PDA

View Full Version : Factotum 6 / Chameleon 2 / Exemplar 10

LaughingRogue
2011-08-24, 01:26 AM
Alright so I am new to just about each of these classes and how to properly optimize each one of them correctly -- I was thinking of doing what was in the title and I thought that it would come out to a decent build but like I said I'm not really sure what's the proper way to handle it ,

So my question is , does the build work?

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-24, 01:36 AM
Avoid mixing Factotum and Chameleon. It's tempting, I know, but straight Factotum is better.

JaronK
2011-08-24, 02:23 AM
Factotum gets one of its best abilities at 8, another solid one at 11, and the insanely good one at 19. Taking Factotum 6 is thus pretty strange, and not a good plan. And why take Exemplar when you could just take more Factotum?

Also, as the other poster said, Chameleon and Factotum don't play together as well as you might think, though stopping at Chameleon 2 is probably the best way to do it if you really want to.

JaronK

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-24, 02:26 AM
To expand on my previous comment:

Chameleon gets the ability to shift its focus around on a day-by-day basis, which is neat and all, but the Factotum can do it round-by-round. :smallsigh:

EDIT: Usual builds that include Factotum are Factotum 8/Mindbender 1/Factotum +11 for a casty-type, and Factotum 8/Master of Masks 1/Iajitsu Master 10/Something Else, Maybe Exemplar 1 for a stabby-stabby-oh-my-SWEET-CHOCOLATE-PELOR-YOU-JUST-LIQUIFIED-THAT-DUDE build that rolls loads of D6's.

LaughingRogue
2011-08-24, 02:32 AM

Chameleon gets the ability to shift its focus around on a day-by-day basis, which is neat and all, but the Factotum can do it round-by-round. :smallsigh:

To be honest I was kinda mesmerized by the floating feet that can get better as I increase in level and meet more prereqs.

But you guys make good points, what do you suggest as a build --- I want him to fit the skill monkey more role more than anything (needs to be 18 levels).

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-24, 02:34 AM
Builds added to the post above! :smallbiggrin:

LaughingRogue
2011-08-24, 02:38 AM

EDIT: Usual builds that include Factotum are Factotum 8/Mindbender 1/Factotum +11 for a casty-type, and Factotum 8/Master of Masks 1/Iajitsu Master 10/Something Else, Maybe Exemplar 1 for a stabby-stabby-oh-my-SWEET-CHOCOLATE-PELOR-YOU-JUST-LIQUIFIED-THAT-DUDE build that rolls loads of D6's.

Love it !!! especially since he's going to be a cohort for my Beguiler 19 Mindbender 1 character --- telepathic conversations make me smile

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-24, 02:40 AM
Mindbender 1 is just too good. Taking the full class is an utter waste, though. Get out after that 1-level dip.