PDA

View Full Version : Calling All American Lawyers -Law School Help?

Deth Muncher
2011-08-26, 01:30 AM
What's this? A way to ask for the advice of lawyers on this forum without breaking rules? That sounds mad! Except...I don't want legal advice, I want law school advice! :D

I'm a junior in college right now. I've been wanting to be a lawyer for a very long time - not for the money, though that would be nice. It's more to do with my deep enjoyment at using logic to solve problems, and my tendency to stick up for people/things I believe in and defend them. I know that's not all of what law is about, but I DID realize that I have very little knowledge of what the different kinds of lawyers actually do! I mean, there's the overly-popularized (by the media, that is) trial attorneys, sure, but what about torts? (No, not cakes.) Or any of the other myriad functions of the legal system? What I'd like to know from you, lawyers in the playground, is what you do, why you do it, and what you had to go through to get there. And maybe a few tips for the aspiring JD, too. :P

Also, in case you were wondering, I'm an English major with Political Science and Music Performance minors.