PDA

View Full Version : The Ictoan Order[4e]

Howler Dagger
2011-08-24, 06:39 PM
You arrive in the Large outdoor ampitheter of the Ictoan Order Headquarters. After completing your tests, you waited in the waiting rooom untill the called the 200 or so applicants into the ampitheater. There is an air of excitement and anticipation as you wait for the Ictoan Ordermaster to arrive and announce the applicants who made it.
Take this as time to introduce yourselves to the other players.

Lix Lorn
2011-08-24, 06:57 PM
An odd, Eladrin woman with viciously bladed armor enters, looking around curiously.

Lemonus
2011-08-24, 07:15 PM
A dwarf in hide, wearing a large shield and warhammer on his back, enters. He carries a deep sadness in his eyes.

The Underlord
2011-08-24, 07:30 PM
An old eladrin with an odd orb sits in a corner hoping no one will notice but it suprised to see the other eladrin. He walks over to her and asks "What are you doing so far from the Feywild?"

Lix Lorn
2011-08-24, 07:39 PM
She looks pleased to see another Eladrin, and beams widely. "Why, I am the Tempest of Infinite Blades, a renowned tactician from one of the eastern empires. I am merely seeking another oppurtunity to take command once again!"

She pauses.
"Yeah, the name's a little pretentious, but I'll grow into it."

Shular
2011-08-24, 09:28 PM
Twain

One of the first into the amphitheater, Twain positions himself near the front, to best hear what would be said. The tests were challenging, but he thought he handled them competantly enough, and felt hopeful he would be accepted. Wearing splint armer, with a heavy shield and a warhammer at his side, Twain looks the "average" dwarf fighter, and he's happy to keep it that way.

As more people enter the stands, it becomes harder to see past the taller folks. For an instance he thinks he sees a familiar face, and goes pale. "Nah," he says to himself, "couldn't be." He strains to look again, but there are too many people. He doubts his eyes, but is still shaken.

Sploosh
2011-08-24, 10:14 PM
A small halfling in leather armor with short black hair sits around a crowd of people, telling stories and sharing jokes. Her eyes are bright and she seems to have a smile glued to her face when she isnt laughing or joining in.

She attempts to pull all who wander nearby into the conversation. More than one person walking back has been sucked into telling a story by cheers.

The Underlord
2011-08-25, 04:23 PM
Do you just want power or actually want to help people? Riardon asks suspicously.

Lix Lorn
2011-08-25, 04:28 PM
"What difference is there?" she asks, confusedly.

The Underlord
2011-08-25, 07:45 PM
The difference is that their are some eladrin who just want power so they can have power but they have no interest in helping anyone. My family was like that. He blinks suprisedly at reaveling something he usuaslly kept secret. Abruptly changing the subject he says"Any way, I have no love for politics but leadership is, in my experience, the best way to help people. Thats the only reason I am here.

Lix Lorn
2011-08-25, 07:51 PM
"That's silly!" she exclaims. "If you have power, you use it how you can to help!"

Shular
2011-08-25, 09:05 PM
Twain

Twain hears the conversation about power behind him, but chooses to keep his own opinions to himself.

The Underlord
2011-08-25, 09:35 PM
"Sadly, not all eladrin think like that.. He notices the dwarf and, in an attempt to be social, asks "What do you think?

Shular
2011-08-26, 12:47 AM
Twain

Inwardly Twain sighs at being brought into the conversation. "What do I think about power and helping people?" he asks. "I think," he continues slowly, organizing his thoughts, "that those with power too often decide for themselves what help people need. The best way a person with power can help those without is to share it."

Howler Dagger
2011-08-28, 05:12 PM
A young Gnome arrives onto the stage flanked by 2 Dragonborn Guards.
Greetings! I am Eldon Feywhisperer, Ordermaster of the Ictoan Order. I am sure you are waiting for the results of your test. Here they are! The applicants are: Kave Firebreath, Ptrin the Mighty, Nebin Najenhi, Valenae, and Theren Eyesharp! If you did not make it and wish to complain noisily, come by my office near hallway 10 and we can sort it out!

Sploosh
2011-08-28, 09:13 PM
Allie attempts to quietly calm those down around here before speaking up. "I don't believe such ruckus is required, sir. Many of us simply wish to know why we failed to pass the test."

Howler Dagger
2011-08-29, 06:13 PM
Many did not fail, only suceeded less than the others.
He then exits the stage.

Sploosh
2011-08-29, 10:04 PM
Allie begins to make her way towards hallway 10. Surely there must be an explanation for her supposed failure.

Shular
2011-08-30, 07:14 AM
Twain

Twain's eyebrows disappear into his hair as he hears the announcement. "Huh," he says to himself. As he watches the halfling make her way towards the offices, he ponders his options. "I suppose there might be a merchant looking for a guardmaster," he thinks.

Lemonus
2011-08-30, 07:18 AM
Barbel sighs, shifts his shield and starts to walk out. As he leaves, he spots Twain, and runs over to him. "Someone survived! I can't believe this! You survived the cave-in!"

Lix Lorn
2011-08-30, 11:51 AM
Sariel huffs in irritation, and heads for hallway 10.

The Underlord
2011-08-31, 08:02 AM
"This is an outrage!" He heads toward hallway 10 to complian.

Shular
2011-08-31, 12:44 PM
Barbel sighs, shifts his shield and starts to walk out. As he leaves, he spots Twain, and runs over to him. "Someone survived! I can't believe this! You survived the cave-in!"

Twain

At first Twain is speachless at the site of the other dwarf. After a few seconds he whispers "it WAS you." As comprehension sets in, his anger begins to rise. "Murderer!" he cries, his hand reaching down to grasp his warhammer, though he doesn't lift it. "Twas you that sent the cave down on us! Tell me why I shouldn't crush your skull where you stand!"

Lemonus
2011-08-31, 04:16 PM
Harbek begins to tear up. "I tried! I wasn't trying to kill them! I just wanted the Dark Ones to leave!"

The Dark Ones are the Duergar.

Shular
2011-09-02, 07:31 PM
Harbek begins to tear up. "I tried! I wasn't trying to kill them! I just wanted the Dark Ones to leave!"

Twain

"I have no doubt it was an accident," Twain growls, "but that don't change the outcome. To kill your enemy, you killed your own people. I can't punish you any more than you'll punish yourself, but you'll deserve the guild your gonna live with for the rest of your life. Never doubt THAT."

Lemonus
2011-09-02, 08:06 PM
Harbek sighs. "I know. I know."

Howler Dagger
2011-09-02, 08:08 PM
Riardon and Sariel arrive at a door with a sign saying "Hallway 10" You hear the Gnome's voice saying: Wait for some more, Im not wasting my breath on two out of a hundred.

The Underlord
2011-09-02, 08:15 PM
" If no one else shows up you won't talk, so talk now" Diplomacy check [roll0]

Shular
2011-09-03, 02:09 AM
Twain

With nowhere else to go, and having noticed that a couple people went to talk to the gnome, Twain decides to go to Hall 10 as well. Without another word, he turns away from Harbek, and strides (okay, stomps) off in that direction.

Finding the other two he nods and asks "what's the word?"

Lix Lorn
2011-09-03, 07:50 AM
Sariel suppresses her annoyance and calls out sweetly.
"If you give your reasons to us, we can help tell those that come after, and save you some time and eff-ort~♪" she says in a sweet, almost sing-song voice.

[roll0]

Lemonus
2011-09-03, 08:01 AM
Harbek also gies to Hall 10, and waits silently for the gnome.

Howler Dagger
2011-09-03, 08:43 AM
Very well, the five of you may come in.
The door opens, but the gnomes isnt within sight. The hallway is about 100 ft. Long, and near the center there appears to be a hallway crossing prependicular to Hallway 10. The room smells newly cleaned, with bright torches hanging off the wall. At the end of the hall is a door.
Im assumin gAllie made it to the door

Lix Lorn
2011-09-03, 08:47 AM
Sariel immediately heads down the hall!

The Underlord
2011-09-03, 11:06 AM
Riardon follows her down the hallway and opens the door.

Howler Dagger
2011-09-03, 11:30 AM
As you enter, You realizze that the first few feet have pressure pates that you just triggered! A pendulum scythe swings out in fornt of you, narrowly missing you!

Riardon[roll0]
Allie [roll1]
Harbek [roll2]
Sariel [roll3]
Twain [roll4]
Traps [roll5]
I will have the map next post

Howler Dagger
2011-09-03, 11:46 AM
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4045/traps.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/traps.jpg/)
Okay, initiative will be handled like this: Since you guys beat the traps, you all go first in order of posting, so Harbek could go before riardon. Once everybody is done, i will do my traps. You are listed by the first letter of your name, in the color you speak in.You can move through allies squares at no penalty, but you cannot end there

Lix Lorn
2011-09-03, 02:31 PM
Sariel, as soon as she dodges the attack, will spin and vanish in a puff of dark smoke and an unpleasant smell, appearing further down the corridor where she continues walking without a moment's pause.

Fey Step for the fun of it, which I'm flavouring as being slightly darkened by her dabbling in the warlock arts.

Lemonus
2011-09-03, 04:24 PM
Harbek moves forward, shield out, and watching for traps.

Move forward 25 feet.

Shular
2011-09-03, 05:08 PM
Twain

Shaking his head at Sariel's rashness, "ya could've ported right onto another pressure plate", Twain examines the wall from which the blade emerged in order to get an idea what to look for, should there be more. He then follows Harbek, shield also at the ready, examining the walls and floor alike as he goes. "Try not ta get us all killed," he mutters.

Guess I should have specified: moves 25 feet as well, or less if that's what's necessary to end his move in the space behind Harbek.

Sploosh
2011-09-07, 11:25 PM
"I dont like the look of this at all, rather unpleasant way to discuss things, isnt it?"

Allie runs down the hallway, but stops at the intersection to take a look around, hoping to duck into the alcove.

Move to run 8, that gets me to the intersection, doesnt it?
Minor for a peception check to maybe spot a mechanicsm or something
[roll0]
I plan to move either up to a mechanism or into one of those two alcoves if I have to finish my turn now but I'd like to wait and see what I see first.