PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Psionics Unleashed + Ultimate Combat Question

subject42
2011-08-24, 11:41 AM
I'm trying to build a monk and I noticed the following combination using Psionics Unleashed from Dreamscarred Press and Ultimate Combat:

Assume that you have a Monk (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk) 6/Psychic Fist (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/psychic-fist) 10.

The psychic fist states this relevant point:

A psychic fist’s class levels stack with his monk levels for the purpose of determining his unarmed damage, bonuses to Armor Class, unarmored speed, and flurry of blows. His class levels do not apply to other monk abilities such as slow fall, ki strike abilities, and so on.

Ultimate Combat has a feat named "Monastic Legacy", which has the following text:

Add half the levels you have in classes other than monk to your monk level to determine your effective monk level for your base unarmed strike damage.

If the aforementioned monk takes that feat, does he apply 1.5 times his Psychic fist levels to his unarmed damage for an effective unarmed strike of a 21st level monk, or do stacking rules get in the way?

Stallion
2011-08-24, 11:44 AM
It should. Sounds kinda like Tashalatora.

subject42
2011-08-24, 02:58 PM
It should. Sounds kinda like Tashalatora.

Awesome. It's kind of a shame that monk unarmed strike progression stops at level 20, though.

stainboy
2011-08-24, 03:14 PM
If the aforementioned monk takes that feat, does he apply 1.5 times his Psychic fist levels to his unarmed damage for an effective unarmed strike of a 21st level monk, or do stacking rules get in the way?

I don't see any issues with stacking. The bonus isn't named and they're from different sources. Looks legit to me (at least by RAW, not RAI).

Human Paragon 3
2011-08-24, 03:16 PM
I can see an argument either way. If you make a hard rules-as-written argument, and your DM is susceptible to such things, you will probably get your way, but I would ask your DM since it is a weird case. If it were me, I would rule that the levels from Psychic Fist count as monk levels, and therefore only stack once, not 1.5 times.