PDA

View Full Version : The Sparks of the Tempest

Pages : [1] 2

Terraspaz
2011-08-25, 06:42 PM
The Sparks of the Tempest

--Chapter One--

"Sweet breads here! Sweet breads! Can't enjoy the breaking of the Cloud without a sweet bread!" "Red Dragon Rum, get your Red Dragon rum here, only five silver an urn! Bring in the new year right, drunk as a skunk!" "Stand firm, people! We must be diligent in prayers if we wish the Everstorm to return and grace us with the majesty of the gods once more!" "Will anyone challenge the great Majestro at a test of skill? Does anyone posess the keen eye to pierce the target nearer than Majestro? Five copper to try your luck!" "Dusty?! Dusty! Excuse me, have you seen my horse? Oh, Hells, Dusty!?!" "ImmatellyouwhatforbuddyyouthinkI'mdrunkI'mnotDrunk It'stheendoftheworldandI'mLOVINEVERYMINUTEOFITiTTT T" The hustle and bustle of Festival day does not seem to wait ever for the full of day. With a thin glimmer of light on the horizon, the town is up early for a day of merriment, soul-searching, comradery, and for some, belligerent intoxication. Carth has prepared well for the event, with the City Square cleared out for the constructions of stands, and a row of several wooden 15 foot high towers for a better viewing of the surrounding area. Several competitions are gearing up in the area, such as archery, boxing, sparring, dice games, oration, and countless other diversions. Even the normally recluse the blue-cloaked figures of the Carth Wizard Guild are out in expectation of the event. There is electricity in the air to compensate for the imminent absence of electricity in the air.

Trodon
2011-08-26, 06:12 PM
The alien stands in the entrance of on alleyway, observing the day's events. She looks about, noting any newcomers to the town, as far as she can tell.

Spot: [roll0]

Terraspaz
2011-08-26, 07:36 PM
Trodon: You receive a small number of timid stares, but your presence has been in the city long enough so that you're no longer hot news in Carth. There's a man in a very colorful jacket setting up a stand across from you, juggling 5 balls that drift between colors through the air. You're unsure, but you think you hear a soft melody playing from him, but it's tough to say. There's plenty of noise in Carth this morning, after all.

Depending on where the other PC's are, you may notice them as well.

Trodon
2011-08-26, 09:02 PM
Good, there won't be a big commotion. She thinks to herself. She flies over to and perches on the tallest building so she can watch the crowd.

GuyFawkes
2011-08-26, 09:29 PM
Shadowy Figure

Among the hustle and bustle of the festive crowd, if one would observe keenly, one would notice some movement in the shadows. The figure moves around almost unnoticed, observing the people and the activities for anything out of the ordinary.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

Terraspaz
2011-08-26, 10:21 PM
Shadowy Figure: You mesh seamlessly into the crowd, passing unnoticed within feet of merchants, city guardsmen, blue-clad wizards, vagabonds, everyone in sight. The vantage point out of sight permits a unique perspective on the area. In the span of just a few moments, you see a colorfully clad entertainer alleviate several coins from the back pocket of a passerby, all without dropping any of his multicolored balls. A wizard carefully looks around before picking his nose, attempting to pass it off as a simple scratch. The strange Outlander sits, or maybe hovers atop one of the observation towers looking at... well, it's been really hard to tell with him, frankly.

The Underlord
2011-08-27, 07:18 AM
Bes

A gnome who appears to be a wizard but wears robes different then those usually seen in Carth is among the crowd but is not noticed as people seldom look down. He scans the on coming crowd with an intense look in his eye

He casts detrect magic facing the crowd.

Gandariel
2011-08-27, 09:47 AM
weren't we supposed to already know each other? if it's ok for you guys i'll assume i already know Trodon..

A Cleric in heavy armor is walking through the streets:
Don't leave the armor at the inn, they'll steal it from you!

Gosh, what was i thinking, everyone's partying and i'm carrying this stupid heavy armor..and i'm kinda attracting attention.. i need something to drink.. Oh, look at that, that's that little monster, heh

Duncan goes under the building where his friend is and calls out for him: Hey, get down here, my friend, share a beer with me... the crowd isn't gonna eat ya!

Trodon
2011-08-27, 10:04 AM
She flies down to greet Duncan. "Hello Duncan, how has this day been treating you?" She says, still looking about the crowd.

Gandariel
2011-08-27, 10:16 AM
Heh, the party looks good, but i'm kinda regretting not having dropped my armor back at the inn.

So, let's head out and grab something to drink, or play some game..

Is there anything that catches my interest in the street?
Spot check: [roll0]

Trodon
2011-08-27, 10:29 AM
"There was this man juggling five spheres of changing colors, it was interesting. I wish to observe him more," She looks back at Duncan.

Terraspaz
2011-08-27, 12:35 PM
Bes: You pick up several faint magical auras around various individuals, mostly the wizards and the Juggler. Further focus and study yields effects to include Prestidigitation, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, and you're not sure, but you think you pick up the touch of Glibness in the mix. But then, your senses might be lying to you.

Duncan and Trodon: The Juggler is starting to amass a small gathering, maybe about twenty or so around his performance. A quick ooh and aah echo as he tosses a ball from under his leg without missing a beat. About a block down, a man touted as "The Great Majestro" boastfully challenges oncomers to an archery contest for small wagers.

All: A congregation seems to be heading toward the center of the Observation towers for an opening ceremony of sorts, though it doesn't look like Mayor Hillet has arrived yet. It's likely at least thirty minutes away.

Gandariel
2011-08-27, 04:09 PM
He looks very skilled, but for some reason he has something... strange... i wish i could cast Detect magic in this day, i'm sure it would tell me something...
Hm, hey, maybe that archer guy accepts a challenge from you, using that strange attack of yours! I could cast something to give you a little.. advantage

Trodon
2011-08-27, 04:16 PM
"Hmm, that sounds good, cast your spell and let us see."

Gandariel
2011-08-27, 04:43 PM
I'm talking about Divine favor, +2 luck bonus for one minute

We both go somewhere near the archer guy but hidden.
Then i cast Divine Favor on him.
Then, quickly we go to that archer guy:
Hello!
My friend here wants to try his luck, but.. well, bows are not really his thing.. he is good at shooting a particular ranged attack of his, would you accept a challenge from him?

tell me if i need to roll anything

Terraspaz
2011-08-28, 10:38 PM
Duncan and Trodon: Well well, my good fellows. Can't say I've ever taken on a challenge from an Outworlder. But, as I am very certainly the best striker in this or any of the Planes, I accept your challenge, and very shortly your five copper. Just make sure whatever you're using is gonna leave me a target after this. I've got a fair bit more money to accept from challengers today, and nobody likes shooting at rubble. Judging by your garb, I'd say you could cover for this creation when he should fail, so, good sirs, I challenge you to better this shot! Majestro unslings a large longbow from his back, unsheathes a knife from his pocket, and tosses it into the ground. He straddles the knife, one foot on either side, and neatly draws an arrow to his cheek. Holding it there for only an instant, he lets it fly.

[roll0]

The arrow blurs through the air under the hefty power of the longbow, and buries its head into the outer ring of the Bull's Eye. Majestro re-slings his bow, and triumphantly smirks at you.

Trodon
2011-08-29, 07:29 AM
The alien ignores him, stands where indicated and takes aim. After a moment she fires a glob of acidic ooze at the target.

[roll0]

Edit: I just realized it's a touch attack, if that helps at all.

Terraspaz
2011-08-29, 04:24 PM
Duncan and Trodon: Splllssssshhhhhh Your glob of acid strikes the the third ring out from the Bull's Eye, hissing and bubbling as it slides down the target, leaving a trail of coarse, bare fabric behind. "Aha! It would appear that the distance accomodates only the most skilled of eyes, and the steadiest of nerves! Keep your change sir, for you've shown that even outworlders, even creatures of the beyond are little competition for the precise aim of the Great Majestro!!!" He struts with a beaming grin, arms raised towards the audience who reply with a mixture of mighty applause and defeated sighing.

Bes and Shadowy Figure: You both see the events transpire, which have begun to draw quite a crowd, though it's speculation to say whether it is because of the terrific shot from Majestro, or the bizarre appearance of the "Outlander."

All: A podium, is brought out onto the center stage, as are two large golden pots, one higher than the other. A man who you recognize as a local cleric of Ehlonna chants over the containers, as a stream of water arcs from the higher to the lower pot, in a constant flow. Satisfied, the priest, named Othet, takes a seat among the gathering crowd.

Trodon
2011-08-29, 04:35 PM
The alien emits a low hissing sound, much like a sigh that the mammals that surround her make, before stepping to the side and releasing a clear stone in the shape of a spindle as it floats [roll0] foot from her head.

The Underlord
2011-08-29, 05:11 PM
Bes hears the majesto and turns his detect magic on him.
It does last long enough to do that right?

Gandariel
2011-08-29, 05:53 PM
Don't be hard on yourself, it wasn't such a bad shot.. just make sure to hit enemies when we'll have to... Duncan now notices what's happening:

Well, it went bad. i guess we should go to the centre stages, the ceremony seems to be starting..

Trodon
2011-08-29, 06:01 PM
"It was a fluke, and I will be sure to melt any who decide to fight us. I'd like to get a better view, if you don't mind." She eyes the place she perched earlier.

Terraspaz
2011-08-29, 10:16 PM
Bes
The bow is indeed magical, and possesses at least a +1 enchantment.

(Verifying Locations)

Trodon - On top of an observation tower
Duncan - Center Stage
Bes - Amidst the crowd
Shadowy Figure - Skulking in an alley

A figure wearing simple brown robes begins to walk across the stage, and you all immediately recognize him as Mayor Hillet. A fairly pompous looking man with chin held high, Hillet does not walk across the stage, rather he struts, proudly comfortable in his seemingly self-proclaimed regality. Carth is by no means a kingdom, but its isolation makes that easy to forget. And Hillet is no exception. He gazes down his thin, straight nose at the audience all staring at him alone, on stage. He bears no guards with him, only a longsword at his side offers any visible defense.

He stands behind the podium, the ever-pouring waterfall to his right, and speaks with a firm and hearty voice. "Citizens of Carth! Brothers, Sisters! It is good to see such a wonderful turnout for yet another Bright and Prosperous Calm! For today is the one day of the year that we can come together as a city ignoring the petty differences that separate us. Whether we be separated by line of family, economic stature, or our archaic misshapen beliefs..."

Sense Motive:
Tryanid: [roll0] (+0)
Duncan: [roll1] (+5)
Bes: [roll2] (-1)
Shadowy Figure: [roll3] (+4)

Edit: Forgot y'alls modifiers the first time. Bes is still the only winner.

--Bes--
You notice Hillet cut a scathing glance to a group of blue-cloaked wizards off to the side.

...today we put all that aside, for festivity and merriment. You know, I look out there today, at the looming cloud on the horizon, and some will see it as an impass, a limit to the expanse of human exploration. But I see it as a reminder that there are always hurdles to challenge yourself on, that there is a constant opportunity for self improvement. You can rely on the strength within you, each and --every-- one of you... ...and that force is stronger than any magic that may be crafted.

A roar of applause erupts from the crowd, as Hillet stands there beaming in the admiration of those in front of him. Well, almost all those in front of him.

"Now then, the Everstorm should be breaking sometime in the next few hours, so I won't keep you from your festive preparations any longer! People of Carth, I delare the Festival of the Calm to be O---"

Hillet's eyes dart wide open as his body convulses to the right, grasping at his side while he collapses to the ground. A red streaming flow begins to bleed through his brown rope. The crowd begins to erupt in panic, as Black Star, Bes, and Tyranid see a large hooded figure begin muscling his way out of the crowd towards the exit. Moments later, roars and grunts plow through the entrance to Carth as a stream of Orcs begins pouring into the city, no less than 75 strong. Some people begin to flee, gathering their loved ones close at hand to outrun the coming onslaught. Others, such as Majestro and the Juggler race towards their stands, the look of battle in their eyes. The question is...

...What do you do?

Maps and clearer details will be up tomorrow, but for now, you've got one round to make any sort of preparation... spell, positioning, communication, what have you.

Gandariel
2011-08-30, 05:25 AM
I cast Longstrider from my 1st level Domain Slot

Duncan had been there before and had seen something like that before: he remmebered exactly what to do.

After casting his spell he jumps on the stage and shouts:
Listen to me! the women, the children, the old and the sick go and hide somewhere! the men pick a weapon and get ready to fight! We need people to go and block each side road, to surround them and avoid being surrounded ourselves!

Hey, Ballsofarms, keep flying and fire those orbs of yours... and keep watch of which positions need reinforcement!

Well, though fire is not actually appropriate, since y'know..acid

I'm not that good in melee fight, so i'd rather avoid it, but that's not sure, it depends on what's the situation.
My relevant spells are Fly, Dispel magic, Blindness, Hold person, and some buffing spells.

I am probably going to move around, heal, buff, and fight if need be.

GuyFawkes
2011-08-30, 07:36 AM
Shadowy Figure

Nothing escapes the watchful eyes among the shadows, and he immediately becomes aware of the danger as soon as it happens. He notices the hooded figure hastily trying to make for the exit and decides to tail it.

He smiles. He had come to this town to find something worthwhile, and it seems he is in luck.

He will try to follow the hooded figure stealthily
[roll0]

Trodon
2011-08-30, 01:19 PM
The alien chuckles, as well as she can. She flies above the horde, just inside of her range then looks about, taking it all in.

[roll0]

The Underlord
2011-08-30, 09:53 PM
Bes looks quickly around and casts Sculpted Grease(20ft Spread) into the crowd of orcs.

Terraspaz
2011-08-30, 10:48 PM
MAP:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-10.jpg

Legend:
Green (Clockwise from Top Left): Bes, Shadowy Figure, Tyranid (flying), and Dun can
Red: Orcs
Blue: Orc Captains
Yellow: Juggler
Orange: Majestro
Brown: Hooded Figure
Cyan: Townspeople willing to fight

Yellow Circle: Grease Spell

Still figuring out the best way to indicate characters.

Bes: A large mound of goo the color of snot arcs through the air, dousing the feet of one of the oncoming waves of orcs. Several of them fall to the ground with an embarassing thud, while the others flail their arms about trying to retain their balance.

Duncan: The blessings of the heavens channel through your body, manifesting as tension in your legs. With a newly found spring in your step, you stand facing the Orcs.

Shadowy Figure: You manage to get a fix on the hooded figure's location, as he races back behind a small group of Orcs. The Juggler is standing nearby, but does not seem to notice him.

All: Your team won initiative, so post your turn in any order, and we'll use the turns in the order you post. After everyone acts, all the NPC's will act at once.

GuyFawkes
2011-08-30, 11:29 PM
Shadowy Figure

The shadow decides to move in on the hooded figure before it gets closer to the oncoming orcs. With a swift movement he manages to close the gap between them and throw a blow to the back.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

The Underlord
2011-08-31, 07:58 AM
Bes casts protection from evil on himself to protect from the orcs.

Trodon
2011-08-31, 10:21 AM
The alien aim her 'arms' at two incoming orcs, then fires a glob of acid at each of them.

Orc 1:
[roll0]

[roll1]

Orc 2:
[roll2]

[roll3]

Gandariel
2011-08-31, 12:18 PM
Duncan is in N15
Duncan turns to the Juggler: you can take those two on your own, right?
Then, he moves fastly, thanks to his spell, towards where he sees the largest amount of enemies (and a captain too, perfect
He also decides to gain an extra protection for the incoming fight: a little spell to enhance his health and durability i'll sure need it..
Then, he moves in front of the enemies, and yells to the townspeople around him: Get near me!

Duncan uses his move action to move North-west (i'm aiming for I-12, if my movement doesn't allow it then the closest to that point.)
Then he casts Bear's Endurance on himself (+10 hp and +2 Fort saves) and gets ready. He also (free action) yells at the four people around him(F10, G13, K10, L13)

Terraspaz
2011-08-31, 06:33 PM
Shadowy Figure: You sneak up behind the dashing hooded figure, and are surprised to discover a thick layer of leather under the flapping cloak. The figure whirls around, revealing and lunging at you with a knife in one fluid motion. The shock and speed do not permit you time to react, as the knife grazes your side. However, for such a minor wound, it immediately rages on fire, then feels completely numb. You steady your mettle as the feeling of paralysis creeps up your side, but fight through it, and hold your ground.

(Heal Check Success): You recognize the effects as those from a Carrion Crawler Brain poison. While it does no meaningful damage, it does instantly paralyze its victims.

The hooded figure backs away from you, knife at the ready. A dark mask covers the creature's face.

Bes: A swirl of arcane energies surrounds you, and a thin wall of shimmering air envelops you in all directions. Several villagers advance toward the pile of stumbled Orcs, seizing the opportunity to get some blows in. They hurl rocks and knives, though only one lands a minor hit, bouncing off the shoulder of one of the orcs. (Now in J30) The orcs stumble and hobble towards you out of the grease, some regaining their balance, others tripping. Their leader carefully makes his way forward, looking straight at you with a look of rage in his eye.

Trodon: Your lethal blobs of acid arc through the air. While one sails over the head of an oncoming assailant, the other connects squarely in the face, dropping the creature in a writhing struggle of screams.

Duncan: You feel a hearty surge of energy as the grace of the Heavens fills and empowers you. A wall of villagers surrounds you, all of whom withdraw knives and hurl them at the oncoming horde of orcs. One of them connects squarely in the neck, dropping the orc like a bad habit. Unfortunately, the survivors hustle forward, killing three of your comrades in a single slash. The captain barrels towards you, landing a gash in your thigh with his falchion. The belt around his waist glows a green hue as he roars at you, revelling in his destruction.

Others:
Majestro: The remaining orc races up and cleaves a large gash into Majestro's side. Backpeddeling, the archer draws two arrows, and fires them in rapid succession. The first sails to the left of the orc, but the second pierces the creature's leather armor, and brings him to the ground.

Juggler: A pair of orcs comes from the South, swinging high and low, and catching him in the leg. He flips backwards, stands tall, and with a booming voice bellows. GENTLEMEN... BEHOLD!!!! A series of flashing lights radiates through the sky above the two creatures, and the falchions in their hands nearly fall out as their grips loosen, completely captivated by the Hypnotic Pattern above. He smirks across the battle at Duncan. "I'd say I've got a light on the situation!!!"

Summary:
Duncan: Hit for 13 damage. (Current HP - 33)
Black Star: Hit for 3 damage, Fort Save Passed (Current HP - 27)
Bes: No damage taken
Alien: No damage taken
Majestro: Hit for 11 damage.
Juggler: Hit for 8 damage.

Map:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-11.jpg

Legend:
Green (Clockwise from Top Right): Bes, Shadowy Figure, Tyranid (flying), and Duncan
Brown: Hooded Figure
Cyan: Townspeople willing to fight

Falconknight06
2011-08-31, 07:05 PM
Well, I guess it is time I joined the fray Elkas thinks as he drops the cloth he had been covered with, and charges at the nearest Orc with a cry. As he charges, Duncan hears a familiar bark as well.

Elkas charge against the Orc in square G11
[roll0]

Greataxe!
[roll1]

Sol's charge against the Orc in square G10
[roll2]

Bite Damage
[roll3]

Trodon
2011-08-31, 07:36 PM
The alien fires again, frustrated at her miss.

Orc 1[roll0]
[roll1]

Orc 2[roll2]
[roll3]

Terraspaz
2011-08-31, 07:46 PM
Elkas: You hurl your cloak to the side, catching the advancing Orc completely off-guard. You bury your axe deep into the Orc's chest, nearly splitting it in two. Sol, always at your side, lunges at the orc next to your prey, dragging it by the throat all the way to the ground. The citizens of Carth beside you cheer your arrival, salvation from the onslaught of bloodshed.

Trodon: The excitement of battle passed, you carefully hurl two globs at orcs, hitting both squarely in the chest. A citizen within spitting distance of a deadly orc smiles and cheers for you, clapping wildly while gazing up at your perch on the Observation Tower.

Map:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-12.jpg

Players still to act:

Bes (J22)
Duncan (N23)
Black Star (I12)

Also, as a reminder, you can walk uninhibited on corpses. They don't actually take up space on the map.

The Underlord
2011-08-31, 09:51 PM
Bes notices the orcs surroding Duncan and casts Silent image in the shape of Gruumush, the orc god next to the orc captian

GuyFawkes
2011-08-31, 10:02 PM
Shadowy Figure

Taken by surprise by the counter stab, the stealthy man barely dodged the attack, but was still grazed on his side, and he noticed the blade was tipped with poison. But it was not enough to stop him, and noticing the threat the hooded figure posed, he did not take any chance. In one split second, the man vanished from sight, only to reappear at the side of the hooded figure after what seemed like a roundhouse kick to the face.

As swift action, use Ghost Step and move to M24.
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2](sudden strike)
Ki points left: 4/6

Gandariel
2011-09-01, 06:14 PM
Heey, look at who's back! i thought i'd never see you again! well that's a good helping hand, the situation wasn't so good.

Duncan tries to cast Hold person on the commander.
Concentration roll, DC 17.
I have +10 (+4 for enhanced Con and 6 ranks) HOPE IT WORKS!

[roll0]

Terraspaz
2011-09-01, 07:47 PM
Bes: You swirl up a force of arcane energy, and float it just beyond the chaotic battle with Duncan at its center. You close your eyes, allowing your imagination to run wild. Ferocious eyes, blood dripping from two deadly spears, big... no, Bigger! Green, scars all over, and... yes, yes a necklace of skulls. All kinds! Elves, Dwarves, even Orcs! Yes, that ought to do it! You open your eyes to discover a towering figure looming just beyond Duncan and his enemy-of-the-moment. A towering figure with ferocious eyes wielding two blood-drenched, deadly looking spears shoots an angry glare across the battlefield, necklace of skulls swaying to and fro. The villagers, previously emboldened by the relative success of the battle, scream in terror as the figure appears out of nothing, death in his eye. Several of them begin to flee, dropping rocks, knives, or whatever weapons they were wielding. The orcs stand in awe, seeming to await direction from their mighty lord... all save one.

Next turn, to keep up the illusion (since you don't have sound, you'll need to either make a Knowledge (Religion) or Bluff Check (your choice) to make the image act in a believable way to the Orcs. You'll oppose their Sense Motive rolls.

Duncan: The orc remains locked in intensity with you, and deftly lunges in with a carefully aimed stroke at your chest. However, the gain in accuracy comes with a loss in power, and he fails to penetrate your Banded Mail. He takes careful note of you, glancing down at your feet every so often. You try to match his focus, keeping a careful eye on him as you ask for the strength to bind your foe's feet to the ground. Unfortunately, your grasp on the Divine Power slips, and your eyes blink with momentary confusion.

Black Star:The hooded figure lurches in anguish as you crack his head with the flat of your foot, driving him against the wall. He glares at you with a face partially revealed by the slightly dislodged hood. This isn't over! He dips and somersaults out of your reach, tumbling to the side of the Observation Tower. You see a scrap of parchment in his hand, and in an instant, he vanishes into thin air.

I'll entertain some Spellcraft checks on that one.

As the dust settles from his impressive acrobatic stunt, one burning thought drives into your mind. ...That was a human, not an orc.

Others:
Townsfolk: One of the brave few who remained manages to drive a knife underneath a dazed Orc's chin, killing him in a flash of bravery.

Juggler: I tell ya, that fella sure must have a crush on you. Playing Hard to Get is a sure sign of that. Majestro chuckles at Black Star, maintaining his focus on the flashing and swaying pattern above the two fascinated orcs. Any time you want to deal with them, be my guest, pal.

Majestro: Oh, SHI-" Majestro hurls his back against the observation tower, out of sight of the towering figure.

Summary
Orcs are confused for the moment, one of them died to a knife, Duncan and the Captain dance around fruitlessly, The hooded figure casts something from a scroll, and disappears. Oh, and a Large Godly image of an Orc God is hanging around. Should sum up the round.

(Two Round Warning for the Grease Spell)

Map
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-13.jpg

Green (Clockwise from Top Right): Bes, Shadowy Figure, Tyranid (flying), and Duncan, Elkas and Sol
Cyan: Townspeople

GuyFawkes
2011-09-01, 10:46 PM
Shadowy Figure

A human? The shadow was surprised with this turn of events. A human working with orcs? A lot of things ran through his mind and the momentary lapse of concentration allowed the man to slip past and use some sort of scroll and vanished in an instant.

After the man vanished, he heard the juggler comment on his quarry and hinted at the orcs in front of him. He immediately took the opportunity and circled around the tower stealthily, taking a shot at the nearest orc.

Spellcraft: [roll0]

Move to O27
Hide: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5](sudden strike)

Gandariel
2011-09-02, 04:46 AM
Whoa, that's big! isn't that that orc god of theirs?

Ok, whatever, now the capitain is distracted, this gave me the opportunity to try again and hit that ugly orc..

Frustrated by his previous failed attempt, Duncan tries again to cast his spell, as he murmurs the holy words and a light appears on his fingers...
Cm'on.. i already lost three people, i can't lose any other...
Cast again Hold person(i had 2).. since he's distracted, do i need to Cast Defensively anyway? if so, then [roll0]

Anyway, attack roll [roll1] for the touch attack

Trodon
2011-09-02, 01:22 PM
The alien turns, flies closer then fires two blobs of acid at the orc captain.

Moving to I14, shooting at orc captain at I11.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

Falconknight06
2011-09-03, 12:12 PM
Elkas eyes light up as he sees the much larger prey in front of his eyes. Sol, go help with that Orc Captain. I'm going after that guy! the dwarf yelled to his dog as he charged at the Orc God. His axe arced through the air towards the giant creature

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sol will charge the Orc Captain in I 11
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

The Underlord
2011-09-03, 12:16 PM
Bes cast ghost sound on the illusion
"Fellow Orcs! Leave this place or face my wrath!"

Terraspaz
2011-09-05, 10:11 AM
Out of Initiative

Black Star: You circle around the tower, creeping up on an orc that remains distracted by the dazzling lights above his head. You drive your elbow into the small of his back, hearing a satisfying crunch sound as he falls to the ground.

Duncan: The power of divinity surges back into your hand, and flows through your touch to surround the armored orc in front of you. He remains immobile, bearing just enough motion to keep his balance standing, and to assault you with a glare that simply screams death.

Trodon: You whip two blobs of acid over Duncan's head, as smile with satisfaction as they both strike the captain squarely in the chest. He doesn't flinch, he doesn't budge, and he doesn't even acknowledge your presence.

Elkas: As Sol charges towards the immobilized captain and rips his throat clear out of his neck, you race towards the Large creature, bringing your waraxe down in a mighty blow against the Orc's leg. You are shocked to discover that the axe encounters no resistance, nor is any mark left on the giant leg. The force of your strike leaves you slightly off-balance as you look up at the totally uninjured Orc God, who now begins to speak.

Bes: FELLOW ORCS! LEAVE THIS PLACE OR FACE MY WRATH!!! The figure you've conjured stands up and roars so believably you have half a mind to begin fleeing yourself. Whether it's from the illusionary command or the tide of the battle is unclear, but the remaining orcs (that are capable) begin tearing out of the city, slipping on the remaining grease as they flee at their god's command.

Townsfolk being pouring out of their homes, chasing the invaders out of Carth, and slaying those that fall within the reach of their deadly mob. It's truly amazing what power confidence bestows on someone... truly greater than any sword.

Combat End

Gandariel
2011-09-05, 10:33 AM
GUYS! COME HERE! I IMMOBILIZED ONE OF THE CAPTAINS, HELP ME TIE HIM, WE'LL INTERROGATE HIM!

Duncan is relieved that the orcs areescaping, but sees the opportunity to learn more about this assault (and the death of the mayor...)

Duncan then picks his morningstar and hits him hard, though avoiding to kill him.
is anyone good with a rope?

Duncan Coupe de Graces him nonlethally (is that possible?)
The Hold person should last for 4 more rounds, providing the orc doesn't roll a 17 or better...

GuyFawkes
2011-09-05, 10:42 AM
Shadowy Figure

After looking around to see if the coast is clear, the man tried to check the orc he fell if it is still alive, then proceeded to search for whatever it had on it, specially those that could give a clue to what just happened.

The Underlord
2011-09-05, 11:11 AM
Bes dismisses the illusion and winks at Elkas, and says to him " Liked my illusion?

Falconknight06
2011-09-05, 09:38 PM
Elkas looks at the Gnome a bit bewildered, then laughs heartily saying aye, it is quite the trick ya got up yer sleeve. I thought I was gonna have a giant orc head on my wall. As he says this, he calls Sol over, and produces a old strip of cloth to clean up the dog's mouth and fur of the blood.

Terraspaz
2011-09-05, 11:48 PM
Duncan: You bonk the Orc on the head, dropping to the ground with an ungraceful thud, large knot growing on the orc's head as he begins snoring.

Black Star: The orc captain that's been subdued carries a standard issue falchion, a sack filled with 100 gold pieces, a firm leather belt (which can easily be identified as a belt of Giant's Strength +4) and a set of studded leather armor +2.

GuyFawkes
2011-09-06, 12:25 AM
Shadowy Figure

The figure gathers all the objects he could find and stands up to address the others. "Nice touch on the orc god, Bes. That went well," smiling at the gnome. Then addressing the others, "Anyone need any of these stuff?" raising the objects he found for the others to see.

Gandariel
2011-09-06, 04:11 AM
Likewise, Duncan Searches the possessions of the capitain, and then he asks again if anyone is able to properly tie him for interrogation..

Trodon
2011-09-06, 12:32 PM
"I do not." The alien says as she flies down to everyone. "I can not assist you with the ropes."

GuyFawkes
2011-09-06, 12:55 PM
Shadowy Figure

Seeing as no one is volunteering, he spoke up. "Here, lemme do that," and rummaged for a rope in his backpack before going over the unconscious orc captain and proceeded to tie him up.

Use Rope: [roll0]

After going over his handiwork and giving it a once-over to see if it's secure, he stood up and asked. "Now, anybody have any idea what the hell just happened?"

Gandariel
2011-09-06, 06:49 PM
No, i don't.. But i'm sure this captain knows something... tomorrow i will be able to cast a spell to make sure he tells the truth... we'd better tie him and keep him somewhere safe until tomorrow...

Ouch, you don't seem to be that good with ropes.. maybe you'd better try again..

Tomorrow if everything goes as planned i'll prepare a Zone of truth spell. And, you should really take 20 in that Use Rope check :P

And, more importantly, is anybody hurt? does anybody need to be healed?

Duncan tries to see if the three people that were dropped in the fight are still alive, and if they are he uses some of his magic to stabilize them, as a first thing. Then he calls loud for anyone who got hurt to come to him, and he'll try to heal them.

if the people who were KOd in the fight seem to be alive (though dying) Duncan uses a Cure Minor Wound on them. then he asks for hurt people to come to him. if you tell me how many hurt people is there i'll tell you how will i spend my spell slots

Terraspaz
2011-09-06, 10:23 PM
Duncan: You find two of the civilians clutching on to life, though the third has since passed on, killed instantly from the savage blow. You gather a moment of solace, and channel a spark of life into the two living figures. Their eyes remain closed, but their hearts beat with renewed strength.

All:

As you secure the unconscious Orc Captain, a man walks over to you, clad in a sky blue robe. "You all seemed to hold yourselves pretty well in that brawl, travelers. A lot of people owe you their lives, if they won't admit it. ...My name is Streemus. I'm a trainee over at the Academy." The man with thick brown hair smiles, greeting you all with ardent handshakes (well, 4 of you, at least.) The crowd begins returning to the City Square, a mixture of cheering and curiosity permeating the air. Despite the cries of anguish and the friends and loved ones lost, there is a tangible sense of victory. "We're lucky to have you in town, really. Oh, here comes the Seat!"

Floating on a disc of shimmering magical energy, a tall thin figure with straight blonde hair hovers towards your party, accompanied by several figures wearing hustling along the ground, all wearing blue cloth robes. "Well well... so this is all you managed to subdue from the party of brigands. I don't suppose we'll have any clear idea of where they came from now, will we? No, no I suppose we'll just have to wait for another strike on those people to ascertain the true motive behind these strikes. If you had allowed us to contain these brutes instead of clobbering about like dullards, this situation may've been prevented in the future." He takes a step forward toward Bes, and addresses the gnome specifically. Ah, Master gnome, the situation certainly bears the fruit of your handiwork. You've directed your servants remarkably well, considering the situation. If only you'd had the foresight to wait. Ah, we'll simply have to overcome. The Seat looks around with disdain in his eyes as a barking cry erupts from the stage.

"Well, look at the High and Mighty Seat of Carth, gracing us with his honored presence after we all nearly DIED! Yes, yes, may we serve your magical grace? Can we dust your feet? Can we offer you a Hells-Damned SCONE?!?!"

The Seat looks around to the voice, rolling his eyes as a young woman, face marred with dirt and drying blood marches towards him. "Now, really... it is regretable what happened here, it truly is, but Chaos is an ever present force in the world, girl. Much like the EverStorm herself, the future is filled with turmoil and terror. There is no stopping it, all one can do is adapt as it comes. Rage yields nothing."

"You pompous OilHead! We aren't some bloody test subjects for you to observe from your Tower!! We're your neighbors! We're PEOPLE!!!"

"Well as people, maybe you shouldn't have elected an incompentent dunderhead like Hillet to lead this town. As Mayor, he really is the proper target of your rage-driven bleatings, rather than a gentleman as myself."

The woman rears back, balling up a fist to drive into the face of the placid, blue-clad man, when suddenly her body is held in place by an invisible force. Hold Person She glares and snarls at the man, managing to spit at him, though it slides down off an invisible barrier inches from his face. "Hillet is dead! Your inaction killed him!

The commotion in the Square stops, as all attention focuses on the altercation between the two. The Seat looks at the woman blankly, then waves a hand as she falls back to the ground in a disgraceful lump, scrambling to her feet. The Seat looks blankly at the stage, where a crowd is gathering around the center of the stage, and the fallen body of Mayor Hillet. "Regretable." The Seat takes in a calm sigh, and vanishes in a glittery haze. Those that accompanied him hustle back in the direction of the tower, just as the strong breeze that had been speeding through the air stills to a stop. The air stagnates, as the raging storm South of the City quells, and subsides.

The Calm has arrived.

Falconknight06
2011-09-07, 01:45 AM
Elkas will move quickly to help the young woman up, giving the man a disappointed look as he floats away. He's a haughty bastard ain't he. You ok lass?

Gandariel
2011-09-07, 05:43 AM
I wanted to interject to tell the Seat that i did manage to capture one of them..

Duncan looks, suspiciously, at the whole scene. Gentleman is surely NOT an appropriate name for him... he could at least have had his mages fight in the battle...

Duncan still has three Cantrips, four 1st level spells and two Third level spells

Now let's see to get you guys up your feet...

Duncan channels divine forces to heal the two people who can still be helped
A Cure Light Wounds on each of them, for [roll0] and [roll1] Hp

Then he looks around to see if anyone needs his help:You're ok guys, right?

GuyFawkes
2011-09-07, 08:08 AM
Shadowy Figure

The whole time the Seat talked, the man entertained such thoughts in his head as a low blow or a straight punch to the face. He would have said the exact same thing that the woman said had she not beat him to it. When the Seat had gone with his lackeys, he just couldn't help commenting.

"Where was he when the orcs were actually here? And he has the balls to tell us we only captured JUST one? How many did he get?" he said with a disgusted look in his face.

Terraspaz
2011-09-07, 10:57 PM
Yes, yes sir dwarf, I'm fine. Take more of a man than that stick to ruffle my skin, I tell ya. The woman storms off in a huff, heading toward a pack of injured or dead nearer the stage. Y'all take care now, y'hear?

Meanwhile, Duncan's Healing light pours into the two bleeding villagers, closing otherwise mortal wounds, and rejuvenating them with vital spirit. Their eyes roll open, and they suck in a breath of air, moaning and groaning as they stand up. Confusion passes across their face as they look around, trying to piece together what happened. After a moment or two, they heartily thank Duncan, mumbling blessings to the heavens, and apologizing for running off so quickly to check on their families.

Streemus stands scratching the back of his head, looking bashfully at the 5 of you. Yes, well ah... ah, that's the Seat. Not really much of a crowd pleaser that guy, but I'm sure he had a reason for not rushing to the battle. He normally is so protective of Carth and its people. Maybe he was focused on the Calm, and didn't see the attack coming... but, well, that's really just speculation, y'know.

Is there anything I can help you with? Streemus stands before you wide-eyed, awaiting an answer.

GuyFawkes
2011-09-07, 11:15 PM
Shadowy Figure

The man turned to the mage who called himself Seemus. "Yeah, well nevermind him. What I want to know is what the hell just happened. Orcs attacking. Is that normal here? And by that I mean assassination attempts on the mayor as well, which today succeeded of course."

Gandariel
2011-09-08, 04:50 AM
yeah, unless it's a weird way to celebrate i suppose some investigation is needed. if you don't have another way of making sure that monster isn't lying, tomorrow i can prepare a spell to compel him to tell the truth..without unnecessary torture.

results on the Search for the orc's possessions?

The Underlord
2011-09-08, 06:48 PM
No wonder the mayor disliked the wizards, they are all stuck-up jerks around here. He looks at the apprentice and asks Do you know anything about this, wizard? As the mayor disliked wizards, I could see why a wizard like the Seat would want him silenced.

Falconknight06
2011-09-08, 08:27 PM
After helping the girl to her feet, Elkas will turn to the one who found the Orc's position and proclaim, perhaps I could use that belt. My pants do seem to be ridin' a bit low these days, and my axe hand could always use a hand in the strength of my swing.

Terraspaz
2011-09-08, 08:48 PM
"What? You're seriously suggesting the Seat was involved in Hillet's Murder? No, travelers, I know you don't have extended knowledge of our city and its residents, but the Seat is a man of cold Fairness. He's not exactly a people-pleaser, but he's no killer. There's no way he did this. Streemus blinks, glancing back toward the stage, a twinge of doubt flashing across his face. And no, I can't say this is normal for us. We have the occasional desert creature wander by, or even into town sometimes, but it's always incidental, never an organized attack like this. Hells, we don't even have a militia.

I guess interrogating him would be the best thing... we ought to find out if such attacks are going to be recurring or not. If nothing else, we should try to salvage as much of the Calm as we can... we all could use some cheer today.

The Orc captain was carrying a regular falchion, a Belt of Giant's Strength +4, and some +2 Studded Leather armor. (It was listed in post 51)

GuyFawkes
2011-09-08, 09:22 PM
Shadowy Figure

"If you say so," he replies to Streemus. "By the way, I've been hearing it much but I've never really got into this Calm thing. Care to explain more on this?"

Terraspaz
2011-09-08, 10:58 PM
Ah, certainly. Streemus straightens his posture, clearly relieved at the change to a lighter subject. "No doubt you've noticed the EverStorm to the South of the city. I don't know how long you all have been here, but that Storm rages on all year long... save for one day of the year. This time each year, the storm subsides for a day, simply disappearing into the air. It's the one time a year we can enjoy still winds, a calm sound of the air, and obtain a wonderful view of the mountains beyond here. We'd like to explore there one day, but unfortunately, we can't. The storm surges again the next day, and even the swiftest horses can't make it there and back in one day. We would complain more, if we did not rely on the storm as much as we do.

The waters that the storm brings down flow outward, much of it reaching the area around Carth. Without those small creeks and streams, farming here would surely be impossible. Also, in order to be one of the Risen at the Academy, one must venture into the EverStorm one night, and complete a test. I'm not entirely certain what it entails, but it involves mastering the Lightning, somehow. I'll be told next year, when I'll hopefully be ready for the undertaking." He stands with a beaming smile. But today is supposed to just be a celebration.

Gandariel
2011-09-09, 06:12 AM
Oh, ops, my bad. I thought the one GuyFawkes Searched was another one...

I had never heard of this Everstorm.. its magic origins must be very interesting.. sadly i'm afraid we have bigger concerns than studying these phenomena... So i understand you have absolutely no idea about what just happened.
Any information on it, though, would be useful.. don't you have any idea on who would ever want to make the city panicked? who hated the mayor? enemies? recent contact with orcs?

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, you have my help in finding out what happened, and i'm sure also my companion's

Before going to sleep Duncan will heal himself of the 3 hp missing, as well as healing both the Juggler and Majestro (who i remember were both hit)

GuyFawkes
2011-09-09, 09:14 AM
Shadowy Figure

"Oh yeah, I noticed this hooded guy sneaking out of the plaza as soon as the commotion started. I tried to tail him and subdue him but he used this scroll and vanished. I think he might be the one who shot the mayor. And, he was human."

He paused a bit to let the thought sink in, looking each of his companions in the eye, and lastly at Streemus. "Which brings the conclusion...there might be an inside job of some sort?"

Terraspaz
2011-09-09, 06:33 PM
Streemus looks taken aback, then collects himself with a large sigh. "No... no, no it must've been an outlander... I don't... there's just no way that... and to think that the Academy would..."

Streemus looks off towards the now parted clouds, running his hands through his brown hair. "I'll see what I can find out around the Academy... see if any of the others have heard anything... ...World used to be a simple place... ...guess this comes with becoming a man, then." Streemus walks off, occasionally pulling at his hair, muttering to himself as he walks back towards the tower, blue cloak fluttering with each step.

Terraspaz
2011-09-11, 11:14 PM
The day proceeds in a confused state of repair. The Juggler wanders around, doing his best to liven the spirit with acts of juggling, slight of hand, and the occasional melody. And it seems to be working. Little by little, the town gets back to the festivities at hand. Stands are quickly erected, performances are remade, but a large section of Carth still mourns friends and family lost. The Church of Pelor is out in force, tending to wounded, but more often, the deceased, reading final rites and comforting those bereaved. The only saving grave for the day is that it passes quickly, allowing the mournful the only peaceful night of the year to grieve. As tradition dictates, the night is quiet, with all the sounds of the day lulled to silent by sunset. Most of the city remains outside, staring at the newly revealed sky of stars, some lost in their majesty, others searching for answers.

The next morning comes with a blackening sky. The EverStorm hasn't resurged yet, but the growing gray shows a glimpse of the imminent future. Streemus swings by your inn, and reports that the Orc Captain finally awoke late last night. He's since been kept in the Dungeons of the Tower, and has been kept incoherent with sedative tea for the last hour or so.

GuyFawkes
2011-09-12, 12:18 AM
Shadowy Figure

The man named Black Star was up before the sun broke through the morning sky. He went outside and admired the calm twilight which was not there the day before and he knew would not last for more a couple of hours. He looked at the stars that were still visible, and he thought to himself. Shall I ever see the day when I would shine like those stars in the heaven? With a deep breath, he immediately went about his daily routine of exercising his body. He wouldn't be able to be somebody with just hoping for it to happen.

He and was about to finish when the man from the day before who called himself Streemus went by the inn looking for them. When he heard about the orc that they captured had already awakened, he spoke. "Well then, let's get this thing over with. Duncan, you got your spell ready, right?"

Gandariel
2011-09-12, 07:46 AM
Duncan was stupefied by the Calm. A weird and wounderful event, that's for sure. He was curious about people's reaction of seeing a clear sky, and the stars glowing above Carth.

Duncan spent a good deal of the day at Pelor's temple, mostly praying and learning more about Pelor, a divinity with whom he shared part of his beliefs.

He was with his little alien friend, sharing a drink, when he was informed about the capitain:

Yes, of course... there's little chance he'll be able to resist my spell... let's go and do this thing, i am really eager to know what's happening, and most of all i don't like being inactive like this when something this big is happening

Falconknight06
2011-09-12, 06:45 PM
Elkas will hook the guards belt snugly around the waist of his pants, instantly feeling a surge of strength as he does. He hooks his axe and shield over his back, and pats Sol on the head as he follows the group to question the Orc. As he does, he'll say to Duncan

Well, I'm not much of an interrogator, but I can look intimidating if I have to.

Trodon
2011-09-12, 08:33 PM
"I'm afraid I won't be of much assistance, nevertheless let's head to it."

Terraspaz
2011-09-12, 09:22 PM
Streemus meets you at the gate to the Academy, a mighty building standing six stories tall - easily the largest building in Carth, doubling the 20 foot high City Hall. As he guides you through the gate, you feel a tingling sensation creep up your necks as you pass through.

The magical among you easily perceive this as Detect Evil

Streemus guides you to the side of the main entrance, a huge wooden door with a small staircase, instead using a firm metal door surrounded by a stone archway. Streemus beckons for you to follow him from the Courtyard, into the Dungeon.

Several figures in blue robes greet you at the doorway. They briefly examine you, then return to studying documents, fiddling with spell reagents, or in one gentleman's case, searching for the bottom of a bottle of spiced ale. As you are guided through a collection of cells, you see several other creatures imprisoned here, including a giant spider, a trio of zombies chained to a wall, and what looks to be nothing more than a floating ball of darkness. But there, at the end of the row of cells is a green figure, stripped naked and chained against the wall. His head is laid back against the thick iron bars, as his chest slowly rises and falls with labored breathing.

If there's anything you need, I'll be standing right here. Streemus mutters a quick incantation

<Knock>

as he raps his knuckles against the iron door, watching as it swings open into the cell. The orc captain is before you.

Gandariel
2011-09-13, 02:44 AM
for a moment, Duncan looks almost sorry for the condition of the orc, but then he remembers the people he killed..

Well, well, well... now let's see what do you know...
Duncan casts the spell he especially prepared for the occasion, and after a moment everyone in a 40-feet radius feels uncountable invisible sparks rushing to their brains

Ok, the spell is cast. Whoever wants to interrogate him, please do so. And be quick, the incantation only lasts for several minutes.

Zone of truth. Everyone should make a DC 17 Will Save. Since the PCs are.. well, PCs, the only people who actually need to roll are Steemus and the orc

Terraspaz
2011-09-13, 04:15 PM
The air briefly shimmers with a faint glow as you complete your incantation. The orc squints his eyes, shaking his head, clearly under duress.

GuyFawkes
2011-09-13, 10:30 PM
Black Star

With no one speaking up, Black Star stepped forward and started the interrogations. "Speak. What was the purpose of your attack on the town, orc? On whose orders did you do it?" He would wait for an answer to each question before asking the next one.

Terraspaz
2011-09-14, 07:01 PM
it was... for the ore. we wanted the ore. man say he take us to ore, must destroy festival. do not know man. wore hood, and promises. we try destroy festival and be killed.
do not care about dirty city. want ore from mountains. ...also want kill you, dwarf. The Orc glares through a menacing grimace at Elkas.

GuyFawkes
2011-09-14, 10:37 PM
Black Star

Black Star's interest is piqued when he heard the orc mention about a man. So there is a human involved. The question is, if this man is from the village. And he also took note of the ore. What ore is this? Maybe Streemus knows something about this.

"A man? Who is this man wou told you about the ore? What ore are you talking about? And why do you want to kill this dwarf?" As before, he waited for the orc's reply on each question before asking the next.

Terraspaz
2011-09-15, 09:08 PM
don't know who man is. never see face. red hair. face in shadow. ore come from mountains, far off. big power in small rock. make tribe king tribe of orcs. The Orc unleashes another furious sneer at Elkas. and dwarf must die because his blood stinks. dwarf blood is bad blood. forever.

Falconknight06
2011-09-16, 12:43 AM
Elkas will sniff himself quizzically, then shrug his shoulders as he doesn't smell what the Orc is talking about. What in the nine hells is that green bastard talking about? Elkas will think to himself with a scowl,

GuyFawkes
2011-09-16, 01:40 AM
Black Star

Seeing that the prisoner doesn't really know anything of the man, he tried to ask the question anyway. "This man you speak of, is he by any chance from this village? If not, then where? And is this mountain where the ores are beyond the Everstorm?"

Terraspaz
2011-09-16, 04:00 PM
The orc captain struggles against his chains, but sags his shoulders as he meets unyielding resistance. man said he was a friend. friends offer help. he offered magic ore from mountains. man was friend.

yes. mountains on side of storm have magic ore. wanted ore for glory and strength.

GuyFawkes
2011-09-17, 12:31 AM
Black Star

Satisfied with what he had gotten out of the orc, he turned back towards his companions. "Well, that's about all the questions I had in mind. You guys have any more questions? The floor is yours," he spoke with a mock bow, jesting with the others in motioning them forward for their turn.

Gandariel
2011-09-17, 02:49 AM
No, i think the orc knows nothing else. we should try to know someting more about this ore..

Maybe someone at the Academy knows something about it, or will be willing to use some divination spells to discover something... But i have this feeling that we'll have to go to that cave and discover it ourselves..

Terraspaz
2011-09-19, 10:02 PM
Streemus leans in, clearing his throat.

Well, if I may... ...there is something you should have, if you're looking to best the Everstorm. It will take some time to get a Lightning Rod issued from the Tower, but it will certainly help with the force of the storm itself. Though, I should caution you, it will do little against the denizens of the storm... elementals, planar beings, dire beasts... be cautious. He dashes off, cloak fluttering behind him as he hurries towards the Tower.

Endure Elements won't do much against the storm, but it may be helpful in the mountains on the other side. They might be gold.

GuyFawkes
2011-09-20, 04:55 AM
Black Star

When Streemus left, Black Star convened with his companions. "What bothers me is this human I saw. Who is he affiliated to? I still can't shake the fact that someone from the town. Or knows somebody from town. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't hurt to be careful. Especially those stuck ups from the academy."

He paused then asked. "Well, where do you guys want to start? I will just tag along with where you want to go."

Trodon
2011-09-20, 10:21 AM
"I am ready to depart as well."

Terraspaz
2011-09-20, 10:00 PM
...And so I watched the Outlanders gather beside the bloodbath of yesterday, the ground still stained with the mixed bloods of Carthans and Orcs alike, talking with the BlueCloak. Not even in town for a week, and they manage to turn one of the most revered festivals in our history into a day of tragedy, for decades to come. The attack will surely turn the celebration of the Calm to a day long memorial to the fallen.

But what I am unsure of is whether these Outlanders are a curse, or a gift to our city. While they defeated the bulk of the invaders, who's to say that they were not the cause of the attack in the first place. Strangers arrive, and after them comes trouble. More than coincidence, it's clear to see. History (and should I survive the ordeal, my tongue) will tell whether or not they're agents of evil, or dawning salvation, but one thing is clear as water...

Our fate surely lies in their hands. -- Entry in the Juggler's Journal.

--Chapter Two--

"Now, take care of this. This is sure to be your only salvation out there in the elements. This Lightning Rod is one of only a few we have in the Tower, so I would very much appreciate its return. It's benefit to you will be twofold. First, it will divert any errant lightning strikes away from it, thereby protecting its wielder, and those who share his company. It does have a limited range against the primal forces of nature, so I suggest you not test its reach more than necessary. Secondly, the wielder will have some level of protection against the StormSpawn that you may run across out there.

...I... I wish I could accompany you on this journey, but Tower rules demand that only those seeking Ascencion take their first steps into the Everstorm. So I wish you the greatest of fortune, and ask for your safe return. And not just for the Lightning Rod's return... ...your story will be of the greatest value to the Tower, I'm certain.

May the Powers of the Planes find favor on you, Outlanders. Farewell.

The mage's blessing still runs up your nerves, even hours after you left Carth, heading south underneath the black sky. The humidity in the air raises and thickens, until your body and clothes are drenched in a perpetual coat of sweat. Though the sun is quickly and completely obscured from view, the cloud above flashes and flares enough to sufficiently illuminate the earth below. On top of that, the cloud seems to emit some sort of dim, black glow.

Streemus's gift seems to be effective in its work. Twice in the last hour, lightning crashes no more than 50 feet away, deafening the world with its accompanying thunderclap. If only the Lightning Rod could do something about that, too.

As your journey continues, the hair on the back of your neck rises up. Whether it's from the tangible electricity in the air, or a baleful premonition is unclear, but the danger feels very, very real.

Lightning Rod: (Passive Effect) Lightning naturally striking from the Everstorm will not strike within a 25 foot radius of the bearer.
(Active Effect) Functions as a +1 dagger that deals +1d6 Lightning Damage. Also provides Energy Resistance 5 (Lightning) to wielder

Please post any special preparations for travelling in the Everstorm, and roll initiative if you're so inclined. (I'll do it, otherwise.)

Also, figure out who's carrying the Lightning Rod. (Streemus will have given it to Bes, initially.)

Trodon
2011-09-21, 10:44 PM
The alien walks (bipedal) up to the juggler. "Greatings, what do you think about all of this?"

Terraspaz
2011-09-21, 11:13 PM
"Well sir. It is said that one cannot yield a baker's dozen without breaking a few eggs. You and your friends run up quite the ingredients list... I trust that the sweetbread at the end of the tale will be delicate and moist, deserving of the time and effort, and blood, spent on its creation. Do be certain the product is one of beauty, sir. People will cheer for a hero, but will accost a destroyer.

I don't mean to keep you from your journey, as it appears your friends are departing. Luck of the Roads on you, sir. The Juggler flourishes an impressive bow as your party departs into the blackness of the Everstorm.

After a near-day's worth of hiking, a tremor shakes through the air, rattling loose rocks on the ground until the very air begins to smell of fire. Lightning crashes all around you, striking just barely outside the protective sphere given by Bes' Lightning Rod. The air grows still, and for a brief moment, the torrent of lightning ceases. Before you have a chance to revel in the newfound quiet, Lightning arcs from several points on the sky, coalescing in a large glowing bolt of lightning that crashes into the ground, whizzing small bits of rock and sand by your face with the force of the blow. The bright light dazzles your vision, but strangely, does not cease.

The bolt recedes, leaving a glowing ball where it contacted the earth. The ball takes shape, and turns two deep blue eyes towards you, set deep in an otherwise empty face. The glow of electricity around it mounts, as it begins to roll towards you.

Meanwhile, on the other side, several small lizards burrow out of the ground, surrounded by their own glow of power. Small arcs of electricity jump between the lizards, as it appears they feed each other with the energy of the nearby allies.

As the StormSpawn advance towards you, a deafing roar shrieks from above.

Feel free to note any (Reasonable) preparations you made with your first action. Anything measured in Hours / Level is fair game, but Minutes / Level must be cast after the battle starts. Also, you should thank Elkas for carrying the initiative banner. You guys go first.

Map
Start of Round 1
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-14.jpg

GuyFawkes
2011-09-21, 11:32 PM
Black Star

Black Star readied himself for the impending fight. He took note of the radius of the Lightning Rod, and thought he should be careful when attacking outside of it. He drew out his sword and waited for the beasts came closer.

Gandariel
2011-09-22, 12:52 PM
Duncan quickly scans the area, and decides to confront the elemental.
Ok, guys, we were told this would happen. Well i didn't expect that many, but let's do it.
This should help us
Duncan concentrates for a second and sends forth a wave which covers his allies, protecting them from harmful lightning effects.
Standard action: cast Resist energy,mass (SpC) (obviously against lightning)

it should hit all of us, since there's six of us but Elkas can Share spells with his animal companion

Trodon
2011-09-22, 09:05 PM
The alien prepares to fly and take aim.

Terraspaz
2011-09-22, 11:12 PM
Round 1

Black Star: You eye the foes around you warily, marking their positions and tensing your muscles to strike at the first one that comes within the protective range of the Rod.

Duncan Idaho: You ask the divine powers for the power to withstand its mightiest of elements. A shimmering blue aura surrounds all in your party, crackling outward with a glowing shimmer of electricity.

Tyranid: You begin to take flight, eyeing the surrounding area for foes.

Black Star and Tyranid: I'm taking that to mean a readied action to attack the first enemy that comes within range?

As the lightning elemental begins to turn toward you, you see the air haze and wave all around the creature, as the energy output from this force evaporates the water in the air around it. Proximity to this creature would not be a pleasant experience.

SUMMARY
Duncan: Cast Resist Energy (Mass) (Electric)
Black Star and Tyranid - Readying actions
Bes and Elkas - Still to act.

Falconknight06
2011-09-25, 02:15 PM
Elkas moves to guard the bearer of the rod, realizing that the one bearing the rod may not be as adept with one hand taken. He sets his shield, hoping it will serve its purpose, even against a creature mode of lightning.

Terraspaz
2011-09-26, 07:00 PM
Round 1

Bes holds a firm grasp on the Lightning Rod, waving a hand and muttering a deep, rhythmic incantation. Soon, a second Bes appears from the air and joins in the incantation, and then a third, and finally a fourth. The illusions move in a chaotic, shuffling swirl, until the eye loses track of where the original Bes lands on the ground.

Tyranid: You lob brutal glob of sizzling acid, burning away at the outer skin of one of the Shocker Lizards. It shreiks, scratching furiously at the acid, flaking of several glittering scales as it does so. In retaliation, the shocker lizards advance, the blue crackling eyes of one comes within view of Black Star. You dart in from behind your allies, and lunge forward against one of the reptiles. Unfortunately, the aura provided by the Lightning Rod hampers your movement just enough to cause you to miss a step, and strike just over the ducking lizard's head. It glares at you with enraged eyes, and draws a bolt of energy from the lizard behind it, and unleashes it into your chest. You spin to dodge the brunt of the blast, but it still singes your inards.

Elkas: As you establish a firm, solid defense, the other two lizards combine a bolt of energy, nearly taking you off your feet with powerful booming lightning.

Duncan: The rolling ball of energy charges straight at you, slamming into you with a ferocious force of pure arcane force. As the divine blessings absorb the damage, you feel a deep tingling in your muscles, lighting up your muscles with a cramping pain. You stomach the blow, and retain mobility.

Elkas:A familiar tingling races up your spine, alerts your senses to the skies. A distant roar grows ever louder, and though the sky is still far to black to penetrate with the eye, something in the air harkens back to a time long ago, a time of great magnificence... ...a time of horrific danger.

SUMMARY:Black Star takes 1 Damage
Elkas takes 1 Damage
All Saves Passed.

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-15.jpg

Gandariel
2011-09-27, 01:45 AM
argh, i hoped i would have had more buff time, but this will have to do

Seeing how it has protected both him and his allies, Duncan mentally thanks himself for preparing it. well, yeah, that's been a great idea..
DUH, you're on a friggin' storm, and that Steemus guy explicitly TOLD you what you were going to find...
That's a good idea nevertheless.

Duncan faces the arcane creature and delivrs a blow to it with his Morningstar

[roll0]
Damage is [roll1]

GuyFawkes
2011-09-27, 12:28 PM
Black Star

Black Star gritted his teeth as the shock coursed through his body. As soon as he could, he maneuvered himself around the lizard, minding still the extent of the Lightning Rod, and threw a hook to the back of his quarry's head.

5-foot step to I14.
Damage: [roll1]

GuyFawkes
2011-09-27, 12:40 PM
Black Star

Black Star gritted his teeth as the shock coursed through his body. As soon as he could, he maneuvered himself around the lizard, minding still the extent of the Lightning Rod, and threw a hook to the back of his quarry's head.

5-foot step to I14.

Terraspaz
2011-09-28, 09:38 PM
Duncan: The rolling ball of lightning emits such a strong array of light, you're forced to raise your hand to shield your already squinting eyes from further assault. Your vision is so obscured that you flail widely to the side, missing the mark.

Black Star: You tumble behind one of the approaching Shocker Lizards, and deliver a swift punch to the back of its neck. It shrieks, glaring at you with a burning rage, and perhaps a glimmer of tears welling in its eyes.

Players Still to Act
Elkas (And Sol)
Tyranid

Trodon
2011-09-28, 10:09 PM
The alien turns and fires two globs of acid at the nearest lizard.

Shooting twice at the lizard in L12.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

Falconknight06
2011-09-29, 06:02 PM
Elkas and Sol move with a fluid grace, as if they were in fact the same creature, rather than two. They quickly move to flank the Lightning elemental with Duncan.

I know elementals can't be flanked, but I wanted to make it sound good.

Elkas with Waraxe
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Sol's Bite
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

EDIT: Oh bull****! Why can't elementals be crit?!?!:smallfurious:

Terraspaz
2011-09-29, 10:23 PM
Tyranid:

You hurl two more globs of sizzling acid at the face of a charging Lizard, eroding its face in a brutal shock of force, as one manages to directly connect.

Elkas: Your perfect commands to Sol allow you to nimbly slide into position against the Elemental. You both strike at the creation in perfect harmony, feeling your blade cleave into the side of the creation. A tingling rushes through your axe into your arms, but other than some mild discomfort, you remain unhindered.

Bes (Ghosted): Bes surrounds himself in pink aura of protective energy, then reaches out, enveloping Duncan in a mist of shimmering, wavy armor. "I've got a bad feeling out there..." he mutters.

Protection from Evil

Tyranid:
The lizards, shreiking at the sight of one of their clansman sizzling to a cinder, crouch low, and form a triangle against the ground, glaring at Tyranid. A blue aura surrounds the creatures, their eyes alight, and a bolt of electricity streaks through the air, directly connecting with the aloft Tyranid. You can feel the bolt impeded by the surge of power, but are wracked with reeling pain as every muscle in your body contracts at once, contorting your body into a misshapen blob of arms, wings, and legs.

Resist Energy Absorbs 10, you take 22 Damage. 7 HP Remain.

Elkas:

The elemental turns around to lay a vicious backhand upside your hand, but the being of energy harmlessly passes through without the slightest hint of pain. A smirk begins to rise on your face as the ease of this battle presents itself... until the shadow on the horizon comes into view. Small, and still faint, the telltale blue scales encasing the gliding wings leave no doubt as to what's rushing towards you. A joy strikes in your heart as you see the all-too-familiar shape of a Blue Dragon streaking just over the ground towards your party.

SUMMARY
Tyranid hit for a whopping 22 damage, down to 7 HP
One Shocker Lizard down, one wounded, two at full health.
Elemental at around 1/3 Health

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-16.jpg

Falconknight06
2011-09-30, 01:12 PM
Lads, prepare yourself. We've got quite the prize approaching us! Elkas will yell as he tries to finish the elemental before his new foe arrives.

Elkas will TWF this thing

Attack with Axe
[roll0]

Attack with Spiked Mithral Shield
[roll1]

Axe Damage
[roll2]

Shield Damage
[roll3]

Sol's Attack
[roll4]

Sol's Damage
[roll5]

GuyFawkes
2011-09-30, 07:53 PM
Black Star

Black Star moved in for the takedown, closing the gap between him and his target in one leap and landed a spinning kick on the lizard's back.

Gandariel
2011-10-01, 10:40 AM
Duncan sees his little friend damaged, even though his protective spell, and decides to rush to him and heal him up.
Don't worry, my friend, i'll heal you back up. Just be quick and kill those things!
Duncan channels some of the energies gods bestowed on him to help his firend with a cure spell

Move action to go to him and standard action to burn his 3rd level slot (dispel magic) to cast a cure serious wounds on him for [roll0] hp

Terraspaz
2011-10-02, 12:09 PM
Elkas and Sol: Your simultaneous strikes continue to put the creation on edge, though it manages to avoid Sol's sharp teeth and your keenly edged axe, your shield strikes home, crashing into its side. You feel a very familiar tinge of energy shoot up your arm as you connect with the foe, but easily dismiss it as insignificant.

Black Star: You deftly move in with furious accuracy, only to have the creature duck under your flying leg. You reestablish your position staring and the still wounded, and still blazing blue eyes of the lizard.

Duncan: The divine energies rearrange themselves towards Tyranid, going in deep to heal the burns that even escape the eye. While he still bears mark of injury, his condition seems greatly improved.

Summary:
Elkas: The shield hits the elemental for 7 damage. (21 Damage Suffered so far)
Black Star: Wiff
Duncan: Healed for 17. Moved to the left 1 space.

Still to Act: Tyranid

MAP:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-17.jpg

Trodon
2011-10-02, 09:24 PM
The alien snarls and fires two more blobs at a lizard.

Shooting at the lizard at L13.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

Terraspaz
2011-10-03, 06:52 PM
Tyranid: You whip an arm around, sending a glob of acid boring into the back of an already wounded lizard. The two remaining lizards briefly glare at each other, flaring blue and sending out a final, ineffective bolt as they turn tail and run.

Bes (Ghosted): Bes kneels down, channelling energy through the Lightning Rod. Then, in a flash, he rises, shooting three jets of white light towards the elemental, grinning as they crash into the ball of energy. It flickers, stumbles, and then flickers out of existence.

All:
There's little time to rejoice at the routing of the lizards, and the dissipation of the elemental, as a screeching howl rages through the air, accompanied by a blue streak whizzing by. A ferocious bolt of lightning jolts forth from the Dragon's mouth, blasting Elkas and Bes with tremendous force. The Dragon speeds on, cackling. Yes... run morsels! Prepare to learn the price of entering my domain! Hurahahaha!!!!!

Summary:
Elkas and Bes each hit for 17 damage.
Elemental and a lizard defeated.

Reminder, Dragon Breath takes 2-5 rounds to recharge. For obvious reasons, I'm keeping that roll private.

MAP:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-18.jpg

Gandariel
2011-10-04, 07:11 AM
Duncan thinks quickly: That dragon is too far away, and we can't kill him for a distance. Let's move towards him, and most importantly let's get ready to fight it. I suppose he'll try to fly away if we run to it.... This should do the job. Elkas, Sol, i'm counting on you!
Duncan places a hand on Elkas's shoulder and feels his magic flowing through it: he and his companion feel lifted and light.
Now let's go! and stay near me, in case you need healing
5-foot step to get to them
-Standard action to cast Fly on them(domain slot)
-Move action to go to M 20

Falconknight06
2011-10-07, 11:06 PM
Duncan my friend, if you're going to be healin' us, ya might want this Elkas will say, as he pulls out a wand and uses it on himself. He then hands the wand to Duncan. As sets himself, ready for the creature's next attack, his necklace becomes visible, a bright blue scale on a leather cord.

Sol and Elkas heal

[roll0]

Scale is my amulet of natural armor. Just flavor text

Also, I get a +4 Dodge bonus against dragons, a +1 to hit them, and a +2 to saving throws versus spells and spell-like abilities.

GuyFawkes
2011-10-07, 11:27 PM
Black Star

Black Star was going for the takedown, but the apparent danger posed by another incoming threat made him miss his target. In one sudden flash, a lightning strike tore into their midst, catching Elkas and Bes in its path.

Damn, its faster than I thought, he thought to himself as he wheeled around to follow the flight of the dragon. When Duncan proposed for the group to charge the dragon, he wanted to protest out loud, but the prospect of testing his skills against one living dragon is an opportunity too precious to pass on.

Terraspaz
2011-10-10, 11:37 PM
As you surround yourselves in healing and protective energies, establishing your ground against the reptilian foe, Bes begins to glow in a brilliant aura of pure white light. He begins to oscillate through all the colors of the spectrum, before unleashing them in a terrific fury against the cackling reptile. Right behind him, the alien unleashes two more globs of acid, that connect and sizzle, causing the dragon to jerk to the left. He rubs his face into his size, trying to clear his eyes from the dazzling display, and completely misses striking at any living creature nearby. Fools. FOOLS! You dare insult me with these pathetic tricks! I'll see you all devoured!!! He blunders through the sky, rubbing at his eyes with rage in his voice... and perhaps a touch of Fear.

OOC
I do apologize for the Delay of Game. I'll take my 5 yard penalty, and continue on, ready to play.

Summary
Bes is invisible for a round
The Dragon is blinded.
The Acid strikes the Dragon for 28 damage

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-19.jpg

Gandariel
2011-10-11, 01:38 AM
Nah, keep the wand for later.. i got better..
Once again duncan taps in his divine energies and casts a spell on Elkas and Sol.
then, feeling the energy of Bes' spell on him, he moves towards the dragon.
Bear's endurance on elkas and Sol, 10 temp hp for both.
i move 20 feet towards the dragon

GuyFawkes
2011-10-12, 02:18 AM
Black Star

An opening!

Black Star wasted no time, closing the gap between him and the dragon in a blink of an eye, jumping as he was in range, focusing his energy into his fist, and aimed for an attack on the creature's belly.

Spend 1 ki point for Ki Strike (+1 enhancement bonus to attack) 5/6 ki points left.
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3](SS) + [roll4](if crit)

Falconknight06
2011-10-12, 03:38 AM
Elkas quickly stows the wand, turns to Sol and says Well Sol, let's show this overgrown crocodile what the Sapphiredge clan are made of. With a roar, the two charge at the beast, Duncan's spell allowing them to attack it from above, matching Black Star's attack from below.

Elkas charge with his axe
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

If a crit
[roll2]

Add to damage
[roll3]

Sol's Charge
[roll4]

Sol's Damage
[roll5]

Possible Crit
[roll6]

Crit Damage
[roll7]

Terraspaz
2011-10-12, 10:52 PM
Out of Initiative

Elkas, Sol and Black Star charge at the dragon, skirting the edge of the protective radius of the Lightning Rod as Bes races behind you, robes fluttering through the air as he races to catch up. The simultaneous strikes from Elkas and Black Star cause the dragon to snarl out in raging pain. The newly opened wounds on his hide erupt in a flash of spewing, crackling energy, requiring a brief arm raising to shield your eyes. A genuine look of fear crosses the beast's face, and he beats his powerful wings, propelling himself upwards, spreading wind and sand across your faces in a stinging blast. Sol manages to get a final snap in at his dangling legs before the Dragon ascends above the clouds, out of sight. THIS ISN'T OVER, MORTALS!! BY THE NEXT FULL MOON I WILL SEE YOU ALL DEVOURED, WITH YOUR BONES TO SERVE AS TOOTHPICKS FOR THE NEXT MEAL AMONG YOU!!! A roaring blast of thunder and lightning races down through the sky at you, but is deflected the safe twenty feet away, so that the bolt serves as little more than an exclamation point on the Dragon's departure.

The air begins to still with calmness as you collect your energy, and reflect on the day's battles.

SUMMARY
Dragon hit for 42 DAMAGE!!!
Dragon Survives, but flees.

All party members gain a Level.

GuyFawkes
2011-10-13, 02:02 AM
Black Star

"Is everyone okay?" He looked at his companions to see if they are fine. He quickly returns near them, and in the safe range of the Lightning Rod.

"Come. We must not linger here any longer. There might be other creatures who got wind of the fight." He smiled. They had just taken on a dragon and lived. Somehow he felt himself a bit stronger than before.

Not too long. You just wait. I shall rise to your level and defeat you.

Gandariel
2011-10-13, 02:49 AM
Come here, you're still wounded..
Duncan gathers Tyranid, Bes, and Elkas who are still a bit wounded, if i recall correctly
and he uses his last energies to heal them.
i have three 2nd level spells and a bunch of 1st, they should be enough to heal them all.
Then, he takes a moment to ponder what had just happened: a Dragon, lizards sparkling in electricity, some strange being...

Duncan decides that the energy resistance spell will prove very useful for the group, while wandering in these dangerous lands.
We won, but we got lucky... we'll have to be very careful from now on... we haven't seen the last of that dragon...

At level six he takes Divine Metamagic: Persist, and tomorrow he'll use his 7 turn attempts to persist a Mass Energy Resistance

Terraspaz
2011-10-17, 09:43 AM
The Thunder rolls onward as the Dragon departs, certainly not as cocky and sure as it was a moment ago. The concentrated occurance of lightning now strikes more spread out, as it did when you first entered the Everstorm. Rejuvenated by Duncan's Healing Energies, you continue farther into the Everstorm.

After 2 more days of travelling, the perpetual blackness begins to fade ahead of you. The dark skies begin to lighten, changing from an uninteruppted sheet of blackness to individual clouds, and eventually pockets of light. The vast and bleak desert abruptly changes to tough, firm grass, and eventually fields of lush plant life. The refreshing climate change is a welcome blessing. The 100% humidity subsides, and a refreshing, somewhat dry breeze rushes across your sweat-drenched backs, providing a newfound sense of relief. Pools of clear standing water replace the mud filled rivers raging across the desert.

In the distance, you can see a village ahead, made mostly of wood from the trees around. And above this, you see a flying figure, roughly human in shape, shimmering in a bright array of colors, above a gathering of smaller figures in the middle of the village.

GuyFawkes
2011-10-17, 10:19 AM
Black Star

"A village out here? And what's that...thing...floating up there? Looks humanoid, but I'm not entirely sure. Want to check it out?" he asked his companions.

Gandariel
2011-10-17, 03:16 PM
Duncan is amused by the display: He might give us some ideas on where to find those mines.. and probably he has heard of the orcs too. i'm in for going there and talking to them...

Terraspaz
2011-10-18, 08:56 AM
You walk into the village, and are met with a collection of very unfriendly faces just outside the small wooden fence that encircles the village. Two Dozen figures with grizzled beards stand with spears at the ready. A figure steps forward from behind the line of dwarves, addressing you all. He stands with leather armor, bearing studs in the shape of small metallic hammers. They match the large metal hammer he wields, and seems to hang lightly in his right hand. Visitors! M'name b' Ousten. Y'seem t'ave braved a great 'n' perilous journey t'ave reached this place. What brings ye t'our village? 'N' what b'your intent?

Tjallen
2011-10-18, 04:27 PM
As the humanoid figure begins to descend the shimmering array of colors turn out to be feathered wings, as he gets closer to the ground he is revealed to be a human, dark-skinned with a military style short haircut. The wings folding into his back and disappearing. With the wings gone he is no higher than 3 feet tall. He wears a long brown cloak only revealing his hands and his head. He quietly says in dwarven: "Don't worry i will just screen you real quick, the dwarfs don't trust outsiders one bit. Just stand still and let me cast my spell real quick." He then proceeds to gracefully cast a spell, carefully concentrating for around 20 seconds and then ending his concentration.

Detect evil for 3 rounds to sense the presence or absence of evil, number of evil auras, and the power and location of each aura.
If nothing pings the radar he continues to introduce himself in dwarven:
"Welcome to Choppa travelers, my name is Stormwind Woothal, but you can just call me Woothal." The word Woothal does not seem Dwarven, but is instead from some other language.

Falconknight06
2011-10-18, 06:29 PM
Well I'll be. A Dwarven village out in the middle of all this blasted grass Elkas will say, barely suppressing a grin at the thought of other dwarves. He seems to be taking in the village, not paying much attention to the flying chatterbox and his spells, though more out of bemusement and wonderment, then out of animosity.

So, was it purposeful that the dwarf leader speaks in the same color as the dwarf in the party? :smalltongue:

GuyFawkes
2011-10-18, 10:56 PM
Black Star

"Greetings, Stormwind Woothal. We are travelers who hail from the other side of the great storm. We do not wish conflict. We only want information on these parts to guide is in our travels. By the way, my name is Black Star."

Tjallen
2011-10-19, 06:26 AM
"Speaking of travels, Mr. Star, how did you manage to brave the Everstorm? Except for me Choppa haven't had a visitor for more than 50 years, and i have been waiting for someone to travel with for the last year. If you don't mind i could guide you to the best of my abilities to where-ever you are going." Woothal looks at you waiting for an answer, but before you can answer he says: "As i sidenote i am somewhat trained in the way of the warmage."

Gandariel
2011-10-19, 02:14 PM
The trip hasn't been pleasant or easy, but magic has been on our side, and we managed to get here alive...we were even attacked by monsters, but my friends here gave them a good lesson.
Duncan says, feeling somewhat proud.

We could really use another fellow in our travels...

Duncan looks his companions for approval.

Terraspaz
2011-10-19, 09:38 PM
Ousten watches form a moment, then waves his hand to the other onlookers, who lower their spears, easing the tension. Well then. Looks as though none of ye are afflicted b'the taint of evil. B'lookin' forward t'speakin' more formally with th'lot of ye, after y've gotten th'chance t'recover y'r energies. Is there anythin' we can 'elp provide our travelin' guests? ...And may I say, wha' idea 'opped in your 'ead t'bring y'through such th'blessed Storm of th'Gods?

Falconknight06
2011-10-19, 10:01 PM
Well, I don't know 'bout the rest of tha group, but Sol and I could use a good meal and a nice glass a Ale Elkas will say with a smile. He will then turn to Duncan, nodding at the suggestion of the flying chatterbox joining the group.

GuyFawkes
2011-10-20, 02:23 AM
Black Star

"Yes, we were helped by some of the people in the village we came from, they had something to at least make the trip here easier," he replied to Stormwind. "And we would appreciate your company, good sir."

When Ousten offered their hospitality, Black Star didn't hesitate. "Yes, a good meal could certainly be very much welcome, thank you. Maybe we could discuss the matters of our coming here after that."

Tjallen
2011-10-20, 08:01 PM
"Well i take that as an acceptance of me joining you and i propose we celebrate with the best kind of ale there ever was, Dwarven ale!" Woothal happily says with a big smile on his face.

Terraspaz
2011-10-20, 08:27 PM
Well, we dinnae generally expect visitors, so we're fair short of inns for ye t'stay in. Y'r more than welcome to shack up in m'house, though! Follow me; we'll take care of ye. Ousten dismisses the crowd, who slowly disperses.

He leads you through Choppa, which seemed deceptively small from the outskirts, you now realize. The ground bears a small depression, much like a sinkhole, that puts the ground about 3 feet lower than the surrounding area for the majority of the village. There's little activity going on this morning, with only a few figures milling about. Several dwarves are working on the frame of a house, and wooden mallets clack against dowel pegs, as the frame is slowly constructed.

Ousten leads you inside his house, a magnificent 3-story manor, the tallest building among all the others. He leads you inside to his main hall. A full suit of plate mail adorns the wall, emblazoned with the Hammer of Moradin in the center of the chest, in bright, polished gold. He motions to a wall where several short stools reside, beckoning you to bring them over. He pulls on a rope extending to the ceiling, and a stream of golden-brown foamy liquid streams down a chute emptying into a large urn near the center table. He pours it into several wooden mugs. Alrighty... now there's a proper greetin'! So then, folks... what brings ye so far from y'r 'omes, eh? Bit far of a walk in th'park for just lolligaggin' about, aye? What are y' lookin' for?

Gandariel
2011-10-21, 01:12 PM
Duncan gladly accepts one of the mugs:
Huh, so this is that dwarven ale i've been hearing so much about!
Huh, those people weren't lying, this stuff is great!
On more serious issues, well.. we come from a city at the other side of the Storm, and we were involved in a strange fact. Have you heard of hordes of orcs 'round these parts? the mayor of the town was killed, and a band of orcs attacked the town. We couldn't save the mayor, but we managed to capture one of the orcs, and he said his tribe was promised a treasure hidden in the mines in this side of the Storm... It's been a tough journey, but we all feel obliged to complete this mission, be it for power, be it for money or for the resting spirit of the Mayor

Terraspaz
2011-10-24, 04:47 PM
Ousten listens to your story, then stops mid drink, the foam coalescing around his thick brown beard. ...I dinnae know wha' y'may 'ave 'eard about mines 'round 'ere, lad, but y'kin plainly see there's no such thing. There's no mountain 'round for miles, now is there? He pauses, taking a big, long draught of his mug, upending it vertically until the last of the froth empties down his gullet.

Sorry y've gotten y'r 'opes up about the "mystical desert treasure," or wha'e'er y'may 'ave 'eard it called... but it seems y've come a long way for nothin'.

Black Star, Elkas, Stormwind
Something seems suspicious about what Ousten is saying.

Duncan
Ousten is certainly lying about the Ore.

Gandariel
2011-10-24, 05:03 PM
Huh. i.. guess.. but yeah, the trip was mostly as a test for ourselves, to temper our spirits as we say in my land..
if our presence doesn't bother you i think we shall stay around here for a couple days, before going back.. we're tired from the trip, and we sure need some more of that great ale before being ready to chalenge again that Storm..

Then Duncan adds:
Well, actually we're here for another reason, our Lord has asked us to relay a message to you personally.
It's an important matter, we'll need to discuss it thoroughly. Also, we're a bit tired, and i think my friends and I need a good night's sleep right now. Can we gather here again, tomorrow?
Duncan gives a quick, secure look at his companions, (a "Follow my lead" look)

Yeah, need 8 hours to prepare Zone of Truth again. Screw good cop and bad cop, magic works for everything!
My charachter doesn't like torture or such, and he preferes deities to intervene(through magic) to solve problems.

Terraspaz
2011-10-24, 08:11 PM
Ousten sets down his empty mug, in a calm sort of contentment. Aye, aye... kin imagine y'r weary from all tha' travelin'. Probably best t'let ye rest before we talk shop, eh? Well, m'home is yer 'ome long as yer 'ere. I've got t'be gettin' t'some errands 'round town... visitors call up a stir, y'understand. I'll b'back after a while... but feel free t'explore the town should y'r feet find life again. I promise ye, foreign gold is still good 'ere. Ousten gives a wink, and a chuckle, and heads out of the door.

OOCIn case anyone wanted to do anything prior to the end of the day.

GuyFawkes
2011-10-25, 12:41 AM
Black Star

"Yes, yes. We could certainly use the rest. Perhaps tomorrow again, we can talk." He bowed at the dwarf as he left. He then moved towards Duncan and whispered. "So you got it as well, huh? There was something wrong with what the dwarf said. I get it you'll be using that spell you used on the orc at the prison tomorrow?"

Tjallen
2011-10-25, 03:47 AM
After the dwarf has left Stormwind, obviously excited, says: "So when do we leave? And where are we going?"

Falconknight06
2011-10-26, 12:21 AM
As the dwarf leaves to run his errands, Elkas will hurry after him with a call wait for me! I have a couple things I'd like to pick up before tomorrow. So, how did you lot end up out here in the middle of this blasted grass?

Elkas will follow the dwarf out of the house, hoping to figure out why he is acting so suspiciously, but Elkas is also trying to be sly about it. His actual need to go shopping allows him a way to secretly monitor the dwarf, even if only for a bit.

Ekas' plan is to just keep talking to the Dwarf, maybe buying time for the others to explore the house. He'll eventually split off from the Dwarf after about an hour to just buy some trail rations, enough for ten days for him, and ten days for Sol

Gandariel
2011-10-26, 01:52 AM
Yes, i m pretty sure he's lying, and there's no reason to use violence when this will do (( (shows his hand, with a slight aura of energy around it) ))

And no, Woothal. we're not leaving yet. we have to talk again to that guy tomorrow, and then we'll continue our journey.

hopefully.

Of course, Duncan vtomorrow will prepare a Zone of Truth.
i guess the hard part will be getting to talk with him. i wonder if he'll make us any surprise

GuyFawkes
2011-10-26, 01:34 PM
Black Star

"Hey, I might be like this, but I do see the wisdom of ways beyond sword and fist," he winked at Duncan.

He then turned towards the new addition to their team. He looked at him, sizing him up. He didn't feel anything against him, but he did not find it wise to fully trust him outright as well.

"You shall find out tomorrow. We are not sure as well. It all depends on what happens tomorrow, I guess."

Tjallen
2011-10-26, 08:59 PM
"Well just don't hurt Ousten, he is a good man."
as Woothal finishes his sentence he grabs a mug of Ale and starts drinking in small sips, when the mug is halfway done floating runes start appearing around his head, slowly floating around, glowing dimly.

dc 10 spot to identify the powersigils (2 checks needed for both) and a dc 15 know (arcana) to identify them as Krau (magic) and Uur (grace)

Terraspaz
2011-10-26, 11:48 PM
Elkas

You follow Ousten out of his house, chatting him up about Choppa, and life surrounded by the Everstorm. It takes considerable questions to glean any information out of Ousten; Choppa lives in such perfect isolation, that any deviations from the town that Ousten knows is a totally foreign idea. The notion of ambasadors, kingdoms, even war is a concept that just doesn't communicate. He goes around to several other dwarves, telling that the foreigners are just distant travelers passing through. Several children nervously creep up to you, and poke your leg, laughing and running off with their mischief complete.

After an hour, you meet several farmers, willing to trade for your precious metals, which you quickly discover are a rare commodity out here.

ALL

The day passes with much interest in you from the citizens of Choppa. Usually in small groups, some manage a short conversation, using the most basic of words. The dwarves are not unintelligent, but the culture gap is simply so wide, words and phrases have their subtle meanings change. A passerby has to diffuse an argument started by a misunderstanding about what "Burying the hatchet" meant. But if the environment is a bit strange, the bounty of food more than makes up for it. Steak, potatoes, collards, yams, a bounty of food in all directions. The full bellies make for a drowsy night. A dance picks up in the main stretch through town, as a blonde-haired dwarf, with a beard woven into three braids brings out a collection of wooden and canvas-covered drums, and pounds away a rousing beat throughout the early evening, and well after dusk. The crowd, more accustomed to your presence by the minute, (and perhaps loosened by the prevailing ale, as well) provide quite a show, ending with Choppa Careening, where two contestants are pushed atop a crowd of people toward the stage. The first one to reach the stage (tonight, a short round lady dwarf gets to deliver the final song, the only one of the night bearing vocals. She proudly belts out a series of grunts and growls, controlling her pitch with the skill of a whale attempting to fly. It's grating to the ears,

Elkas
Except for yours

...but is very quickly over. The crowd disperses, retiring for the night.

The next morning comes quickly, with the sunlight streaming in through the large windows in Ousten's house.

OOC
I'll let y'all catch up, filling in things you did in that time. Expect a post getting into the next thick of things Thursday evening.

GuyFawkes
2011-10-27, 01:21 AM
Black Star

Black Star dug in to the food offered by their host. He reveled at the bountiful feast that they had prepared, and was almost lost in his feasting, half forgetting his usual control. But he brushed the thought off. He was really famished by the journey here, and the food was just so good. Won't be wrong to indulge myself once in a while, he reasoned to himself.

After a downing a mug of ale, Black Star stood up and excused himself from the others. He wanted to take a little stroll to digest his food, and to look around the village. He didn't bother putting his hood up, but he moved in his usual silent movement, something he does almost unconsciously. The night was about to settle, and it would take anybody keen senses and a focused observation to notice the lithe and sneaky figure walking among them. The dancing had begun as Black Star reached the main street, and he stayed there for a while. He could see the joy these dwarves had in their little event. The simplicity of it all, yet it was sincere. He envied them a bit. He knew it could never be that way for him again. Not until he found his vengeance.

He left after a few minutes and continued to roam the more empty streets on the other parts of the village, looking around at the houses and some of the occasional villager he crossed path with. By the time the little gathering had died down, he was sitting atop the highest building in the village, looking down at the rest of the village and the surrounding forests and mountains, admiring the beauty of nature bathed in the soft glow of the evening satellite sitting quite comfortable in the heavens. He looked up and gazed at the little specks of light peeking through the vast darkness, competing with the brighter moon for a place in that desolate emptiness. His shining brothers, he thought. He began to remember the reason he was given his name. An oxymoron. He began to wonder if his parents knew how his life would end up then, for he was certainly a living oxymoron.

Before he knew it, the night had gone deeper, and the village was in silence. Black Star stood and made his way down and back to the house. He needed his sleep. If only to stop the thoughts running in his head.

Tjallen
2011-10-27, 10:09 AM
Woothal

Woothal spent the evening saying goodbye to the dwarves that had been his company for the last couple years - thanking them for their hospitality.

Tomorrow is the day where the journey begins anew, i will be reunited with my master. Woothal thought to himself as he prepared his offering; a small humanoid figure carved from wood.

As midnight passes Woothal ventures to his usual place just outside the building, as he places the figurine on the ground he murmurs: "May the gods and the wind accept this humble offering." He gracefully weaves his hand in intricate patterns while speaking the words of power, and a 40ft pillar of flame, visible from afar, appears and burns the figurine to ash.

Heading for bed, he decides after an hour of rest that he simply can't stay in bed for the rest of the night.

Again leaving the house Woothal wanders the town until morning, when the dwarves rise.

Terraspaz
2011-10-27, 09:00 PM
The sun rises on a crystal clear day. Clearly not a society of slouchers, Choppa is already abuzz with activity before the sun fully clears the horizon, folks hammering away at buildings, fashioning wooden tools, departing to tend to fields just beyond town. Among the early-risers, Ousten is no exception. He provides a large wooden bowl filled with a milky-golden chunky sludge. Ma's favorite dish, bless 'er 'eart. Eggs, cheese, a few 'ot peppers, topped with some bacon fat. If y'r ticker can take it, 'll put some 'air on y'r chest, tha' it will! Ousten chuckles, ladling out large bowlfulls once everyone arrives.

"Do eat up, gents. I've some matters of business t'discuss with y', as I imagine ye do with m'. Giv'n th' sort of affects ye carry, I wager it's safe t'say y'r th'sort tha' can 'andle a bit o'peril, is tha' right?

...Well, y'see, there's a village nah so far from 'ere, near th'edge of the Storm. Not so much a village, but its where the farmers stay for th'plantin', and 'arvestin' seasons. In any case, we've been 'earin' 'bout some big hulkin' mound o'trouble comin' through, wreckin' up th'place. He hadna' killed anyone yet, but 'e's taken a few broken bones and destroyed property as 'is... rather, its' prizes."

Elkas and Duncan
You percieve that Ousten driving the conversation toward a particular aim, and at the same time, intentionally away from a particular aim.

Gandariel
2011-10-28, 03:28 AM
Duncan had spent most of the earlier day watching life and the activities at Choppa, with great interest.
He wandered a bit, to check out anything interesting, and sparing a few cure spells if needed.
Then, in his wanderings, he got in front of Ousten's house.
Why does he hide it?

Duncan goes back to his bed, thinking about the proper words to say and what to do if anything else came up, and then he finally rests.
A bed, i almost missed it..

At the beginning of the next day Duncan lights a candle and spends some time, meditating and praying. After that, he joins the others with the Dwarf.

So... you want us to get away from the village?
Well, another thing i need ta ask him. Now, how do i manage to cast the spell without him noticing?

Huh, this stuff is sure good, but i don't think it's doin'me any good... you'll excuse me for a moment
Duncan exits the room holding his stomach.
Then, when he's out of sight, he will look around for a window, or any place where he can see the place and cast his spell from outside.

sorry, shoulda posted earlier

Tjallen
2011-10-31, 10:58 AM
Woothal looks around at the others, obviously excited, not even trying to disguise a smile.

Finally something interesting to do.

GuyFawkes
2011-10-31, 11:11 AM
Black Star

"Hmm. I see. Do tell me more about this troublemaker," was Black Star's attempt to get the dwarf talking. If Duncan's about to do what he think he's about to do, then he's got to keep Ousten talking to not notice Duncan.

Terraspaz
2011-10-31, 05:01 PM
Stormwind, Elkas, Black Star

Ousten waves Duncan away, nodding. Ah, very well, lad. Gotta build up yer tolerance, y'know. Foreign food kin grind on ye. Duncan heads outside. Well, this trouble maker. 'Ere's the rub - fella' isnae so much a fella'. But tha' dinnae mean it be a lass, either. No, no this is as though th'very earth spat out a bein' of just earth. We've tried communicatin' with it, but it speaks naught. Nah, it charges in out of the Storm, as nothin', an'--- Ousten coughs, blinking his eyes. He swallows, stretching out his jaw. After a moment, he continues, though he bears a more concerned look on his face. Beg y'r pardon. I feel odd. I think it was th... He blinks again. Ah, righ' then. As I was sayin', 'e charges out of th' Storm, an' simply wrecks everythin' in sight. Big, 'ulkin' pile of rock, just plows through whae'er it sees. But by th'time we kin organize some sorta force to the thing, blighter runs back into th'storm.

"I do hope that I kin convince you to take this very large danger on yourselves without risk to Choppa." Ousten blinks again, and taking in a deep breath, takes down a large draught of ale.

Duncan

You excuse yourself from the table without objection, and find a secluded place a safe distance away, with a line of sight directly into the house. A consecration descends upon the house, manifesting into the large shimmering circle you're used to seeing. Fortunately, the field is only visible to your eyes, but it radiates clear as day.

Gandariel
2011-11-01, 09:40 AM
Duncan, with a grin on his face, gets back to the group.
He makes a signal to the others, to tell htem that the enchantment has had effect.

Huh, that's very interesting.. and we will for sure try to help you, as soon as we've finished our task. Are you sure you don't know anyrthing about the orcs, the ore, the mountains?

GuyFawkes
2011-11-01, 11:10 AM
Black Star

Black Star notices his companion's signal and waits for the dwarf to answer his question. Depending on the answer, he might have some questions for himself.

Terraspaz
2011-11-01, 11:04 PM
I dinnae know wha' business orcs would 'ave with us out 'ere... y'r the first foreigners we've seen in some time. ...And there are no mountains... t'b'seen from th' 'ighest of the rooftops in all of Choppa... Ousten eyes you up and down, setting his drink slowly down, letting out a slow sigh. "The Shield of Deception, lest I miss my guess, aye? 'S'pose tha' means y'r nah y'r typical money-grubbin' wayfarers..."

...Wha' I'm 'bout t'tell y' I do 'ope y'keep in th'strictest confidence. I'd like t'make some sort of grave threat, but I cannae do such with th'Shield up, knowin' we couldnae uphold it, now kin I? Beneath th'village, lies the remnants of th' Mountain of Glory. Back in th'long days past, our ancestors used th'stones for very powerful magicks, indeed. Could cross worlds, create infernal contraptions, truly powerful, and terrible stuff. The ancestors began to covet this Ore, 'n' began t'war for it. They fought back 'n' forth, each victory only t'spur another bloody battle from another challenger for th'throne of Power.

But then, one of th'Clerics, a Wise One named Florin sought fit to end th'conflict, b'ending the source of it all. 'E levelled th'mountain, shatterin' it from th'orizon. Channelin' such mighty energy erupted out of the Moutain in a tremendous blow, 'n' Florin was ne'er seen again. Th'resultin' explosion of energy created th'very storm that engulfs th'landscape around y'. It truly 'as been one of th'greatest blessin's fate 'as bestowed on us, for such time 'as passed, and so few folks 'ave braved th'storm, tha' the memory of the Mountain we'd thought erased from th'outside world. ...Well, seems we were wrong, there. So yea, lads, th'ore y'speak of lies under our very feet. But it is truly a cursed prize, and it would b'folly t'touch it. For us, 'n' for ye.

Ousten runs a hand through his thick beard, staring blankly across the room. This monstrosity tearin' up th'outskirts, this news y'bring... ...really is shapin' up t'be a 'ard year. Ousten pulls on the cord, filling up another glass of ale.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-01, 11:48 PM
Black Star

What if there's a connection with this, this thing, that's attacking and the ore? I mean if it's as powerful as this dwarf says it is, then it should be no problem to create a being such as that. Or...or it could be those goons' doing. Interrupting the dwarves so they'd get distracted as they do about their business. Either way, something's really up.

Seeing as no one has asked yet, he took the opportunity to ask some questions. "Yes. I won't be even surprised if the two are somewhat connected. Hmm. Besides yourself, who knows about this story? Or does everyone around here know about it?"

Gandariel
2011-11-02, 05:35 AM
Fascinating... And so i learn the story of the Everstorm.. it will sure make for one great tale when i get back home..

Also, do you know of any cave around here? they might get us beneath the village... we need to study that Ore and learn more about it.

Terraspaz
2011-11-02, 05:33 PM
Nah, I'm th'only one tha' knows th' Origin Story. It's passed down from Leader to Leader t'preserve its memory, 'n' keep th' Reverence to Florin's Gift. After all, knowin' all about somethin' sorta makes it less special, dinnae it?

'Fraid I dinnae know of any caves about. Though, I must b' 'onest, we've lost most of our knowledge of stonework over the years. Th'absence of mountains, 'n' th' presence of forests sorta mandated tha', y'see? I think a Wise One once said 'The Sorrowful man clings to the past, the Survivor adapts to the future.' Likely some truth t'tha', I suppose.

Terraspaz
2011-11-03, 04:15 PM
Ousten stretches his neck, taking another draught. Well, feels as though y'r shield is beginnin' t'wane. I s'pose this means y'll b'departin' soon?"

Tjallen
2011-11-03, 05:56 PM
Woothal looks around the table with a baffled look on his face and asks:

"Not to be rude or anything, but what shield is it you keep talking about, i don't see any shields?"

GuyFawkes
2011-11-04, 01:03 AM
Black Star

So he's the only one who knows about it. Wonder how those orcs knew about it. And that shady man. What's his story?

He is disappointed at the news that the dwarf knows of no caves to check out these ores. They would have to figure it out themselves, he thinks to himself. When Ousten speaks of the shields again, he looks up quizzically as Woothal asks the dwarf about it.

Terraspaz
2011-11-04, 04:14 PM
Ousten tilts his head, raising an eyebrow in an inquizitive look.Now... surely y'dinnae think me a daft fool, now do y'? Only a child wouldnae 'ave noticed th'blessin' y'cast on th'area, expungin' lies 'n' deceit. Calm y'r frets 'n' dinnae worry, I'm'nae 'ere goin' t'rake y' o'er th'coals for tha'. It's only natural to be cautious in trustin' a new face, 'specially one from another land. If anythin', it 'elped m' t'show tha' y'kin take some comfort 'ere, 'n' trust m'. As now I kin trust y'. By m' senses, y'exist within this same area, aye? Now then... do y'mean any 'arm t'Choppa? Quickly now, Shield's fadin'.

Gandariel
2011-11-05, 06:39 AM
i don't know if my charachter has to roll a save to lie or something...
Anyway i don't intend to lie, so..

No, we don't.
And yes, we only wanted to be sure of this, we have a mission and we can't waste time trying to figure out wether anything you say is true or not.

And,.. i might have missed something, but... what is this Shield? what do you mean it's fading?

Tjallen
2011-11-06, 08:06 PM
Woothal looks at Ousten with a determined look rare for his otherwise happy and somewhat carefree expression "Choppa has been my home for the past few years and you have been good to me, i will use everything i have in my power to protect Choppa for as long as it is possible, you have my word."

Terraspaz
2011-11-07, 07:18 PM
Ousten offers a smile. "It certainly 'as been a treat t' 'ost ye for th'time y've been with us. I s'pose th'day is comin' where y'may b'leavin' us soon, then. All good things do 'alt, so they say. Just b'sure to let us know when y'r departin', whether it's with our new guests, or on y'r own. Cannae allow a friend a silent departure, now kin we?"

Ousten pulls out a dingy map, showing a circular area with a lot of scribbling in the center, the lines getting less dense as they gain distance from the center. 'Ere's where th'thing usually 'its, this settlement near th'edge, 'ere. By th'looks of y', I dinnae know just wha' sort of 'elp I kin offer tha' y'dinnae already possess, but please let m'know if there's anything I kin do.

OOC
Alright, time for action. Barring some glaring act to the contrary, next encounter will start tomorrow. Note any preparations before then.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-08, 12:08 AM
Black Star

So he knew all along. A faint smile registered on the man's face. No matter. We obtained what we needed to know.

He moved towards the dwarf and the map, noting the location of the settlement, before turning to his companions. "Well, I am ready to leave anytime. How about you?"

Tjallen
2011-11-08, 07:25 AM
"Well i will be leaving with our new friends, it's been some great years, but wandering is part of who i am. It's been great Ousten."
Woothal thinks for a second and continues
"If i could get some rations that would be nice."

Terraspaz
2011-11-08, 11:57 PM
You spend the next hours going your separate ways, getting what resources you need to top off your supplies. Traditional rations are a little tougher to come by, as the denizens of Choppa aren't really used to long-range travelling, but the food is still a welcome addition to some stale, bland stores. You go over the crude map with Ousten one last time, and head out to the settlement.

It's not a terribly far journey, only a couple hours walk away. The sprawling center of Choppa slowly disperses to farmlands, pastures, and small free-roaming ranches. Cattle and sheep keep a safe distance from you, eyeing you and retreating as you walk nearer. The clear blue sky grows dimmer and grayer with each step, as the edge of the Everstorm comes closer into view.

A large 3 story building looms near the edge of the Storm. The huge wheel on the outside is turned by a large river of water flowing in from the storm, suggesting some sort of granary inside. A silo, and a couple other buildings populate the area, but most of the land is occupied by farmland.

The whole scene appears as a well-functioning, if somewhat ominous farm community, with the slight exception in the absence of farmers. No farmers have been seen in the area in the last while, and if not for the good condition of the structures, you might think this a ghost sound.

Just as you consider where to start your search, a loud, booming crash comes from the side, as a small hut collapses into a pile of boards and straw. A flash of lightning outlines a huge, hulking figure that stands around twenty feet tall. Arms the size of tree trunks, legs twice as large as that, no face, and no real seeming direction, the figure kicks a portion of a wall left standing after the collapse. Boards soar through the air, landing in splintered fragments at least 50 feet away.

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-20.jpg

Legend:
Red: Monster
Black: Black Star
Blue: Duncan
Orange: Stormwind
Light Green: Elkas
Dark Green: Sol

Light Gray - Edge of the Storm
Dark Gray - Fully in the Storm

OOC:
Unless y'all decide otherwise, let's say Duncan's carrying the Lightning Rod, now. Also, as a reminder, we'll act in turns, in whatever order you post. So, you 4 will take actions, then all the NPC's will act, then back to you. Good luck! :smallamused:

Tjallen
2011-11-09, 02:48 AM
Stormwind shouts at the thing: "HEY YOU! STOP DESTROYING THIS PLACE!"
Stormwind then calls up his magic and hurls a small ball of fire at the thing that, on contact, expands into a huge explosion.

Gandariel
2011-11-09, 02:56 AM
If anyone else wishes to keep the Dagger, feel free to use it. I'll mostly try to buff the others and Bestow Curse/Blind the other guy

ALSO, i've got a Persistent mass lesser vigor on, so everybody gets fast heal 1

Ouch.
Y'know, i almost thought that Ousten wanted to send us away, or that the villagers are easy to scare and were exaggerating things.. That's considerably more than what i was hoping for...
He's not near, luckily, so we'll have some time to prepare...
Elkas, Sol, here's for you.
Try not to get killed
Duncan moves to Elkas and casts a spell on them, renvigorating them.
Black star, don't worry, you're next! get here

I cast Aid on them, for a +1 morale bonus to attacks and fear effects, plus [roll0] temp hp on both

Also, i usually feel more useful to buff Elkas, 'cause i get the dog buffed too..

Guyfawkes, what spell do you want me to cast on you?
i can give you Bear's Endurance, shield of faith, divine favor

GuyFawkes
2011-11-09, 05:05 AM
Black Star

The young fighter let out a whistle at the sight of the hulking figure who just decimated a small hut. "Yeah, he was not exaggerating, all right. Be careful everyone. Can't get caught standing on one spot for to long, this one."

He moved towards Duncan and waited. "Something to toughen me up a bit would be nice," he said on the matter of spells to aid him.

Bear's Endurance, please!

Terraspaz
2011-11-10, 12:21 AM
Round 1

The lumbering creature barrells towards you, picking up a chunk of the demolished house on its way. It hurls the mound of wood at Black Star, but does not disguise its actions well, and the missile is easily dodged. The fireball erupts around the creature, bursting in a wave of heat that does not slow the creature down. As the creature passes through the heat, however, you do notice that the outer layer of this being sparkles and shimmers, as several crystalline pieces protrude from the creature's exterior.

Duncan Your protective energies invigorate and embolden your allies, as they get ready for their upcoming assault.

Elkas and Sol You shuffle to the side, beginning to put some distance in between you and your allies, lobbing a bullet straight to the top of the creature. It bounces off a crystalline structure, causing the creature to flinch, but does not seem to do significant damage.

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-21.jpg

OOCCreature saves, takes 15 fire damage.
Creature hit for 7 damage from the sling.
Aid cast on Elkas, and Sol.

Tjallen
2011-11-10, 01:52 AM
"oooh doesn't look like it like fire, too bad that i DO!
Woothal conjures up two rays of fire and sends them straight at the Hulking Giant and then moves away from the creature

Casting scorching ray
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3] if both hit only one of them gets the +2 damage.
runs to U59
And if that knowledge (the planes) is worth anything [roll4]

Gandariel
2011-11-10, 04:39 AM
He's faster than i thought, too...

Here, you'll most certainly need it!

Duncan moves towards Black star, casts his spell, and hopes to live the next few seconds

Move to S 63, Cast Bear's Endurance on Black Star, hope not to die :P

GuyFawkes
2011-11-10, 01:59 PM
Black Star

"Thanks. Now go and try to stay away from its path. Try to put some debilitating spells on it," Black Star spoke and stood his ground, waiting for the others to distance themselves before moving.

Unarmed Strike when the creature comes within his threatened area.
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Falconknight06
2011-11-11, 05:34 PM
Aye, ya ugly beasty! I'm the one you want to be fightin'! Elkas will yell as he charges the creature, battleaxe in one hand, shield in the other.

Trying to pull aggro as the kids. In this context though, charge is just a euphemism as Elkas does not have enough movement to actually get to the creature, so he is moving to intercept.

Elkas and Sol move to S67 (Elkas) and S66 (Sol)

Terraspaz
2011-11-11, 10:36 PM
Round 2

Duncan and Black Star
Duncan's spell bathes Black Star in divine energies, protecting the fragile spark of life inside from the looming, imminent peril rushing towards you. Black Star places his feet in a strong, balanced stance with the earth, senses keen on the creation's movements, waiting for the vital opening to reveal itself. The ground shakes as the towering creature races in, when two bright jets of light streak into it from behind you.

Stormwind
You begin a backwards retreat, firing two sizzling rays that jet towards the hulking monstrosity. Several of the crystals protruding from its body glow bright, then fade to dull, opaque shimmers. There are many crystals still shining brightly, though. As the wheels in your head start turning, the creature's attention is now focused brightly on you. The creature changes direction, when suddenly, Elkas and Sol charge forward, planting themselves in front of the creation.

Elkas
The creature pauses a moment, looking at you, and two crystals where its eyes would be flash a brilliant blue. It lunges forward in a frenzied surge of violence, bringing a mighty strike through the earth inches in front of you, digging a trench through the ground with a sweeping stroke. As two more crystals wink out of dazzling brightness, the unshakable feeling of familiarity haunts the back of your neck.

SUMMARY
Elkas: Moved, and very fortunate.
Sol: Moved
Black Star: Bear's Endurance cast on you
Duncan: Cast Bear's Endurance
Stormwind: Hit Monster for 25 Fire Damage, (And knowledge Planes isn't helpful here.)

I will take anyone wanting to go for Knowledge (Engineering, or Arcana)

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-22.jpg
Legend:
Red: Monster
Black: Black Star
Blue: Duncan
Orange: Stormwind
Light Green: Elkas
Dark Green: Sol

Light Gray - Edge of the Storm
Dark Gray - Fully in the Storm

Tjallen
2011-11-12, 01:43 AM
Stormwind moves into range and summons up a fiery violet barrier to protect himself and all of his allies.

Move to R61, cast Fire Shield Mass to affect everyone for 7 rounds - on being attacked 1d6+7 fire damage.
Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]

Gandariel
2011-11-12, 12:12 PM
Och, that was close!

Hey, big hulking monster!
My name is Nobody!
Bring my regards to Polyphemus!

Duncan gathers his courage and aims his spell to the monster
Duncan casts Blindness to the monster.
DC 18 Fort save or be blinded!

Falconknight06
2011-11-12, 09:20 PM
Elkas, breathing a quick sigh of relief that he isn't a smear on the ground, tries to take advantage of the situation.

I don know what ye are, yah overgrown piece of jewelry, but I'm about ta make ya sorry for trying to attack my friends.

Elkas lunges at the creature, his shield ready for the counterattack, with a swing of his axe.

Sol will move back, ready to attack when Elkas tells him to

Attacking a creature
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Elkas moves to P69 Yay for AoO's against me
Sol moves to P 64

Terraspaz
2011-11-12, 10:03 PM
Stormwind
Your incantation surrounds and protects your allies in a warm, orange glow. Your vision clouds everything with a slightly reddish tint, but it's easy enough to see through.

(Knowledge Arcana)
The construct operates from arcane flows of energy focused on rare (and valuable) crystals throughout its body. A construct of this size draws a lot of power, so the constructing caster has to be nearby, or it must be able to re-energize its power source on its own.

Duncan Idaho
A thin, wispy stream of dark grey particles streams towards the flaring blue crystals at the top of the monster's head. As they collide, the crystals grow dark, flickering in a black sheen, before flaring bright blue once again.

Elkas
You charge ahead, wielding your axe high above your head as you race towards the monster. You rear back, getting your blade into position, when suddenly the world flashes orange as your newly conjured aura flashes in a burst of fire, as a tremendous force crashes into your side. The monster's arm careens into you, grabbing a tight hold of you, lifting you into the air. 15 feet in the air, you look down on your allies, and can't quite make out their expressions with the orange tint. ...You suspect the expressions probably aren't calm.

SUMMARY
Stormwind: Fire Shield Online!
Duncan: Successful save against your spell
Elkas: Hit monster for 9 fire damage.
You suffer 11 damage, and are grappled.

Black Star - Still to act.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-13, 07:21 AM
Black Star

Black Star moved in, disappearing from sight at his first step, and reappears seconds later at the back of their gigantic quarry, delivering a straight punch to the back of its leg.

Charge to Q73
Activate Ghost Step (6/7 ki points left)
AC: 18

Gandariel
2011-11-14, 05:03 AM
i guess it's our turn now...

Don't worry, i'll help you!!

Duncan runs towards the monster and casts a spell on him.

I cast Bestow Curse on him.
Touch attack roll [roll0]

Then, if hit, DC 18 Will save or
Each turn, the target has a 50% chance to act normally; otherwise, it takes no action.

Tjallen
2011-11-14, 11:49 AM
"I think someone is controlling it from nearby - i will try to locate them from above - i can't hurt it much as long as it got our friend like that anyways."
Woothal then sprouts colorful wings from his back and flies into the air looking for someone hiding.

Spout wing and move into the air.
Spot check to see if someone is nearby or if i can see it drawing power from somewhere. [roll0]

Terraspaz
2011-11-15, 12:38 AM
Black Star

You swiftly charge in, unseen by the lumbering giant before you, dashing in an out of visibility, until you crash into the creature with a powerful blow, but it seems you've underestimated the durability of the stones making up the monster's outer shell. Your fist lights up with pain, as you shake off the sharp, startling sensation. The monster, unphased, shuffles forward, hurlling the dwarven ranger through the air, not emitting a sound as it winds up, hurling Elkas straight at Duncan. The two collide with a powerful thud.

Duncan

Collecting yourself, dusting the collision off your armor, and your pride, you calmly hustle forward, bringing the curses of the gods down upon the creature. as you reach out, a sweeping mound of earth slams into you, scooping you up into the air. You let the curses flow through you, channelling the tainted magicks into the abomination clutching you. The crystals protruding from its body begin flashing back and forth between brilliant light and absorbing darkness, before settling on a steady sheen of bright, pure light.

Stormwind

You soar up into the air, getting a survey of the area. The electricity in the air raises the hair on the back of your neck, but that could well be the severity of the situation, and less a physical reaction. In any event, you don't feel at risk of a lightning strike. You see the creature pick up Duncan, after hurling Elkas at him, as Black Star pounds against the creature's back leg for small effect. You look around for something to tip the scales to your favor... ...and see a dwarf, cloaked in a black robe, peering out just above the waterwheel in the second floor of the large building across the river. He makes eye contact with you, and a look of horror crosses his face. A crash of thunder masks the words he utters, but you're fairly certain "Oh Shins" wasn't applicable at the time.

SUMMARY
Turns were getting a little out of whack, so to recap, we're in Round 3 now, with Elkas and Black Star still to act.

Elkas: Reflex save failed, suffer 13 damage
Duncan: Struck for 13 damage from the throw, then 11 damage from the AoO, and are grappled.
Black Star: Attack Missed
Stormwind: If flying is a free action, you still have a standard action floating around. Otherwise, you've made quite a discovery!

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-23.jpg

Falconknight06
2011-11-15, 01:50 AM
Elkas stands, hefting his shield and his axe, a mischievous glint in his eye Aye, now we've got a fight.

Elkas yells out a Dwarven battlecry and charges the creature, axe in hand.

Ooh, I think I know who the dwarf is!

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

GuyFawkes
2011-11-15, 03:07 AM
Black Star

Black Star recoiled from the pain he felt from his punch, but it did not deter him from going in for another attack. This time, he thought of something different.

He ran straight for the giant and leapt onto it.

Running jump to reach the giant's back, or shoulder wherever he can hold on to.
Jump: [roll0]

And just hang on, or if it is possible stand on it.
Climb: [roll1]
Balance: [roll2]

And if I still have enough action, attack.
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]
If hit, staggered for 1 round, Fort Save against DC equal to damage dealt

Tjallen
2011-11-15, 04:54 AM
"Hey guys there is something over there!"
Stormwind then fires a fireball at the unlucky dwarf
ref dc 20 for half and not catch fire
[roll0]

Gandariel
2011-11-15, 05:41 PM
he.. threw Elkas at me?

Duncan is frustrated since his spell failed again at least my fellows are alive...but i won't, if i don't get outta here

Duncan, quite hurt, focuses for a moment and uses one of the abilities deities bestowed on him to evade the monster.

As he notices Woothal has discovered a lateral solution to the problem, he ponders wether he can go after him or not.
darn, you look quite hurt.. come here, i'll heal you... Woothal! I gotta stay here and help them, can you do that on your own? he's too far away for me to do anything, anyway!
Travel domain power> freedom of movement

Move action to go away from him.
Ready an action to cast a healing spell as soon as Elkas of Black star comes by

Terraspaz
2011-11-16, 12:25 AM
Duncan

You slip out of the monster's grasp, sliding to the ground as he begins to raise his hand into the air. You dash away, and focus your divine energies toward the restoration of your allies, awaiting the first to come near.

Black Star

You continue searching for a way to get your blows in to harm the creature, and start ascending the beast, hand over hand. The writhing creature pays you little attention, but the writhing and movements make maintaining your grip a challenge.

Stormwind

Your fireball catches the surprised dwarf off guard, engulfing him in flames. A loud, horrific shriek pierces the air, as the enflamed figure retreats inside the house, out of view. Amidst curses and profane gutteral words, you detect the incantations of an Invisibility spell. Ah, Looky Loo, Little Elkas sendin' someone else t'face 'is brother. Still cannae handle th'world on y'r own, is tha' right?

ElkasAs your axe clangs against the hard outer shell of the monster, it raises his hand to assault you once more, but as it brings it crashing down, a horrific shriek pierces the air from the Waterwheel House. As that happens, the monster stumbles a moment, seemingly disoriented, and its arm crashes into the ground next to you by two or three feet. You hear the familiar and detestable voice of Jard Sapphiredge bellowing from that same direction, hurling curses and profanities that come close to fouling the very earth around him. If his association with arcane rock creations is new, his sharp tongue has remained a constant, at least.

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-24.jpg

SUMMARY
Jard: Hit for 27 fire damage, on fire. Now hidden from view
Stormwind: Cast Fireball
Black Star: Climbing the monster
Duncan: Readying a healing spell for the next person to swing by.
Everyone else swung and missed

And now, I guess we're back to regular initiative. Everyone's up!

Falconknight06
2011-11-16, 02:06 AM
Oh, is that my dear brother I hear Elkas will bellow with a grin. He'll turn to Sol with a grin saying Sol, hows about we go say hello to Jard, Eh?. The two race off towards the building he is hiding in

Elkas will move 80 ft closer to his brother, and Sol will move 90 ft closer
Elkas Q52
Sol P50

Elkas did a run action, Sol doubled moved

Tjallen
2011-11-16, 04:57 AM
"Careful he is invisible - he would still light up as a torch unless he takes the time to put out the flames. GOD DAMN IT! I am out of fireballs... big ones at least. I won't be much good against that guy."

Woothal takes the time to conjure up a small orb of fire that he hurls at the large monster then flies closer to the small hut, keeping 20ft above ground.

Cast orb of fire, lesser
[roll0] [roll1]
and then move to S54

Gandariel
2011-11-16, 05:15 AM
No heal, then?
Ok then, Black star, use your.. ninja thing to get out of that monster, we're going after the dwarf!

Duncan focuses for a moment, and then begins flying swiftly. He goes after the dwarf, his mace in his hand

Standard action to cast Fly on himself.
Fly towards the dwarf.

Also, everyone gets 1 hp/turn, remember (Persisted Lesser Vigor)

GuyFawkes
2011-11-16, 11:29 AM
Black Star

The stealthy warrior was aware of the commotion going on with the others, even though he had to concentrate to keep himself from falling. He noticed they all decided to go for the waterwheel, after what appeared to be Elkas' brother.

What in the heavens is his brother doing here? And he's the one controlling this thing?

When Duncan shouted for him to move with them, he shouted back. "I'll stay and play with this one! Wouldn't want this from crashing in on our little reunion there now, would we?"

Climb: [roll]1d20+7[roll]

Unarmed Attack: [roll0]

Terraspaz
2011-11-16, 11:56 PM
Duncan, Stormwind, Elkas

You all race towards the house with the waterwheel(then entrance for which is on the South side as a harried voice cries out towards you. So, you find yourselves in league with Little Elkas, do you. A great amount of fame and protection I warrant, aye? If y'want real power, true might... y'just 'ave t'elp put m'brother in... well, let's just call it "Time Out," aye? Dinnae think lightly on this, we all 'ave much t'gain 'ere.

Black Star

You spin and writhe through the air as the monster twists and turns to shake you off. Your grip holds, though you ineffectively pound again against its hard crystalline outer layer. However, the fire blast from Stormwind crashes into the creature's front side, and several more crystals grow dim. Nearly 2/3 of the crystals are dim, at this point. As you try to process this information, the monster claws at his back, manage to connect one of its arms with you. Your position prevents its large stiff arms from grabbing a hold on you, but the blow still hurts.

Summary

Monster - hit for 23 fire damage
Black Star - hit for 10 damage

Map
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-25.jpg

Note, Jard may not be where his icon is.

GuyFawkes
2011-11-17, 01:09 AM
Black Star

Some of the crystals are dimming again. Maybe it indicates the amount of damage it's taking?

Suddenly, a giant hand slammed onto the stealthy man as he was thinking about the implications of the crystals. "Oww. That hurt, you piece of dirt!" He shouted at it as he tried to clamber up and position himself towards the back and farthest from the monster's hands. Frustrated at the uselessness of his attacks, he pounds on the thick crystals once more. He's bound to have an effect on it. Somehow.

Climb: [roll0]

If I don't fall, Ghost Step attack (5/7 ki points left)
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

If I do fall, Ghost step then stay in place.

Tjallen
2011-11-17, 03:31 AM
Stormwind speaks out in a loud playful voice: "Come out, come out where ever you are!" And flies over towards the waterwheel while starting to concentrate on detecting any evilness around the dwarfs hiding place.

Fly to S42 and cast detect evil to spot him if he comes in range. its a 60ft cone so it should cover the whole area.
And don't forget about the fireshield now?
Itøs 1d6+9 for each attack - and it have been pounding away on mah buddies.

Gandariel
2011-11-17, 07:12 AM
.. Just be safe, and call for help if you need it.. I can't do anything from distance right now, so don't "toy" with him too much..

Duncan flies towards the bridge as fast as he can
Ok, so he's inside that building.. i just hope he won't "surprise" us with another one of those monsters..

Of course i'm not gonna betray Elkas!
He's been a fellow o'mine and i surely trust him more than someone who sends monsters to kill us!

My fly speed is 40 ft, so with a double move i should be able to reach O 42

Terraspaz
2011-11-21, 11:44 PM
Duncan, Elkas, Stormwind

You run/soar over to the waterwheel, searching and scanning for Elkas' brother Jard. Behind you, the earth shakes and rumbles as the monstrosity comes charging up behind you, though notably different. The crystals about its body are quite dim, and in fact, seem to flicker a little darker with each step. While still a tall, menacing brute of creation, the golem seems more like an old man, rather than a young pulse of arcane fury. In another time, one might call the observation sad.

You detect 1 evil aura around you.

Black Star

The monster's thick skin poses a difficult challenge for you, as you pound again on the creature's outer shell to no avail. The monster confirms your frustration by racing toward your allies near the waterwheel. The lights about his body seem to pass between bright and dark with each step, flickering as the ground shakes.

ALL

Floating atop the waterwheel, a smoky hazy begins to appear a few feet above the spinning wheel. Before the figure fully manifests, a bright bolt of crackling blue lightning races out above your heads, directly striking the creature squarely in the chest. The energy surrounds the monster in a sparkling blue glow, sparking with tremendous energy. The monster's eyes glow a dim, then bright blue, and rises up, standing slightly more erect than it did a moment ago. While some of the crystals still remain dark, a good many of them begin to rekindle with life. You turn back as the smoky visage finishes forming into a dwarf with a bright red beard, and full crop of hair tied in a triple braid, clad in a black tunic, and wielding a thin oak staff.

Ye think me th'villain here?! You come out 'ere, hunting me, not even knowin' who the true evil-doers are?! You dinnae look like stupid men... ...ye stand on the precipice of power incarnate! Look around ye! The Storm is a gift, a powerful gift, and a powerful weapon for those who would muster the courage to wield it. I can show ye the way... but ye 'ave to trust me. He looks at Elkas. Elkas... this is y'r chance to 'ave a real impact! How much 'elp can you give folks just running around, you and your pet there, hmm? A dozen, two? This would help you change... ....would help you save nations!! Just b'willing to embrace it!!!

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-26.jpg

Summary
Lots of movement, no real actions for the PC's.

Everybody's up!

Gandariel
2011-11-22, 03:44 AM
Yeah, yeah, sure... let's talk about it..

Duncan swiftly moves towards the dwarf and casts a retraining spell on him

Standard action to cast Hold person, wiht 5-foot step to reach him.

Tjallen
2011-11-22, 04:48 AM
"If you want to talk stop that monster."

Use moveaction to concentrate on detect evil, if the dwarf lights, ready action to active fiery burst to hit him without tagging Duncan. If he does anything but talk or try to stop the golem, he gets blasted [roll0] reflex save for half. (dunno the save but i THINK it is base level of the firespell its based on +modifier. So dc 20, if 10 + mod then 16.
And Hold person has a range of 100+10ft/level. ^^

GuyFawkes
2011-11-22, 08:42 AM
Black Star

Black Star tried to hang on as the bolt hit the creature, and he noticed the few crystals lit up started to light up again. With the creature making its way to his companion, Black Star tries to strike at the creature again, hoping his repeated strikes would find its way through the thick outer layer.

"Watch out! The monster is coming for you!"

Another Ghost Step (ki points left 4/7)

Falconknight06
2011-11-22, 11:14 PM
Elkas

Ugh, Jard you stupid git! You were always after some amorphous dragon**** called "power." You have no idea what you are doing with this storm. You should go home before we all need to rescue you from a dragon again. Elkas spits at the end of his talking, blood clearly visible in his mouth from the creature's blows.

Terraspaz
2011-11-23, 12:29 AM
Duncan

Your divine energies coalesce around the red-haired dwarf, binding him in a soft green glow. You focus your energies on forming the glow into a firm, circular band constricting the foe, and from a thin wispy smoke, it hardens into a solid, rubber-like substance. Jard glares at you, setting his jaw, visibly shaking, and the band begins to twist and warp, bending left and right until suddenly it shatters, falling to pieces, and dissipating back into thin, formless wisps. So tha's th'way we'll do this, then? Aight, I'll 'ave ye. Soon as th'sun, I'll 'ave y'r 'eads! Bessie! Wipe th'earth with their 'ides!!! Jard rushes forward, when...

Stormwind

Your blast of fire explodes toward Jard, who only just barely whirls out of the way, dodging the Lion's share of the energy. Rage and hate glare in his eyes as he whirls his quarterstaff, and dashes towards you, still smoldering from the blast of fire. ...But you... You I'll deal with personally!!! He screams as he charges towards you, whirling his Oaken Staff into your side. As it collides, you feel your muscles stiffen, as you begin to lose muscle control. Your focus on flight falters, and you fall with a disgraceful splash into the water below. On your way down, however, a flash of fire bursts from around you, catching the enraged dwarf in another blast. He begins to look very worn by this point, though the insanity behind his lightning-yellow eyes does a fair job of masking it. He then turns to...

Elkas and Sol

...Dragons... What in th'land of 'ells do y' e'en think y'know 'bout Dragons. They're more than a tale, a goal, brotha. They are power! Power y' kin use! Power y'kin 'arness! Y'still think too narrowly! Y'think dwarves, men... y'think 'alflings made THAT possible?! He gestures towards the hulking monster, who...

Black Star

You and the monster trade blows once more, and he manages to catch you on his back with a wayward strike. He rakes across your back, scratching you deeply with the edge of some of the protruding crystals on its arm, and knocking you to the ground, freeing up the monster's full range of motion to grab you again. Though seemingly recharged a bit, the monster's crystals are again fading dim after that blow.

Summary

Jard: Hit with the fire blast, and then the reactionary fire blast.
Black Star: Hit for 9 damage, and knocked off.
Monster: Hit by Black Star
Stormwind: Hit for 6 Damage, and needs a DC 17 Will save to stop being paralyzed. (What's your current HP at?)
Duncan: Spell Resisted
Elkas: Diplomacy Failed

MAP
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/terraspaz/Battle-27.jpg

GuyFawkes
2011-11-23, 01:05 AM
Black Star

His back hurt, but he was still able to land safely as his grip gave way from the monster's attack. "Ha ha ha! Really, your name's Bessie?! Well, Bessie. I got your attention now, don't I? Come, there's a lot more where that came from!" he shouted before disappearing again, and this time reappearing underneath the monster with a spinning kick to the leg.

Ghost Step (ki points 3/7 left)

Gandariel
2011-11-23, 03:17 AM
Will ya STOP TALKING and drop already?

Since his spells are failing him, Duncan embraces his fiery morningstar and charges the flying dwarf

Charge!
[roll0]
(possible crit confirm [roll1] )
for [roll2] damage

Tjallen
2011-11-24, 06:57 AM
Stormwind tries to free himself of the paralysis
as soon as he shrugged off the paralysis he starts regaining control and fires off two rays of fire at the mad dwarf.

will [roll0]
if successful regain flight 15 feet below the crazy dwarf and cast scorching ray
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
oh and with 6 damage im down to 23 hp.

Terraspaz
2011-11-27, 10:35 PM
Black Star

You rush in with a spinning kick to the monster's leg, but the sheer size and girth of the leg proves to be too much for you. Nonetheless, the monster begins running at a quick clip from you toward your allies, entrenched in battle with the flying dwarf.

Duncan Idaho

You rush forward, taking the dwarf by surprise, leaving him only instants to dodge out of the brunt of the blow, taking only minor damage as it grazes by. Look priest, you better begin praying to whatever afterlife you're aiming to head towards, because your mistake is grave. I clearly outmatch you, and your allies are falling one by one...

Stormwind

The cold water of the river rushes over you, obscuring your vision, and bearing down on you with its chilly current. You close your eyes to shield them from the water, and to colelct your focus. In the depths of your mind, you see a small room lit by only a single candle, hanging from a lamp overhead. Below, you see yourself, bound to a chair, bruised and broken, and clearly on the losing end of a struggle. From the corners of the room, water begins trickling in, flowing until the water fills the room up to your ankles. You realise what's going on, and urge yourself to wake up - to wake up and fight!

You see your avatar awaken in the chair, and take stock of the situation around him. He struggles, tilting the chair left and right, resisting his binds. The water continues rushing in, until it is now up to his chest. In a frantic attempt to break the bonds, you see yourself tilt the chair back and forth, rocking farther and farther with each swing, until he tilts completely to one side, crashing against the floor of the room, shattering the arm of the chair, and breaking the bonds there. You see yourself quickly free the other bindings, as the water now totally engulfs you. You look up at the still lit candle, leap up, and slam a water-soaked hand, extinguishing the flame. The room goes dark, and...

You lurch out of the water, free of your paralysis, hurling two beaming arcs of fire at the dwarf. He shrieks, flailing through the air, trying to avoid the deadly heat now boring through him. You detect the several magical auras surrounding him disappear, one by one, until he begins falling toward the ground, landing at Elkas' and Sol's feet, as the Oaken Staff falls out of his hands.

TKO!!!

Elkas

Jard lands at your feet in a smoldering heat, and though much of his body is still obscured by the black robes, you can see the traces of mortal wounds seeping through, staining the ground. The monster, charging towards you, skids to a stop just feet from you, crystals still glowing with a faint light. The monster stands blandly, now different than a mound of earth arranged by industrious children. Jard coughs up a pool of blood, looking at you through yellowed, bloodshot eyes. Elkas... B'damned if y'wouldnae show up just 'as things were comin' in motion. ...Heh.... ....hahahaa... The dying dwarf laughs, amidst coughing and retching. This is perfect... y'dinnae e'en know wha' lies a'ead of y', now do y'?! Just like y', chargin' int' somethin' withou' askin' th'proper questions, gettin' the righ' knowledge a'ead of time.

Y'may 'ave taken m'life, y' 'n' y'r friends, but y'll 'ave given m' a gift I'll treasure all th'way t'th'afterlife, Elkas. Y'r face... th'look on y'r face when I tell y' why I was 'ere. ...Oh, I kin see it startin' now, th'beginnin's of doubt, th'twinge of fear... oh, y'ide it well, Elkas, but y'cannae 'ide it from me, y'r brother! No, Bessie 'ere was a gift, too. A gift from th'Dragonkind in th'earts of th'Everstrom! And they know of th'Ore, Elkas. Tha's what I've tried t'tell y'... a little bit of information will gain y'great power... a few words t'the right ears, and all of Choppa fears m'! And if y'ide y'r fear now, brother, I challenge y' t'do th'same, 3 days from now... ...when th'skies will rain blood, 'n' y'll b'nothin' more than a stain on th'earth. Heaaaa ... Hahaaaaaa.... HAAHAAAAHAAHAHAAAAAA!!!

The laughter melds into a powerful coughing, expelling a ferocious torrent smoky blood, as the life force of Jard Sapphiredge departs this plane. The idle monster nearby looks oddly like a headstone, with crystals adding contrast to the gray, stormy backdrop.

Tjallen
2011-11-28, 08:00 AM
Climbing out of the river, soaking wet, Stormwind mumbles to himself: "Stupid dwarf had to drop me in the river..."
noticing that ''Bessie'' no longer tries to murder everybody his interest is sparked.

I wonder if i can get that thing working for us Stormwind thinks to himself, walking over to Bessie to inspect 'her' he starts trying to find a way to control her.

"Hey guys, you think maybe the staff controls this beastie? If it does i bet it will be useful later, and who was that crazy dwarf?"

Gandariel
2011-11-28, 04:29 PM
Hum.. that kind of things is definitely out of the boundaries of my knowledge..The best i can do is maybe heal you if "Bessie" wakes up and hits you..

GuyFawkes
2011-11-28, 08:45 PM
Black Star

With the monster brushing off his attack yet again and going towards his companions, Black Star immediately went after it to get in another attack and try to stop it. He was almost in reach when the huge moving mass suddenly crumpled down on the ground, and he noticed that the others had taken care of its apparent controller.

He stood there as Elkas' brother told them everything he knew of what was going on. Or if it was everything. And when he finished, he spoke.

"Now aren't we lucky? Dragons are behind this eh?" he spoke while going towards Bessie and gave it a kick for his earlier frustrations.

Terraspaz
2011-11-29, 12:24 AM
Stormwind closely examines the stationary hulk of mass, as the crystals very slowly fade dimmer and dimmer. A fair amount of light still gleams from them, and the decline is very slow, but it is perceptible.

Stormwind
You recall in some of the great battles of the land, powerful sorcerers used to create golems to deliver heavy force in battle. As a sorcerer's magics were wild and unfocused, particularly in the heat of a fight, they learned to channel those energies through some sort of focus attuned to a particular animation, in order to give clear instructions while directing their magics elsewhere. The staff is very likely such a focus.

Tjallen
2011-11-29, 03:05 AM
"Oh that's brilliant! Simply brilliant. I am brilliant! The staff most likely indeed does control the monstrosity. So if you hand me that staff i can most likely control it. But i think we have to hurry up a bit."

Stormwind picks up the staff and examines it, focusing on making the beastie move a bit to the left.

As he does this he mumbles a bit to himself:
"oh i do hope this works."

Falconknight06
2011-11-29, 09:39 PM
As Jard's final breath leaves his body, a single tear can be seen falling slowly down Elkas cheek. He solemnly hands the staff to the Halfling, then moves his brother's body to a quiet spot next to the stream, and constructs a cairn, burying the body in the way of his people, removing all acoutremants except for the robes. He then offers a small prayer to Kord, lord of the dragonslayers.

Elkas will sit silently by the Cairn while the others tinker with the golem.

Terraspaz
2011-11-30, 05:56 PM
Elkas

You gingerly remove your brother's affects, taking his charred but still intact cloak, as well as a small pouch of precious stones. Most are small, barely perceptible over sand, but one very large Sapphire stands out amongst the bunch.

You toil over your brother's burial mound, the stream gurgling by offering a calming sense of tranquility. Even the booming thunder of the Everstorm seems more quiet than usual for the time being.

Dark cloak = Cloak of Resistance + 3 (All saves are increased by 3 when worn)
Smaller Stones = 1,000 GP
Large Sapphire = 7,500 GP

Stormwind

You focus your energy on Bessie, and guide it left. After a moment of focus, and a straining of the mind, the lumbering hulk awkwardly stumbles to the left. As it does, you feel very tired, seeming to match the exhaustion of the creature. The crystals flicker just slightly dimmer, and while the act did not add any more burden to the already taxed creature, the reserves cannot be high.

Oaken Staff: +1 Paralyzing Quarterstaff
Also allows wielder mental control of Bessie, at Long Range

Black Star

As Elkas works diligently on his brother's memorial, and Stormwind practices maneuvering Bessie, you search about the area, still bitter about your little damage to the hulking beast now being treated as a pet. As you pace around, you feel a pressure change in the air, or perhaps the hair rising on the back of your neck, as though being watched. You turn back around to see a shimmering eye floating in the air, above Elkas. It looks around, sweeping the area, until it passes over you. It widens briefly, and then fades away into the air.

Scrying Detected

GuyFawkes
2011-12-01, 12:45 AM
Black Star

Cursing himself for his ineffectiveness earlier, he walked around as the others busy themselves with their concerns, thinking of what he could have done better. While he did so, he spotted what seemed to be a floating eye just above Elkas, and it seemed to be looking at them, and then it looked at him before disappearing. It took hims a few seconds to remember what that meant.

"Uh, guys. Hate to interrupt, but I think we better leave. Someone was just observing us, and I don't think we are in shape for another scuffle right now," he said after he assessed the group's condition. Though he was always looking for a fight to improve himself, Black Star knew to differentiate foolhardiness and bravery.

Gandariel
2011-12-01, 02:08 AM
humm, detected, you say? Well we should be sort of combat fit as of now, but we're almost out of spells, and we need to learn how to manouver (and possibly cure) bessie....
That folk used his staff to heal it, may it be some sort of spell, or was he giving him his own life force?
I don't think my spells would do anything.. but i can try.

OF course, this can wait. let me look around for any danger, and let's go.

Duncan flies a bit higher and looks around. Spot for anyrhing, i'll make the roll in the ooc.
if i don't see anything Duncan proposes they leave immediately.

Also, i suppose a couple minutes have passed, we're all at full hp.

Tjallen
2011-12-01, 08:34 AM
"i think moving bessie here is going to prove problematic - someone wrecked her" at this point Stormwind looks to Black Star with a look that says: 'you did this' before continueing "and i think it might be because she's missing some energy - i'd love to try with some lightning, but i am not sure if it is gonna work."

Stormwind goes over to Bessie and channels a bit of lightning into her with a shocking grasp.
If it relights the crystals he will recast it 7 more times. if not he just starts moving bessie towards the village

GuyFawkes
2011-12-01, 08:45 AM
Black Star

"Ha! How I wish! That was your doing, if you would recall. Your fireballs. I was merely a distraction," Black Star replied with a surly tone. The fact that he was wishing what the mage said was true was all too hurtful for his pride. He looked around, trying to forget the matter and looked for signs of the one that was looking out for them.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Falconknight06
2011-12-01, 10:05 AM
Elkas is lost in thought, unaware of the eye the others were talking about. He wraps his brothers cloak around his shoulder, a reminder of what he lost when he left his family. If only this had ended differently. He absentmindedly pats Sol as he sits next to the Cairn, staring into the distance

Terraspaz
2011-12-01, 11:27 PM
Stormwind

You channel a torrent of electric energy through your body towards Bessie, and to your delight, the crystals do slowly begin to relight themselves. By the time your magical energy is exhausted, they nearly reach the full illumination you initially saw when he burst through the house, revealing its presence.

Black Star

Whatever being was watching out for you has either ceased their attempts, or gotten much better at concealment. You don't see any further sign of your observer.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-01, 11:47 PM
Black Star

'Hmm. Looks like they're not coming now. But better to leave here still," he said as he looked around. When he turned to Stormwind's direction, he noticed the construct with all its crystals almost lit up, and he instinctively jumped back, thinking it would maul him. But when he saw that the mage seemed to have control over it, he spoke. "Hey, you had it restored! How'd ya do it?"

Tjallen
2011-12-02, 02:36 AM
"Well we seem to be in luck - simple lightning seems to do the trick, a shame i'm all out now, lets hope nothing more shows up."

Stormwind readies the Staff to control Bessie and looks at the others:
"Why does Elkas look so down? We won didn't we? Did the dwarf curse him?"

GuyFawkes
2011-12-02, 02:54 AM
Black Star

Black Star looked quizzically at the mage and realized he did might not have heard it, and he was not with them a long time. "Uh, yeah, that was his brother you just toasted."

Tjallen
2011-12-02, 12:22 PM
"Oh... well... I thought it was more dwarven brother... Well the time for mourning must be later with the dragon-threat and all. I think Bessie is ready though so we best get moving. We can always come back after were done with the dragons."

GuyFawkes
2011-12-02, 02:41 PM
Black Star

"You're right. Come Elkas. Your brother knew he had it coming when he decided to play this game of his. And besides, he died how a man, or rather a dwarf, should die. In a battle for his beliefs." Then he turned to the others. Come, let's start on our way back to the...wait. Where should we be heading now?" he asked while grabbing parts of his back that he could reach.

With the adrenaline wearing off, he could feel what could be some large gash on his back that Bessie gave him. He still could not get over being useless earlier, and looked at the monster with disdain. But, it could certainly be useful now that it is under their control.

Gandariel
2011-12-03, 03:01 AM
Choppa, i suppose.

we ned to rest for the night, tomorrow we'll continue our search for this ore..

Falconknight06
2011-12-03, 03:44 AM
Elkas will stand slowly, using his axe to help him rise. He will tie the bags of gems to his belt and turn to the others saying, Aye, me brother knew what he was doing, though I wish this had turned out differently. He always had the potential for greatness in his own right, but his lack of confidence caused him to try to take shortcuts. He died a dwarf's death though, that much is true.

Gandariel
2011-12-04, 05:25 PM
Heh, don't worry, Black Star.
All of my spells have been useless against him, i only managed to help you guys..
Let's just be happy we won, and we got quite a prize!

Then Duncan turns to Elkas

Are you ready, lad?

Tjallen
2011-12-04, 07:02 PM
Stormwind gets bessie to lift him up to her shoulder.
"We are ready when you are."
As soon as everybody is ready bessie sets the course for Choppa.

Terraspaz
2011-12-05, 11:29 PM
...I'll never quite understand the feeling there that day. Truth be told, it's not something that words can convey... maybe no language can. Family's such a strange beast... to be born into a connection of faith and love where you don't have a choice... no matter what miraculous acts, what travesties, what betrayals... no matter what sinister plots, or malevolent evils that brew in the mind of your family, they're still that very thing. Family. A trait that no amount of magic can alter. I have high hopes for this story, and look forward to the day I can tell the tale in all its grandeur, but I worry that I'll lack the oratory skill needed to truly portray that moment. -- The Juggler's Journal

---CHAPTER 3---------------

The walk back to Choppa is quiet and somber. Bessie provides a low, quiet humming as he walks forward, crystals dimming over every hilltop. Over the two hour walk back to Choppa, Stormwind rides gallantly atop the Lumbering Hulk, rising and falling with each stop, almost bouncing across the landscape. As Choppa becomes clear on the horizon, Bessie's head slumps forward, and grinds to a halt, toppling forward, slamming into the ground. Stormwind tumbles to safety as it begins to fall, and is clear of the impact which shakes the earth.

The impact attracts the attention of the Citizens of Choppa, including Ousten. Well there la's, glad t'see y'back today! 'N' y'brought a friend it looks like! 'Ey! Look at wha' th'Travelers 'ave brought back in! Several more dwarves inch forward, looking at Bessie with a mixture of awe, but more commonly fear. Several clearly recognize the figure from recollections of others, or their own eyes. None other than Ousten gets very near. So, y've tamed th'beast, t'lay it at our feet!

Black Star
As Bessie falls, you see two of the crystals pop out of his outer shell. Pure white crystals, gorgeous and glittering, easily worth 3,500 in a decent market.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-06, 01:47 AM
Black Star

"Ousten, meet Bessie! Well, what used to be Bessie. Hmm, what's wrong with it, Stormwind? Out of juice again?" he asked his companion as he bent down to pick up some crystals that came lose as the construct slumped down. He saw that these could fetch a pretty nifty price, so he pocketed them. "We could use it some time," he winked at the others.

"Well, we have some things we'd like to talk with you, but for now, some food would be nice."

Tjallen
2011-12-06, 04:30 AM
"i think it might be out of juice, which kinda makes bessie useless unless we get some way of getting loads of stable electricity spells.

Edit: failed to write the roll right - just gonna do it in the ooc

Gandariel
2011-12-06, 08:45 AM
That makes sense..
A good night's rest will let us both regain our spells, and we'll try to figure out how to get Bessie to work again.

Terraspaz
2011-12-06, 11:38 PM
Aye, I'll wager y'all could use some rest 'n' recovery. We'll treat y'to a proper celebration t'morrah, when y'r in a proper condition t'recieve it. For now, let's 'ead back to m'home, get y'fed up. 'Ey! He shouts back to a group of particularly stout dwarves. See tha' this beast is taken th'rest of th'way into Choppa. AND CAREFULLY!!! Y'dinnae 'arm th'trophies of th'victorious, 'n' y'd best treat it as y'would y'r own.

As you complete the journey to Ousten's home, the squad passes by you towards Bessie, rolling large logs in front of them as they travel. A fine roast stew is placed on the table with a large clang, and even a smaller iron bowl is placed at the floor for Sol. Over a large and hearty meal, you talk of the sight of Jard and Bessie, and the ensuing battle. You explain your knowledge of how Bessie operates, which, while limited, seems to satisfy his initial curiosity. After much of the dialogue, Ousten congratulates you all on removing a dire threat to Choppa and its people. Y've taken away a great fear for us, lads. There is no 'onor I kin give y', 'igh enough.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-07, 02:09 AM
Black Star

After he finished his meal, Black Star said his thanks and stood up and excused himself to get some fresh air outside. After a few minutes, he went back in a sat near Ousten.

"Okay, we took out Bessie and even got it for us. All well and good. But, the problem just starts here. Elkas' brother told us something about the dragonkind being behind this. They are after the ore. Have you heard something about this, my friend?"

Terraspaz
2011-12-07, 11:33 PM
Ousten's eyebrows furrow, as he looks on intently while setting his large drink on the table. He tilts his head slightly to the side, looking at Black Star. I'm afraid I dinnae know anything about dragonkind 'round 'ere. We've 'eard rumors tha' dragons exist in th'Great Storm... but we've ne'er 'ad one exit from th'Storm's edge.

I must say, though, y'r claims seem t'bear two notable flaws. First, 'n' no offense to y'r family name, lad... he gives a nod toward Elkas ...But y'cannae put full faith 'n' trust in a fellow like one tha' would ravage the outlyin' outposts like 'e did.

'N' Second, if dragons really were comin' t'strike at us 'ere, wha' would 'old 'em back for so long? We 'ave no real force t'fight back against 'em... it's nah as though we're equipped t'fight dragons... He takes a large draught of ale. "Ahh... fightin' dragons. Wouldnae tha' be a sight, eh?"

GuyFawkes
2011-12-07, 11:49 PM
Black Star

"On the contrary, the last words of a dying man are usually true. At least from my experience. And what if the dragons already know far more than what the people here in Choppa know? Then they would have no reason to charge you here. Unless, you really do know something that they don't." He looked at the dwarf in the eye for a few seconds beofre continuing. "But regardless, what if this was true? The implications of this would be far too dangerous. Not just for Choppa."

Falconknight06
2011-12-08, 12:01 AM
Nah lad, he's right. Elkas will say quietly to Black Star as he allows the bright blue scale around his neck to become visible. I've fought dragons, and with the help of me family, beaten dragons, and if the dragons wanted Choppa gone, it would be gone. Dragons are arrogant, but not stupid. They work actively against threats to them. It is likely they don't see Choppa as a threat, or asset. Elkas takes a deep drink of his ale, then continues, sides, if its ore they be after, why would they care to bring attention to themselves. Methinks the dragons were using me brother as a distraction, nothing more.

GuyFawkes
2011-12-08, 12:13 AM
Black Star

"Well then, it must mean that they already have a lead on us regarding of the whereabouts of the ore, or how to get them. That's bad."

Terraspaz
2011-12-08, 11:27 PM
Ousten rubs his hand over his face, emitting a combination of a groan and a sigh in a slurred, single sound. He looks at the 4 of you, saying "Well, I dinnae suppose we kin take a threat this dire lightly, much as we maynae want it t'b'true. 'Eavens, this isnae somethin' anyone 'ere 'as been face with before... ...biggest disaster we've faced in our lifetimes 'as been Ballen's pigs getting out, runnin' rampant o'er the town, or Serlena 'n' marryin' themselves withou' a priest, 'n' declarin' tha' th'spirit of free love demanded they forgo clothin... ...heh... ...no, no this surely is an illusion. Ousten stands up muttering to himself, all traces of the composure of earlier gone, bearing a face wracked with worry and doubt. Though not quite brought to tears, the stress is very evident in the death grip he holds on his hammer, recently picked up from the mantle. It's not as though we've anywhere to go, either... th'Storm, our shield against th'evils of the world... now it barricades us in 'ere. What choice 'ave we? ...What chance 'ave we... The hammer in his hand begins to tremble, shaking and shivering until it rattles itself to the floor. As it hits, he looks up at you.

There've always been rumors of holy grounds runnin' far underneath Choppa. Parts of a field tha'll prosper when others just beside it perish. Bow made from certain trees in certain places tha' ne'er miss, birds tha' live t'be twenty, thirty years old... but no one takes th'stories seriously... at least... well, no more than old folks' stories... ...but if these myths are true... I beg y', please... y've fought things of this sort before... 'ow... ...'ow kin we b'ready? In just a matter of days. Y'ave t'elp us, Travelers... ...Please...

Gandariel
2011-12-09, 06:26 AM
Well, i don't really know what can we do.. but i assure you we'll do our best.
Duncan says, in a conforting voice.

Well... let's see.
we need to do it in as less time as possible...

Okay, i don't think there's much i can do, but if you have enough stone around here i could shape it as a sort of defence... but dragons would probably laugh at it..
Well, still worth doing if we've nothing better to do.

Stormwind, have you figured out already how to use Bessie for our purposes?
that would be very useful.. Also, i see you're more of the "destructive" kind, but if there's anything you can conjure to help it would be great...

And, we could try to find out about these legends.. we still don't know why dragons would attackthis peaceful village..

Tjallen
2011-12-09, 07:16 AM
"Aye Bessie just needs some more lightning, also don't dwarves usually live underground? Couldn't they just dig down and out of the storm? Also what do dragons want with the village again? "

GuyFawkes
2011-12-09, 08:23 AM
Black Star

"Well, like we said, unless you don't have anything worth taking here, say perhaps information, I don't think the dragons will attack here. Not before they get the ore at least," he assured the dwarf. Then he thought of something. "Or if they are out to get us," he looked at his companions.

Gandariel
2011-12-10, 04:41 PM
I do have some ideas... but i need you to tell us what are Choppa's resources. Archers? defences? mages? anything that could be of use?

Tjallen
2011-12-10, 05:29 PM
"Well before you guys arrived there really wasn't any problems here in Choppa, so maybe if we leave it will just go away?"

Terraspaz
2011-12-13, 01:31 AM
Well, ah, we 'ave quite a bit of lumber, 'n' there's a few ore threads 'ere 'n' about in the ground. We dinnae 'ave too much, though... our forefathers 'ad used much of it for fortifications of old, in tryin' t'claim the Ore, back before Florin scattered it all to th'four winds.

Wait.. ...Why would they be out to get y'? Y'think tha' dragons out there would b'upset about y' fightin' with 'is brother?