PDA

View Full Version : The Slender Man

No brains
2011-08-25, 06:27 PM
I've been thinking... What if it's a spider?

See what I thought about is that the body of slenderman is actually the cephalothorax and his head is actually the abdomen. It's also often pictured among trees and sometimes with extra arms. Sure its still a malevolent supernatural entity that's intelligent and pursuant of a mysterious goal, but I just think maybe its a spider too.

Mutant Sheep
2011-08-25, 06:35 PM
I think its a wizard alien. Who cast a spell. It could be a spider, but to meee.... it looks like a slender man.:smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2011-08-25, 06:51 PM
Hmm... I might read/watch that. Sure, go ahead with that.

...wait, you mean that wasn't the concept for Slendy in your upcoming story? :smallconfused:

See, the problem with saying "Slender Man is this" or "Slender Man is that" is that... well, he isn't. He's an enigma, left for whoever's listening to the story to decide. Or whoever is writing, if they want to go into more detail and be specific for their story.

But that's the thing: it'll only really be for their story. Slender Man is a community entity, one of the internet's few mythological figures. As such , everybody is free to use him how they want, but the truth isn't really a truth, because somebody will always put a different spin on it.

hobbitkniver
2011-08-25, 06:55 PM
I've been hearing about this slender man from a lot of places (all on the internet...). What is this from? Is this like a book or a movie or something? It seems to have gained popularity very quickly.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-08-25, 06:59 PM
I've been hearing about this slender man from a lot of places (all on the internet...). What is this from? Is this like a book or a movie or something? It seems to have gained popularity very quickly.

Forgive me for the link to TV Tropes, but since it has most of the bigger fictions there also, I think it's a good place to go if you wish to read up (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSlenderManMythos).

No brains
2011-08-25, 07:02 PM

Slenderman came straight from the web, especially if my theory is to be believed...

Gilphon
2011-08-25, 07:39 PM
Some interpretations of Slendy are certainly spider-like, but of course the problem with that is that nobody's interpretation of it is any more or less accurate than anyone's else when you get into that sort of thing.

Communal characters are extremely fickle when you start trying to pin down what they're 'really' like.