PDA

View Full Version : [PF] John Constantine, Hellblazer Character

anmgarmvits
2011-08-25, 08:06 PM
I'm trying to build a Hellblazer character, (Pre-Soul Split) for a campaign I'm joining, but I'm at a loss as to where to start with stats and class. I'm fairly sure he would be a wizard, because he really doesn't have much innate magical talent, but then you have the epic scores in bluff, so I have been trying to figure out how to build at:

1st level

4th level

8th level

to also get the progression down.

Only Pathfinder Sources Please.

Analytica
2011-08-25, 09:09 PM
Possibly cleric might match his brand of hermetic-demonic-angelic magic better. Some kind of demon-summoner cleric archetype, maybe, with trickery powers.

Hida Reju
2011-08-25, 10:26 PM
Actually I would do John Constantine as a bard. With Perform:speech instead of a musical instrument.

Bluff is a class skill, he does occasionally inspire others to greatness or to bail him out of a problem he created, and his bard magic is mostly for show and not really game breaking.

anmgarmvits
2011-08-25, 11:29 PM
I like the idea of the Bard with preform speech, I can't really see him as a cleric because his magic isn't divinely granted or inspired, it's from studying tomes, bull****ting, and help from friends with more raw magical power. But I also see a problem with the bard, because he would really only inspire himself way more often than the occasional pep talk to his living friends.

Hida Reju
2011-08-25, 11:39 PM
Well considering how many times he has snarked his way to an advantage that could be considered an inspire courage.

But if its got to go then how about the Archtype Archivist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/archivist)

Talbot
2011-08-26, 06:48 AM
He's a Factotum with high Cha.

anmgarmvits
2011-08-26, 09:47 AM
He's a Factotum with high Cha.

He would make a great Factotum, except it's not on any pathfinder source I can find, and I need it to be sourced somewhere in pathfinder.

kestrel404
2011-08-26, 01:33 PM
Since Factotum is not available (he's totally perfect for factotum), then I'm going to have to recommend:

Ninja 4/Bard 6/Arcane Trickster 10

Skill Focus (Bluff) and the Deceitful feats are pretty likely.

For Ninja Tricks I'd definitely go with Rogue Talent (Honeyed Words) and Forgotten Trick (for the ability to pull literally anything out of his hat).

For spells, pick subtle stuff with just a few really flashy tricks (illusions, usually) for when he wants to make a point.

I'd peg his race as half-elf rather than full human.