PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Campaign (IC)

Iceforge
2011-08-26, 06:03 AM
The ruins of the Kolirum-Masaar keep had long since been abandoned and left to decay, getting covered by growths of green, to the casual uninformed observer, it would be very hard to tell what a magnificent keep these ruins on the mountain slope had once been.

In these ruins stood 11 shapes, with 2 more shapes quickly darting away down the slope of the mountain.

As the former prisoners of Mechanus, the Clockwork realm, regained their senses after having been planeshifted free from their prison for the last 400 years, it was a depressing sight to behold these ruins.

The 11 shapes was:
Djakh, a Githzerai Half-dragon.
Klioth Long-Tail, a Spellwarped Scorpionfolk
Kurikgix. a Blackscale Lizard
Blackheart, a Wight
Rooshkdor, a Arrow Demon
Waelnt, a Brownie
Krokuta d'Ba Bouda, a Gnoll
And 3 large Dire Hyenas named Kimatet, Kimburi and Dubuk.

And lastly, a few feet away stood a young peasant boy, probarly no more than 10 of age, trembling, frozen in place, eyes wide open and looking at them. The sticks and the ball on the ground revealed him and some friends had been playing a game here in the ruins a few moments ago.

Krokuta d'Ba Bouda was almost knocked over, as Kimatet, his large Dire Hyena companion gave his face a big lick with his large tongue.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-26, 07:18 AM
"You, boy," Djakh called out in a kind voice. "Tell me the name of this place."

Iceforge
2011-08-26, 10:42 AM
The eyes of the little boy changed focus towards Djakh and in a shaky voice, clearly filled with fear, the young boy replied "My name is Bret... Are you goblins, Sir? Brother always says there goblins up here, but mother always says thats nonsense! And this be the Seahawk ruins, Sir Goblin, used to belong to a noble family... of humans, sir!"
The young boy nods his head as he finishes speaking, as to confirm what he just said himself to be true.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-26, 10:50 AM
"Neigh child, we not be goblins. I suggest you get along home before my companions get hungry," Djakh tells the child as he waves his hands to motion at his companions.

THEChanger
2011-08-26, 10:55 AM
Blackheart, observing the exchange, grabbed the boy by the scruff of his neck. "Where is the Master, boy? What has become of the Black Mage?" His black eyes stared deep into the boy's, daring him to lie about the whereabouts of his Master.

Iceforge
2011-08-26, 11:35 AM
At first the boy muttered incoherently, his feet lifted off the ground, in the strong hold of Blackheart, his eyes filled with panick as they gazed into the dead eyes of the Wight.

"I don't know any Black Mage, sir, but if he is a master, maybe Master Paradur will know him!" the boys voice trembling much more than before

Trodon
2011-08-26, 12:00 PM
Klioth walks up to the boy, pointing his stinger at him. "Master Paradur you said? Where is he?"

Iceforge
2011-08-26, 12:15 PM
The young boy turned his head, and then immediately turned it away and closed his eyes as he saw the stinger, a few tears was running down from his eyes, which was starting to become red.

"They are building his new keep in Scarshold, please, don't kill me!"

stanleyindraven
2011-08-26, 02:14 PM
"You find joy in scaring children? I may be evil but there is no call for this. We will find the Master Paradur, and the boy will show us the way," Djakh calls out as he steps over to the boy. "Have you never heard that you can catch more flys with honey than vinegar," he continues. "This boy has information he cannot provide if you scare him to death."

Lyndworm
2011-08-26, 03:02 PM
Hugging the enormous beasts tightly while all of this goes on, the gnoll disentangles himself to respond. "Let them have their fun, Djakh." says Krokuta in his deep, rumbling half-growl of a voice. "We are free now. Who is to say that the men cannot enjoy themselves? Certainly not you or me, my friend." He pauses a moment before continuing. "Of course, as you mentioned, the boy is far more useful alive. Try not to harm the boy, eh, fellows? When you've finished, there's work to be done."

THEChanger
2011-08-26, 05:21 PM
Blackheart glared at his companions, and dropped the boy to the ground. "This Paradur of yours had best know what has become of the Master, boy. It has been some time since I have eaten." Blackheart stepped behind Djakh, obviously not trusting himself to keep from unleashing his rage upon the boy.

Ursus the Grim
2011-08-26, 06:17 PM
Kurikgix lumbered forward. The material plane. He took in a deep breath. The fresh mountain air, crisp and perhaps cool in his nostrils, was not reminsicient of his homeland. But it was still familiar. It brought him back many years, countless decades. He had been in a place like this, marching with his people under the banner of the Black Wizard. It was good to be free. He paid no heed to the human child. He took no joy in sadism. This boy was practically useless to them. Their master was dead. Though they could pick at his bones, acting as if he lived still was pointless. No doubt his essence had been sealed away so that he could never be raised. He scanned the horizon. Had any but the boy noticed their arrival?

Spot check, if at all applicable.
[roll0]

Iceforge
2011-08-26, 06:30 PM
The boy gulped heavily, a wet stain formed by his crotch as he was put down on the ground again, as he suddenly understood that the wight might have eaten him, had the others not voiced their opinions.

With a stuttering voice the boy almost whispered "T-t-the r-r-r-oad from t-t-the village goes all t-t-the way to Scarshold"

Ursus The Grim:

About a mile off from the ruins, at the foot of the mountain, lied a small village of 12, maybe 15, houses, pilars of smoke rising from the chimneys. About midway between the ruins and the village ran two other humanoids, judging from their sizes, they would be about the same age as the stuttering boy.

Ursus the Grim
2011-08-26, 06:47 PM
"The other hatchlings have likely informed his village of our arrival."

He could smell the disgusting, filthy smell of the primate's urine. It irritated him. Such fear was common, but he could barely stand the proof of it. Gaze still fixed upon the village, he continued.

"We hunt down this 'Paradur' now, yes?"

Lest I forget, he has Charging Minotaur, Sudden Leap, Claw at the Moon, and Bonecrusher readied.

Lyndworm
2011-08-26, 08:23 PM
"Yes, Kurikgix. That would be the work of which I spoke." says Krok. "We must find the man if we are to learn of this world."

stanleyindraven
2011-08-26, 08:54 PM
"Some time in prison has clouded this world from what we can truly do. I know the wizard was put to death, but that is only a beginning. Boy, run, as fast as you can, we may need you as a slave later or you can join our army when it reforms. For now, we have much larger targets in mind," Djakh lets out. "On second thought, child, have you heard of the dark wizard, the black mage, the scourge of the kingdom?"

dspeyer
2011-08-27, 12:53 AM
Seeing that her comrades are attracting all the attention as usual, Waelnt takes the opportunity to fade into the background. Probably unnecessary, but a good habit to be in. And such a relief to be among plants instead of that horrible simple geometry!

Hide (in plain sight): [roll0]

Iceforge
2011-08-27, 02:38 AM
The boys eyes flickered around between the many different monsters that was infront of him, and he looked like he was thinking almost so much it hurt, then fixed his gaze on Djakh.

"No, not for real, only for pretend! Like in the stories grandmother tells!"

Dspeyer

The other companions had their backs turned towards Waelnt as he faded away, the only one who would have had Waelnt in his sight of vision was the little boy, and his attention was elsewhere.
Waelnt could tell that nobody had detected him disappearing into thin air.

stanleyindraven
2011-08-27, 06:43 AM
"This should be dreadful, but tell us the story my boy. I would like to know how this world sees him," Djakh said to the child as he listened intently.

Iceforge
2011-08-27, 06:58 AM
"Well" The boy started, still terrified by the monsters infront of him, who a few moments ago had been threatening his life "Grandmother says that many years ago, more than a hundred years ago, even before she was born and she is really old, before the masters started the great cleansing, a noble family of humans lived here in this castle and that it was a grand castle back then. Then the new lord of the castle learned magic and it turned him evil and against other humans, and against the masters and the faeries too! But then a band of heroes defeated the noble man, but by then, the land was unclean and bad, so thats why the cleansing started and they started by cleansing this keep, at least thats what my grandmother says, but father says it is just myths"

Lyndworm
2011-08-27, 08:36 PM
Krokuta begins growling as the boy's story draws to an end. "What do you mean 'cleansed?' Explain yourself, little one," The gnoll is clearly incensed over something. "And hurry! We haven't time to waste on your bones."

Iceforge
2011-08-28, 04:37 AM
The boy was gulping heavily, more tears running down from his eyes, still slightly stuttering, the boy explains "Father says the cleansing is just an excuse to attack and take land from the savages around the kingdom, oh please, don't kill me!" as he finished speaking those words, the boy fell to the ground, sobbing and weeping, totally giving in to the terror he was feeling from the monsters

stanleyindraven
2011-08-28, 09:18 AM
"Well, looks like its time to seek Paradur," Djakh says bluntly as he starts toward the town.

Ursus the Grim
2011-08-28, 03:08 PM
Could he catch them? Perhaps, but not before they got close enough to the village to reveal their presence anyway. He was fast, but they were more than halfway there already. He nodded in agreement and began to pick his way down the slope in half-jumps and hops.

It had been many centuries. He doubted any human could reveal accurate information about their former masters. But this "Cleansing" the primate revealed was worrisome. Had it reached his homelands?

If it had, the humans would pay for their bloodshed and xenophobia. With or without their leader, Kurikgix would make sure a new crusade was waged.

Lyndworm
2011-08-29, 05:42 PM
Krokuta goes very still before speaking. "It is as I feared, then... This 'cleansing' will surely threaten my brothers and sisters." He turns to the half-dragon before continuing. "You are right, Djakh. It is past time to find this Master Paradur."

Re'ozul
2011-08-29, 06:19 PM
Having finished his inspection his inspection of his bows, Rooshkdor looks up from his kneeling position and adresses Krokuta.

"While I do not feel as strong about finding this Master Paradur, i doubt said visit will be met with much of a peaceful disposition. As such I am more than willing to accompany you as I DO endeavour to reaquaint myself with my purpose."

stanleyindraven
2011-08-30, 07:39 AM
"My goal is to find and raise the master, then we can fix this 'cleansing' situation. Worthless humans anyway, the master will be much better off as an undead or whatever mages come back as," Djakh growls as he treks down the road.

Iceforge
2011-08-30, 05:30 PM
The group started walking down the mountain slope, towards the small village below.

A strong slightly cold wind in their backs, such a simple thing, but something none of them had felt for 400 years, a small reminder of their new freedom, and in the horizon, they could see the sun starting to set, as the got near the village.

As the group approached the village, it became clear that people had gone inside and shut their doors and windows, except a single human male, who remained out in the open, approximately at the middle of the city.

He was a poor looking peasant, apparently unarmed, wearing slightly torn clothes, obviously covered in dirt from working on the fields around the city. Next to the man was two wheelbarrows, their content concealed by heavy dark-gray blankets.

Trodon
2011-08-30, 06:03 PM
"Let me handle this." Klioth says to the party. He then creates an image of a young female elf, just into adulthood with torn clothes, a couple of scars, some bruises, and a sword at her side, he then moves the image closer to the man, he then makes it speak common. "Oh, excuse me sir, I seam to have lost my way, I am looking for Master Paradur can you help me?"

Using Major Image SLA, I don't think I need to roll anything for this do I?

Iceforge
2011-08-30, 06:58 PM
Kiloth moved across the fields, hiding in the blind spots of the peasants that the houses provided, to get up close in hiding, before creating a major image of an elf, who walked around the corner and up to the man in the center of town.

Trodon:

From his hiding spot, Kiloth was able to hear the peasant reply "This is not a good time, my good woman, monsters are approaching, as you can see if you look. Can you by any chance use that sword you are carrying? We might need it, least we can convince the monsters to leave us be.. Did you come by horse or with a friend? I thought I heard 2 sets of feet.. Oh, please don't say you are with those beasts?"

Trodon
2011-08-30, 07:03 PM
"What? What defenses do you have here? Surly it is not just you? I am sorry but I am in no condition to fight, if you tell me the way I will take refuge with Master Paradur and assist you how I can as soon as I am able." The elf looks about, seeming scared of the monsters.

Iceforge
2011-08-31, 08:33 AM
It appeared the peasant continued to converse with the elf
Trodon:
"Should we have to defend ourselves in combat, we could muster 10 people, but only armed with farm equipment, we barely would outnumber them, so our plan is to bribe them to leave us alone and return my son to me, we are just farmers, what else could we do?"

stanleyindraven
2011-08-31, 09:21 AM
Djakh, uncaring about the fact that he may scare off the farmer, attempts to walk around the homes and continue down the street on the other side of the hamlet.

Trodon
2011-08-31, 10:04 AM
"Bribe? Take no offence but what do you have to bribe with? If they truly are monsters what do you have that could convince them to leave you alone?" The illusion shifts it's weight and glances around. She grasps her gash on the left arm with her right hand, wincing in pain.

Re'ozul
2011-08-31, 11:20 AM
Seeing his 'companion' play games with the solitary figure, Rooshkdor can't help but have his opinion of the situation reflected in his thoughts.

'Always with the talking. They never realize how futile it is to reason when there are so much more pleasurable ways to resolve a situation. Sooner or later those lowlifes will try to betray or eradicate us.'

Taking a look at the human talking to the image created by his ... aquaintance he starts to grin.

'Not really challenge, but such a good target practise...maybe once things deteriorate I'll miss the first batch, a moving target is so much more challenging and fun'

With that he looks for a good place to wait for the, in his mind, foregone conclusion to the situation.

Spot check to find a good place to both hid and aim at the center of the village: [roll0]
Move silently check should he come to the conclusion that said place is somewhere where the check is necessary:[roll1]

If the village has a church with a bell tower or similarly high structure with no one being there (I guess his spot check for that then) he will instead dimension door (3/day) up there.

Ursus the Grim
2011-08-31, 11:57 AM
Kurikgix could do nothing but scoff at the illusion. He hated trickery and indirect means. These people were weak. He and his allies had the right to take whatever information they had.

Still, as he often had when Klioth played with his images, he swallowed his opinion and ducked behind a shed on the outskirts of the hamlet.

This should be funny. Hide check.
[roll0]

Iceforge
2011-08-31, 12:48 PM
Djakh started making his way around the small hamlet to the road that continued east on the other side of the village, leading in towards Celestra.

The road also continued on the other side of the village, closer to the direction they had come from, but lead west towards the mountains a bit further north that Kolirum-Masaar, which should just be almost impassable mountains.

Rooshkdor moved into a nearby field away from the rest of the group, while Kiloth continued his little illusionary game.

Kurikgix moved a little further ahead, to a small shed used to store some working tools nearer to the fields and hid himself behind it, seemingly not aware how he with his dark coloration and the sun not having set yet, was springing out as quite a contrast to the surrounding light colored fields, especially seeing how his tail was sticking out quite a bit from the cover of the shed.

Inside the small village, the peasant was putting his hand on the shoulder of the female elf, but then steps back away from her.

Re'ozul:

Rooshkdor spotted a small hill as part of a field, and right on the top was a small scarecrow. The high corn of the field in combination with the scarecrow would provide excellent cover to remain hidden, while the height of the hill would give a good view in over the low rooftop of a single hut, allowing a quite clear shot to the peasant in the center of the city

Trodon:

"My good woman, you are seriously injured, pardon me for not noticing, you should come with me, I will take you inside that hut to see old woman Isa, she knows herbs that...but, what in Pelor's name"

Dspeyer

From his hiding amongst the cultivated greens and grass, Waelnt was able to make out the facial expression of the peasant, even through it was hard at this range; He had clearly become firghtened by the illusion

Trodon
2011-08-31, 01:09 PM
The elf draws her sword and holds it to the mans neck, she then freezes. I walk out from around the corner. "So, what was this bribe you were talking about?"

stanleyindraven
2011-08-31, 01:13 PM
Djakh will stop as he is passing the last building and activate his gloves and then hit the building with his fist.

Damage to wall- [roll0]

Iceforge
2011-08-31, 02:26 PM
Klioth stepped out from behind the building and approached the peasant in the center of town as the elf drew it's sword and put it to the neck of the peasant.

On the other side of town, a cloud of dust arose from behind a building along with a loud crackling sound.

Stanleyindraven:

Djakh's powerful strike smashed the wall of the building which was made from primitive construction of clay cladded against a framework of thin wooden sticks.

Beyond the collapsed wall was a middleages woman, on her knees infront of a table, her arms wrapped around a little girl, panicked looks on both of their faces.

On the other side of the table, a young boy, probarly no more than 16 of age, stood, having drawn a small kitchen knife, pointing it towards Djahk, but the young boy was shaking and looked more terrified than angry.

"Stop...I won't let you hurt them!" The young boy said, trying to sound frightening and intimidating, but failing strongly

Trodon:

The peasant first looked at Klioth "Supplies, mostly corn, bread and cheese, to feed you as you continue your travels beyond this village, it is not much, but it is what we have, it is in those wheelbarrows right over there" He said and pointed to the two wheelbarrows covered by dark blankets.

Then the peasant turned his gaze to the elven maiden "You aren't human, are you?"

Re'ozul
2011-08-31, 02:44 PM
'Why is breaking objects always so popular as a show of force? Where is the surprise, the terror? I know my bows aren't particularly inconspicious, though they will be once I find one of those Necrocarnum users and have him modify them so that they don'd shine like the sun anymore, but really? Breaking a wall?'

Sighing to himself, Rooshkdor waits how this will play out.

'Shooting him now wouldn't really serve anything and without proper arrows I can't even make a wall of them around him. Note to self, craft some arrows.'

stanleyindraven
2011-08-31, 03:01 PM
Djakh will laugh and then look around for his companions before advancing down the road.

Trodon
2011-08-31, 03:44 PM
"Hahahahaha. She's not even real, an illusion I made." Klioth call to his party members. "Come out, we need to decide if we are taking his bribe."

Re'ozul
2011-08-31, 04:06 PM
'Imbecile, Idiot, Incompetent, In... hmmm those are the only words beginning with I that I can think of right now. Why did he just announce the rest of us? For all he knows that single guy could've been a lure for us. Still can in fact, not very likely but also not impossible. If this is the level of tactical competence I'll have to put up with, I'm going to stay far far away from wherever he is at every moment.'

Rooshkdor lowers his bows debating on wether to walk over there risking an ambush, staying here and possibly losing sight of what happens, or using his limited teleportation ability to simply get into the thick of things right away.

How far is the scarecrow hill from the center of the village anyway? From the way it sounds, the village is very small, so 500 feet maybe?

Ursus the Grim
2011-08-31, 04:28 PM
Kurikgix moves from his (insufficient) hiding spot behind the shed and moves swiftly forward towards the terrified old man. Nodding torwards Klioth he reaches out and tears the blankets from the wheelbarrows.

Iceforge
2011-08-31, 05:14 PM
As Kurikgix teared away the blankets, the content was revealed. One wheelbarrow was full of uncooked corn, while the other wheelbarrow contained a mix of bread, rolls of cheese, a few small jars containing something dark red and a small wooden barrel.

"An..an Illusion? So you are a mage?" The peasant asked even more terrified than before while he was holding up his hands, showing he was not concealing anything by showing the bare palms of his hands.

Re'ozul:

Probarly a little less, more like 400ft most likely, yes, it is a small village, from Rooshkdor's perched position, he can easily count the number of houses to 13, each probarly able to house a small family

Trodon
2011-08-31, 05:23 PM
"Not at all, just an innate talent of my species. Quite like this one." Klioth creates [roll0] illusions of himself and surrounds the farmer.

Iceforge
2011-08-31, 05:29 PM
The peasant dropped to his knees, covering his head with his arms, looking down at the ground "Oh Gods, please, don't kill me"

Ursus the Grim
2011-08-31, 06:32 PM
"Corn and bread? Do you think to bribe livestock?"

He was angered. Surely they could have done better. He scoffed, but resisted the urge to overturn the wheelbarrows. They could have purpose still. Instead he reached down for the neck of the peasant's tunic, planning to bring him to high level like a misbehaving kitten.

"We have been away for a long, long time, human. You will tell us all you know of the cleansings, and then you will lead us to your Paradur. Or else I will break you, bone by bone, before my friend ruins your mind and leaves you more of a worm than you already are."

Grapple attempt.
Melee touch [roll0]
Opposed grapple [roll1]

Intimidate check [roll2]

stanleyindraven
2011-08-31, 09:21 PM
"Truly you are a borish one, your breath is more intimidating than your brawn, though your face is truly offensive. What did you expect of such a place, their homes are not even properly made," Djakh calls out as he starts to approach the others. "Surely he is in no position to know the Paradur and therefore could only point us in a direction such as the child before him. If you have such bloodlust to be sated, kill them all. But I have no time to waist in this and must get about the business of finding Paradur."

Lyndworm
2011-09-01, 01:26 AM
Right on Djakh's heels, Krokuta responds first. "Centuries we've spent together, and still you feel the need to antagonize the only allies you have left." What you've learned is a grin spreads across his face as he says "For shame, Djakh. You scaly ones should stick together." The grin fading, the gnoll continues. "Though, once again you have a point, my dear draconic friend. I have no desire to dawdle here in this village any longer than necessary, and we've a job to do."

Re'ozul
2011-09-01, 05:02 AM
Not seeing any ambush being sprung as all of his "allies" move into the center of the village, Rooshkdor abandons his hill and moves towards the others.

As soon as he is within 120' of the others he tries to establish a telepathic link with Kurikgix.

"It seems you are not terribly pleased with their bribe. I admit it is not much, but stop and think for a moment. This man was chosen to bribe us, he has to hold some station in this village. If you kill him it might spur others into action and the outcome would greatly deplete what otherwise might become a sizeable workforce if their actions are any indication of how malleable their principles are in the face of force."

Iceforge
2011-09-01, 01:27 PM
The peasant spoke while still remaining on his knees on the ground "Thats all we can spare, or we will surely starve!" and after a short pause added "If you return my son to me, I will gladly guide you down the west roads to Master Paradur!"

Ursus the Grim
2011-09-01, 01:50 PM
They were heckling him. Again. As brutish and thuggish as they considered him, he had long ago learned not to rise to the taunts. Djakh in particular, though, had the ability to ruffle his metaphorical feathers. He had long wished to tear the scrawny little brawler apart piece by piece, to pit his claws against the gith's fists. For a brief moment he considered it yet again, but simply snorted and turned away from the peasant, towards the rest.

"What did you warm-blooded hofibai do with the youngling?"

He hadn't seen, after all. Had he been alone, he would have assured the peasant that the boy was fine, and they could go. But one of those fools, taking delight in torment, may well have killed the child.

stanleyindraven
2011-09-01, 01:55 PM
"I believe the child will be fine, except for the puddle he made on the ground in fear. Do we really want a peasant to tag along with us," Djakh says as he snorts.

Lyndworm
2011-09-01, 07:59 PM
"Technically, we'd be tagging along with him." laughs the gnoll.

dspeyer
2011-09-01, 08:35 PM
"Yes, we do. If he directs us and vanishes, he might direct us ary or into some sort of trap. He won't dare if he stays with us.

He won't slow us very much. He won't dare."

Having revealed her location by speaking, Waelnt slips to another nearby point.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Iceforge
2011-09-03, 10:44 AM
The peasant stood up again, still cowering a little "Well, Master Paradur resides in the keep, it is not yet finished, but still usually heavily guarded. I can lead you to the keep, but I don't think I can put you face to face with Master Paradur without meeting some obstacles along the way"

Re'ozul
2011-09-03, 05:17 PM
Rooshkdor can feel his mouth twitch slightly at the thought of "obstacles", not quite allowing himself a grin.

"Obstacles are there to be overcome or in this case, disposed off."

Ursus the Grim
2011-09-03, 05:39 PM
The demon's communication had not gone unheeded. The Blackscale had chosen to take his time before attempting to respond. He was not comfortable with Telepathy. Instead, he moved towards Rooshkdor as the arrow demon approached.

"I had no intention of killing the pathetic cretin. But if he would be more intimidated by anger, that was what he would get. These things aren't meant to be sweet-talked like some slender female at mating time. They are worthless tools that need to be forced into usefulness."

He scoffed as he made his point. He was ready to quit dawdling here. They needing to go to the human leader. He would bear responsibility. He would be the one to die if Kurikgix was dissatisfied with his answers.

Re'ozul
2011-09-04, 01:30 PM
Mulling over those words, Rooshkdor cannot help but agree to at least some of the points.

"While it is true that one should use the method most suitable to a task, too much intimidation can lead to disbelief if no actions follow. However, I guess considering our status as a newly arrived force, there is nothing wrong with it. Of course, ultimately I do not particularly care for either approach as I tend to be a lot more ... direct in my dealings with targets."

THEChanger
2011-09-04, 11:07 PM
Blackheart growled at the words being thrown about. Now was not the time for dithering. Now was the time for action. He bounded away, down towards the peseant. "Which way is west, human?"

Lyndworm
2011-09-04, 11:49 PM
"You can't tell?" Krokuta points to the right of true North. "Surely I'm not the only one to know this?"

stanleyindraven
2011-09-06, 07:46 AM
"Wait, what? That does not seem right, besides, the boy pointed that way," Djakh says as he points down the road to where the keep should be. "You needn't worry about the audience, I believe they will come to us once we are close. If not, I am more than able to gain an audience with any leader."

Trodon
2011-09-06, 12:36 PM
Klioth chuckles. "If they don't attack us first I'll be very surprised."

Iceforge
2011-09-06, 04:38 PM
The peasant stood back up and observed the discussion between the monsters infront of him "Yes, you are right, it's that way!" The peasant said with a shivering voice, and pointed the same direction as Djakh "You say when you want to go" the peasant said, sounding a little eager to get the monsters moving out of town

dspeyer
2011-09-07, 11:03 PM
"We go at once. Lead the way, human.

Do not be afraid. All you need do is lead us directly to the keep and we will not harm you. This you can do. If you do otherwise, we will harm you, but let us not think of such unpleasant matters. You need not fear our tempers, pride or purposeless cruelty -- tempers, pride and purposelessness are weaknesses, and we are not weak."

Move Silently: [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2011-09-08, 07:31 AM
"Besides, your people are more likely to kill you than us if they truly do attack before we make it there, how long will the travel take," Djakh says as he puts his hand on the man's shoulder.

Iceforge
2011-09-09, 01:04 AM
The peasant started to lead the way west out of town, following the western road.
Behind them, the sound of a woman crying and sobbing became clear as they was leaving town, but as they continued traveling, the sound soon disappeared in the distance behind them.
Much had happened to the area since any of the monsters had last been here; An entirely new pass had been carved into the mountain, making a new road for traveling. The new road was maybe a hundred feet wide and towered by steep mountain rises to each side.
They travelled through the night, and as dawn approached, the peasant stopped the group, starting to look a bit fatigued from travelling all night, but he hadn't complained about it yet.
"A small hours travel ahead is the guard tower, I don't know how well their defenses are at the moment, but chances are they won't be well fortified" The peasant said and then pointed to a small path on the mountains to their south "There is a small pass on the mountains which can maybe lead us around them undetected, but it will put us south of the lake Loch Langar, and prolong our journey by a few days, so it is your choise, should we go straight ahead or try and sneak around?"

stanleyindraven
2011-09-09, 05:09 AM
"I have waited long enough, a direct path should be fine," Djahk said as he looked ahead.

Trodon
2011-09-09, 10:41 AM
"I agree, the sooner the better." Klioth says.

Re'ozul
2011-09-09, 11:45 AM
"I doubt anything can stand before us. It would also lessen the impact of our appearance if we were to sneak around."

Lyndworm
2011-09-09, 06:24 PM
"It has been so very long since their kind has gazed upon us and trembled. Let us take the swifter path." says Krokuta.

Iceforge
2011-09-23, 03:13 PM
The peasant lead the monsters further forward, and as they rounded a small corner where the pass turned slightly, a 50ft tall tower became visible approximately 200 yards away. On top of the grey stone tower was a ballista mounted and it looked to be manned by 2 or 3 guards.
There was 4 visible guards, standing in metal armor, with spears and shields in the hands, standing on the ground infront of the tower, as well as a single mounted guard by a small wooden building, which stood right up against one side of the tower, most likely a stable.

Initiative:
Waelnt
Djakh
Kurikgix
Guards(DM)
Krokuta
Rooshdor
Klioth
Blackheart

stanleyindraven
2011-09-23, 07:59 PM
OOC: Have they attacked?

Djakh will continue walking by.

dspeyer
2011-09-23, 09:21 PM
"I would like to see what guards are like in this era. Go on without me; I will catch up."

Waelnt then heads stealthfully toward the tower, specifically the side of the tower opposite the stable. If she makes it there without anything exciting happening, she will climb almost to the top of the wall, which should put her nicely out of sight of any of the guards but able to hear anything the guards at the top say or do.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Climb: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Ursus the Grim
2011-09-23, 09:26 PM
Kurikgix calmly continues to approach the tower, planning to halt if he comes within 150 feet of the nearest guard (in a straight line) or if they shout to him, whichever comes first.

Currently in Leaping Dragon Stance, maneuvers readied are unchanged and listed on his sheet.

Iceforge
2011-09-24, 09:17 AM
Waelnt once again disappeared from view, as Djakh and Kurikgix continued to approach the tower, seemingly not giving much care to it yet.

The guards seemed not to respond to the approaching group

Djakh:
OOC: No, they have not attacked and does not seem like they have reacted to you as of yet
Waelnt:
OOC: Look at the picture in the OOC thread; Are you going to hug the right side mountain wall until you can cross around to the wall opposit the stable or cross over now and hug the leftside wall? Also, will you be moving slowly (just a single move action) or quickly (double move actions)?

IC: As Waelnt slips into the shadows, she noticed the sides of the mountains had changed slightly, to a more worked look, as if having been worked over more times than other sections of wall, making them go down much more straight than previously, almost having a polished look, it if wasn't for the scratched in vertical lines and dents.

Waelnt also noticed, that while the guards on the ground remained stationary and unresponsive to them as of yet, the guards on top of the tower was starting to move rather quickly

Kiloth:
Kiloth noticed the sides of the mountains had changed slightly, to a more worked look, as if having been worked over more times than other sections of wall, making them go down much more straight than previously, almost having a polished look, it if wasn't for the scratched in vertical lines and dents
Blackheart:

Blackheart noticed that while the guards on the ground remained stationary and unresponsive to the approaching group, the guards on the top of the tower was starting to move rather quickly

Krokuta:

Krokuta noticed that while the guards on the ground remained stationary and unresponsive to the approaching group, the guards on the top of the tower was starting to move rather quickly

Re'ozul
2011-09-24, 10:31 AM
As Rooshkdor rounds the bend he takes a good long look at the ballista on top, trying to figure out the exact number of guards manning it.

'Hmmm, still a bit far. I think I could hit them with a bit of luck.'

"So, how will we do this? The exciting or the boring way?"

Trodon
2011-09-24, 10:33 AM
Klioth continues walking along the path, prepared to use his people's innate illusion if need be.

OOC: Glad your back Iceforge! :smallsmile: Klioth is ready to use Major Image.

THEChanger
2011-09-24, 12:36 PM
Blackheart smiled, and channeled the blackness of Necrocarnum into his hands. "I say the exciting way. It has been too long since I have felt the thrill of combat." He moved beside Kurikgix, chuckling slightly. "So, which one do we kill first?"

Re'ozul
2011-09-24, 01:00 PM
Lifting his bows Rooshkdor grins.

"The ones on the tower are mine I think. Wouldn't mind getting slightly closer though. The ones on the ground don't interest me as much."

Ursus the Grim
2011-09-24, 06:17 PM
"Blackheart, my friend. I slay the nearest, and then we race to mow through whoever is nearest. Let us compete."

Patiently, without trying to panic the guards, he continues walking.

THEChanger
2011-09-24, 08:25 PM
Blackheart howled with delight. "I love the way you think, Kurikgix. IT IS TIME TO FEAST!" He continued to walk with Kurikgix, in the strange, jerking manner that was his natural movement. He would look forward to devouring these human's souls.
Since I don't want to delete my actions entirely, I'm spoilering them. For when I get in range.
Blackheart rushed at another of the guards, smashing his darkened flail towards the poor man's chest. His own undead soul reached out towards the man's, drawing energy away, and into Blackheart's own evil veins. It had been some time since he had feasted. Hopefully this day would provide him with the energies he needed. And a few new travelling companions.
Charging at the nearest guard Kurikgix isn't killing. Activating Energy Drain, so it gains a negative level if I hit successfully.
Attack Roll-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

stanleyindraven
2011-09-25, 09:36 AM
"Well, I would have suggested the boring way as it would keep us under the radar. But now we should make this quick so that no alarm can be raised," Djakh says as he levels his eyes at the guards near the base of the tower.

Iceforge
2011-09-26, 10:34 AM
The group mostly continued to approach, only Waelnt and Rooshdor didn't keep approaching, one having stealthed and approached in secret while the other stayed behind, glancing upwards for a good spot, respectively.

Suddenly a bolt was fired from the tower, but not towards the group of monsters on the ground, but towards the mountains above, hitting something that unleashed one of the platforms, sending a wave of boulders tumbling down towards the center of the group of monsters, right down towards Klioth and Blackheart

Right before the only sound to be heard was the loud rumbling of the stones, the group of monsters was able to hear a horn being blown by the tower and the guards was now clearly alert to the presense of the monsters

Klioth and Blackheart:
Reflex save, DC13, for half, of [roll0] damage from the falling stones

stanleyindraven
2011-09-26, 10:56 AM
"Guess they chose the fun way," Djakh said as he burst into a run at the tower.

OOC: Run at 40/x4

Re'ozul
2011-09-26, 11:34 AM
Rooshkdor roars as loud as he can to draw the ballista-guards attention to him, then moves into the side of the path.
Once he is out of the way he concentrates on the ledge he had spotted and disappears, only to reapper on it.

Not sure wether the side of the path has space enough to get complete cover.
Therefore Hide check should it be necessary: [roll0]

then dimension door to the ledge hoping the ballista guards will be preoccupied with the others and think he is still in the hiding place.

Trodon
2011-09-26, 12:17 PM
reflex save: [roll0] I'll edit at needed.

Edit: Klioth leaps out of the way of the incoming boulders, he hisses. "That's it, I'm going to rip them apart limb-from-limb!"

Iceforge
2011-09-26, 03:56 PM
Rooshkdor casted his spell like ability and vanished.

Rooshkdor:

Rooshkdor found himself on the ledge near the top of the mountain rise, but it was not a natural ledge, instead, it was a net filled with boulders suspended by a single strong rope, his presense there made it sway slightly, but with Rooshkdor's impressive balance abilities, remaining steady was no sweat. There seemed to be some white chalk markings on the mountain side as well, next to where the carrying rope was running down

OOC: You need to make a balance check each round, but with bonus is higher than the DC, so...well, auto-success, unless you do something to give yourself circumstancial penalties

Current Initiative:

Round 2:
Waelnt
Djakh
Kurikgix
Guards
Krokuta
Rooshkdor
Klioth
Blackheart

Current position

Waelnt 480ft from tower
Djakh 440ft from tower
Kurikgix 400ft from tower
Rooshkdor 160ft from tower
Klioth 520ft from tower
Blackheart 520ft from tower

THEChanger
2011-09-26, 10:00 PM
Blackheart howled with rage as the rocks tumbled down into him. He charged at the tower, moving with speed surprising for his decaying form. They would pay for damaging him.
Running. 160 move speed while running. I'll be there soon, you little twits...

dspeyer
2011-09-28, 06:00 AM
"So much for subtlety" Waelnt mutters, then breaks into a run herself, trusting the others to draw the guards' attention.

(round 3)
Move Silently: [roll0] hopefully plus some circumstance bonuses for the guards being distracted.

Trodon
2011-09-28, 11:54 AM
Klioth runs at the tower.

Run action, 160ft per round

Iceforge
2011-10-02, 08:56 AM
The group broke into runs to approach the tower quickly, the guards at the door went up and opened the door and started to move inside, 3 making it inside right away, with the last standing back, holding the door.
The mounted guard broke into a stride on the horse, away from the monsters and past the tower, following the path further west.

Rooshkdor

The guards on top the tower seemed very organized. One of them dropped a horn and grabbed a spyglass, scouting out and shouted orders "fixture 5, fixture 5", Rooshkdor could barely hear the guard shout, as the guard pointed the spyglass down towards Rooshkdor's approaching friends.
As he shouted, one of the other 2 guards tilted the mounted ballista backwards and the last guard grapped a small wooden stick that the end of the ballista had been resting on, moved it and mounted it into some kind of fixture, before the tilting guard spinned the ballista slightly and put it back down on the wooden sticks new position, the weapon loaded and ready to fire again next round.

Waelnt:

It did not appear to Waelnt as if anybody has noticed her even through she was running, the loud noises of the boulders behind and the clearly approaching enemies appeared to have concealed her sprinting advancement in the shadows.
As Waelnt moved this far ahead, she could see the side of the tower had small windows, the easy kind, basicly just sockets into the wall without any glass or bars it appeared, would be easy to use as a way of entry. The first of them was in 2nd story height, about 20ft off the ground and appeared to be a new one every 10ft until the top of the tower

Positions:

Waelnt: 320ft to tower
Djakh 280ft to tower
Kurigix 200ft to tower
Krokuta and his dogs 420ft to tower
Rooshkdor 160ft to tower
Klioth 360ft to tower
Blackheart 360ft to tower
Guard holding door 5ft from tower
Riding guard: 50ft from tower (west side)

Initiative (round 3)

Waelnt*has acted
Djakh*has acted
Kurikgix*has acted
Guards*has acted
Krokuta
Rooshkdor
Klioth
Blackheart

Re'ozul
2011-10-02, 12:59 PM
As he stands on the slightly swaying mass of rubble held together by the nets, Rooshkdor brims with excitement.
Taking a good look at the Guards on the Tower, he decides the two working the ballista are most likely the more important target.
He slowly raises his bows to shoulder height, his other hands finding the focus point for the luminescent bowstrings like an old friend.
He sighs in rapture as the lights of his bows again erupt after such a long time. As he pulls the ethereal strings taught sparks flow inwards forming arrow shaped lights.

Targetting the guards, his smile morphs into a deranged grin and once more, after a felt eternity since his last mission The Far Death joins battle.

Okay, Since race and class have so many things for these attacks, they will be structured the following.

Each attack that has iterative attacks will be made in Blocks.
Each Block consists of the attacks for one BAB setting/rapid shots equivalent.
In character it consists of the two shots he lets loose via his two bows.
Since he has two attack rolls per attack (as he can redirect a missed shot towards a close enemy) I will roll those but only one damage roll.

Rooshkdor ignores non-total cover and wind-walls.
If in one of the Blocks a shot misses both targets (primary and redirected), all shots in all subsequent Blocks get a +4 to the attack roll (Woodland Archer).

Now without further ado:

Target Selection in this Full-attack:
Primary Target for any Shot is the guard operating (moving/aiming/shooting) the ballista. The Redirected shot target in this situation is the guard changing the stick (loading the ballista I think)
Should the operating-guard die, the changin-guard becomes the primary and the scope-guard becomes the redirected. If the changing guard dies first, the scope guard becomes the redirected and the operating-guard stays primary.
All damage is force damage and as such bypasses damage reduction but not resistance to force.

Block 1

Shot 1:
primary: [roll0]
redirected: [roll1]
damage: [roll2] force damage

Shot 2:
primary: [roll3]
redirected: [roll4]
damage: [roll5] force damage

Block 2

Shot 1:
primary: [roll6]
redirected: [roll7]
damage: [roll8] force damage

Shot 2:
primary: [roll9]
redirected: [roll10]
damage: [roll11] force damage

Block 3

Shot 1:
primary: [roll12]
redirected: [roll13]
damage: [roll14] force damage

Shot 2:
primary: [roll15]
redirected: [roll16]
damage: [roll17] force damage

Lyndworm
2011-10-04, 02:12 AM
Krokuta and his pack break into a run, continuing along the path.

Using the Run action to move 120ft forward.

Iceforge
2011-10-06, 07:01 PM
A hail of arrows flew from one of the ledges to the tower, as the last guard made it inside and the tower door was closed behind him.

The guard riding away broke into a full gallop, laying distance to the tower rapidly, as the monsters approached the tower quickly

Rooshkdor

Rooshkdor's arrows seeked true, slaying all of the 3 guards on top of the tower

Positions:

Waelnt: 160ft
Djakh: 120ft
Kurigix: 70ft
Krokuta: 300ft
Rooshkdor: 160ft
Klioth: 200ft
Blackheart: 200ft
Guard riding away: 300ft to the west of tower

Waelnt:

Waelnt safely reaches the north-western wall of the tower, just as he sees the last of the guards dart inside the tower, followed by a high sound as Kurigix rams into the door, but no sound of it breaking goes through the air.

Lyndworm
2011-10-07, 05:57 AM
The gnoll and his dire hyenas continue running.

stanleyindraven
2011-10-07, 08:54 AM
"Shoot the horse," Djakh yells out as he runs straight for the door of the tower, ready to bear his fist through it.

Ursus the Grim
2011-10-07, 11:41 AM
Kurikgix chuckled as he continued to surge forward. He was leading the attack, and he knew it. They mocked him, called him foul, uncouth, simple. But they followed him into battle, whether they meant to or not.

"Blackheart, you seem reluctant to join the battle!" he barked, a jest and a challenge as he dashed towards the nearest unfortunate soul with no small amount of force.

Charging Minotaur Maneuver
Opposed Strength Check as part of Charging Bull Rush.
[roll0]
If I win, I deal [roll1] damage plus energy drain. I also push him back 5 feet, plus another 5 feet for every 5 points that I beat him by. Unlike a normal bull rush, I don't provoke attacks of opportunity, nor do I have to follow him if I push him back further.

Re'ozul
2011-10-07, 12:50 PM
The sight of his enemies crumbling fills Rooshkdor with both elation and sadness. These were not challenging enemies.

His sight falls on the rider, disappearing into the distance.
While most likely just as pathetically weak as the others at least he would prove more of a challenge to hit.

If in one of the Blocks a shot misses both primary and redirected target, all shots in all subsequent Blocks get a +4 to the attack roll (Woodland Archer).

Primary target is the rider, redirected target is his horse.

All damage is force damage and as such bypasses damage reduction but not resistance to force.

Block 1

Shot 1:
redirected: [roll1]
damage: [roll2] force damage

Shot 1:
primary: [roll3]
redirected: [roll4]

Block 2

Shot 1:
redirected: [roll7]
damage: [roll8] force damage

Shot 1:
primary: [roll9]
redirected: [roll10]

Block 3

Shot 1:
primary: [roll12]
redirected: [roll13]
damage: [roll14] force damage

Shot 1:
primary: [roll15]
redirected: [roll16]
damage: [roll17] force damage

Iceforge
2011-10-18, 07:49 PM
Just as the door was slammed closed, Kurigix barged into it to push it back open and slam down the guard on the other side, but the door did not barge the slightest bit, it appeared to Kurigix he had hit the door the wrong way, failing to push it with all his might.

From above, a hail of arrows flew through the air, striking down the guard riding away, making him fall off the horse to the ground, while the horse, altho injured, still kept running off into the distance

Rolls:

Opposed Strength including door bonus[roll0]

Position:

Waelnt: At the Northwest side of the tower
Djakh: At the tower door
Kurigix: Shoulder planted against the tower door
Guards: Inside, horse riding off in the distance at 550ft west of the tower
Rooshkdor: 160ft from tower
Klioth: 40ft from tower
Blackheart: 40ft from tower

stanleyindraven
2011-10-18, 08:32 PM
Djakh will attack the wall of the tower.

Flurry, this seems silly.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Ursus the Grim
2011-10-18, 09:08 PM
Kurikgix bellows in frustration as he hits the door wrong, causing him to bounce of impotently. He was expecting to meet flesh, not thick wood. He had not prepared himself for this. Had he been ready, the door would be splinters right now. Instead, he took out his frustration by giving the door another heave. If the door was not flush, it could not be locked. He could still force his way in, he believed, by planting his clawed feet solidly and exerting himself.

In other words, wish I had readied Mountain Hammer Strike. Opposed Strength Check?
[roll0]

Add 2 to that for Stonefoot Stance, which will end if he gets in.

Re'ozul
2011-10-19, 06:00 AM
Not one to let a wounded prey escape, Rooshkdor licks his lips in excitement as he once more targets the horse.

'Yes, run my lovely, you are not much but it's so fun to have something resembling a challenge after so long.'

If in one of the Blocks a shot misses all shots in all subsequent Blocks get a +4 to the attack roll (Woodland Archer).

Primary target is the horse, redirected target does not exist.

Block 1

Shot 1:
damage: [roll1] force damage

Shot 2:
primary: [roll2]
damage: [roll3] force damage

Block 2

Shot 1:
primary: [roll4]

Shot 2:
damage: [roll7] force damage

Block 3

Shot 1:
primary: [roll8]
damage: [roll9] force damage

Shot 2:
primary: [roll10]

Lyndworm
2011-10-20, 12:54 AM
Krokuta continues to run, followed by his hyenas.

THEChanger
2011-10-20, 08:23 PM
"Get out of the way, Kurikgix." Blackheart was no longer playing. Heedless of whether or not Kurikgix was out of the way, he charged, full force, into the door, throwing all of his weight into it. Granted, he was a little lighter than he used to be, but his prey was inside. And he was hungry.

I think the appropriate representation of what I'm trying to do would be a charging slam attack into the door. So....
To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-Slam:[roll1]+Darkened Strike(Does negative energy apply to doors?):[roll2]

dspeyer
2011-10-20, 09:44 PM
As she approaches the tower, Waelnt breaks into a run (no need for subtlety with them banging on the door) and leaps up on the wall of the tower, then climbs fast for the first window. Once she reaches the window, she reverts to stealth and pulls her head up just enough to peek in.

jump (need 3ft plus native 2ft reach): [roll0]
climb (accelerated to go 15ft): [roll1]
hide: [roll2]

This is just my move action. I'll pick a standard action once I know what's inside the window. Also, can I squeeze my tiny body through the window?

Iceforge
2011-10-21, 04:22 AM
Waelnt:

As Waelnt peeked inside, he found the first floor to be one large room with stairs leading up in the far side from the door.
The first floor was a very tall floor, the ceiling a bit above the height of this window, but the reason became obvious, as Waelnt lifted his head slightly and saw the oversized head of one of the guards inside; This human was large size at least

dspeyer
2011-10-21, 11:57 PM
Can I see what's holding the door closed?

Also, how many guards and armed with what?

Iceforge
2011-10-22, 05:38 AM
The enlarged guard is holding a halberd and is wearing a breastplate armor.
The enlarged guard, seems to be totally focusing their attention towards the door, so Waelnt could carefully lift his head more and look down at ground level.
A Single guard of the 5 guards in the room, was holding the door, while the 3 others was drinking potions from a small cabinet by the wall opposit the window from which Waelnt was peeking inside

OOC:
Enlarged guard with halberd and breastplate armor
Guard at door in breastplate and not holding any weapon (leaning his back against the door) but got a sword and shield hefted to his belt
3 Guards drinking potions also in breast plate, one of them got a shield and sword combination like the guard holding the door, the 2 others got longspears resting against the wall behind them.

dspeyer
2011-10-22, 08:02 PM
Waelnt reaches inside her own mind for her fey heritage, and then outside to spew confusion into the guards' minds, making especially sure to catch the one by the door and then as many of the rest as possible.

Confusion SLA is a 15' burst, for 7 rounds, will negates, dc 17

Iceforge
2011-10-23, 04:19 AM
Right as the loud, almost explosion like, sound of Djakh crushing and pulverizing a few inches of solid stone of the wall, stops filling the air, the door slams open, leaving a guard, babbling incoherently laying on the floor inside, while large sized guard, probarly enlarged by magical means, wearing breastplate like the rest, but with a big halberd, take a swing against Blackheart.
There are 3 other guards in there, another draws his sword and shield and moves to the other side of the door to block the rest of the party to enter, before also taking a swing at Blackheart. His outline is blurry and hard to make out.
One of the last 2 guards runs screaming towards one of the opposit corners, and as he passed the last guard, he is stabbed with a longspear in the back, while the betrayer guard laughs hysterically.

Blackheart and Kurigix

The sword and shield guard provokes an attack of opportunity from the two of you

Enlarged Guards attack

To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Shield and Sword Guards attack (if he survives that long)

To Hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Longspear Guards attack on allied

To Hit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

OOC:

Attacks against the shield and sword guard got a 20% miss chance, please remember that as you roll your attacks.
The Enlarged guard is using reach, going to him provokes attacks of opportunity, and the path is blocked right infront of the enlarged guard by the guard laying on the floor, babbling incoherently

Waelnt

Waelnt could feel that two of the guards managed to resist his confusion, the enlarged guard and the one with the sword and shield.

Rooshkdor

The horse drops dead from Rooshkdor's last volley of arrows

Positions:

Waelnt: North-west side of tower
Djakh: smashing a hole in the stone wall besides the door
Kurigix: Standing at the door
Krokuta: 60ft from the door
Klioth: Standing right behind Kurigix and Blackheart
Blackheart: standing at the door
Shield/Sword Guard: Right hand side inside the door
Prone Guard: 5ft inside the door, at the feet of enlarged guard
Enlarged guard: Standing 10ft inside from the door
Attacked Guard: Cowering in the left-hand side far corner with a spear-sized hole in his back
Attacking Guard: Left hand side wall, about 20ft from door, laughing hysterically, holding a longspear

Initiative

Waelnt*has acted
Djakh*has acted
Kurikgix*has acted
Guards*has acted
Krokuta
Rooshkdor
Klioth
Blackheart

stanleyindraven
2011-10-24, 08:22 AM
"Draw them out or drop the tower on them," Djakh calls out to his companions.

Re'ozul
2011-10-24, 03:58 PM
Nearly letting himself go with elation Rooshkdor throws back his head letting out a series of bellowing laughs as he finally feels alive again.

Eyeing the one prone guard he can make out, he dismisses him as he jumps onto the mountainside trying to skid down to ground level.

Balance Check: [roll0] vs DC 32
Tumble Check: [roll1] vs DC 15

Lyndworm
2011-10-25, 05:26 PM
Finally nearing his destination, Krokuta begins to slow down. The gnoll signals to his pets to slow as well, and draws his club.

Double-Move action to move 60ft forward (standing in front of the entrance) and draw the tigerskull club.

Iceforge
2011-10-28, 08:10 AM
As the blurry guard made his way past the door, both Kurigix and Blackheart took a swing at him, Kurigix only hitting the blurry trail behind the guard, while Blackheart struck true.
On the following attacks, the guard focused on Blackhearts attacks, managing to guard himself against the flail with his shield, but leaving himself open for Kurigix attack, which made him fall lifelessly to the ground.
Krokuta and his pets reached the rest by the door, Krokuta drew his mighty tigerskull club, ready to join the action, while behind them all, Rooshkdor slided down the mountainside, almost surfing over the hard rock surface, almost reaching the bottom before he lost his footing, but he managed to roll on the mountainside, rolling down unharmed to the ground and on his feet.

Meanwhile, inside the castle, some confusion was abound.
The prone guard and the one who had just stabbed a friend in the back, was babbling incoherently, doing nothing to aid them, while the guard who was stabbed in the back turned around and casted a spell on himself and the other guards, except the one who had stabbed him moments ago, and they seemed to move with unnatural swiftness.
The enlarged guard, having failed to hit Blackheart, swung at Kurikgix

Blackheart:

Blackheart recognized and identified the spell as a haste spell

Rooshkdor

Rooshkdor heard a low gasp behind him and a familiar voice spoke "You must have feet and balance like Kord himself!".
The peasant seemed mighty impressed with Rooshkdor's stunt

Enlarged Guard Attack

Attack 1:
To hit: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Attack 2:
To hit: [roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Positions:

Waelnt: North-west side of tower
Djakh: smashing a hole in the stone wall besides the door
Kurigix: Standing at the door
Krokuta: 60ft from the door
Klioth: Standing right behind Kurigix and Blackheart
Blackheart: standing at the door
Prone Guard: 5ft inside the door, at the feet of enlarged guard
Enlarged guard: Standing 10ft inside from the door
Attacked Guard: Cowering in the left-hand side far corner with a spear-sized hole in his back
Attacking Guard: Left hand side wall, about 20ft from door, laughing hysterically, holding a longspear

Initiative

Waelnt*has acted
Djakh*has acted
Kurikgix*has acted
Guards*has acted
Krokuta
Rooshkdor
Klioth
Blackheart

Lyndworm
2011-10-31, 07:55 AM
Standing at the entrance to the tower, Krokuta surveys the chaos around him. The gnoll's face splits into a cruel sneer as he once more signals his pets, this time to stay put. Krokuta's fur spontaneously grows longer and shaggier, taking on a darker, grayer tone than its usual tawny. At the same time, his arms and legs lengthen and his whole body becomes thicker and more heavily muscled. His normally bestial face has become grotesque, lengthening and widening, bulging with bone-shattering power. An eerie, low-pitched cackle escapes from between Krokuta's lips, now pulled into a snarl. Both hands clutch his tigerskull club as he stalks towards the guard that cast the spell.

Standard action to shift using Greater Animal Bond. Move action to approach the guard.

Krokuta's Statistics:
Krokuta d'Ba Bouda (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=322269)
Male Neutral Evil Gnoll RHD 2/Hyenalord 7, Level 9, Init +8, HP 104/104 (Norm 76), DR -, Speed 30ft
AC 26, Touch 15, Flat-footed 23, Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus +8/+3
+1 Warning Tigerskull Club +17 (1d8+13 | +9, 20/x4)
Bite +16 | +11 (3d6+12 | +8, 20/x2)
Dagger +16 (1d4+8, 19-20/x2)
+1 Darkleaf Breastplate (+6 Armor, +3 Dex, +5 Natural, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 26, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 12

Re'ozul
2011-10-31, 10:54 AM
The near fall having sobered him up slightly, Rooshkdor spares a glance at the peasant.

"Not quite. It appears I am somewhat out of practise."

He then looks towards the tower and shakes a bit of stiffness from his bones before adressing the peasant again not even bothering to look at him.

"The horseman that left the tower has fallen by my bow. Should you decide to try and use our preoccupation with the remaining guards to escape, you will share his fate."

Having shaken off the last bit of undue terror from the near fall he then sets out towards the tower.

Run towards the tower. 160' run-speed. That should get me all the way to the tower.

THEChanger
2011-11-03, 06:11 PM
Blackheart stepped in close to the larger guard. He could care less about the increase in speed his enemies had just recieved. Their magic would not save them. Blackheart swung his flail towards his enemy, feeling unholy might guiding his motions. It's touch would drain the very life from this human, causing him to draw ever closer to his appointed demise. And maybe Blackheart would get a new playmate.
Using one of my 26 uses of Energy Drain with my Flail attack. The DC to remove it is 26.
To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
If he dies....in fact, if I kill any of them...they become my undead slaves! In anywhere between 1 and 4 hours.

Iceforge
2011-11-13, 07:27 PM
Rooshkdor ran up and met with the others, as Krokuta made his way inside, going straight for the guard in the far corner, having an attack made against him as he advanced forward

Attack of Opportunity

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Blackheart then moved inside, closing with the enlarged guard and hit him with his flail, powerful energies swirling with his attack, making the guard drop down lifeless to the ground

The guard infront of Krokuta started weaving magical energies, trying to concentrate while avoiding attacks

Concentration+Spell

Concentration Check vs. DC18 [roll2]
If successfull, Krokuta needs to make a DC 16 Will save or become paralyzed, unable to take any action, not even speech

The last standing guard kept babbling incoherently, while the prone guard started to crawl away towards the corner away from the window to the side of the tower by the door, providing an excellent opportunity for Blackheart to deliver an easy blow

Lyndworm
2011-11-14, 05:03 PM
Dodging the guard's attack, Krokuta continues to pursue the spellcaster. Preparing to strike the man, the gnoll is hit with a spell. Pausing for a moment, he manages to force the intruding magics from his mind. Emitting another ominous cackle, Krokuta resumes his attack on the guard, sending his club flying out to meet him.

Full-attacking the spellcasting guard. Each attack is a trip attempt, unless the previous attack was successful in its trip attempt.

Potential Attacks:
Club Trip Attempt 1:
[roll0]

Strength Check 1:
[roll1]

Follow-up Club Attack 1:
[roll2]

Club Damage 1:
[roll3]

Club Trip Attempt 2:
[roll4]

Strength Check 2:
[roll5]

Follow-up Club Attack 2:
[roll6]

Club Damage 2:
[roll7]

Bite Trip Attempt 3:
[roll8]

Strength Check 3:
[roll9]

Follow-up Bite Attack 1:
[roll10]

Bite Damage 1:
[roll11]

stanleyindraven
2011-11-15, 08:25 AM
Djakh will attack the wall once more.

Flurry
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Ursus the Grim
2011-11-15, 04:51 PM
Kurikgix, realizing his bulk is blocking most of the door frame, enters the room to help clear the mess up.

Kurikgix will take a five foot step to M13. From there he can swing at either PG or EG, in that order, depending on who is still standing. Please don't forget the 10-foot reach for determining AoOs (again).:smallbiggrin:

Claws
[roll0] for [roll1] damage.
[roll2] for [roll3] damage.

Bite
[roll4] for [roll5] damage.

First hit this turn deals a negative level, too.

dspeyer
2011-11-16, 01:14 AM
Seeing her allies have things well in hand, Waelnt ascends the outside of the tower to the next level and peeks in the window there.

Climb: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Assuming the window is within 15 feet, this is only a move action. Standard to follow when I see what's inside.