PDA

View Full Version : World's Largest Dungeon - Group 1 IC

Pages : [1] 2

Archwizard
2011-08-27, 04:04 PM
Your group has left the safety of their town, setting off in search of a dungeon rumored to be the largest one known. The stories say that it is up in the hills and mountains and that its existence was only revealed due to recent earthquakes that shook the area.

After almost a week of crossing hills and plains you finally reach the mountains. The climb is rocky and certainly not the easiest ever undertaken, but you manage to continue your ascent without too much difficulty. As you get higher, you notice numerous tracks of different creatures begin to pass through the area you are climbing.

The tracks appear to lead towards a cave, and the ground levels off as you approach it. Suddenly, you realize that what you had thought was a boulder formation near the cave entrance is actually the prone form of a dead man, except that's the size of a galleon. As you inspect more, you notice that he is clearly dead and decomposing, but you do not smell anything....

Marching Order
{table=head] Single File | Double File
{table=head]Name | Position
Sir Gabriel | First
Arlayna | Second
Rennes | Third
Westlay | Fourth
Seth | Fifth
Kors | Sixth[/table] | {table=head]Name | Position
Sir Gabriel | Front
Arlayna | Front
Rennes | Middle
Westlay | Middle
Seth | Rear
Kors | Rear[/table][/table]

Sleep Shifts
{table=head] Eight Hour Rest | Ten Hour Rest
{table=head]Name | Shift
Rennes | First
Sir Gabriel | Second
Arlayna | Third & Fourth
Westlay | None
Kors | None
Seth | None[/table] | {table=head] Name | Shift
Kors | First
Rennes | First & Second
Arlayna | Second, Third & Fourth
Sir Gabriel | Third & Fourth
Seth | Fifth
Westlay | Fifth[/table][/table]

Door Procedure
#1. Rennes checks for traps, then disarms/listens/disables device whils the others stay at a safe distance.
#2. Rennes retires to the rear of the group. Kors goes through first, followed by Arlayna and Sir Gabriel, then the others.
#3. If clear, resume standard column.

Current Map
http://bfb.bogleg.org/~whitewolf/WLD_room_2.png

Everyone is a star in their speech color.
Animals belonging to people are diamonds of that color.
Grey Star = Enemy
Scale is 1 square = 5'x5'.
Solid Grey = Stone.
Solid Black = ????
White Line = Door
Yellow Line = Trapped Door
I added grid references.

Full Map
http://bfb.bogleg.org/~whitewolf/WLD_map_full.png

Scale = 1 square is 5'x5'.
White Line = Regular Door
Grey Line = Secret Door
Yellow Line = Trapped Door

Mr.Christie
2011-08-27, 04:41 PM
Sir Gabriel walked up to the decomposing corpse and asked, "What foul beast could have killed a giant of such stature? Surely it must have been of grand size. We should take cation as we head into the belly of the dungeon.

TurtleKing
2011-08-27, 05:02 PM
Westlay looks around rolls his Lucky Dice. Lucky Dice: Swift action activation. Add a +1 luck bonus to attack and damage, saving throws, or ability and skill checks. Roll 2d6 if "7" apply to all. Lasts till the end of next round. Rolling 2d6 [3] eh no dice and applying to my ability and skill checks. >.>

What makes you think it was something fowl? Though a fowl that take that down is interesting.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-27, 08:57 PM
One of the more unusual members of the group is a runty kobold, barely over two-and-half feet tall. A pair of dark-tinted goggles shield his beady red eyes from the harsh light of the sun. You know him as Rennes, or 'Wren.' What he was doing away from his kin he has not said, but when you approached him about the dungeon job he seemed willing to help. He claims to be an expert with traps; given how many dungeons are notorious for being trapped, it seemed wise to bring him along.

He hasn't spoken much since the journey began, mostly keeping to himself. He's participated in the few discussions concerning strategy so far, about marching order and other procedures once you've entered the dungeon; otherwise, he's been loath to chat.

The corpse is made even more titanic from Rennes' stunted perspective. He glances around, his head moving almost bird-like. His voice is high-pitched, yet gravely, half a bark and half a squeak.
"This the place?"

RCgothic
2011-08-28, 02:11 AM
Arlayna responds to Sir Gabriel as if the remark were directed to her personally with all of her usual terseness.

I don't know. We should keep moving.

To the kobold, she grins, and gestures her bow towards the cave entrance.

Over there.

ufis
2011-08-28, 02:45 AM
The lack of scent concerns me.
"Anyone else not smelling the corpse?"

Dandria
2011-08-28, 03:37 AM
Foul, Sir Gabriel?

Asks the warrior, while looking around and repeatedly tapping the snowy ground with his sword.

Foul I don’t know, but it must have been a worthy opponent to take down something this size. I can only hope the giant fell fighting. Anyway, the lady is right: we should really keep moving. Forward and onward and all that.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-28, 10:52 AM
The kobold rubs his snout with a clawed hand, frowning.
"Good nose, Seth. What's wrong with this picture?"
Rennes approaches the massive corpse on the balls of his feet, ready to skitter away at the first sign of danger...

Rennes will search the body for anything suspicious/valuable.
Search: [roll0], +2 if traps are involved.

TurtleKing
2011-08-28, 12:08 PM
GREAT! Glad it doesn't stink or you would be retching' over the side. Besides it is either fresh or just preserved. Though...

Rolling Knowledge: Religion Rilkan has trained in all knowledge skills even without ranks, and adds a +1 as well. 1d20+1 [9]

Dandria
2011-08-28, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry, what?

Snowflakes dance in the freezing air and Kors tightens in his cloak. The little rogue's words echo between the mountains, catching his attention.

Oh, look at that: you guys are right! Gabriel, Arlayna, could you please check the entrance while I make sure that nothing happens to Wren?

Kors follows the kobold, ready to stand between him and eventual enemies. Also, I make my knowledge roll: if it's something religion related I could help

Dandria
2011-08-28, 12:51 PM
Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

RCgothic
2011-08-28, 01:11 PM
Arlayna grimaces. "Doesn't look preserved. Looks rotten through."

She acknowledges Kor's directive with a nod, and moves off towards the cave entrance with her bow held ready.

TurtleKing
2011-08-28, 01:20 PM
Ima rollin my Lucky Dice. Rollin a 2d6 [6] Putting to abilities and skills. Eh no dice. Takes a running jump forward. 1d20-3 [11]

Archwizard
2011-08-28, 01:28 PM
Searching the body, Kors and Rennes find his pockets stuffed with paper. Notes of some sort are written on them, in a language you cannot understand. There do appear to be dates written on most of them (you think, the style is similar to how dates are written in most languages you know). On the far side of the body is a huge halberd, and he's wearing a chain shirt.

Looking into the cave, Arlayna sees a tunnel that extends from the back. It is low and narrow, and almost appears to have been hand-dug. There are tracks and trash everywhere.

RCgothic
2011-08-28, 01:46 PM
This is definitely the entrance! Looks clear! Arlayna half turns and calls over her shoulder.

Rennes, you're up!

Dandria
2011-08-28, 02:23 PM
It seems like we’re wasting our time here, Wren. I have no idea what he was writing about and this stuff is too big for us. Plus, now that I think about, it would be kind of unfair to loot a body that someone else killed.

A pause, and a deep breath.

Ahhh, pointless, you know? Come on, let’s go: Arlayna is calling.

So off he goes, idly swinging the sword and making his way toward the fighter.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-28, 02:40 PM
Rennes rolls up as much of the paper as he can, muttering under his breath.
"One of you big folks mind carrying the papers, at least? Might be we can translate it later. There's magic for that kind of thing..."
The kobold moves up to the entrance, by Arlayna. He sniffs the air, and adjusts his goggles.
"The entrance looks hand-dug. That means it's less likely we'll come across manufactured, high-quality traps. Could still mean we run across amateur stuff, though: pits, snares, tripwires, that kind of thing."
He coughs, and rubs his snout again.
"Right. Let's take this slow. Any of you tall folk need to light a torch or somethin', now's as good a time as any. We won't have daylight for long..."

Rennes will search the immediate area around the entrance, although he's not too concerned at this juncture. If he thinks it's clear, he'll encourage we enter in standard marching order.
Search: [roll0] +2 if traps are about.

RCgothic
2011-08-28, 03:13 PM
Arlayna takes the papers fron Rennes as he passes and stashes them in her backpack. She then gives him a respectful nod and leaves him to his work, she wanders slightly of the path to a safe distance and sits cross-legged in the snow whilst checking her lantern.

Dandria
2011-08-28, 03:28 PM
You wanna take it with you? Sure, why not. I guess we'll have a lot of free time to read, once inside.

Kors cheerfuly laughs, shaking his head and at the same time helping Arayna stashing away the giant scraps of paper.

So, Lady, what do you think of all this? Seems promising, doesn't it? I mean: a dead giant it's not something you see every day.

ufis
2011-08-28, 03:34 PM
"Just get some with the latest dates you can find. It could give us some up to date information."

I will follow down the tunnel when the party moves ahead.

TurtleKing
2011-08-28, 03:59 PM
Gets in line with the rest at his spot. Rollin rollin rollin.

Keeps on rolling his Lucky Dice adding the +1 to ability and skill checks to keep the bonus up and him busy. He is keeping an eye out. 2d6 [6] Perception 1d20+7 [24]

RCgothic
2011-08-28, 04:05 PM
Arlayna smiles at the cleric, and gestures for him to join her as she finally manages to light the lamp.

No, I've never seen a dead giant before, and we should proceed with caution. If this is really the place we think it is, then its discovery will make us all famous.

ufis
2011-08-28, 04:15 PM
"Or all dead" I add with a smile.

Dandria
2011-08-28, 04:33 PM
First time for everything, I guess. I just hope it's not the last: it would be nice to see something like this again. Just, you know, a living one the next time.

He thrusts the sword in to the snow and starts stretching. Behind him, his mule stares quietly at the sky, waiting for orders.

Yeah, I agree: Glory awaits us, but we first have to survive this place. Not a walk in the park, I believe.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-28, 05:22 PM
Gabriel pulls out his lantern from his backpack and begins to light it. "I hope we brought enough supplies to last us through the dungeon. But if it truly is the largest I doubt we will have enough." he said with a somewhat worried tone.

TurtleKing
2011-08-28, 05:47 PM
Bahahaha. Of course we don't have enough. Thats what makes it fun. Just have to see what lies within.

Westlay keeps a watchful eye for anything interesting/suspicous. Perception check+Lucky Dice bonus 1d20+7 [24]

Archwizard
2011-08-28, 07:28 PM
After stashing the papers, the group heads into the tunnel. It's 6' tall by 5' wide, and there continue to be tracks and debris everywhere. The tunnel is lit well enough to see in by the outside light. After about 100' the tunnel opens up into a 75'x75' stone room, that clearly has worked walls and floors. In the northwest corner along the north wall is an iron door, and another one is in the southeast corner along the east wall. You see no obvious signs, markings, or anything else on any of the walls or doors.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-28, 09:11 PM
Rennes lets out a low whistle as the group enters the massive room. He rubs his clawed hands together as he takes a few steps into the space.
"I'll check the doors."
He scuttles off to each door in turn, scrutinizing them for anything amiss.

I'll perform several actions at each door.
First, checking for traps with a Search check, modifier +10 (+12 w/traps)
If no traps are detected, Rennes will put his listening cone against each door and try to hear anything beyond. Perception modifier +5, the listening cone reduces the DC modifier for listening through a door from +5 to +2.
Also, if no traps are detected, he'll check to see if the doors are locked. If so, he'll try and jimmy them open; Open Lock: 1 [roll0], 2: [roll1]

If traps are detected, he'll hit them up with Disable Device, modifier +9.

TurtleKing
2011-08-28, 09:24 PM
Looks like Wren has some brass. Anyone wanna make a bet to see if Wren's Brass can keep him out of trouble? Hehe

L Dice 2d6 [6] Perception 1d20+7 [22]

Archwizard
2011-08-28, 11:10 PM
Rennes goes up to the doors and inspects them thoroughly. They are, as far as he can tell, plain, solid iron doors. He then gets out his listening cone and puts it up against each door. But he cannot hear anything at all.

There are also no locks on the door at all. It appears each door is intended to swing out from the door and into whatever is on the other side.

Westlay looks around, but doesn't detect anything else.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-28, 11:51 PM
"Unless anyone has a better idea, I say we take the door to the left." He said while looking around the area.

ufis
2011-08-29, 12:53 AM
"It looks like we have found the place. Though it does not look that big from here." I'll shrug at any weird looks I get for my comment.

"Hond, heel!" I call to my dog. (It will always walk to my left, or right behind me if there is no place next to me. My raven will sit on my shoulder unless stated otherwise.)

"Left sounds good to me."

TurtleKing
2011-08-29, 01:08 AM
L Dice 2d6 [2] Abilities&skills

Seriously why can't I get a "7"? Meh oh well Snake Eyes are good too. Does it really matter which way we go? Besides that bet is still open. I'll even put a gold to it.

He goes over to the west door dancing a little jig.

Perform Dance 1d20-1+1 aka 1d20 [9]

RCgothic
2011-08-29, 01:15 AM
Arlayna looks bemusedly at Westlay and his slightly clumsy jig, taking up position to one side of the door, ready to rush through it with Sir Gabriel.

Dandria
2011-08-29, 01:29 AM
Left? So, what, the north one? I can work with that. Wren, stand back while the big guys charge in. Maybe check on Westlay: he seems to be having a seizure.

Chuckling for his own witticism, Kors whistles, telling the mule to stop where it stands.

Do you want me to guard the others or to come in with you? It's an awfully peaceful place, for now.

RCgothic
2011-08-29, 01:42 AM
This area looks secure, you should come through with us and secure the next room.

Arlayna draws her greatsword and prepares to charge into the breach.

ufis
2011-08-29, 01:48 AM
I am no expert on battle tactics or large dungeons, but is charging blindly through a door the best approach?

RCgothic
2011-08-29, 01:52 AM
If there is a threat, we must bring maximum force against it as swiftly as possible. Stay behind us, you'll be fine.

Dandria
2011-08-29, 01:53 AM
Charging blindly is always a good approach, my dear. I propose you let me go first, strictly followed by Sir Gabriel and Arlayna. If something goes bad, we fall back to this room. Do you agree?

TurtleKing
2011-08-29, 01:53 AM
Twitchy twitchy Westlay smiles at Kor. Rolls...
L Dice 2d6 [6] abilities and skills

Gabe you thought back there was foul? You should wait to see what I can do. Ach...Ach...Westlay prepares to hock a acidic lugey.

RCgothic
2011-08-29, 02:01 AM
Agreed. We'll fall back if it goes bad.

Dandria
2011-08-29, 04:43 AM
Good enough for me. Here we go!

He raises the shield, tightens his grip on the sword and kicks the door open, ready to storm inside without any further hesitation. Finally, the tension is starting to raise. Finally, he can shout at the top of his lungs:

Get ready, villainy! Run now, or face you demise!

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-29, 09:15 AM
Rennes grinds his teeth as he checks the doors, trying to tune out the banter of the big folk. What did they think this was? A vacation? The rilkan in particular was confoundedly infuriating; he had scales, which implied a reptilian ancestry, but he also behaved in a foppish, fey-like manner, which reminded the kobold of a spellscale, or worse, a gnome. He had a feeling he was in for a long delve.
Kurtulmak give me strength...

After a few minutes the kobold returns to the group, giving them the OK signal. He loads a stone into his sling, and assumes his position in the marching order.
"Ready."

Archwizard
2011-08-29, 12:26 PM
After Rennes takes his position, Kors pushes on the door. It opens easily, swinging outward. As the door opens, it appears to vanish beyond the threshold. No sound or light come from the door, and your light does not penetrate beyond the threshold.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-29, 01:14 PM
Rennes removes his goggles, spits on them, wipes them off, then puts them on again... and still, blackness. He scowls.
"Just a second..."
The kobold digs around in his pack, removing a small rubber ball. He throws the ball through the darkness, keeping his ears alert for any sound. With every passing second, he can feel his heartbeat, waiting for the ball to bounce back...

Dandria
2011-08-29, 01:24 PM
Woah, wait a moment! What's this?

When the door vanishes, only darkness takes its place. Something inside Kors starts to stir. Is this excitement or disappointment? What was I expecting to find behind this doors, inside this dungeon? A brawl or a test? He shakes his end, lowering the sword. The questions will have to wait.

Arlayna, come closer with that lamp. This place is already becoming strange.

The ball bounces away, but he's too busy calling for his goddes power to even notice. His holy simbol quietly rustles as a minor spell suddenly comes into existence.

I cast Detect Magic. Let'see what this is all about.

RCgothic
2011-08-29, 01:30 PM
I scowl slightly at Kors, who is clearly interrupting Rennes divination with his noise. I nevertheless move closer to the darkness with my lantern as quietly as I can.

TurtleKing
2011-08-29, 01:47 PM
L Dice 2d6 [6] abilities and skillsShame not getting any pleasure out of it turns to see what is going on.
Hey who turn the lights out?

Archwizard
2011-08-29, 01:56 PM
The ball disappears into the darkness. No sound at all can be heard, and it does not return.

The doorway radiates Illusion and Evocation magic very strongly.

As the lamp gets closer, there is no change in the doorway's appearance.

RCgothic
2011-08-29, 01:59 PM
Oh well, here goes.

I heft my greatsword, and run through the open door. If I still can't see anything, I keep running straight.

TurtleKing
2011-08-29, 02:05 PM
It hate the ball! Fine eat this.
Westaly spits at the darkness.
L Dice 2d6 [9] attack and damage. Westlay uses Dissolving Spittle is a ranged touch attack. Attack: 1d20+5 (L Dice and PBS) [11]. If that hit whatever 1d6+2 (L Dice+PBS) [7] acid damage. This if L Dice and PBS affect the Dissolving Spittle.

Archwizard
2011-08-29, 02:17 PM
Arlayna runs through the door. She vanishes, just like the ball and the door. The spittle then goes flying after her, and also vanishes.

PM sent re: Arlayna beyond the door.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-29, 02:38 PM
"We won't get through this place if we stay here." Gabriel says while walking through the doorway.

Dandria
2011-08-29, 02:46 PM
No, I don't think this darkness hates balls. Actually, it seems to be more indifferent than angry. Look, you guys just wait here: I'm going to follow Arlayna and Gabriel inside and see what happens. If we don't come back in under a minute, send in the cavalry. And by cavalry I obviuously mean my mule: it always wanted a glorious death.

Dammit, I'm hilarious, thinks the cleric while walking toward the deep blackness. Sword in hand and raised shield, this time he's ready to face the fight. Illusion and Evocation, it's his last thought before going in. My Lady, we are probably in for a long night, aren't we?

Archwizard
2011-08-29, 02:58 PM
Kors and Sir Gabriel walk through the darkness, vanishing like everything before them.

PMs sent.

ufis
2011-08-29, 03:10 PM
Oh well, here goes. Come Hond.

With my dog and my raven I step through the door, ready to blast anything on the other side with my Magic Missile.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-29, 03:30 PM
Rennes, extremely displeased to be alone with Westlay, turns to the rilkan.
"You bring the ass through. Also, bring the donkey."
And with that the kobold crosses the threshold.

TurtleKing
2011-08-29, 03:36 PM
L Dice 2d6 (3)(4) [7] Abilities and skills checks, saving throws, AND attack and damage.
JACKPOT! Yea. Alright Wren lets go. You don't want to be left behind. Westlay follows after the rest getting ready to spray it.

Archwizard
2011-08-29, 04:58 PM
To everyone that just went through the door:

Once through, you immediately are unable to hear anything from behind you. The room you enter is made of solid stone and looks a lot like the last one. There's a wall 40' in front of you, with a door straight ahead. 30' to the right of that is another door. The rooms is 110' from east to west, and 70' to the east the room bends to the south. You see Arlayna standing near the northeast corner, her lantern on her belt illuminating the area. In the corner are three orcs that look very haggard. One of them coughs quietly from time to time. It appears that Arlayna is talking to them, her sword is stashed.

Arlayna

The orcs just stare at you and one of them mutters, "We don't need anything from you, there's nothing you can do for us anyway."

As you glance back, you notice Sir Gabriel approaching from the way you came and you hear Kors calling your name.

The orcs look over at the direction the noise is coming from, but they don't react beyond that.

Sir Gabriel

You hear the orc's statement to Arlayna and then you see her glance back right after Kors calls your name and hers.

Map
http://bfb.bogleg.org/~whitewolf/WLD_room_2.png

Notes: The 3 in the corner are the orcs.
Everyone else is a star in their speech color.
Scale is 1 square = 5'x5'.
Solid Grey = Stone.
Solid Black = ????

TurtleKing
2011-08-29, 05:19 PM
Why should I go get the asses Wren? You should go. Westlay pointing to back the way they came.

Dandria
2011-08-29, 05:41 PM
Arlayna, Gabriel! First room in to the dungeon and we already started engaging orcs in random order? In the name of strategy, let's surround them and wait for the caster! You know, like. . . like a. . .

While his words and steps fill the empty room, a flow of thoughts quickly overruns his mind. The magic darkness, ragtag orcs, a sheathed sword. This doesn't sound like a fitting prelude.

You know what? They don't really seem to be such a great danger. Actually, they probably entered this place the same way we oh dammit now we are also stuck here, aren't we?

Grumbling and comically waving his arms, he reaches the other warriors and greets the grumpy orcs with a slight nod. Odd, but he has seen stranger things. He works with Westlay.

I look around and take some time to focus on the two doors, starting with the east one. I still have Detect Magic on.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-29, 06:27 PM
Gabriel walks up beside Arlayna and says "Is there a problem here? If we can prevent any conflict it would be beneficial for all of us.

Archwizard
2011-08-29, 07:24 PM
The orcs don't even look up as Gabriel approaches, "No problem here, just go away human." The sick goblin snickers a little bit before being overcome by a fit of coughing.

Kors looks around, but not much is to be seen. The walls and floors are plain stone. The doors are iron-bound wood. Nothing except the door you came through radiates any magic.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-29, 09:05 PM
Rennes scowls at Westlay, and rolls his eyes, before approaching the orcs, keeping at a respectful distance. He scratches under his chin, then starts looking around at the doors. The kobold moves up to Sir Gabriel, and tugs at his arm.
"See if you can't get anything useful out of them. I'll check the doors."
Rennes didn't do parley, and he most certainly didn't do parley with orcs. He had standards, after all.

Rennes will go about examining the doors, standard procedure, unless the orcs react unpleasantly to this.

TurtleKing
2011-08-29, 09:19 PM
Fine. I'll go get them. Hmph. I am only getting them for the food. Couldn't they even teach them to oh FOLLOW. Tsk. Westlay goes and grabs the asses. Grumbling every step of the way. For fun he announces that he is returning by spitting acid through the door.

L Dice 2d6 [5] abilities and skills.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-29, 11:29 PM
"We mean you know harm, just please tell us what has happened to you. Perhaps me and my fellow adventurers could help you."

I'm using a diplomacy check here. [roll0]

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 12:09 AM
Westlay tries to go back for the asses, but he runs into a solid, and invisible, barrier in the doorway.

Rennes inspects the doors, the door in the corner does not appear to be anything special, but a very strong odor of death and decay is coming from it. The door closer to the orcs also appears to just be a normal door. Both doors open into the room you are standing in now.

The biggest orc, the only one who's talked so far, looks up at Gabriel and says, "You'll find out what happened soon enough, and there's no helping us. Now I thought I said to go away human, leave us alone."

TurtleKing
2011-08-30, 12:32 AM
Guys kiss your asses goodbye. Westlay tests the door out by spitting acid at it. Perplexed tries to figure it out.

L Dice 2d6 [4] saving throws. The bonus to ability and skill checks should still be going from last round. Makes a Spellcraft check on the door. 1d20+2 [21].

ufis
2011-08-30, 12:32 AM
I move closer to the group talking to the orcs.

(whispering to Voel) "Filthy orcses. We do not like filthy orcses."

If the conversation is in orc (which I do not understand) "What are they saying?"

Mr.Christie
2011-08-30, 12:34 AM
"Well these three do not want our help. We should leave them and respect there wishes. Which door should we take next?

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 12:36 AM
Westlay
The door itself is still open, it's along the west wall. The doorway simply won't let you through. It is also still completely black. Do you want to spit at the door or the doorway?

Spellcraft: You have no idea what this is, other than it's very powerful magic.

Seth
The conversation is in common.

ufis
2011-08-30, 12:54 AM
Does the orcs have any arms or armour?

TurtleKing
2011-08-30, 01:03 AM
I did spit at the door before I did the check.

Fine since magic won't let me through I'll just go around. Westlay steps over to the side of door alond the wall going east. He then rolls and starts spitting enough to be projectile vomiting acid to make a hole in the wall. This repeats for as long as possible or until something else comes up.
L Dice 2d6 [11] attack and damage. He just rolls the dice and spits acid.

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 01:14 AM
ufis (and everyone else) - If you could either ask OOC behind spoilers, or in the OOC thread I would appreciate it. Otherwise something IC would be great "I inspect the orcs to see what their armaments are, trying to evaluate their combat preparedness." or some such. I'll always reply IC with IC if I can, otherwise I may reply OOC to OOC or IC to OOC. Too many games I've seen devolve into mixed IC/OOC stuff in the IC thread and it gets to be a pain to sort through.
The orcs have battleaxes near them and they wear studded leather armor.

Westlay spits acid at the door which corrodes very slightly. He then inspects the doorway before moving over to the wall and starts spitting acid at it over and over.

The stone corrodes a tiny bit with each spit, but it's clearly extremely slow going.

Give others a chance to post, and at some point we'll have to make sure everyone has a chance to take some actions.

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 01:40 AM
Arlayna concludes her conversation with the Orks: If you wish only to be left alone, I will respect your wishes.

To Sir Gabriel, Kors, and anyone else who've approached nearby:Leave them be. They're no threat to us, probably have nothing we want. There's no honour in tormenting them. Where should we head next?

At this point, she notices the commotion at the door, and the floor feels like it's dropped out from under her as she puts two and two together far too late: The darkness I understand, that's the illusion you mentioned, right? But the evocation... That's Force magic isn't it?

A look of extreme worry crosses her face as she starts loping back towards the door.

ufis
2011-08-30, 01:59 AM
Seth

To Arlayna as we walk away "I did not get the whole conversation with the orcs. What is their story?" Looking back at them over my shoulder I add "I also do not feel all that comfortable with orcs wielding weapons at my back."

Dandria
2011-08-30, 02:04 AM
Yeah, it's with all probability a Force Wall. A one way wall, it seems. And I must also agree with you.

Says Kors, still looking around and repeatedly tapping the stone floor with his sword.

I'm not going to attack someone who refuses to engage. Hoping the same applies to you guys. Anyway, let's change the subject. Are we going to try one of those door? Or should we check the entire room first? Cause there's no. . . uh. Where's my mule?

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 04:22 AM
Arlayna slows as she approaches the door where Westlay is now spitting at the wall. She prods the opening gingerly with her warhammer, but feels no give whatsoever.

Somebody see if you can find the other door back!

To Westlay, she comments: Let me guess, we didn’t bring the mules. Stand aside.

Arlayna takes a couple of steps back, hefting her warhammer in both hands as Seth catches up to her. Really not important right now!

She strikes the wall where Westlay has already been worrying at the stonework as hard as she can, and does so repeatedly until it becomes apparent she’s making no progress.

Power Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 04:47 AM
Kors is looking around, tapping the floor with his sword, but everything seems to be plain, solid stone.

Arlayna slams her hammer into the wall a few times where Westlay has been spitting at it. A few stones chip off, but a couple small etches form in the hammer as well from the acid.

You hear a couple snickers from the orcs, "There's no way back, you might as well get a move on. That racket you're making is awful."

Over to OOC.

Dandria
2011-08-30, 05:17 AM
Kors

No, seriously, where's my mule? I'm pretty sure I told you to bring it with oh dammit it's still outside, isn't it? Curses, I needed that animal. And it still doesn't have a name, now that I think about it. I should probably have called it Peter or something. Frankincense, maybe.

Shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders, he starts walking down room, searching for the second door from back in the tunneled entrance.

Could you three back there stop being so pessimistic? I get it, we are trapped, but there's no good reason to be so gloomy about it. Cheer up, would you?

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 05:19 AM
After noticing the missing mule, Kors goes to the corner and investigates the other part of the room. It appears to look exactly like this half, with a door on the west wall and two doors in the east wall, one right next to the south wall and one roughly 30' north of it.

See new map in post 59.

The orcs just snort in response.

Dandria
2011-08-30, 05:28 AM
Kors

Woah, dude, try not to chocke on all that cheerfulness! I know I told you to cheer up, but this is waaay to much cheer, don't you think? Look, joking aside, can't you just tell us something about this place? For how long have you been here? Why did you come to this dungeon? Or do you actually live here?

While raising his voice to be heard from the other side of the room, he tries to open the door and walk outside.

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 05:32 AM
The orcs don't respond. The door opens easily, but you are greeted by the same blackness and barrier as the other doorway.

ufis
2011-08-30, 05:42 AM
I go sit against the wall a short distance away from the door where we entered (far enough to be away from the acid spit).

"When you decide that we are ready to move on let me know. Until then I will conserve my energy." I throw a stick for the dog to chase. "If someone magically barred the door, don't you think they would have thought about the wall too? I suggest we file into formation and start exploring, starting at that door." I point to the NW door. "Otherwise lets pick a corner and be pathetic like those orcs."

(Sarcasm on the italics)

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 05:48 AM
Arlayna

Annoyed by the acid etchings on her hammer, and even more so at the lack of progress, Arlayna abandons her attack on the wall and paces angrily.

Well that’s just great. Not even through the first room and we’re already trapped and lost the mules!

Calming down a bit, Arlayna takes stock.

They’ll either come through the magical darkness after us, or wander back to the surface.

Arlayna then turns to Seth. You’re right of course. We should accept our losses and move on. Party conference! How much have we lost?

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-30, 06:32 AM
The kobold doesn't seem too terribly fazed by the magical entrapment situation; that, or he hides his emotions better. He speaks up, to nobody in particular:
"I'd start with the door closer to the orcs. The other one smells bad."

I'm moving today, so posting will be sporadic at best. Rennes will follow wherever folks want to go.

Dandria
2011-08-30, 06:37 AM
Kors

Well, Frakincense carried only his own food and the sauce I was planning to eat it with, so, well, not so much. Oh, and a dozen of rations, so there's that. A shame, if you ask me.

Having kicked close the door, Kors shakes his head once again and slowly walks back to the party. Not the start he had in mind, but it could have been worse.

Anyway, the other gate is blocked too and this room is empty. I say we just go on and see what happens. I guess the east one is as good as the other, isn'it?

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 06:53 AM
Arlayna

Better than the West one, from what Rennes has to say. OK, standard door procedure, people!

As the door has already been checked, Arlayna takes position to one side of the door, ready to rush through it with Kors and Sir Gabriel.

Dandria
2011-08-30, 07:29 AM
Kors

Let me try it again, but with gusto this time. Hope everyone is ready.

The warrior takes a deep breath and throws back his cloak, ready to charge straight against the door.

Make way, villainy! Heroes coming through!

He has already shouted his battle cry and raised a leg when the thought suddenly crosses his mind. It's probably useless, but asking never killed anyone.

Waaait a moment. Ehy, orcs! Do you happen to know what there's beyond this door?

ufis
2011-08-30, 07:35 AM
Seth

"All we still need is a marching band to announce our movements. I do not think that whatever is on the far side of the dungeon knows we are here yet."

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 07:40 AM
Arlayna

The Sorcerer has a point, Kors. I'd prefer a little more element of surprise when gatecrashing what could be a defended portal. Yell your battle cries all you like when combat is actually joined, but at least a small chance of getting a jump on our enemies would be nice.

Dandria
2011-08-30, 07:55 AM
Kors

In theory a fair point, but we probably lost the element of surprise the same moment we tried to take down a stone wall. If there's someone behind this door, they must have heard us a while ago. That or they are deaf. Anyway, I apologize for my abruptness: next time I promise I'll be stealthy like a weasel.

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 08:01 AM
Arlayna

I concede that point for now. Shall we?

This last comment is accompanied by a gesture at the door with her greatsword.

I wouldn't trust anything those orks had to say anyway, they've clearly decided to be unhelpful.

Dandria
2011-08-30, 08:28 AM
Kors

You're probably right, my lady. I still wonder what made this orcs so tired of life, but we can as well leave the philosophical questions for later. Now, stand back while I go in.

Then, while making sign to step aside, he turns the knob, raise his leg and kick the door with all his strenght.

TurtleKing
2011-08-30, 10:37 AM
Fine... Why don't you just...try...calling them. A simple here boy here. Westaly goes over to a section of the wall and slumps down to rest a bit. Oh boy.... Out...of breath. Right arm hurts shifting to left. I can't keep wanking the dice like that. As for those orcs not wanting to live? Probably don't have anything interesting to live for...or going to die soon. Not us we still have this entire place to see. So for us...it is still interesting. We have a lot to live for. This place is alot like life. It is full of interesting things if you try. Some good and not so good. You can't say you have lived till you lived it to the fullest including the good, the bad, and the all in between. Westlay thens gets back up to follow the rest of them.

Lets see if this works right [roll0] Rolling with the left now and applying to saving throws.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-30, 11:29 AM
"I shall will try to be as quiet as possible." Sir Gabriel siad as he openned the door closer to the orcs.

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 01:14 PM
Arlayna rushes through the door after Kors, greatsword held ready.

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 03:15 PM
As the group lines up at the door, Rennes notices the mules come wandering through the blackness. They sort of meander about 20' into the room, and then stop and stand there.

As soon as Kors touches the door, a cone of fire comes out of it, hitting the entire party.

[roll0]
Reflex DC 11 for half damage:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] - You take double damage for crit fail.
[roll5]
[roll6]

I'm going to say that after that, nobody else touched the door.

Edit: Normally, I'd let you roll your own saves, but since everyone needed to save, this is faster.

Most of the party is too stunned by the trap to avoid it, and Kors even manages to expose himself even more, but Westlay and Rennes are nimble enough to avoid the brunt of the cone.

The orcs snicker as the fire trap goes off, but otherwise they don't move.

Dandria
2011-08-30, 03:30 PM
Kors

GRAAAAH! Back! Everybody stand back!

Roars the cleric when flames bite his flesh. Why didn't he detect this magic sooner? And how could the rogue miss something like this? He jumps away, trying to get the others out of line, but the trap has already hit. For the first time in a long while, rage takes the best of him.

That's it, you filthy beasts! You knew about this and yet you didn't say a word! Now you're going to tell us everything you know about this place or I swear to my goddes the three of you are going to pay!

ufis
2011-08-30, 03:43 PM
Seth

"Your over eager kick the door down and rush in way of moving around is what is going to get us killed!" I shout at Kors, the fact that the trap nearly killed me driving me over the edge. "This is not a holiday. Nor is it a petting zoo with cuddly bunnies everywhere. It is very likely that everything in here is trying to kill us. You better start acting that way, or you may find yourself charging alone."

Looking at the snickering orcs I lose it completely. "This funny? Lets see if you think this is funny ..."

I fire off my crossbow at the orcs. Since they are huddled together I do not care which one I hit.

attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
crit [roll2] damage [roll3]

TurtleKing
2011-08-30, 03:44 PM
Westlay
L Dice [roll0]. Applying to ability and skill checks. If "7" then all. Ow. Westlay starts getting ready to hock more acidic lugey.

RCgothic
2011-08-30, 04:08 PM
Arlayna

Arlayna is momentarily stunned by the unexpected fire trap, as pain shoots through the arm that she was unable to withdraw quickly enough. Kors took the brunt of the blast though, and Arlayna silently thanks him by placing a hand on his shoulder - a gesture which quickly becomes restraining as he makes his outburst. At least the mule seems to have turned up, which is something.

Things spiral out of control quickly as Seth seems to be loosing it. She turns just in time to hear's Seth's crossbow twang and a bolt fly towards the orks.

A surge of horror flows through Arlayna at the pointless bloodshed - only swift action can prevent a massacre. Seth, are you insane?! You can't just murder people like that!
Arlayna sprints towards Seth, attempting to smash the crossbow out of his hands before he can get another shot off and defuse the situation before death becomes inevitable.
Disarm (+5 greatsword +4two handed): [roll0]

Dandria
2011-08-30, 04:17 PM
Kors

Why did you shoot?! You. . . you. . . dammit, what's wrong with you?! Arlayna, Gabriel, one of you with me while the other keeps an eye on the casters. If something comes out of the door we must be ready to face it or they are all dead.

Still grinning for the pain, Kors steps forward and then freezes. He wasn't expecting such a reaction from the fighter. Anger, yes. Blame, maybe. But gratitude? Not so much.

Or, yes, you could do that instead. Orcs, stand right there! We are going to sort this out by talking and you should be thankful for it. Do you understand me? Nobody else is going to get wounded, got it?

I ready an action. If somebody tries to hurt Arlayna I will be forced to put them down with nonlethal damage.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-30, 04:30 PM
"We will never get out of here if you all fight with each other. I will go with you Kors, but we must be careful. Everyone will have a much harder time surviving without you."

TurtleKing
2011-08-30, 04:58 PM
Westlay
L Dice . Attack and Damage.
Westlay aims at where the fire trap was at spits just in case. After that he dances around till spotting the mule. At that point he goes and grab the mule. Attack to hit the fire trap [roll1]. Damage [roll2] acid damage. Perform: Dance [roll]1d20

Archwizard
2011-08-30, 06:48 PM
Kors yells while Arlayna restrains him when Seth's bolt hits the sick orc and he falls over, presumably dead.

The orcs snarl with a little more vigor than they've shown so far, hands on battleaxes, as Westlay's acidic lugey hits the door. You hear the door sizzle, but it remains intact.

Seth's crossbow is then yanked out of his hands by Arlayna's greatsword. The crossbow slides down the sword and hits the guard.

Anyone that wishes to try a skill check (Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate) etc on the orcs to influence their action, now's the time.

The trap went off the instant the door was touched.

You know, it's poetic that the crit fail was the person that triggered the trap.

Mr.Christie
2011-08-30, 07:07 PM
"STAND DOWN ORCS! My comrade was just angry that you gave us no warning of the trap. Do not fight back and we will have our cleric heal your friend." Sir Gabriel says while trying to fix the situation.

Intimadation Check [roll0]

ufis
2011-08-31, 01:18 AM
"Orcs. Are. Not. People." I spit the words at the elf, anger clearly evident in my eyes and energy crackling in my clenched fists.
"They sat there knowing what will happen and lauging at our misfortune. They deserve every bit of justice coming their way!"

With that I point my hand at the nearest standing orc. The crackling energy manifests itself into a arrow shaped light and shoots away to the orc.

Magic missile
damage [roll0]

Looking over at the elf I add with a sneer "Even though I do not need the crossbow, don't *ever* take it from me again."

Archwizard
2011-08-31, 01:30 AM
Seth's magic missile slams into the largest orc, and with that the orcs scream in fury and charge!

{table=head]Initiative Rolls
{table=head] Character | Init | Spot
Kors Farer | [roll0] | 1
Arlayna Dariel | [roll1] | 6
Seth | [roll2] | 3
Orcs | 19 | 4
Westlay | [roll3] | 2
Sir Gabriel of Newport | [roll4] | 7
Rennes | [roll5] | 5[/table][/table]

Note: OP map updated.

RCgothic
2011-08-31, 01:42 AM
Arlayna
Arlayna pulls herself up to her full height and screams in Seth's face, fury written across her features.
ALL SAPIENTS ARE PEOPLE!
She fixes him with a look of utter disgust.

Hearing the Orks ready for battle, resolves to defend the others, without returning Seth's crossbow.

Arlayna will attempt to defend Rennes or Westlay, whoever seems in more trouble. She will do so with non-lethal damage from her greatsword, unless the ork she is fighting injures anyone.
AB+5-4 =+1,
damage = 2d6+4 Crit 19-20/x2

If engaged by herself, she will fight with total defence AC17+4+1=22.

If forced to engage the orks with lethal force, she will power attack with AB +4 and damage 2d6+6

Dandria
2011-08-31, 01:50 AM
Kors

Put down those weapons, now! There's no need for further bloodshed and if you're willingful to cooperate we can still save your buddy. It's just OH DAMMIT, STOP DOING THAT!

A dart of crackling energy crosses the room and fly against one of the gloomy orcs. Kors almost chokes on his bile, unsure of what he should do. Then, training and religion kick in.

We can't afford to parley or hit them with the flat anymore. May you forgive me, but I need to take them down as fast as I can. Gabriel, Arlayna, choose what to do and we'll talk about it later.

Then, he raises his sword and moves.

I move twenty feet in their direction and ready an action. I'll attack the first one to enter a square near mine

TurtleKing
2011-08-31, 02:04 AM
Westlay
L Dice 2d6 ability and skill
Sure thing let me grab my drums. Rennes grab the mule I am about to have fun. Westlay moves east 2 by north 1. He then draws his dagger and prepares to hock the acid.

ufis
2011-08-31, 02:49 AM
I point to the orcs. "Hond, guard."
I wait for the orcs to come closer, preparing a spell for release when they do.

The dog will sit in front of me (I3) and attack any orc that comes close (5').
I prepare a Acid Splash spell, holding the casting back until any of the orcs comes within 25 feet.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1] (acid)

Archwizard
2011-08-31, 03:52 AM
The orcs scream and charge. They both run at Seth with the big one just ahead of the other one.

As the orc charges, Seth releases his spell which hits the orc right in the shoulder, causing him to scream in pain. However, he keeps charging at Hond. Hond growls and tries to bite the orc.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

As Hond attacks the orc, he tries to move out of the way, but the momentum of his charge is just too great and Hond gets him in the side. That bite appears to be the last straw and the big orc goes down.

The second orc is almost at Seth, and he looks even angrier now....

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-31, 06:07 AM
Rennes

His gut seething with shame, fear, and anger, the kobold keeps to the back of the group. As the orcs attack, he sighs, and whips the sling around his head, releasing a stone with a loud *snap!*

I'll attack whatever orcs remain a threat.
Sling attack: [roll0], -4 if firing into melee.
Damage: [roll1]
Move action reload.

Archwizard
2011-08-31, 06:17 AM
Rennes fires his sling, but the stone goes sailing wide of the last orc.

RCgothic
2011-08-31, 06:33 AM
Arlayna

The orks only seem to want Seth, and at first Arlayna is content enough to let them have their way with him. However she quickly comes to the conclusion that if she and the others are all to survive this dungeon then they’re going to need everyone, and what’s more to trust that everyone else will be watching their backs whilst they do it.

As the first ork falls, she springs into motion to confront the second one head on, raising her greatsword for a head-height swipe.

Move to K3, then:
Attack: [roll0]

Archwizard
2011-08-31, 07:13 AM
Arlayna's strike is sure and deadly. The last orc falls to the ground dead after her greatsword slices deep into his neck and shoulders.

ufis
2011-08-31, 07:37 AM
Seth

"Oh you savage." I say dryly. "You killed the poor orc."

I let the comments fume a bit while I rub Hond behind the ears to show my appreciation for the help.

"Now if you would be so kind as to return my crossbow to me." I add without even looking up.

TurtleKing
2011-08-31, 07:52 AM
Westlay
L Dice [roll0] abilities and skills
Wait someone not a stick in the mud or even has a stick up their... Better check to be sure. Westlay stands there concentrating to figure out the lawfulness of the group. Westlay is using Detect Opposition. Since he is CN he is detecting law.

RCgothic
2011-08-31, 08:14 AM
Arlayna
Arlayna stands over the body of the man she had been forced to kill because of the sorcerer’s rashness and once again feels the white heat of anger. She flicks the ork’s dark blood from her blade and sheathes it over her shoulder in one motion. Seth’s casual mockery is too much, and she turns to renew their confrontation

How dare you! The trap was an accident!

She says this with a nod towards Rennes to let him know he still has her confidence.

This battle was not! And yet you accuse us of recklessness! You’ve wasted party resources on an unnecessary fight, and if they’d been but a few feet closer they would have killed you where you stood! Not to mention the fact they weren’t even our enemies until you murdered one of them!

She shakes her head.

Not people! Have you already forgotten that we travel with a Kobold and a Rilkan? Do you think we should kill them too?

This last sentence is delivered laden with sarcasm. Arlayna advances a couple of paces towards Seth, her tone now dangerously low.

Yes, I killed one of them, and now I must bear that guilt. Because I had to demonstrate that I won’t just hang your miserable little hide out to dry as long as you still have potential as an asset to the party. But become a liability - like you were just now - and I will leave you alone in here to fend for yourself!

She slings the crossbow noisily at his feet, and it skitters some way past him before coming to rest. Arlayna then turns to the rest of the group.

Now unless anyone else has something to say, where were we?

Sorry if I get my perspectives mixed up, am playing two first-person characters in other campaigns.

Dandria
2011-08-31, 08:31 AM
Kors

When the orcs reach him and keep moving on, he can't help but smile. Even that hopeless depression couldn't stop them from standing up and try to avenge their fallen comrade. Indeed, The Lady would have been proud of such an attitude.

I'm truly sorry it had to end this way. All in all you seemed to be pretty nice guys. May you lay in peace, green skins: you fight well and totally deserved it.

Resting the sword upon his shoulder, he turns back and walks toward the rest of the party. The fighter is raging and he sure can't blame her.

Arlayna, stop it. It's not your fault if the orc is dead: you just did you duty and you did it better than I was willingful to do mine. If it was for me the sorcerer would have been on his own. As for you, Seth

He says, turning to him with staring eyes

Shut. Up. Seriously. Shut it up.

I move to H4 and once again focus Detect Magic on the two doors.

ufis
2011-08-31, 09:03 AM
"You forget about the Elf. Elfs are not people either. Humans are." I turn around and pick up my crossbow. "The orcs deserve their fate, just like someone who would watch a child drown without providing aid deserves to be smitten. And pray tell, lady Elf, what resources were 'wasted'? The bolt used, *my* bolt, performed a very useful task."

Looking at Kors joining in the conversation I burst out laughing. "A request for silence from the loudest member of the party? How fresh."

I look back and forth between Arlayna and Kors after the fit of laughter, still smiling. "Be careful what you wish for."

With that I turn around and start patting down the orcs, looking for anything useful like a key or a map. I will also try to recover my bolt. If there is not enough light I will use one of my sunrods.

RCgothic
2011-08-31, 09:16 AM
Arlayna

There is but one human in the party, and he is not you, plane-touched. No offense, Kors.

Arlayna turns her back on Seth in disgust, and returns her attention to the door.

Rennes, could you help Kors see if the trap is fully discharged now?

Dandria
2011-08-31, 09:38 AM
Kors

None taken, milady.

The warrior does his best to answer quickly and cheerfully, but for a moment he stops, sword in hand, and truly wonders if it's maybe the case to slash the guy. He shakes his head and casts this thought away. What foolishness: even a villain can still make a fine contribution to the party. For a while, anyway.

Wren, I already checked this door for magic but didn't find a thing. If you think you can locate and disable the trap, then I'd be glad to help. Or, we could just ask Westlay to melt the thing and call it a day.

TurtleKing
2011-08-31, 09:52 AM
Westlay
L Dice [roll0] saving throws.
I am humanish. Note the "ish". Which is pretty much true for most of us here. Don't get any bright ideas I can spit acid ALL DAY LONG. How about I help more than that. I do have a extendable pole. My acid won't work. Yes I have already tried. Guess this place is made to keep from taking shortcuts. Besides are there only three doors in this room or are there more? Westlay pulls out the collaspible pole and extends it to twelve feet. He then prepares to help Renne in opening the door.
Rilkans are really helpful. Westlay will aid Renne if he can. He gets 10 or better Westlay adds a +3 intead of +2.

Dandria
2011-08-31, 10:37 AM
Kors

There are other two doors on the south-east wall, behind the corner. We could as well Frankincense! My dear mule, you followed us!

The mule turns his head and blankly stares at his owner. After a little it strongly snorts and then goes back to chewing his handful of straw. Good mule.

What were we saying? Oh yeah, the door. I agree: we should step away and try to open it with the pole. Are you sure it's long enough?

ufis
2011-08-31, 10:46 AM
"The fire reached at least 15 feet. Feel free to use my pole too. It is not collapsable, but it may help. Think I dropped it when we burned."

TurtleKing
2011-08-31, 11:58 AM
Westlay
Same drill folks its L Dice. [roll0] ability and skill checks.
Well then did the fire shoot in a line or a cone? If line then just stand to the side of the door. If cone then well yea still stand to the side of the door. Besides did anyone think this could just be a joke? It could be a door to nowhere with the door as the bait for the trap. So lets try this from the side of the door first. After that we can check out the other doors. Westlay moves to the side of the door along the wall so he can just push open the door with the pole.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-08-31, 12:15 PM
Rennes stands quietly, for a long while staring at Seth. The kobold perks up when Kors addresses him.
"...Hard to say. The size of the blast suggests it may not be your average Fire Trap spell. If it didn't detect as magic with your divination, it could have been an alchemical reaction."
He gingerly approaches the door, rubbing his reptilian chin.
"If it's not magic, it has a limited fuel supply. If we wanted to test it, we could just send an ass through. We got no shortage of those."
He digs around in his pack, producing a roll of high-quality leather. As he unfolds it, you see it is filled with various delicate instruments, lockpicks, and tools.
"I'll try to see if I can do anything productive here. Thing was well-hidden, and the triggering mechanism's advanced... again, suggesting magic. You all might want to stand aside."

Rennes will try and disable the trap. If he needs to search for it again, his modifier is +12. His Disable Device modifier is +9.

Dandria
2011-08-31, 12:58 PM
Kors

Well, good luck then. We are going to stand back and let you work your mojo. Clearly, if you need some help you just have to call. Again, good luck.

Having said what needed to be said, he nods at the kobold and then walks away, leaving him to face his duty. Hopefully, this time around things will go better.

I move from H4 to C1 and focus Detect Magic on the other door. You never know.

RCgothic
2011-08-31, 01:09 PM
Arlayna

Whilst Kors is studying the Northwest door, and Rennes the northern one, Arlayna does a slow circuit of the room, to see if her acute elven senses pick up anything that might suggest a secret passage.

TurtleKing
2011-09-01, 12:43 AM
Westaly
L Dice [roll0] saving throws all!
JACKPOT! ... You know that plan of charging in everywhere reminds me of a guy. His first name was Leroy. Whenever he would get bored of the planning he would run in yelling his name out in a long drawn out way. Heard he also made his buddies mad.Turning to Renne getting ready to assist as possible.Alright Renne lets do this.

Archwizard
2011-09-01, 05:52 AM
Westlay

Westlay looks around, slowly scanning each party member. Everyone except Arlayna registers as Lawful. He then moves up to the side of the door and assists Rennes with looking for and removing the trap.

Notes: The door opens inwards from your perspective, so no pushing it open with poles.
The trap sprayed a 15' cone.

Racial Aid: Because of the incarnum bond that knits together all rilkans, at any time that a rilkan succeeds in using the aid another action to assist another rilkan, she adds +3 to the ally’s roll, rather than +2.
Last I checked, you were the only Rilkan, so you only add +2.
Also, you cannot aid another with trapfinding.

Aid Another: In cases where the skill restricts who can achieve certain results you can’t aid another to grant a bonus to a task that your character couldn’t achieve alone.
Since you do not have the trapfinding class ability you cannot aid here. Also, you don't have disable device, so you doubly can't aid.

Kors

Kors scans the doors with his detect magic, but still sees nothing registering as magical.

Rennes

Rennes walks cautiously up to the door and proceeds to very slowly, very methodically inspect the door.

After almost 5 minutes of searching, everyone hears an "Aha!"

He finds small, magical runes on the lower part of the door, right in the middle. He then sets about trying to disarm the trap.

You have your disable device noted as +9 in your post, but it's +7 on your sheet. If you were including +2 from the aid another attempt, as noted above that doesn't actually work. If you were getting that from somewhere else and I missed it, please let me know.

[roll0]

You know, as I've been writing this up, I've been thinking about the whole mechanic of traps, rogues, rolling, etc. Sadly, thinking about it made me realize it really makes no sense, at least when it comes to magical traps. So I think the thing to do in the future is have CTP roll all Disable Device checks if he wants to, the thief would know if eh failed/succeeded at disarming the trap. I know this is slightly different than RAW, but whatever.

Seth

As Rennes works on the trap, Seth searches the orcs' corpses for anything of interest. They are not carrying any supplies except their battleaxes and armor. In the corner is a pile of rotting stuff that must have been their food supply, but the desperation involved in eating that is almost unthinkable. The bolt in the orc is ruined.

Arlayna

Arlayna walks the rest of the room trying to see if any secret doors or passages. After a complete circuit, nothing at all seems to be anything other than plain wall.

Sir Gabriel

Sir Gabriel watches the disarm attempt, this time from a little farther away....

I don't think you posted for anything else.

Archwizard
2011-09-01, 05:56 AM
As Rennes works on the trap, his hand slips and presses full force on the door. The trap goes off, blasting him full on in face.

[roll0] Double for crit fail.

Unable to act to avoid the trap, Rennes falls over, burnt very badly and dying.

Archwizard
2011-09-01, 06:00 AM
Kors shouts, "Wren!" Kors rushes to his side, invoking a prayer, "May The White Lady soothe these terrible wounds and heal your pain."

Spontaneously cast CLW in place of Protection from Evil.
[roll0]

Kors' hand glows briefly, and the glow settles over Rennes as Kors touches him. His burns fade until they are completely gone. Rennes sits up, dazes but very much alive and healthy.

Rennes is actually back to full health now.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-01, 06:53 AM
For a moment, as the kobold opens his eyes, you can tell he is not all there. After a beat, he blinks, and realizes what must have happened. Slowly, Rennes stands, looking dejected.
"...*cough*... My hand slipped... The damn thing has to be magic..."
When Kors tells him his divination still detected nothing, Rennes frowns.
"There must be spells to hide auras... or maybe the whole thing's covered with a thin sheet of lead."
His sense of embarrassment increasing, the kobold spits on the ground and shrugs.
"I could give it another go... but we've wasted a whole healing spell by now. We can always come back to this door, if we want to try the others."

The extra +2 to Disable Device is from the kobold racial substitution level; Shrewd Trapfinding provides a +2 bonus on Search and Disable Device checks when traps are involved. The only reason there's a distinction is that Disable Device could also be used to sabotage other mechanical devices, although I've never seen it used for that in all my years of gaming...

RCgothic
2011-09-01, 01:49 PM
Arlayna

Unable to stay and watch Seth loot the bodies of the orks he'd murdered, Arlayna makes a slow circuit of the large room, brushing her fingertips over stonework of the walls, alert for any irregularities. She's still seething from the confrontation and the guilt of being forced to kill that ork for him, but the routine and sensation of the stone under her fingers is calming, and as she reaches the southernmost point of the room and begins to backtrack, she feels more like herself again.

As she returns to the party, Rennes is being helped to his feet with a relieved looking crowd of onlookers.

Even less luck with the trap, I take it? Why don't we try one of the other doors?

Mr.Christie
2011-09-01, 02:33 PM
"Agreed Arlayna, a bad smell would be most likely be safer than this trap. After seeing this trap nearly kill Wren it we should just try the other door."

RCgothic
2011-09-01, 05:01 PM
Arlayna

There are also two doors down there, perhaps we could check those? She says, gesturing towards the south east.

TurtleKing
2011-09-01, 05:03 PM
Westlay
Hold on don't check that door. It could be the reason that orc was sick. Instead lets check the other two doors.

Mr.Christie
2011-09-01, 05:28 PM
"A good point Westlay. Wren do you think you are up to serching for trap on those doors."

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-01, 07:02 PM
Rennes brushes soot off his leather armor and scales.
"I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Just give me a little space."
The kobold scurries off to the southern doors, his roll of thieves' tools in tow.

Hitting up the doors with the Standard Door Procedure, or SDP, if I haven't already done so.
I'll roll some dice for laughs:
Disable Device: 1: [roll0] 2: [roll1]
Open Lock: 1: [roll2] 2: [roll3]

Archwizard
2011-09-01, 08:24 PM
Kors as DMPC for the moment

Upon hearing Rennes' assertion that the trap must be magical, Kors goes over and inspects the area where Rennes indicated the trap was.

[roll0] to identify the runes, markings, etc that may be on the trapped part.

Kors frowns and says, "I have absolutely no idea what these markings are. Seth, can you come look please?"

Archwizard
2011-09-01, 08:28 PM
Seth as DMPC

Seth sighs and says, "Of course you need me to identify them. I'll be right there." With that, Seth heads over to the door and proceeds to see if he can identify them.

Take 2: [roll0]

"Hmm. Ahh! I see it. Well, I guess it's no surprise you had trouble. This door is trapped with a Burning Hands spell, and then disguised with Nystul's Mystic Aura. Of course, I was able to see through it, but then that type of magic is more suited to a sorcerer anyway."

Archwizard
2011-09-01, 08:34 PM
DM Response

While Seth and Kors are inspecting the trapped door, Rennes and the others head down to the southeast doors to inspect them. Everyone gives Rennes a wide berth, just in case.

However, after another 15 minutes of thoroughly searching both doors, no traps are found. Neither door is locked. The northern door has nothing unusual about it, but there's a fairly pungent door coming from the southern door.

TurtleKing
2011-09-01, 08:39 PM
Westlay
If one door stinks don't go in. Take the other one door first.
L Dice [roll0] saving throws.
JACKPOT!

Archwizard
2011-09-02, 01:54 AM
Kors as DMPC

Kors nods at Westlay and says, "I agree, it looks like we've found the best place to start. A door with no traps, we hope, and no nasty smell coming from it. I say we go through, sticking to our plan."

RCgothic
2011-09-02, 01:59 AM
Arlayna

Arlayna bends down to inspect the runes that Rennes has discovered and that Seth had managed to identify.

So how would we disarm this trap? Would dousing it in acid work? Or perhaps a solid thump from my warhammer?

She stands up and walks over to join the others.

I suppose that door is as good as any, but it irks me that even at this stage there are so many doors that it appears we shouldn't take, or can't take because of insurmountable traps.

Archwizard
2011-09-02, 08:55 AM
Kors as DMPC

Kors nods at Arlayna and says, "I certainly agree, but since we aren't leaving anytime soon, I bet we'll have time to come back and get past that trap." He then turns to the door and says "Let's do this."

With that, Kors opens the door and heads into the next room.

Archwizard
2011-09-02, 08:59 AM
DM

As soon as Kors opens the door, the two doors in the room that had been open slam shut.

Looking around, Kors says, "We couldn't get out that way anyway, so I'm going in." He then heads in. The room beyond is 25'x40', with an open door in the northeast corner. In the middle of the room is the body of a dead orc. His arm is stretched out towards the door you just went in through, almost as if he were reaching for the door as he died. In the southeast corner is a broken spear.

RCgothic
2011-09-02, 01:47 PM
Arlayna

Arlayna charges into the room, expecting instant combat yet finding only a dead ork.

Well this is a bit of a let down. I wonder what happened to him. I suggest a quick search and then we move on.

Arlayna begins searching the room, examining the stonework and inspecting the floor and ceiling for anything she'd missed at first glance.
I take ten. With a +0 modifier, that's 10. :smallcool:

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-02, 03:22 PM
Rennes nods in agreement with Arlayna, who seemed pretty level-headed for an elf. He pauses at the entrance to the room, and takes out a quill, a small bottle of ink, and a roll of parchment from the scroll case on his belt. The kobold licks the tip of the pen, then proceeds to draw a map of the rooms explored so far. The first room he notes 'entrance,' the L-shaped room he notes 'orcs/fire trap,' and the new room he marks as 'orc corpse.' After putting these things away, he focuses his search efforts on the corpse, and then the door, motioning with his clawed arms for space when he approaches the door, just in case.

TurtleKing
2011-09-02, 03:36 PM
Westlay enters examining the room. What can scare an orc to run? One got wasn't fast enough got caught. Another was but still got sick. The other two probably just gave up. Well through that door is a test of your mettle. MIght want to examine the entire room first even up.
Perception [roll0]
Westlay notices the orc and the walls.

Archwizard
2011-09-02, 11:12 PM
DM

Arlayna heads into the room, but she doesn't find anything out of the ordinary.

Sir Gabriel moves in behind Arlayna as they had agreed, alert for danger.

Rennes' search of the orc reveals quite a few moderate sized puncture wounds in his neck, arms and legs. Each puncture wounds has around 4-8 smaller puncture wounds around it. There is nothing else on the corpse. Moving over to the door, Rennes inspects the open doorway and sees nothing out of the ordinary. The room beyond is 25'x25' with an open door in the northwest corner. Nothing else appears to be inside.

Westlay notices the orc and the walls.

Seth enters the room last, he goes to inspect the spear, but it's beyond repair.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-03, 12:26 AM
Rennes scratches at his scaly chin as he examines the strange wounds.
"Hm."

Do the wounds look mechanical in nature, or more organic? Any sort of check that might reveal more information? Heal untrained would just be a Wisdom check: [roll0]

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 12:45 AM
DM

Rennes has a hard time identifying the wounds' source, but his experience with traps leads him to doubt that a trap did that damage. There are no patterns to the wounds the resemble any trap he's familiar with.

Anyone that wants to perform various Knowledge checks to try and identify the wounds can go ahead and do so. Neither Kors nor Seth can help.

RCgothic
2011-09-03, 01:14 AM
Arlayna

Having completed an impromptu circuit of the room, Arlayna turns her attention to the ork.

What have you found, Rennes? Hmm, those are odd looking wounds...

Heal check to identify wounds: [roll0]
Survival check for similar wounds encountered before: [roll1]

TurtleKing
2011-09-03, 01:55 AM
Westlay
My people are knowledgable about everything. Well a little of everything. Westlay puts it to the knowledges of the spirits of the Rilkans to identify the wound.
Knowledge: All
Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]
Knowledge: Religion [roll1]
Knowledge: History [roll2]
Knowledge: Nature [roll3]
Knowledge: Planes [roll4]
Knowledge: Geography [roll5]
Knowledge: Dungeoneering [roll6]
Knowledge: Architecture [roll7]
Knowledge: Local [roll8]
Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty [roll9]

Yes all Rilkans can do this its a racial thing.

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 02:18 AM
Westlay and Arlayna both inspect the wounds, and neither has much of an idea as to what caused them.

Arlayna's extensive training with weapons as a fighter lead her to believe they are not from a weapon, at least not any weapon she recognizes.

RCgothic
2011-09-03, 02:27 AM
Arlayna

Arlayna comes up blank on the cause of the wounds, but they're like no weapon mark she's ever seen before.

Well if it isn't a trap like Rennes says, and it doesn't look like they were caused by a weapon, that leaves what? Spells or Creatures? There could be something dangerous lurking nearby in these chambers.

Arlayna gestures for everyone to be quiet, then moves to the open doorway and peers through it, alert for any perceived threat. She gestures for Kors to join her.

Perception: [roll0]

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 04:11 AM
Kors as DMPC

Seeing Arlayna signal him, Kors move up to the door and attempts to see if anything is inside.

He looks around, and then suddenly up at the ceiling. He taps Arlayna on the shoulder, and then points up at the ceiling. there is some form of strange lump up there.

RCgothic
2011-09-03, 04:21 AM
Arlayna

Arlayna doesn't know what that is, but after the mysterious wounds on the ork she doesn't want to take any chances. Drawing her longbow, she takes careful aim and lets fly with an arrow straight at it!

(I think it's just easier if the DM rolls if there's a crit - saves on clutter and speeds up play)

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 04:47 AM
DM

Arlayna's arrow flies true, and strikes the lump.

You hear a high-pitched screech as tentacles connected by leathery webbing unfold from the lump. A creature about 4' in diameter drops from the ceiling!

Kors Farer | [roll0] | 1
Arlayna Dariel | [roll1] | 2
Seth | [roll2] | 4
Westlay | [roll3] | 6
Sir Gabriel of Newport | [roll4] | 7
Rennes | [roll5] | 3
Monster | 12 | 5[/table][/table]

Knowledge (Arcana) is the relevant skill.

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 05:19 AM
Kors as DMPC

Kors looks at the creature and says, "Ugh, what in The Lady's name is that thing? It certainly seems hostile though!"

With that, he draws his longsword while moving into the room and attacks the creature with it.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

DM

Kors' sword strikes true, hitting the creature in the body.

RCgothic
2011-09-03, 05:44 AM
Arlayna

Well it would be after being shot with an arrow! Stay there, I'll flank it!

Dropping her bow by the door, Arlayna draws her greatsword in one motion, circling round to flank the creature, slashing at its tentacles.

Arlayna moves: Northwest(5), West(5), West(5), Northwest(10), Northeast(5) to reach the opposite side of the creature from Kors.

Critical: [roll1]
Fumble: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-03, 11:54 AM
Rennes moves up to the doorway, keeping solid wall between himself and the combat. He slings a stone at the monster, although is accuracy suffers trying to avoid his comrades flanking it on either side...

Rennes will move up to the doorway, using the frame as cover, and fire his sling, taking a -4 penalty for firing into melee.
If the creature is flat-footed, he also might inflict [roll2] sneak attack damage.

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 04:51 PM
Seth as DMPC

Seth moves up to the spot behind Rennes, "Blast, can't quite see in, and I don't want to expose myself without knowing what's in there."

Seth moves up to E7 and Hond is right behind him at E8. I added row/column labels again.

TurtleKing
2011-09-03, 06:36 PM
Westlay

Ah great just block the doorway now will you. Westlay keeps an eye for anything else that is hostile.
L Dice [roll0] ability and skill checks. Perception [roll1]

Mr.Christie
2011-09-03, 08:03 PM
Sir Gabriel hustles into the room with the beast with tentacles and up to Kors (E3). He swings his glaive at the monster hoping to help protect his fellow party members.

Attack Roll:[roll0]
Crit Roll [roll1]
Fumble[roll2]
Damage Roll[roll3]

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 08:17 PM
DM

After Seth moves up behind Rennes, the room is plunged into darkness! You hear rustling in the darkness, but it echoes in a very strange manner and you are unable to follow where it goes.

Notes on darkness:
Darkvision/low-light vision, torches, and similar things do not work.
I will update the map with where you think you are. Reality might not agree.... Attack a square, e.g. "I move to C4 and attack D4"

Westlay does not see anything else inside the room with the orc in it, and the strange echoes in the room with the monster make it hard to hear anything.

Sir Gabriel rushes into the darkness and attacks where he last knew the monster to be, but he doesn't hit anything.

Archwizard
2011-09-03, 09:21 PM
Kors as DMPC

Kors curses lightly and raises his hand, invoking some of the power of his heritage. Suddenly, the area is lit again by a burst of light emanating from Kors.

He looks around, trying to find the monster, but he cannot see it.

DM

As the light goes back on, you see Kors looking around, trying to find the monster. Rennes notices it, directly over Kors' head!

The monster is flying over Kors' head, approximately 9' in the air, so it's right under the ceiling [ceilings are all roughly 10' tall unless otherwise specified].

RCgothic
2011-09-04, 01:40 AM
Arlayna

Kors! Watch out!

Arlayna springs forward, the beast still easily within reach of her sword.

Power Attack: [roll0] (17 actual, incorrect modifier)

Archwizard
2011-09-04, 01:52 AM
DM

Arlayna's attack manages to slice the beast's webbing from one side clear through to the other. It suddenly is unable to keep itself aloft, and falls, hitting Kors in the head and smearing blood on him. The beast hits the ground, dead.

Note: You can't charge here, you have to move at least 10' to charge, and you're only able to move 5'. Fortunately, it didn't matter. That makes your attack roll 17, and it has AC 17.

RCgothic
2011-09-04, 02:12 AM
Arlayna

Arlayna flicks the blood off her sword and then sheaths it. She grins, taking pride in her first legitimate kill of the dungeon, and then chucklingly apologises to Kors, amused by the blood he's become smeared in.

Sorry, thought the blow would swat it away more than that. Still, you probably didn't want that thing wrapped around your head, so it's all good, right? Anyone have any idea what it was, anyway?

Arlayna prods it with her toe, curiously, before turning her attention to the rest of the room, and in particular the open door.

Kors, you should guard that door and see what you can spot, anything lurking there was bound to have heard our fight. Good catch on spotting this thing by the way, it was well concealed. The rest of us will check this room before continuing?

Arlayna goes to retrieve her bow, and then searches the room for anything out of the ordinary.

Dandria
2011-09-04, 07:12 AM
Kors

Ahahah, worry not, my dear!

Cheerfully roars the ichor soaked warrior, sheathing his sword and looking around.

As a matter of fact, I prefer to bathe in the blood of my foes than let them bathe in mine. Anyway, you did a good job and I'm happy the light was helpfull. Now, you guys take your time, check that thing and search the room, while I give the next one a look.

As he walks toward the door, Kors grabs his cloak and starts wiping his face. Finally, he thinks, they're starting to work like a true party. Let's keep going at this pace.

I move to A0 and inspect the next room.

Archwizard
2011-09-04, 07:36 AM
Seth as DMPC

Seth walks into the room with Hond and says, "Huh, look at that beastie. It must be magical somehow, let me see if I can identify it." He proceeds to walk around the dead creature and look at it.

[roll0]

DM

Seth easily identifies the corpse as a Darkmantle.

Kors walks into the threshold of the next room. It looks almost exactly like this room and has a door in the northeast corner that is open. Otherwise, the room appears to be completely empty.

Seth as DMPC

"Of course," Seth says, "the darkness it used gives it away. This creature is a Darkmantle. Nasty bugger, tries to drop on prey in darkness and crush heads with its tentacles. Can be tough to remove once it gets a hold of you." Seth makes a face and says, "Glad you guys killed it without me having to use any spells on it."

Dandria
2011-09-04, 08:48 AM
Kors

Well, this one looks much empty. Darkmantle, you say? Yeah, I can see where it took its name from.

Still busy brushing the blood from his face, he turns to the others and nodsin the door's direction.

Look, if there's nothing else I suggest we move on and look around some more before settling for the night. Hope you agree.

I move two squares in and ready a movement action. If I see or hear something unusual (perception rolls are up to you, right?) I draw my weapon.

RCgothic
2011-09-04, 09:37 AM
Arlayna

Having quickly searched the room and retrieved her bow, Arlayna moves through the door after Kors, also alert for danger, particularly anything on the ceiling.

See anything?

She begins to cross the room to the other open door.

TurtleKing
2011-09-04, 11:22 AM
Westlay
Hey don't leave me! Westlay quickly follows to keep up with group.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-04, 11:38 AM
Rennes wrinkles his snout at the smell of the dead darkmantle, and gives the corpse a wide berth. Inwardly, the kobold was pleased to see the big folk upholding their end of the bargain; namely, killing anything dangerous that moved. As he approached the unexplored door, he rubbed his scaly hands together; he didn't want to repeat the fire trap folly over again. It was more than professional pride at stake: he was a kobold, damn it! The art of traps was in his blood.

Standard Door Procedure on the new door.
Open Lock?: [roll0]
Disable Device?: [roll1]

Mr.Christie
2011-09-04, 12:28 PM
Sir Gabriel prepares himself to rush in through the door after Kors.

RCgothic
2011-09-04, 12:30 PM
Arlayna

Seeing Rennes scuttle towards the open doorway, Arlayna feels obliged to issue a warning.

Um, Rennes? Might want to keep back, we don't know what's through that door. Is there anything in this room we can use? Or hidden?

With that, Arlayna darts past him, drawing her sword (why did she even put it away?), and pokes her head through the door, scanning for possible threats.

Archwizard
2011-09-04, 05:25 PM
Seth as DMPC

Seth and Hond move into the room after Sir Gabriel, Always stay behind the meat shields, looking around to see if they notice anything.

DM

As soon Hond enters the room, his head perks up and then he starts growling. He appears to be growling at the far door. Then, before anyone can react, a swarm of rats floods into the room! They head straight for the party.

Kors Farer | [roll0] | 1
Arlayna Dariel | [roll1] | 5
Seth | [roll2] | 3
Westlay | [roll3] | 6
Sir Gabriel of Newport | [roll4] | 4
Rennes | [roll5] | 7
Rat Swarm | 16 | 2[/table][/table]

Roll a Dex check, DC 15. If you make it, you get a standard action before the swarm moves in. Kors, if you make it you get a full round action, since you had readied a move action. If you don't, you lose the move action too.

Seth as DMPC

Seth starts to turn to Hond to try and figure out what has upset him when the rats swarm in!

[roll6]
[roll7]

Dandria
2011-09-04, 05:35 PM
Kors

Dex Check: [roll0]

As soon as the cleric lets down the cloak, an horde of ravenous beasts makes its great entry into the room.

Oh, Dammit! Now this is just ridicolous!

He shouts, quickly reaching for his weapon and at the same time cursing himself for his clumsiness. How could he have done something so stupid like seathing the sword just to clean his worthless eyes? Too many mistakes, too many of them and one after the other. He truly need to revise his approach.

Arlayna, Gabriel, keep the line! Wren, Seth, Westlay, stand back and don't let them near you. We must crush these rodens and keep you safe!

No more mistakes. No more comrades on the verge of death. No more.

Mr.Christie
2011-09-04, 05:38 PM
Dex Check[roll0]

(Not last for once :smallbiggrin:)

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-04, 05:42 PM
Rennes

Quick to react to the arrival of the swarm, Rennes makes a hasty retreat to the back of the ranks.

Rennes will make a Restricted Withdraw, moving 35 ft. (+5 ft. boost from the kobold racial sub.), getting as far away from the swarm as he can; he'll wind up in the previous room, column A somewhere.

Archwizard
2011-09-04, 05:57 PM
Seth as DMPC

Seth is able to react as the swarm comes in and he yells, "Hond, attack!" before invoking a spell and sending a bit of acid at the swarm.

Hond moves up to the rats.

Seth uses acid splash, [roll0]
Hond can't attack, people in his way for charging.

DM

The acid hits the rats, but they just keep coming. They swarm over Gabriel, Rennes, Kors and Seth, biting and scratching as they do so.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] He got away in time.
[roll4]

Anyone in the swarm must make a DC 12 Fortitude save.
In order to act, anyone in the swarm must make a DC 12 Fortitude save, otherwise they are nauseated.
Spellcasting in the swarm requires a Concentration check, DC 20 + SL
Using certain skills in the swarm requires a Concentration check of DC 20.

Anyone who made their reflex check above can subject the swarm to an AoO

Seth as DMPC

Seth yells, "Oh man, get these filthy critters off me."

Seth had his xbow out, no AoO here.

Archwizard
2011-09-04, 06:06 PM
Seth as DMPC

I forgot to roll his Fort save, oops.
[roll0]

DM

Seth feels a chill run down his back as he feels the onset of sickness.

Mr.Christie
2011-09-04, 06:10 PM
Sir Gabriel swings his glaive at the rat while saying "Filthy vermin".

I'm using Stand Still to prevent the rats from leaving their square they started from. If I hit they have to roll a reflex save with a DC of 10 + damage in order to move. No damage is done to them.
Attack Roll[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Dandria
2011-09-04, 06:29 PM
Kors

Where do these things come from, anyway? Why is everything in this place trying to kills us? And how come they DIE, YOU ACCURSED BEASTS! DIE! DIE!

Overwhelmed by blind rage, he draws his morning star and smashes it as hard as he can against the swarm. The Lady's holy simbol shakes for a moment, as an heat wave runs across his arm toward the falling weapon.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TurtleKing
2011-09-04, 06:33 PM
Westlay[roll0] to act. If then will roll the L Dice [roll1] abilities and skill checks

Mr.Christie
2011-09-04, 06:41 PM
(The other 3 AoO)

Attack Roll1[roll0]
Damage Roll1[roll1]
Attack Roll2[roll2]
Damage Roll2[roll3]
Attack Roll3[roll4]
Damage Roll3[roll5]

Mr.Christie
2011-09-04, 11:18 PM
Fort Save:
[roll0]

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 12:20 AM
DM

So far, everyone has managed to resist the effects of the diseased rats. They stay where they are, chewing on Seth, Kors and Sir Gabriel. Each of them feels dozens of rats crawling, clawing, biting them all over.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Gabriel and Kors need to make another DC 12 Fort save vs. Disease.
Seth failed last time, so he's already sick.

Seth falls under the rats' constant attempts to feed on him, he lies on the ground, dying.

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 12:31 AM
Seth as DMPC

Seth grunts as he falls to the ground, unconscious. Hond barks seeing Seth falls and attacks the rat swarm.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 12:33 AM
DM

Seth fails to stabilize, but Hond viciously tears into a bunch of rats, sending some of the little vermin flying.

RCgothic
2011-09-05, 02:04 AM
Arlayna

Arlayna hears the swarm coming, but is too late do do anything except exchange her greatsword for her warhammer, and then the swarm pours past her! She lunges at them as they pass!

Power Attack of Opportunity! [roll0]
Critical Damage: [roll4]

However, she fumbles! As the swarm assaults her other party members, she attempts to go to their aid, striking at the rats around Sir Gabriel.

Power Attack! [roll5]
Critical: [roll6]
Fumble: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Critical Damage: [roll9]
(If she dropped her warhammer earlier, she uses her move action to draw her greatsword again, in which case the damage rolls will need to be redone.)

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 02:20 AM
DM

Arlayna manages to step on a rat as the swarm runs through her area, and she loses her balance and falls on the ground, hard.

Arlayna takes [roll0] damage and must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be knocked unconscious for [roll1] rounds.
If that succeeds, make a DC 15 Reflex save to hold onto Arlayna's weapon. If either fails, Arlayna's weapon will go sliding into the northeast corner as she falls forwards.

Mr.Christie
2011-09-05, 02:29 AM
Sir Gabriel forces himself from vomiting as he steps back 10 feet (to -3, E) and attacks the swarm of rats "Yuck, these rats are the foulest creatures we've fought so far. (Not that we've fought much before)."

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 02:53 AM
DM

Sir Gabriel and Kors both manage to resist the disease the filthy rats are carrying, but both succumb to a sense of nausea stemming from the rats just crawling over them. They look like they want to vomit.

RCgothic
2011-09-05, 06:12 AM
Arlayna

Arlayna attempts to shake off the blow to her head and retain a hold on her weapon.
Fortitude: [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1]
Damage dealt with greatsword if she loses hold of her warhammer but remains conscious: [roll2] halved.

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 06:34 AM
DM

Unfortunately, Arlayna lands at a bad angle on the floor and loses consciousness. The last thing she sees is her warhammer flying out of her and into the northeast corner of the room.

This means that the turn you would have taken is actually round 1 of 2 of unconsciousness, only 1 more to go.

Dandria
2011-09-05, 07:08 AM
Kors

GRAAH, WHY WON'T THIS THINGS STAY DOWN?! Everybody, retreat and close the door! We need to stop this attack or we're all dead!

Kors shouts and wildly swings the morning star, while tiny, sharp teeths pierce his skin and tear his flesh. Behind him, Seth has fallen, but he's way too focused on the constant bites to even notice him. Only when Arlayna goes down he realize that retreat is not an option anymore.

DAMMIT! Gabriel, run to a corner while I go for the other! If we force them to choose between one of us the other can still try to attack.

I move to A-5. Like in A comma -5, not A dash 5

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-05, 10:12 AM
Rennes
The kobold keeps retreating, drawing out his sling as he does so. Although kobolds don't sweat, he probably would if he could. He couldn't see what was happening back there, but it didn't sound good at all.

Moving to E-6, and drawing my sling.

TurtleKing
2011-09-05, 12:10 PM
Westlay
OOC Bet it is my turn now since my initiative jumped up by 1.
Westlay moves into the doorway. Get down with the sicknness. Westlay then proceeds to projectile vomit over the rat being careful not to get too much on his friends.
Westlay moves to A0. L Dice [roll0] attack and damage ALL. Fortitude save pretty sure last turns L Dice helps...[roll1]. Attacking C -2 first attack:[roll2] ranged touch. Damage:[roll3] acid damage.

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 06:25 PM
DM

As Rennes moves away, Westlay's acid lands on the swarm. The rats start squeaking very loudly, almost drowning out any other noise as they run from the acid. The swarm completely breaks up, and the surviving rats disperse through the open doors. There must be dozens of rats corpses all over the floor, including one very squished one underneath Arlayna.

After they are gone, Arlayna sits up a little groggily, but Seth remains on the ground. Hond walks over to Seth and starts nudging him with his nose.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-05, 10:43 PM
After hearing the majority of the squeaking commotion fade away, Rennes returns to the room with the rest of the group, poking his head from behind the door frame.
The room was a mess of dead rats, blood, and scattered weaponry. Things... were not going very smoothly, the kobold reflected.
He took no move to help Seth; he was no healer, and he was interested to see how the others would respond, considering they were the ones who objected to his actions so recently. Would they help him, or let him reap what he'd sown?

Mr.Christie
2011-09-05, 10:50 PM
Sir Gabriel walks up towards Seth. He looks and his body and asks "Is he there anything we can do to help him."

TurtleKing
2011-09-05, 11:03 PM
Westlay
So how do like me now? Westlay then tries to stabilize Seth.
Heal check. [roll0]

Archwizard
2011-09-05, 11:14 PM
DM

Westlay tends to Seth, managing to clean wounds and stop bleeding. Seth should recover with time.

RCgothic
2011-09-06, 01:58 AM
Arlayna

...urgh...

Arlayna slowly sits up. There's a stabbing pain in her temple where she must have hit her head, and it takes a moment for the room to come back into focus. The sounds in the room indicate the rats have been defeated, so she takes a few seconds to collect herself before standing up, gratified that at least there seem to be no lasting after-effects. She then surveys the room, noting that Seth is down but being attended to, whilst Kors and Gabriel look in a bad way.

Sorry guys, I wish I could have been more help. Is Seth OK?

She retrieves her hammer from the corner of the room, and the pounding in her head gradually recedes.

I think I feel OK now; my head's stopped swimming. Are you guys OK to continue, or is it time to call a rest? Hang on, I'll just check we're not about to get any more unwelcome surprises.

Arlayna moves to the Northern door, and checks the space beyond, looking for more threats.

Archwizard
2011-09-06, 02:48 AM
DM

Arlayna peers out of the doorway and into the hallway. The air feels a little colder out in the hall. There is a closed door to the northeast, an open doorway to the northwest, the hall turns north farther to the west, and turns to the south to the east. Arlayna spots fresh tracks and blood droppings from where the rats scattered.

Dandria
2011-09-06, 03:43 AM
Kors

Under the acid shower conjured by Westlay, the rats squeak and scream like the disgusting beasts they are. They writhe, flop around and finally break up, running for the door. Relieved, Kors leans against the wall and catches a deep breath.

Well, that went pretty bad. Fourth, fifth room in this place and we already almost managed to get ourselves killed. Thanks, by the way.

He tells Westlay, nodding in his direction while reaching the passed out Seth.

That was helpful. Now, what should we do with him? I could put him back on his feet, but that'd be my last serious curative spell for the day. Then, we'd be pretty much on our own. Suggestions?

RCgothic
2011-09-06, 06:08 AM
Arlayna
Arlayna finishes scouting the hallway, then closes the door behind her as she turns back to the group.

The area ahead looks substantial. It’s some sort of hallway with doors leading off it, some of them open - perfect ambush territory. Much as I hate to say it, I don't think we can press ahead; it's going to take more than one spell to get us back in fighting condition.

I think we should backtrack to the room with the dead ork in it, remove said ork and any rats that have got there, barricade the doors and take a rest break. Kors, you should get Seth back on his feet, then use any remaining minor healing spells. We can then tend any remaining injuries, and hopefully we'll be in better shape in a half-score hours. Any objections?

Mr.Christie
2011-09-06, 09:10 AM
"Sounds like a plan Arlayna. We took a beating against those rats, any other attacks and we could all be dead."

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-06, 09:31 AM
Rennes spits on the ground, then rubs the back of his scaly neck.
"No sense in pushing things too hard. I'll see to securing our camp site, and take first watch."

Once we've hunkered down in our chosen room, could Rennes use Disable Device to jam the doors? While it probably wouldn't keep intruders out, it would at least make noise and delay them, giving us a chance to ready ourselves.

TurtleKing
2011-09-06, 09:39 AM
Westlay
All right. So what do you think we will need tomorrow? I can currently prepare two different soulmelds at a time. Dissolving Spittle stays, but what about the other one? Also I do have some healing potions.

Archwizard
2011-09-06, 09:41 AM
DM

The group retreats to the room that had the dead orc in it. Rennes gets some items and tries to jam the doors while you set up bedrolls and similar items. You each set about mundane tasks such as eating, taking care of gear, etc, while Arlayna and Kors tend to wounds.

Okay, so Rennes can make a Disable Device check for each door to see how effectively he jams it.
Kors needs to spell out exactly how his remaining healing spells will be allocated.
Everyone can make a DC 15 Heal check for each character, highest value is the one that matters. A critical fail overrides all successes except a critical success. In that case, they offset and count as a regular fail.
Everyone needs to decrement their rations by 1. My theory on dealing with this is simple: Every time you rest for 8 hours, you lose 1 day's worth of food. If you seem to be going for a ridiculously long time, I may actually go through and figure out how much game-time has passed and apply food loss, fatigue penalties, etc. But most of the time, this should be a simplification that accomplishes the desired effect without requiring a crapton of calculations or bookkeeping.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-06, 09:53 AM
Rennes collects stones and other bits of detritus, removing a small mallet from his bundle of thieves' tools. He pounds the objects into the seams between the doors and the frames, aiming to not only jam the doors, but cause a great deal of noise should something attempt to force their way through.

After setting out his sleeping mat, the kobold also produces an hourglass from his pack. He shows this to the group, encouraging whomever is on watch to use it to help mark the passage of time.

Already uninjured, and not particularly familiar with warm-blooded humanoid anatomy, Rennes does not attempt to tend to any wounds; his clawed fingers might cause more harm than good. Instead, he loads his sling, and keeps up his vigil during his first shift of the watch.

Disable Device checks to jam the doors:
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]

Fun fact: kobolds are cold-blooded. According to page 39 of Races of the Dragon, a kobold in an area of relative warmth only needs to eat food every 3 days. Conversely, after three days in an area where the temperature is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, a kobold needs to start eating three times as much food every day afterward.

Since we ate food on the way here, Rennes probably doesn't need to eat again for over 70 hours.

Dandria
2011-09-06, 11:03 AM
Kors

Fair enough, then. I'll carry Seth back to the big room and heal him as soon as the rest of us are done. I'm not really in the mood to watch him desecrate the bodies of those orcs, you know?

Putting away the morning star, he kneels on the passed out sorcerer and starts lifting him up. Later, at the camp, he takes off his cloak and wipes his hands.

So. Let's stitch up some wounds, uh? I'll then use what healing spells I've left and call it a day. Who's first?

My Heal checks:

[roll0] - Sir Gabriel
[roll1] - Arlayna
[roll2] - Kors
[roll3] - Westlay (If he's hurt. If not, just ignore it)
[roll4] - Seth

Well, now that went good. Crit Fail on Seth, you say? Poetic.

I use CLW on Seth, one CMW on Gabriel and the other one on Arlayna.

TurtleKing
2011-09-06, 11:12 AM
Westlay
Hey I asked what do you think we might need for tomorrow? Ask I might be able to shape it.

RCgothic
2011-09-06, 11:15 AM
Arlayna
Arlayna drags the dead ork into the L-shaped room with the other dead orks, then chases the few remaining rats out of the room so that Rennes can seal the doors. After that she eats a day’s worth of rations and has a sip from one of her two waterskins. Finally, before the first watch she goes around helping Kors attend to the injuries sustained so far.

I really don't know what you'd be capable of, Westlay. Something less irritating than those dice?

She winks as she says that to let him know she's not serious. However, she declines Kors healing spell.

Use your healing powers on someone else Kors, I feel fine.

Heal Kors: [roll0]
Heal Gabriel: [roll1]
Heal Seth: [roll2]
Heal Westlay: [roll3]
Heal Self: [roll4]

TurtleKing
2011-09-06, 11:26 AM
Westlay
Well I could meld so as to have a pet, light source, or boots that let my fly over a chasm. Just name something and I'll tell you if I can do it or not. Oh to get this out of the way no undead creating or anti undead. Well anti undead other than melting that is.Westlay then eats and drinks from his flask.Shame you didn't buy these Weeping Flasks they replenish as the day goes by.

Dandria
2011-09-06, 11:51 AM
Kors

As you wish, milady. I'll use it to cure myself, then, and wait tomorrow to better patch our sleeping friend. Between you and me, Arlayna

He says, lowering his voice to a whisper and awkwardly rubbing his neck.

I fear we did an awful, awful job with his wounds. He'll probably need another spell before being ready to go.

Then, his voice turns back to normal.

Anyway, I'm going to eat now. Call me if you need something else. As for you, Westlay. . . well, I don't really know what you can or cannot do. Something to scout ahead would be useful, I think.

Archwizard
2011-09-06, 11:56 AM
DM

The time passes uneventfully, although the ministrations for Seth go fairly wrong and he barely heals. After your rest is over, everyone prepares to pack up and continue.

Okay so, healing:
Seth: +3 HP to 1 total.
Kors: +9 HP to 11 total.
Arlayna: +5 HP to 9 total. Note this assumes CmW was NOT used on Arlayna.
Rennes: +1 HP to 3 total.
Westlay: +4 HP to 9 total.
Gabriel: +6 to 9 total. Note this assumes BOTH CmW were used on Gabriel. Not sure why Gabe's sheet says 13/15.

You have 6 days worth of healing supplies.

Westlay needs to pick a meld.
Kors I assume will keep the same spells at each rest unless otherwise posted.
Last call for Heal checks on anyone.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-06, 12:54 PM
At some point, Rennes approaches Westlay, his eyes squinted with distrust.
"...Rilkan, right? Those scales... you wouldn't happen to have draconic ancestry, hmm?"

RCgothic
2011-09-06, 12:57 PM
Arlayna

Actually Kors, there is something else. I'm not usually piously inclined, but today's event weigh heavily on me and I would ask for absolution from The White Lady. Those orks were not our enemy, and their slaughter was needless and repugnant. Their deaths stain my soul.

And even after that there's my clumsiness against the rats that nearly got you all killed, and my failure to help anyone save myself - though I despise Seth right now, I would not deliberately harm him whilst rendering aid, yet I fear I have done just that! I would ask the white lady's forgiveness and a divine blessing to restore my soul's grace.

TurtleKing
2011-09-06, 02:02 PM
Westlay
Westlay melds the same meld around his throat as yesterday. He doesn't meld the Lucky Dice to his arms though. Instead he melds this one to his head. Doing so a purplish ball spiked with short, stubby, tentacles floats around him. Isn't he cute? I think I'll call him Sparky. And yes I am a Rilkan which are descended from Mishtai. Were they reptilian or draconic don't know. Just be glad I am not a Skarn. Because...well... you know how a Paladin with a stick stuck up his rear is? Skarns are worse. If its not perfect to them it is...failure.
This time I have a the Soulspark Familiar melded. So I have a little scout that can only go out to 10ft away from me. So can only use him to look around corners. So I now attack with a +4 on my acid spit dealing 1d6+1 damage upto 30ft range touch. Sparky attacks with +5 dealing 1d4+1 at a range of 5ft that doesn't provoke AoO. Gave Sparky fast healing 1. He also has evasion, amorphous, and damage reduction 1/law. So he is a hardy little bugger.

Dandria
2011-09-06, 02:04 PM
Kors

The cleric has just strapped on the shield and he's tightening his cloak when Arlayna approaches him. A religious quandary was not what he'd have expected upon awakening, but he's quick to react.

Absolution? I think you are being too hard on yourself, my dear! Sure, it was indeed a dishonorable act, but not something you could have prevented. In the eyes of The Lady not stopping others from doing something stupid isn't a sin. Remember that I worship a warrior goddes, not a kind one. Yes, Seth spat in the face of fairness, but that was hardly your fault.

He smiles and draws his sword, weighing it.

Moreover, what happened to you with the rats and the sorcerer wounds happened to me as well. We survived thanks to team work and faced our fair share of bad luck. It happens and it's nobody fault. In the end, you're still a good fighter and a noble comrade. Cheer up, would you?

Mr.Christie
2011-09-06, 02:50 PM
It was a hard day, Arlayna
do not worry yourself on what Seth did, all you did was defend.Sir Gabriel lulls himself to sleep shortly after.

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-06, 03:04 PM
Rennes stares at the floating ball of energy hovering near Westlay's head, nonplussed. He'd never heard of a Mishtai before. His understanding of incarnum was all but non-existent; his race's weak fortitude meant they could not harness soul energy with the same gusto as other, more hardy races.
Muttering to himself in Draconic, the kobold goes about packing up his things, and removing the obstructions from the doors with a small chisel.
"We may need to bash these puppies open. One of you giants want to lend me a hand?"

Can Disable Device un-stick the doors, or is that more the territory of Strength checks?
(just in case) [roll0] ; [roll1]

TurtleKing
2011-09-06, 03:15 PM
Westlay
Westlay walks over to right beside Sir Gabriel having Sparky right over him. WAKE UP. We just slept. Are you Sir Gabriel the Slow because you are in fact Sir Gabriel the Tired? For added measure I direct Sparky empathically to float down and mess with the ears, eyes, and nose of Sir Gabriel the Slow. With his tentacles.

RCgothic
2011-09-06, 03:31 PM
Arlayna

Arlayna chuckles at Westlay's gentle teasing of Sir Gabriel, and helps Rennes with the doors.

Archwizard
2011-09-07, 01:16 AM
Seth as DMPC

Seth chuckles as well at Westlay, then he sort of coughs and says, "Wow, I feel really weak. Those damned rats really did a number on me. Kors, can I get some more healing?"

DM

Rennes and Arlayna undo the jamming of the doors and the party heads north. Westlay has Sparky head around the east corner. He reports a 20' wide corridor that ends in an open door.

Dandria
2011-09-07, 02:21 AM
Kors

As a matter of fact, yes you can. Keep walking, I'll cure you as we go.

Finally ready to start the day, he moves back with the others toward the last room, the rats room, and beckons Seth to follow him. Indeed, he thinks, this going to be a long day.

I convert all my orisons to CmW for Seth. It should be enough for a while.

Archwizard
2011-09-07, 02:25 AM
Seth as DMPC

"Thank you Kors. Glad to see you know I'm worth it."

Seth is now at 4/5 HP.

Dandria
2011-09-07, 02:39 AM
Kors

A great day for teamwork all around, I see. Well, you're welcome. Come on now, let's keep going.

Darkness spreads behind the door. The hallway goes from West to East, with tempting corners and open doors. Kors leans forward and looks around, pondering the options.

Look, Wren and I should probably scout ahead before anyone else leave this room. You know, for traps or other rats. Do you agree?

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-07, 09:32 AM
Rennes squints up at Kors.
"...You a human? Or can you see in the dark? You won't hear me complain if you want me in the back. Just let me know if there's anything suspicious."

Dandria
2011-09-07, 10:56 AM
Kors

Celestial ascendance and good eyes: I can do just fine even in the deepest darkness. Wich, by the way, is the entire point: we can take a quick look, search for some trap and then come back here without allerting eventual enemies. This only if the others want to wait, that's obvious.

The corridor is still empty and, oustside the room, silence reigns sovereign. If someone is listening behind a corner then surprise is as good as gone.

TurtleKing
2011-09-07, 11:46 AM
Westlay
Wait let me send Sparky he can scout a short distance ahead.Westlay moves over 5ft sending Sparky out into the hall. After waiting a moment then sends Sparky on a short trip to the right and left.
After sending Sparky out in to the hall waiting till the end of the round before sending him back and forth using doubles moves for each direction making sure Sparky is within 10ft each round. Sparky's Perception East: 1d20+6, West: 1d20+6. Hide: 1d20+14. Move Silently: 1d20+6.

RCgothic
2011-09-07, 01:03 PM
Arlayna

Arlayna scratches vague patterns in the dust on the floor whilst waiting for Sparky's scouting to be complete.

All clear? I think Gabriel and I should scout round the corner to the West, whilst Kors holds our flank to the East.

Mr.Christie
2011-09-07, 01:53 PM
"That sounds like a fair plan Arlayna."

Dandria
2011-09-07, 02:32 PM
Kors

Got it. If that's the case, I shall then take the Eastern corner. Wren, wait for my signal: if the way is clear I'll need you to check that door before we can open it.

Firmly grasping the sword and raising his shield, the cleric leaves the room and slowly begins to walk down the hallway. He moves cautiously, ready to welcome a further assault.

I move to ac1 and Total Defend. Let's see what happens.

RCgothic
2011-09-07, 03:28 PM
Arlayna

Arlayna moves west with Gabriel, and stops when she gets to the first door. She peers inside, holding up her lantern, ready to slam the door closed if she spots anything.

Move to v1.

Archwizard
2011-09-08, 10:44 AM
Seth as DMPC

"Well," Seth says to Kors, "I might as well help you watch the east flank. Besides, you never want to be too far from the cleric." He winks at Kors with that statement.

Seth moves up to AB2 and Hond goes to AA1

Archwizard
2011-09-08, 11:14 AM
DM

Arlayna peers into the room, it's 30'x30' with an open doorway straight ahead into another room that appears to be almost exactly identical, including another open doorway beyond that. The first room feels unusually cold. Nothing is in the room except for dust and random bits of junk, things like splintered wood, broken armor bits, and other pieces that can't even be identified.

RCgothic
2011-09-08, 01:57 PM
Arlayna

Arlayna whispers her assessment to Sir Gabriel.

Seems all clear, but there's another door. We could get quite sidetracked, so I suggest we close this door and continue down the corridor for now.

Arlayna pulls the door closed, then conveys her intention to continue intention to Kors using hand signals. She then moves forward to peer round the corner of the corridor.

Archwizard
2011-09-08, 04:38 PM
DM

Arlayna moves down the corridor to the corner and then carefully peers around it. She sees a corridor that appears completely empty. It's 10' wide and longer than can be seen with just a lantern.

TurtleKing
2011-09-08, 05:47 PM
Westlay
So which way do we go? Do we go right, left, forward, backward, up, down, long ways, short ways, spiral ways, or even one step back to three bunny hops inward?