PDA

View Full Version : Sots 2

Emmerask
2011-08-26, 05:31 PM
To hell with Skyrim, Deus ex and all these other titles.

Sword of the Stars 2 is coming soon and I canīt wait for it, I was a huge fan of the first one with all the expansions and what they have done with the second looks extremely promising.

For me this will be the game of the year, Iīm pretty sure about that
So I canīt be the only one who bis giddy with anticipation for a new 4x game, can I?

Disclaimer: Iīm looking forward to skyrim but it really pales in comparison to a new space 4x game :smallwink:

Drasius
2011-08-26, 06:11 PM
I played the hell out of the 1st one and expansions, I will play the hell out of this one too. Have been waiting for SotS2 for quite a while and am very eager for it to be released, especially considering the massive steaming pile of fail that certain other 4X's have been recently.

Glory to the Ever Victorious Tarka Empire! Let all unworthy challengers be crushed under the overwhelming firepower of our mighty fleets!

Acanous
2011-08-26, 11:15 PM
I am sad and broke, and want to play SotS. It was on for $15 for the whole bundle on Impulse a while ago, and I shed a single tear of misery that my credit's in the ****ter.
But hey, I still have Sins of a Solar Empire. Rebellion has been on preorder a while, so when THAT comes out I can play a new 4X game.

Still, wish I could try SotS, it sounds awesome.

Smight
2011-09-03, 03:53 AM
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/09/sots-ii-fan-gathering-2011/

there are some spoilers in the video so be warned

Emmerask
2011-09-03, 08:28 AM
Awesome stuff I must say.

I especially hope that with the new energy/supply/crew ship resource management you need to broaden the spectrum of weapons you use far more then in the first sots, where you kind of put everything into one weapon category mostly.

Also the lords of winter look badass ^^

/edit
oh and has anyone heard anything about modability yet?