PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy: A thousand needles [IC]

Donan
2011-08-25, 08:16 AM
Reserved for character sheets.

Donan
2011-08-25, 08:26 AM
It's said by some that misery loves company. Whether's that true is a matter of debate and personal opinion, but what isn't debatable is that it's a truly miserable day in Latos City's spaceport.

The grey expanse of the duracrete ground is made even worse by the downpour of acid rain, centuries of which has slowly eroded the spaceport's surface and left a decidedly grey patina in place.

All five of you aren't too sure why you've been called here or why you're currently standing by an empty landing pad but all of you had a dataslate delivered recently that simply stated the recall code you had been told at the end of your last assignment and instructions to come here at this time.

And so you find yourself with your four old comrades again, waiting for more news.

Lucretia
2011-08-25, 11:30 AM
Septimus looked at his old team and laughed, pulling on the strap that kept his weaponry on his back. "Well will you look at that! I told you, didn't I, that we'd all meet again before my funeral. And look here, so we have. Glorious! Say, anyone have a clue as to why we're standing here? My dataslate was a bit mum on the topic, but perhaps one of you has heard something?"

SublimeShadow
2011-08-25, 02:20 PM
Elias:

Elias stands to the right of Septimus, his kit bag cinched over his left shoulder, giving him a noticeably abnormal posture. "So you did old man, so you did." He pulls out the aforementioned data-slate and reads over it once more. "Mine's keeping secrets too." Wolfe flashes a small smile. "Though hopefully it means the party ain't over just yet."

Lucretia
2011-08-25, 02:28 PM
The bodyglove Septimus wore was hardly flattering, and it was obvious that he had actually gained weight since last the squad has assembled. The mass of whiskers that hid the lower portion of his face wiggled in the tell-tale way of a smile. "Oh yes, our last assignment was certainly what I'd classify as a party. Infestations, the unfortunate duty of cleansing portions of our race -- certainly festive."

Hyregoth
2011-08-25, 03:00 PM
Davus tromped through the puddles and the rain toward his comrades on the landing pad. With his hair plastered to his face and the acid rain stinging his eyes, he cursed softly as he crossed the open area.

A data slate full of nothin eh? Could have done with a scrap of parchment for all the information we have. So, how have you all been? No worse for wear I see since our last fun time together. I'll be happy to never see an infestation again. Emperor knows what they have in store for us next..."

The Arbiter slung his carry-all bag over his shoulder not wanting the contents to get wet on the slick pavement. He Stomped his boots for the hundredth time in a vain attempt to keep the acid rain from ruining the finish. Bored, he decided to look around and see if there are any others out in this weather observing them.

"Perhaps the Inquisitior is just testing our patience..."

Lucretia
2011-08-25, 03:16 PM
"Or how well we handle standing in acid rain, enjoying the company of our teammates, hmm? Speculating the mind of an Inquisitor is a dangerous game if you aren't trained properly. Say, did I ever mention the time a wild visska was charging our camp?"

SublimeShadow
2011-08-25, 03:26 PM
Elias:

"Now now old fella, I didn't like what we had to do any more than you. Just good to have something to do ya know?" Elias greets Davus with a nod and handshake. "Good to see ya again Dav'. I see you still don't much like gettin' wet." Wolfe smirks as he issues the good-hearted jab.

brolthemighty
2011-08-25, 04:01 PM
Uriel

At the bottom of the ramp, Uriel watches his old team. It was good to see them again.....even the Elias. Over the course of the last investigation, he had proven his control amiably. Although he'll still bear watching, he wasn't worried about it too much. "If anything goes wrong, we'll just have to put him down."

Walking up the ramp with his duffle bag slung over his shoulder, he makes sure that the draw on his pistol is still clear. Wouldn't do to make a mistake this early in the game. Drawing closer, his cloak catching the wind, he smiles in greeting. "Gentlemen, how are we this fine day?" Turning to Davus, he snaps to attention (sorta) and gives a crisp (sorta) salute. "Sir, trainee reporting for duty." With a big smile he relaxes, "Never gets old does it? How has everyone been since our last adventure? I'll admit, it took a lot of R and R for me to shake off the memories of that place. That's okay though, I found me a nice blonde who was very accommodating. Took real good care of me."

Lucretia
2011-08-25, 04:14 PM
"Bah, a blonde. What you need, Uriel, is a good safari. There was a small herd of jraxle, and nothing takes the mind off killing your fellow man like killing a small rare carnivore." He patted Uriel amicably on the shoulder before looking towards the rest of the group. "Where is our lovely cleric? I do hope she's still part of this little ragtag operation -- Caius always injected that certain... oomf! And of course, it's just smashing to see you all again."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-25, 04:27 PM
Elias:

“Uriel.” Elias gives a curt nod as greeting. He had always sensed that Uriel had never quite managed to trust, or like, him. As such, things between them remained frosty from time to time. Wolfe was fine with that, however, so long as it didn’t impede the mission or endanger others.

He smiles at Septimus’s comment. “Yes, wherever is that lass? We can’t be a proper Inquisitorial warband without a preacher putting the fire of the Emperor in us can we?” The amused sarcasm in his tone is clear.

Hyregoth
2011-08-25, 09:11 PM
Davus clearly enjoyed the banter and nearly forgot about the weather.
"True Elias but I always thought the Ecclesiarchy were best at putting fire into the heretic... literally...in the form of cleansing flames."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-25, 10:58 PM
Elias:

"Very true my friend, very true," Elias smirks, "and it is for that reason that I'm glad we're on the non-heretic side of things."

Donan
2011-08-26, 12:29 PM
It seems the most immediate prayers of the agents have been answered. While it's at first hard to make out over the general dim of the busy spaceport there is a growing rumble over their head that signals the oncoming approach of a shuttle.

The rumble grows until it becomes a thunder and then a large craft breaks through the clouds, the identify of the man who contacted them immediately revealed.

The craft is a richly decorated guncutter, covered in symbols showing devotion to the Imperium of Man and of course, the God-Emperor. It's one of the formal landing craft used by the Rogue Trader Peldrag, outfitted with heavy weapons in case the targetted audience isn't suitably impressed by its ambience.

It settles to the ground with the graceful landing of a rock and then waits with a continiung rumble of engines as the rear hatch swings open.

Peldrag.
The Rogue Trader displays the finery common to those with such, uncontrolled freedom in the Imperium and is always dressed in far too rich, grand clothes. His manner is that one of someone at constant ease and he always seems relaxed.

He's never revealed why he serves the Inquistion, and in just what way, but he's your cell's contact to the Ordos Xenos at large.

Lucretia
2011-08-26, 01:35 PM
Giving his strange mixture of guffaw and chuckle, which many had agreed was a rather unsettling sort of laugh, Septimus waved to Peldrag and went forward to say hello. "So glad you're still with us, good fellow. Can't say you've aged too much, eh? Spending time out there in the Warp, are we? One day in, twenty years out, the old saying goes." He extends a hand to the Trader.

"Septimus Morsus, still at your service. I trust you're still our liaison with the Ordos proper, yes? Mmmm. What thrilling expedition have you for us this time, m'lord? Another infestation? Perhaps a cell of dangerous xenos a little too interested in the Imperium? Orks?"

SublimeShadow
2011-08-26, 02:41 PM
Elias:

Elias just smiles and crosses his arms as Septimus does all the talking.

Hyregoth
2011-08-26, 02:56 PM
Davus steps through the hatch and introduces himself to Peldrag.

"Regulator Davus Malcolm at your service. By which I mean the Emperor's service."

Stepping aside to make way for the other Acolytes, he sets his carry-all bag down and addresses the Rogue Trader again

"Our data slates were a little lacking for information. I take it there is some need for discretion concerning our next assignment?"

SublimeShadow
2011-08-26, 03:16 PM
Elias:

Following Davus up into the guncutter Elias sets down his kit bag and looks for the nearest seat to run one final check on his weapons before their departure.

Donan
2011-08-26, 04:27 PM
Lord Peldrag is wearing oddly subdued, bussiness like clothes, a very richly made black outfit done in the highest of understated fashions. His familar Sensechal is there alongside him in a formal white uniform.

Whilst the Rogue Trader has a friendly smile of greeting across his face, the Seneschal has the look of a man dealing with yet another chore.

"My dear, dear friends! Do come inside, please!" With a warmth Peldrag gestures the party inside. He clasps Septimus' hand firmly, beaming. "Ah Septimus, what a pleasure it is to see you again! I've had several excellent exploits since we last met, and I'm certain you can say the same! We should talk about it after this regrettable trouble is dealt with."

He smiles at Davus and shakes his head ruefully. "Always so very formal? Sadly there is a troubling, and yes, discreet matter that's come up, and that requires a careful touch. Your team is.."

He suddenly frowns and glances between them. "Hmph.. where is that cleric of yours?"

brolthemighty
2011-08-26, 05:21 PM
Slowly walking up the ramp, Uriel greets the Rogue Trader, "Peldrag. I should've known that it'd be you. It's been a while, hasn't it?" As he gets in to the shuttle, he glances behind him....wondering where their last cell-member was. "Well, she follows the Emperor's schedule, not ours."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-26, 06:08 PM
Elias:

Opening his arms with a grin on his face Wolfe mocks a distressed tone. "What, no greeting for me Peldrag? I see how it is." He chuckles and takes a final look out the ramp before turning and proceeding further into the 'cutter. "Would anyone happen to have a vox set on them they could try and contact her with?"

Lucretia
2011-08-26, 10:41 PM
Septimus shook his head. Afraid not, chappy. I'm sure she'll find her way to us once the Emperor wills it. So! M'lord, can we discuss what the regrettable trouble is without our darling cleric? Or is it something best explained only once?"

Hyregoth
2011-08-27, 12:10 AM
Davus starts to buckle himself in as Lord Peldrag addresses him. Standing back up and nearly banging his head on a support beam, he stares back a moment in disbelief mouthing the words.."my team" before answering.

"eh, hem. My team is...? What? My team is ...my responsibility to know their whereabouts...of course. I see. Well, Throne knows where the Cleric is. Perhaps communing with the Emperor as we speak. Perhaps preparing a sermon about the value of punctuallity/ Were'nt we all given data slates communicating your desire for us to meet you here? In any case, she may need assistance. Shall I disembark and begin a search of her quarters?"

Donan
2011-08-27, 02:24 AM
Peldrag chuckles warmly, gesturing for them to follow him further inside the large 'cutter. "I'll make it up to you later Wolfe, I'm sure.

As for your wayward cleric, Emperor willing she'll find her way to us when it's needed. Don't worry yourself Davus, I was speaking to you all when I said 'your team'."

The Rogue Trader grins and leads them to a round table near the cockpit of the guncutter, upon which rests a large and sealed black box. Several plush leather chairs encircle the table and he takes a seat on one, gesturing for the team to do the same. His sour faced Seneschal chooses to stand by the wall, continuing to make notes.

"This is why I called you here. Several quite interesting items have found their way onto this system's cold trade, and the Inquistion's gotten edgy about it all.

Most of it is cheap tross, you see. Fakes or relics that no one with any sense cares about. This is quite, quite different.

Tell me gentlemen, what do you make of this?"

The Rogue Trader places his thumb into the lock of the box and withdraws it a moment later, wiping a spot of blood from his thumb with a white cloth. There's a whirring sound from the box as various seals withdraw and open, the lid slowly splitting open to reveal what lies within.

The item.
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/6/5152/57622.jpg

Elias.
Whatever else you might feel as a result upon looking upon the contents of the box, you suddenly feel a wave of implacable hatred, a fury directed at what you see before you.

SublimeShadow
2011-08-27, 03:07 AM
Elias:

Elias lets out a vicious snarl and starts forward in his chair, feeling his pulse quicken and his hackles rise. "This is an unclean device Peldrag." Looking around the room Wolfe notes he is the only one to have such a keen reaction. "Can you not all feel its blasphemous aura?"

Taking a few breaths to compose himself Elias readjusts himself, the wry humor he had been displaying up until the box had opened was gone. His eyes were hard and he was very still. The animal inside him was mostly under control these days..."My apologies, comrades, what are your opinions?"

Lucretia
2011-08-27, 06:45 AM
"Well... it either looks like a gun or one of those pleasure items the lower hivers sell on the street corners... and I'd hate to see the creature it was meant for, in that case. I'm not feeling any blasphemous auras, but it is unclean. I agree with you there -- this isn't Imperium tech. Not Eldar, either, if I'm not too mistaken, although I've only seen a few of their weapons, and never up close."

Hyregoth
2011-08-27, 11:13 AM
Davus relaxes visibly when Lord Peldrag explains his comment. The burden of leadership being too heavy for one of such tender years :smallyuk:

Keeping a straight face and ignoring part of Septimus's comment about pleasure items, a look of suprise does comes over him at Elia's apparent dislike of the item. The Arbiter doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the weapon except that it's not ordinary.

"Off hand, it doesn't look familiar are you sure it's not just a toy <glancing at Septimus 'not that kind of a toy either'>. I had something like that once playing 'Orks and Guards' at the Progenium. If it is the real thing, none of my expertise lies in Xenos tech or Archeotech (lost tech?)."

After looking over the weapon a bit longer, he says

"Perhaps a bit of questioning of those who came in contact with the item may be in order."

Hyregoth
2011-08-27, 03:15 PM
Tests to identify 'Rifle'.Perception <Target 35>[roll0]

Common Lore (War) <Target 40>[roll1]

Donan
2011-08-28, 01:24 AM
"Well, yes.." Peldrag peers at Elias' reaction, then gives a pleased nod. "It's Xeno Elias, we know that. So your response certainly isn't out of place. We know of no species in this region with such technology, and now this shows up on our doorstep."

Rolls
Uriel's perception.
[roll0]

Septimus' perception
[roll1]

Davus' perception
[roll2]

Elias' perception
[roll3]

He answers Davus and Septimus next, a frown replacing his smile and creasing his forehead. "I wish it was just a toy, old boy. That would make all this so much easier to tidy up, but it's a weapon, a very dangerous one.

The tech priests have carefully studied it and have determined it no longer functions, but they've learnt enough to know it's dangerous.

As for questionning the people who found it, I agree it's whewre you should start this hunt of yours off. It was an Inqustiorial agent who came across it, a man named Maleas Richards who monitors the Cold Trade. He should be able to get you started on tracking down the source."

Peldrag sets a small box on the table. "Microbeads, all set to a secure frequency. They'll work up to ten kilometres, depending on where you are."

He next sets a small datapad on the table that shows the address of a high class bar. "Maelas does business here and he's expecting you. I suggest you go into the place as prospective clients.

Just ask for him at the counter."

Davus.

The weapon is efficent in design, and seems to lack the crudeness of most Imperial Guard weapons. The only thing that doesn't seem part of its overall function is the symbol on the side.

In a sinster twist, the shape of the weapon, the trigger and other small signs that you study in detail reveal that the user would have quite long, thin limbs.

And only three fingers and a thumb.

brolthemighty
2011-08-28, 04:28 AM
He had chosen to stay quiet during the briefing, having nothing to add. Xenos tech was definitely not his forte. As such, his mind had wandered to where their wayward representative of the Ministorum was. It was unlike her to be late. Of course, it is said that the Emperor was the one to set your chrono, so who was he to question her timing.

At the mention of having to infiltrate the Cold Trade through an Agent Richards however, Uriel became all business. It was no secret that the Cold Trade peddled wares to clients that thought they were above The Emperor's Law. People who handled dangerous items, just for the sake of them being able to say so. How Daring they'd say. Uriel was going to enjoy this assignment. Oh yes. "How Daring Indeed...."

Hyregoth
2011-08-28, 12:04 PM
Davus doesnt pick up the weapon but he does gesture and twist his body a bit.

"So it is Xeno!?!? Do we know someone with knowledge of races in this region? It would seem that whatever race uses a weapon like this would need extremely long limbs."

<He demonstrates by putting one arm near the stock and stretches the other toward the barrel.>

"I'm guessing that, unlike our weapons only three long fingers and a thumb would be required to fire this. Also, that symbol seems to be some type of identification mark. Perhaps a regimental insignia."

Lucretia
2011-08-28, 12:13 PM
Septimus watched and put a hand to Davus' shoulder. "Now calm down there, friend, we've got to be careful with the damned thing. The Adeptus Mechanicus have determined it's not functional now, but with our luck you'll jiggle the power cell back in and turn us all to dust. I haven't gotten to where I am by taking silly risks, and I really don't advise you do, either. So let's just put that little unknown heretical piece of filth down, there's a good chap, and discuss this like sane, rational servants of the Emperor.

"And yes, m'lord, we will ask for Maelas at the counter. Discretion may not be any of our middle names, but I daresay we can perform this task well enough."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-28, 04:39 PM
Elias:

With a stern look on his face Elias picks up and fits the micro-bead . "Septimus is right, lets get this taken care of. Every moment we waste more of this filth gets smuggled into the Imperium." Turning to address Peldrag Wolfe adds, "Is there any way you could set us down near this bar or will we have to make our own way?"

Hyregoth
2011-08-28, 08:35 PM
Davus steps away from the 'gun' and smiles at Septimus 'Quite right...we should be careful around these blasphemous items'.

Turning to Peldrag, he asks "Do we try to go in as prospective buyers or do we just start arresting people in the name of the Emperor and bring them in for interrogation?"

brolthemighty
2011-08-28, 09:17 PM
Uriel raises his hands slightly, as if warding off a mock blow, "Now Davus as much as seeing you rage at the mention of Xenos scum warms my heart, are you going to be able to hold that back when we attempt to infiltrate the Cold Trade ring?" Continuing on, he addresses the Acolyte Cell, "My dear Septimus aside from bringing the Emperor's enemies to His Judgement, this is what I do."

Thinking back on his training in the infiltration of various groups, he begins to formulate a plan, "Now, to infiltrate this ring we're going to need identities. We don't really look like the types that would be interested in these items, let alone be able to afford it." Turning to their Inquisitorial contact, "Would you be able to help with that possibly?"

"We could also attack the problem from two angles. I could go in as a potential buyer, along with a trusty bodyguard....and we have another part of the team actually investigating it. Of course, that might alert them and cause them to go to ground. I suggest we be prepared for any eventuality. Either way, our contact at the bar is waiting for us to show up, and act as prospective buyers. At the moment, that would be my suggestion."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-29, 12:52 AM
Elias:

Nodding after Uriel's comments Elias speaks up, "As usual I bow to Uriel's expertise in these matters. Though I might question splitting up I understand the difficulty with which we would pass off a group as large as ours as a simple buyer's entourage. I feel I would be best suited as the bodyguard to the buyer, however, in the event that we do split up, if it suits whoever plays the purchaser."

Donan
2011-08-29, 12:57 AM
Peldrag smiles lightly and gestures down the corridor. "I prepared a wide selection of clothing for your persusal. Find a room down there and look in the cabinet. I have information on identities prepared, I'll give them to you depending on who you decide to be."

He gives the group a nod. "How you proceed is up to you, you know how this game is gentlemen, after Maleas tells you what he knows, you'll be on your own."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-29, 01:34 AM
Elias:

"Thank you Peldrag, best fixer I've ever known." Elias flashes a grin, his humor returning after the incident with the xenos artifact.

"Lets see what we have..." Wolfe wanders off towards the aforementioned closet to see what kind of options have been made available.

Lucretia
2011-08-29, 05:57 AM
Septimus fitted a microbead to his ear and ran a hand through the tangled mass of hair that, people were pretty sure, was a beard. He nodded. "I don't doubt it, Uriel. Now, about that clothing, if you don't mind this old hunter's eyes on the selection..." He followed after Wolfe.

"By the corsets of the ancestors, quite a closet..." he muttered, searching through the closet for both a superior quality bodyglove to what he wore now and a noble's garb, something he once wore daily.

"I think, perhaps, I ought to be part of the 'split up' side of the group," he mentioned off-handedly to whoever could hear as he continued to search the selection. "Just in case the situation goes to the dogs, you understand. Nothing accelerates faster than a deal gone wrong, but I'm rather sure a bullet at least approaches it, you know."

brolthemighty
2011-08-29, 03:47 PM
Following the team into the ship and approaching one of the caves that peldrag considered a closet, Uriel pipes up over the microbead as well, "That would make sense. If we were to split, splitting evenly would probably be the best approach. A few people as an entourage is only fitting, a whole group on the other hand is asking for disbelief."

Searching through the closet, and the selection of clothing he continues, "Now, half of the lie, is the look. Each of us has a role to play. Now, I've dealt with these types before in my mission prior to joining the Cell. I may not be very comely or charming, but by the Throne I've learned to lie with the best of them...but without the look, it's pointless. So we need to decide on what role each of us will play before we choose attire."

Knowing that various places of ill-repute are not always where people of this sort do business, an idea strikes him. "We need to find out just what type of area this bar is located in. It will influence our attire. Peldrag are you on this channel? Anyone still near Peldrag. This is important."

Hyregoth
2011-08-29, 03:49 PM
Davus looks through the rack of clothes for something upscale and 'instyle' for the Hive but not so that he would draw unwanted attention to himself.

"Peh...Of course I can hold back until the time is right Uriel. Sometimes the joy of the kill must be mediated patience. We want to get the organizers of this ring not just the flunkies. The Emperor will have his justice and it isour duty to see that it is meted out to those guilty parties wherever they may be hiding. If you want to be the interested party, I can work with Maleas to follow up on any other leads that he may have."

Using his street knowledge, he will attempt to help others find suitable fashions for the area that the bar is in.

Donan
2011-08-29, 03:52 PM
There's a quiet chuckle. "I'm listening Uriel, have no worries.

It's a high class bar, fill of well off citizens and even a few minor nobles. It's charming, dignified and quite dangerous.

Well, to most people who poke around, I doubt it'll bother you all too much."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-29, 04:13 PM
Elias:

++Peldrag, how common is well-equipped muscle there? I wouldn't want to be the only bodyguard wearing full body armor.++ The slight hiss and crackle of the vox makes the communication an emotionless flat noise.

Sorting through the rack Wolfe tries to select something efficient but also well tailored. Elegant minimalism is what Elias is looking for. Something with noticeable quality to display wealth, but conservative pragmatism as would befit a bodyguard. "Something that looks sharp, is simple, and allows me to move when the lead starts screaming."

Donan
2011-08-30, 05:07 AM
++I'd suggest a suit with some light armour underneath. Most clients of Helios have bodyguards with them, burly men in badly fitting suits.++

There's a quiet chuckle. ++Your papers are being prepared now, to show you're all members and you're allowed inside.++

SublimeShadow
2011-08-30, 05:54 AM
Elias:

Selecting a somber, charcoal suit loose enough to fit over his flak armor Wolfe checks the tags for size and nods in approval. ++I think I found just the thing Peldrag, much thanks. I'll be back to your position for the papers shortly++

Taking the time to meticulously fit the suit he had acquired over his armor Elias notes that, though it fits rather snugly, the appropriate areas allow a respectable range of moment. Holstering his laspistol in a should rig and slinging his two long arms over his left and right shoulders he begins back towards Peldrag. "I must be an interesting sight." With a twist of his wrist, he flips his prized knife over his knuckles and sheathed it next to his shortarm.

Hyregoth
2011-08-30, 03:59 PM
Davus finishes gathering his attire and folds it into his carry-all bag. He looks around for anyone requiring assistance then taps his microbead.

"Are we about ready then?"

He comments while waiting for Peldrag to prepare the necessary documents.

"Do we have a description or background on this Maleas character? Where do you suggest we go to gather info on this Xeno race? Is there an Ordo Xeno library we could use?"

brolthemighty
2011-08-30, 04:05 PM
With information about the bar in mind, Uriel begins to sift through the myriad clothes. Something along his normal attire, of well cut grey and black suits that amply hide the armor underneath. A should rig for his pistol, thigh rig for this shotgun, and a few hidden pockets for a number of grenades....and he's set to go. Since he will be the buyer, he adds in some subtle displays his his "wealth" by adding in a few rings, and a brooch of the Noble Line he once belonged to. Reviewing the dataslate, he chooses one of the identities that fits what he's trying to do, and the one that best suits his needs. "I have a feeling we're going to make quite the impression."

Lucretia
2011-08-30, 04:47 PM
Septimus smiled, dressed in a nicer bodyglove -- when did he change? -- with a nice noble's outfit overtop. "So, was that a yes on splitting up? I can set up a nest nearby, be prepared in case anything goes wrong. It'd be a touch suspicious for me to bring in a combat shotgun, you understand, and without it I'm just about two shakes of a stick less than useless in a close combat fight. Besides, I'd daresay Uriel has the lying covered for us, and there won't be a place for any stories, so I might best serve from afar. Of course, I'm game for anything. Just tell me what to do, that's my motto."

SublimeShadow
2011-08-30, 04:52 PM
Elias:

Returning to Peldrag Elias begins looking through the available identities. "Say, I don't suppose you'd have any recommendations for me would you bud?" The undercover game was not his specialty and he wanted to make sure Uriel approved of anything he picked. "Wouldn't want it to be too much of a stretch."

Donan
2011-08-31, 02:08 AM
Peldrag smiled as the group assembled, a stack of data slates on the table. "Each of these shows you're a member of Helios and you'll be allowed in with no trouble. I have enough for each of you, though from the sound of it you don't all plan to go inside.

That's your choice of course, and given what's going on, it's not a bad idea."

He tapped the table lightly. "You look fine Elias." He gave the man a grin. "As for records on Xenos, I'm told research has alrwady been done but nothing's been found.

If there's a library in this system, I'm afraid I certainly don't have access."

He shakes his head ruefully. "Maleas though.. now there's a story. He's a crook, essentially, and a conman, dishonest and untrustworthy. He knows how things work at the lower levels though, and he's been very useful to have around.

He was the one who came across these items in the first place and he contacted me with what he found."

He raises a hand. "I know you'll all have doubts at this point, but he wouldn't dare doublecross the Inquistion for several reason. He's terrifed of them and he knows what'll happen to him.

On another level, he has their protection, he'd likely be hanging from one of Latos' bridges by his neck if not for that, and he's done very well with their support, he's a big name in certain circles now. Don't trust him with your money, but you can trust him with this assignment."

Peldrag chuckles at that.

SublimeShadow
2011-08-31, 02:31 AM
Elias:

Wolfe grumbles, smoothing over a few creases in his new suit. "Sounds just like the life I left behind, should be good times." Checking the loads on his longarms Elias looks up, "I forgot to ask, is it common for "bodyguards" to be so heavily kitted out? I'd hate to leave my rifle behind..."

brolthemighty
2011-08-31, 06:09 AM
Uriel takes in what Peldrag is saying, "Sounds like Maleas and I will get along famously," he says with relish. Ever since leaving his first assignment with the Network, he had been itching to go back undercover. Now was his chance. "Sounds like everything is in order then. So, it sounds like most of us are on board for splitting the group. My suggestion would be to simply come in two seperate groups. Group one will approach Maleas and do what we gotta do, group two will scout the area and be on hand in case things go south. Agreed?"

Lucretia
2011-08-31, 02:15 PM
"Yes sir, I daresay that sounds smashing. I'll certainly be on the scoot about and see what's what team. After all, I never was one to talk with people in boardrooms. There's no place for my anecdotes in them. Tosh." Septimus removed the noble garments, keeping on the higher quality bodyglove, and hoisted his weaponry back up on his shoulder.

"So, who's up for the ol' 'look around the perimeter to sniff out potential ambushes' squad with Seppy, hmm?"

Hyregoth
2011-08-31, 05:17 PM
Davus takes his gear and slips into one of the unoccupied rooms to change. He decides to leave the Shotgun since it's a bit too obvious for this line of work and straps his laspistol into place.

"I guess it's going to be us two on the prowl Septimus. Perhaps we should get going so we can have a good idea of the layout before our friends arrive."

Lucretia
2011-08-31, 05:20 PM
Septimus looks at Davus as he puts his shotgun away. "Don't leave that! We aren't going inside, after all, we can be as well armed as we damn well please!" He reaches back and pats the barrel of Puffington. "Besides, if this deal goes Warpwards, we don't want some piddly pistol, do we? No! The roar of the shotgun will announce our dismay."

Hyregoth
2011-08-31, 06:13 PM
"How right you are Septimus, besides, I can easily conceal the weapon as its slung over my back and covered with an expensive cloak. How could I have been so intimidated by a bunch of high brow tavern goers anyway."

He prepares his weapon for travel and stores the extra ammunition in the pockets of his Flak Jacket.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-31, 07:52 PM
The sermon finally coming to an end Lea hurries through the rain drenched streets of Latos Ciry towards the landing pad she was summoned to by some Lord Peldrag. She recalls having heard about the guy from some of her old comerades but never met him herself. Shaking the acidic raindrops out of her hair she climbs up the ramp and borders the shuttle waiting there.
"Hello everyone", she says flashing a warm smile at her team. "Sorry I'm late. I had an important celebration to perform. So where is this Lord Peldrag we're supposed to meet? Do you already know what this is all about?"

Donan
2011-09-01, 05:10 AM
Peldrag smiled and returned to the head of the table, gesturing to the data slates stacked there. "I'll let your team mates fill you in Lea. I'll wait in case you have anymore questions.

Ah!"

The Rogue Trader produced a small bag and set it on the table with a faint clink. "This should cover expenses. You'll need to take a monorail to reach the club."

He set another data slate down. "These are the directions there, it shouldn't take you too long."

The bag contains 200 thrones, a monorail ticket will cost 10 thrones each.

SleepyBadger
2011-09-01, 11:05 AM
"Pleased to meet you, Lord Peldrag. What's the task at hand?" Lea asks, turning to her comerades.

brolthemighty
2011-09-01, 04:39 PM
Uriel greets the Lady Lea quickly, allowing her to make her greetings all around before continuing, "We are to meet our contact and begin to infiltrate the Cold Trade there. An item has been procured that needs identified, and it's origin traced. In that light, we were just discussing roles. We'll be splitting the group slightly. Group A will go in and act as simple patrons. Getting a feel of the bar, and being on hand if things go south. Group B will be the ones to make contact."

Hyregoth
2011-09-01, 04:43 PM
The young Arbiter watches as the Cleric climbs aboard the shuttle and greets Peldrag. When the fixer motions to the 'team' to fill in the new arrival, Davus walks over and says

"Welcome Lea. I guess Peldrag wants us to fill you in on the details of our mission.

It seems someone has discovered some Xenos artefacts among the daily cold trade and the Inquisitor wants us to track it down. We have one lead...a man named Maleas Richards who works for us. Some of our team are going to meet with him while the rest of us watch their backs. So far it's Septimus and I on backup and Uriel and Wolfe making contact.

Lord Peldrag is supplying clothing and identification papers for us to infliltrate this high class establishment. He'll give you what you need. I can assist you with clothing choices that may be appropriate for the area. Any questions?"

Lucretia
2011-09-01, 04:45 PM
Morsus smiles at Lea. "Great to see you, dear girl. I suspect you'll be going in and speaking to the people. You always had such a silvered tongue, last I recalled. By the way, the closets are open to us, so if you wanted to obtain some clothing to feel more 'in character,' as the thespians call it, you certainly can."

SleepyBadger
2011-09-01, 07:07 PM
"Yes, I think I should go in", Lea says. "Thanks for the compliment by the way, Morsus. And acquiring the appropriate outfit would be a nice idea. Do you have this artifact here, Lord Peldrag?" Then she turns to her team again. "Have you seen it? Could you already figure out what it was used for?"

SublimeShadow
2011-09-01, 09:09 PM
Elias:

Wolfe chimes in when he feels Uriel has left a pause, "We've been splitting ourselves into those groups according to skill sets and whatnot. " He nods to the rest of the group. "We seem to have plenty of muscle, just need leadership I think."

Donan
2011-09-02, 01:51 AM
Peldrag nodded and opened the large, black box that rested on the table, revealing what lay within.

"It's a weapon of a type we've never encountered before. The records have been searched, but nothing of this technology or the race that created it were found.

The weapon's defunct, but it's new, so it's no relic found on a dig site. We need you to find the source of where this and several other items came from."

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/6/5152/57622.jpg

Hyregoth
2011-09-02, 09:56 AM
"Well, I didn't mean Artefact in the strictest sense of the word. Anyway, it is a weapon designed for a long, thin-limed race. I'm thinking three-fingers by the way the action is engineered. We don't have any good intel on this race at the moment. One other thing is the markings near the top. It seems to be a sort of insignia or regimental marking of some sort as it serves no other purpose. About the only thing we have to go on is this contact Maleas. Hopefully, he or someone he knows can enligten us further."

Davus says this last with a feral grin on his face.

SleepyBadger
2011-09-02, 10:38 PM
Lea examines the weapon. "Well I'm not sure what that might be..."
OoC: [roll0] (INT / 2 = 23)

Lucretia
2011-09-03, 12:00 PM
Septimus sat down and began to see to Puffington, to make sure everything was clean and as it should be. He glanced at Lea, seeing her examine the strange weapon, and considered joking with her. He opted out of it. He couldn't recall her sense of humor, and in Seppy's mind, that indicated she probably didn't have one.

Morsus was ready: he was just waiting for everyone else to clap their hands and say "break!" He felt the Cerberus shotgun on his back, heavy and reassuring, and made sure he had a few extra clips of all his various ammunitions. It would be a fun day indeed.

Donan
2011-09-04, 02:46 AM
Peldrag nodded at a quiet cough from his Seneschal. "Maleas should be able to get you started, yes. I won't be available for several weeks, there's some other business to attend to.

But you fellows know how to handle yourselves, learn what you can and I'll be able to tell the Navy and Guard where to go or what to do."

He smiled, nodding at the entrance. "Throne with you, I hope to see you all when I return."

Hyregoth
2011-09-04, 11:33 AM
Davus mock salutes Lord Peldrag and says 'Go with the Emperor', we'll keep you posted through normal channels. By the way, do we have any codes for the military to call down the Emperor's wrath or even some 'get out of jail cards?'

Turning back to the assembled group he continues:
Ok, Elias and Uriel are prospective buyer and bodyguard. Septimus and I will be watching their backs and generally keeping an eye out for trouble. How about you Lea? What's your part in this? You wanna hang back with Sep and I or scour the crowd for heretics on your own? I don't think it wise for us to split up anymore but that's your call.

Is everyone ready?

SleepyBadger
2011-09-04, 01:26 PM
"I thought we already agreed on me going with Uriel and Wolfe", Lea says.

SublimeShadow
2011-09-04, 03:27 PM
Elias

"I'm fine with either option, so long as we hurry. Perhaps she could be a financial agent of some sort. The assistant, if you will." Wolfe grunts and looks agitated, "So long as we can get this thing started as soon as possible."

Hyregoth
2011-09-04, 04:11 PM
"Sorry Lea, I didn't catch that. Posing as Elias's assistant sounds fine. Make sure you get your clothing and paperwork square with Peldrag before we head out.

Septimus and I will follow you to the location."

Davus finishes placing his gear around his body then tosses his bag to the seneschal.

I guess we're ready then.
Lord Peldrag, can you summon us up some transportation to the site?"

brolthemighty
2011-09-04, 05:01 PM
Uriel simply watches, and waits, until the rest of the team has finished their plans, "That sounds like a splendid idea. Three is better than two after all. Lea could serve as a wonderful distraction if she needs to be I would think. As far as splitting the group any further, I too would suggest against it." Clapping his hands together he continues, "Now, let's see what there is to see shall we? If we infiltrate the Cold Trade well enough, we might even be able to discover more of this Xenos tech." Looking down at the identity that he has been assigned, he wonders just how good of a forgery they are. Of course, knowing Peldrag, the only forgery is most likely their picture.

SleepyBadger
2011-09-04, 06:50 PM
"Sounds like a nice plan", Lea remarks. "Now let's get moving, we don't want to stand around here forever." She proceeds to pick up her clothes and papers from Peldrag.

Lucretia
2011-09-07, 02:08 PM
Septimus smiled at his compatriots, fully furnished, the camouflage cloak he wore draped over his shoulders, the weaponry beneath it. "I agree, m'dear. I think it's time we go and hunt down these foul traders and their heretical objects."

SublimeShadow
2011-09-07, 03:09 PM
Elias

Grunting Elias moves to the exit ramp of the guncutter, waiting for the team to be ready to disembark. "Lets get started people."