PDA

View Full Version : Any templates for outsider?

astrerouge
2011-08-26, 12:59 PM
Hello dear playgrounders!
I am currently in search of a good template for outsider charachter,especially nerra for the game in which I died.
I can buy another 4 LA so could you please give me some good templates?
Thank you in advance!

Urpriest
2011-08-26, 01:03 PM
Lichfiend is kinda cool if you've got the free LA. I've forgotten whether Nerra are evil though, or whether Lichfiend requires evil.

Groverfield
2011-08-26, 03:18 PM
Is this (for) outsiders, or (for becoming) an outsider?
Half-Celestial's not bad, +4LAdj, and half a cleric worth of per day SLA, it makes you an outsider, and can be applied to outsiders. If you're already an outsider, I think Half-Golem can be applied to outsiders, but it is +0 and has risks*.

Others that can apply to Outsiders: Half-dragon (+3LAdj), ectopic(+2LAdj)... there's a few other that I thought had LAdj's that don't...

AMFV
2011-08-26, 05:17 PM
Is this (for) outsiders, or (for becoming) an outsider?
Half-Celestial's not bad, +4LAdj, and half a cleric worth of per day SLA, it makes you an outsider, and can be applied to outsiders. If you're already an outsider, I think Half-Golem can be applied to outsiders, but it is +0 and has risks*.

Others that can apply to Outsiders: Half-dragon (+3LAdj), ectopic(+2LAdj)... there's a few other that I thought had LAdj's that don't...

Actually Half-Golem is LA: -. No listed LA, therefore it is not designed for player consumption. Saint is a good one, it's LA +2 and gives you a crap ton of awesome for both those LA, I would take that and then 2 of something else. Without build specifics it is difficult to say what would benefit you most.

Groverfield
2011-08-27, 06:05 AM
Actually Half-Golem is LA: -. No listed LA, therefore it is not designed for player consumption. Saint is a good one, it's LA +2 and gives you a crap ton of awesome for both those LA, I would take that and then 2 of something else. Without build specifics it is difficult to say what would benefit you most.

While this is true in the errata, the original entry has a "Half-Golems as characters" which in those days implied that it was meant to be playable, and because it doesn't list what effective level you would start play at, or adjust play to, like it does with other entries in the book (Yak Folk are the first that come to my sight,) the level adjustment that might come from it is considered paid off in the expensive materials required to construct it, and from the potential loss of your character's playability permanently on a failed Will save...
Although yeah, I can now see the exclusion of this as a playable template: -6 INT and CHA, I can see why it was banned.

astrerouge
2011-08-27, 09:07 AM
Well I was planning on going sorcerer but depending on the choice of template and their bonus,I could change but i like spontanous caster better than most classes if that can help.
Thanks again.

On a side note,I need a template that can be applied to outsider like the nerras(people from the plane of mirror)

Essence_of_War
2011-08-27, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure you can apply Draconic then Half-Dragon to get the benefits of both.

If you want to go half-fiend or half-celestial, there is precedent for re-arranging the stat bonuses based on which type of fiend you're descended from (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a). A half-succubus, for example is suggested:
Str +2, Dex +2, Int +4, and Cha +8

While a half-glabrezu might be:
Str +6, Con +6, Int +2, and Cha +2

A half-succubus would make a pretty sick sorcerer.