PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Warrior: Mass Effect 2 Biotic v. Dragon Age 2 Force Mage

wayfare
2011-08-24, 06:16 PM
Help me settle an argument raging at my comic book shop! Who would take the day in a battle between these characters?

Bonus points if you do a weapons breakdown as in Deadliest Warrior.

A note:

Lets leave the question of guns at the door. Both games are RPGs that assume the characters can absorb multiple wounds of the sort that would utterly obliterate a normal person. So, lets assume that guns do damage, but not enough to instantly kill a Dragon Age character.

Xondoure
2011-08-24, 06:24 PM
Hmmm… Assuming Barriers stop gravitational effects that are non biotic related the adepts would appear to have the advantage being resistant to force effects until half their health had been depleted. Meanwhile nothing is stopping them from going all "I'll smear the walls with you b*@$^!!!one!!1!"

If its not just adepts than I submit vanguards. Charge out of Force grasp or whatever else, shotgun to the face, punch, shoot, and repeat.

Also stasis is a bit better than force field knocking the enemy down whenever its duration is up.

Plus biotics don't have to worry about mana just cooldowns so in a longer more cautious fight they will outlast their enemies.

In short mages lack the health to compete with biotics.

Zevox
2011-08-24, 06:31 PM
Would come down to who can keep who stuck unable to fight back better. Dragon Age 2 mages have a variety of spells like Winter's Grasp (upgraded), Petrify, Crushing Prison, and so on. Mass Effect 2 Adepts (I'm presuming by "Biotic" you mean Adept, not Vanguard or Sentinel) have Singularity and Lift. ME2 characters have no limit on their uses of their powers, DA2 mages have mp to deal with but can always carry around a good number of mana potions to make that a non-issue.

Since both could easily kill the other while they're stuck and easily renew the effect stopping them from fighting, it would largely come down to who got the first shot I guess. Perhaps the fact that DA spells allow resistance checks to mitigate their effects might give the ME character the edge, but then you might grant a similar effect to the ME character's powers to even things out, given that's a basic mechanical discrepancy between the games rather than a power difference.

Zevox

Xondoure
2011-08-24, 06:36 PM
Exactly if its between adepts and mages the question is do barriers provide spell resistance, if not then the mages have a pretty good chance but the adepts still have a shot with clever use of the environment. If so then Adepts come out miles ahead in opportunity. If we work outside of game mechanics… Mages still have to use spells but all restrictions on biotics goes out the window.

Psyren
2011-08-24, 10:18 PM
Mass effect fields can accelerate projectiles to nearly relativistic speeds. Concurrently, Adept biotics are powerful enough to negate such projectiles.

Normally I'd give magic the win here, but ME's sci-fi may as well be magic.