PDA

View Full Version : L5R- Kaeru Daisho (IC)

Urien
2011-08-27, 11:08 AM
Some months ago, you were one or the young samurai whose Gempukku was successful in the topaz championship. The last championship was an important one, since some members of the emperor's family came to see the event.

Some days ago an imperial emissary came to your dojo with an important message:

“As soon as possible you will travel to kaeru daisho, where you will meet a group of young samurais. You will travel without any Mon or distinctive feature, as a ronin. In kaeru daisho you will find Usagi Mitsuro who will tell you what has to be done”
The scroll is signed with the imperial seal.

Being adressed by the emperor is a great honour even if the circumstances are so strange, so you are allowed to leave your duties and you travel to kaeru daisho as soon as it is possible for you.

Kaeru daisho is a small but flourishing town really close to Shinomen Mori, in Imperial Lands. There is an enormous rice plantation where many farmers are working hard, since this year the weather has been really gentle. The heimin try to avoid you, which is not strange since you are ronin.

As you get closer to the town There are two hare samurai guarding the entrance.

SwanyUSD
2011-08-27, 04:48 PM
Doji Koshiro

Upon reading the scroll, Koshiro contemplates his actions. Stepping into his wash room, he pulls out a bottle of black dye, and sighing deeply, begins to ritually dye his hair, using the same care and techniques that he would use for bleach, thus removing the last trace of his beautiful Doji heritage. He carefully unwraps the silver and blue silk of his Kakita Blade, and replaces it with a fresh white silk wrapping.

Walking around the rice paddies, Koshiro takes in the breadth of the Imperial plantation. Garbed in a plain kimono, hakima pants, and a straw hat, the ronin Koshiro strides towards the Hare bushi. Bowing (while expecting none in return), Koshiro plainly states, "My name is Koshiro, and I have been summoned, Usagi-samas. May I enter?"

Rolls

Intelligence/Lore (Heraldry), to recognize their clan surname. I just assumed Usagi, but I can change it easy enough. (3k2)
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit: Looks like I get a 20.

Archwizard
2011-08-29, 01:10 AM
Masazumi expresses his deep gratitude to his Sensei for his guidance and departs from his dojo and his lands as directed by the Imperial letter.

Approaching the Hare bushi Masazumi bows respectfully and says, "I am looking for Usagi Mitsuro, would you honored sirs be able to assist me?"

Gargulec
2011-08-29, 06:09 AM
Shinjo Nariko

A direct order from the Emerald Throne! She could scarcely believe that, reading the scroll again and again, believing that she misunderstood something. It was a grand honour indeed, even if the reasons behind it were inscrutable. Especially since Nariko was barely a women grown, fifteen years old.

It found Nariko in Phoenix lands were she was to stay in many years to come, training as one of the famed Shiba yojimbo, despite her own ancestry being of the Unicorn Clan. She was send here - along with her younger sister, Shinjo Kochamon as a part of an exchange to seal the treaty between the two clans. She has not seen her sister since, for she was to become a shugenja and thus was currently training at Kyunden Isawa, under the careful eye of greatest shugenjas of the Emerald Empire.

Immediately after receiving the order and leave from her duties and go on a musha shugyo, so that she does not dishonour her ancestors pretending to be ronin, but become one in truth, Nariko composed a brief, but warm letter to her sister, informing her of the grand honour she was granted.

She departed next morning, wearing an unassuming, grey kimono, setting out on the long journey through the lands of the various clans, towards the distant Shinoment Mori and the city of Kareu Daisho.

Arriving at Kareu Daisho, Nariko looked a lot worse for wear. Her kimono was damaged and dusty, her sandals barely holding together, her skin deeply tanned from the long exposure the warmth of the sun. Nonetheless, she was happy to finally arrive at her destination, and eager to see how could she be of service.

Wordlessly, she bowed deeply to the guards at the gatehouse and presented her travelling papers for them to see.

'May I ask for directions to the city's daimyo, to notify him of my presence?' she asked softly.

Urien
2011-08-30, 03:01 PM
Sweany : as Koshiro get closer to the samurais (clearly wearing the mon of the usagi family) guarding the door they stare at him and one of them speaks authoritatively.

Freeze there ronin! What brings you to Kaeru Daisho? Depending on your answer I may let you enter

"My name is Koshiro, and I have been summoned, Usagi-samas. May I enter?"

Wait here young ronin, Mitsuro's assitant will come soon and tell you if you are allowed to enter

While he is speaking with the samurai another guy arrives. He is more or less the same age as you, while he is taller and muscular.

I am looking for Usagi Mitsuro, would you honored sirs be able to assist me?"

Wait here, I guess that guy is also here for the same reason so you will have to wait for the last "guest". Whenever she arrives someone will come to guide you.

Roll Inteligence to check if you recognice each other since you met in the last topaz championship TN10)

Gargulec: When the sunlight is fading Nariko arrives to Kaeru Daisho. Now, four samurais are guarding the entrance. They are not hostile toward who seems to be a young samurai ko, it seems that they were waiting for her.

'May I ask for directions to the city's daimyo, to notify him of my presence?' she asked softly.

'Sure, that two other guys are also wai....'

'Don't worry Kenshiro-san, i'm here yet. I didn't want our guests to wait outside the town when there is no light... so I came. And it seems that the timing has been perfect' Who has speaked is a young and beautiful woman, wearing a yellow kimono approaches from behind. The samurai respectfully bows the woman 'Hello young lady I'm Fuyuko..and if i'm not wrong, you are Nariko, am I?'

Any of you can roll Heraldry/inteligence to determine the woman's affiliation when you see her.
Some RP needed prior to Nariko's arrival.

Gargulec
2011-08-30, 03:19 PM
The Shinjo bushi bowed deeply again, not straightening for a few breaths. The customs of this land were strange, she thought for a moment, a peculiar thought for an Unicorn - but, truth be told, she considered herself more of a Phoenix than Unicorn after her training, there was a bit too much of Shiba in her now.

'Indeed, I bore that name, Fuyuku-sama she replied politely. 'But I left it along with my ancestor's sword at Shiro Shiba when I embarked on warrior's pilgrimage. Now, I go by name Azusa.'

She observed the women carefully, trying not to eye her too curiously. She did not study heraldry as extensively as she should when in the dojo, but she had some basic knowledge, as every samurai should.

Unskilled Heraldry roll, go.
[roll0]

SwanyUSD
2011-08-30, 06:29 PM
Checks first, then the post.

Intelligence to recognize Matsu Masazumi, 2k2.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit: 5 - fail.

Intelligence/Heraldry to recognize her Clan mon, 3k2.
[roll2]
[roll3]
Edit: 33! Amazing.

Doji Koshiro

Koshiro bows deeply to the lady, Greetings, Lady Fuyuko-sama, I am humbled by your grace and beauty; you honor us for politely greeting we humble pilgrims. Glancing at his fellow ronin, he nods, Hello, fellow travelers. I am Koshiro. It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. It would seem that we arrive with similar goals, but our journeys were... varied. he intones, casually glancing at the grime covering the female ronin. Continuing, Fuyuko-sama, would you be able to direct us to Usagi Mitsuro? It would seem we are all here to provide our sword arms, and services.

Archwizard
2011-08-31, 04:29 AM
Rolls:
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2]
Oops, forgot to rollv the exploding, not that it mattered...