View Full Version : Exploding Gnomes and Halfling Hand Grenades- PF concept questions

Zefig
2011-08-25, 02:27 PM
I proposed this on the Paizo boards with no luck so far, so next I figure I'd try out you guys.

I'm not sure if this could be made to work, but I'm loving the idea so far so I'm going to try.

The basic concept is the Body Bludgeon rage power from UC and the Ki Charge ninja trick, also from UC, to pick up small enemies and throw them at over enemies while causing them to explode on impact.

A few problems I see, along with a few possible solutions:
1: Body bludgeon mentions making a melee attack with the pinned creature as part of the action used to maintain a grapple. This is normally a standard action, but the Greater Grapple feat allows maintaining a grapple to be done as a move action. Also, a helpless pinned creature can be wielded as an improvised weapon. 2-handed improvised thrown weapons take a full-round action to throw. Ki Charge charges and throws "a single thrown weapon" as a standard action. Is there any way this can be sorted and rectified? Would Throw Anything/Greater Grapple/any other feats or abilities help this?

Even if it did work, I would assume that the ki-charge would be more of a burst of energy that would damage both the thrown creature and the target, rather than granting a free kill on the 'weapon.' But again, it seems that this could require some serious adjudication.

In any case, discuss.