PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Help?

Tanuki Tales
2011-08-24, 04:44 PM
After a summer devoured by vacations, planning, responsibilities and other things preventing my group from getting any DnD played, we're finally getting back into the saddle and playing once again. The problem is though that for a good while I had planned to run them through World's Largest Dungeon.

Why is this a problem you ask? Well, originally the group of 4 I DM ran through two sections of that a year ago before we moved on. The group had planned to acquire 4 or 5 brand new players (most who never had even played DnD) and I had hoped that this, combined with memory blanking time passed and changing up/rewriting some of the early dungeon bits would make it run smooth.

Well, those new players fell through and the summer was whiled away with no gaming, leaving me where I am now.

I could technically still run them through WLD as I have it, but it would feel like I'd be cheating them all out of a real experience since what I had written was designed to deal with them as they are now. And I just don't have the time to write something entirely from scratch with how long they've waited.

So I come here to GiTP to ask you all; what do you suggest I play with them?

I was thinking of maybe doing Age of Worms and I've always wanted to look into the Red Hand thing, but I'm just not sure.

The group as a whole plays the game for fun and doesn't optimize, though the one member is really starting to hit munchkin territory, so keep that in mind when you suggest.

I'm looking for one (or several that can be linked together) campaign paths that'll lead the group from 1 to 20 and won't kill them deader than dead if they don't optimize. Homebrew campaign paths are allowed and welcome.

The group is familiar with playing in Eberron as a setting (familiar being that of the established settings out there, it's the only one they spent any time in), but I could try and get them used to something else if it isn't just a generic setting.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Ah, forgot something important!

We play Pathfinder with backwards compatibility to 3.5 and some house rules.

LibraryOgre
2011-09-08, 10:04 AM
What little I played of RHoD was very fun, and could work with a smaller group.

If you've got the time for a little more work, you might also look around for some older modules. The A-series (the Slave Lords) works well with a small group, but you'd have to convert it from AD&D (largely by substituting AD&D stats for 3.x/PF stats).

Tanuki Tales
2011-09-08, 10:14 AM
What little I played of RHoD was very fun, and could work with a smaller group.

If you've got the time for a little more work, you might also look around for some older modules. The A-series (the Slave Lords) works well with a small group, but you'd have to convert it from AD&D (largely by substituting AD&D stats for 3.x/PF stats).

I'll peruse that option, thanks for the advice.

I also found these Overloads by Paizo about how to convert Age of Worms to different settings, so I might look into that as well.

Edit: It says the Slave Lords only goes from level 4 to level 7, I was looking for something longer.