PDA

View Full Version : I Made An Ebook!

Friv
2011-08-26, 12:50 AM
Like, actually made it, with formatting and everything.

God, that is way harder than I expected it to be. I am so glad to be done and to have it online. :sigh: On the one hand, it definitely ate a huge chunk of my life - I sort of expecting the writing part to be the hard part, but sweet jegus that was not the case.

On the other hand, I now have an ebook online for purchase, which makes this one of the most awesome days of my life. So I'm calling this a win. :smallamused:

LaZodiac
2011-08-26, 12:56 AM
Like, actually made it, with formatting and everything.

God, that is way harder than I expected it to be. I am so glad to be done and to have it online. :sigh: On the one hand, it definitely ate a huge chunk of my life - I sort of expecting the writing part to be the hard part, but sweet jegus that was not the case.

On the other hand, I now have an ebook online for purchase, which makes this one of the most awesome days of my life. So I'm calling this a win. :smallamused:

Hooray! If I didn't loathe e books to the ends of existence, I'd totally ask you what the book was about and then buy it.

As it is, good job :smallsmile:

Mauve Shirt
2011-08-26, 09:37 AM
Oooo, what's the book about? And where can I buy it?

Tyndmyr
2011-08-26, 09:43 AM
Well, I do have a kindle...what's the name, and what's it about?

And yeah, I totally sympathize on formatting. I've dabbled in writing some, and formatting is always a bear, definitely my weakest part.

Friv
2011-08-26, 11:33 AM
LaZodiac: *snicker* Fair enough. I can understand that, but it's way more cost-effective from my point of view. It would cost me something like twenty dollars to print a small book on demand, and no one would ever buy that.

Everyone: The book is Patchwork Magisters, Volume I. It's a collection of stories about a team of police units specializing in magical crime in a superhero setting; a bit esoteric, but I've got a small and loyal readership. Most of the stories are online for people who want to read them in serialized form, but you can't take serialized online stuff onto your ebook (and I've got an extra story in the collection).

The link is here. (http://www.patchwork-magisters.com/store/patchwork-magisters-volume-i)

LaZodiac
2011-08-26, 12:23 PM
LaZodiac: *snicker* Fair enough. I can understand that, but it's way more cost-effective from my point of view. It would cost me something like twenty dollars to print a small book on demand, and no one would ever buy that.

Everyone: The book is Patchwork Magisters, Volume I. It's a collection of stories about a team of police units specializing in magical crime in a superhero setting; a bit esoteric, but I've got a small and loyal readership. Most of the stories are online for people who want to read them in serialized form, but you can't take serialized online stuff onto your ebook (and I've got an extra story in the collection).

The link is here. (http://www.patchwork-magisters.com/store/patchwork-magisters-volume-i)

I'll be honest, judging from the plot you just described, I would buy the hell out of this book if I could get a hard copy XP

Icewalker
2011-08-26, 05:31 PM
So, I was just going to post to say awesome, well done, I love writing. I can relate, I've been doing a bunch of work towards publishing things myself, as I'm just starting to publish a fiction magazine.

Except now your premise sounds really really cool and I need to go read through all your stories. And maybe buy the ebook.

((Later))
This is really good. I need to keep reading these. Finished Holding Out For a Hero. Your characters have really strong personalities and presences and feel like people, and not just that but people that I am interested in.

Friv
2011-08-27, 11:28 PM
I'll be honest, judging from the plot you just described, I would buy the hell out of this book if I could get a hard copy XP

Some day, maybe, if I can figure out a less expensive way to do it.

So, I was just going to post to say awesome, well done, I love writing. I can relate, I've been doing a bunch of work towards publishing things myself, as I'm just starting to publish a fiction magazine.

Oh, really? Does your magazine have a site?

Except now your premise sounds really really cool and I need to go read through all your stories. And maybe buy the ebook.

((Later))
This is really good. I need to keep reading these. Finished Holding Out For a Hero. Your characters have really strong personalities and presences and feel like people, and not just that but people that I am interested in.

Thanks! That means a lot. :smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2011-08-28, 04:17 AM
The website is http://www.talesfromthemenagerie.com/, first issue should be out within a month. I'm writing a comic which we're publishing as a serial, and then we take lots of other submissions. Definitely will talk to you further as to working together, seems we're both in a state to thoroughly benefit.

I read through Hungry Like The Wolf. It is also incredible. The first section is so well done, the meeting between Murray and Fenris? You took a completely cliche scene, and made it both believable and original, as well as very revealing about the newly introduced character.

Also, I love Norse Mythology. :smallbiggrin: So always glad to see that used well. Also, 'flying rats'. Well played.