/unarmed swordsage levels stack for unarmed damage?

You can only make a number of sets of manufactured weapon attacks equal to the number of hands you have. On a human, that means 2 sets. The Two-handed weapon + unarmed strike gets away with it due to that the number of hands to wield weapons isn't connected to how many sets of attacks you can have in a round. Unarmed Strikes are kind of a gray area when it comes to whether they're treated as manufactured or natural but, just because you can make unarmed strikes with any part of your body, it doesn't mean you could do an infinite flurry with every single surface on your body. The number of hands you have is the hard limit.

As for unarmed damage stacking, I don't recall whether it was errata or the FAQ but the Monk's Belt and Superior Unarmed Strike don't stack, you just get the best bonus, which in this case is the Monk's Belt. Either one will stack with monk or unarmed swordsage.