PDA

View Full Version : An anti-theurge prc (3.5, epic-level, wip, peach)

enderlord99
2011-08-27, 05:50 PM
An anti-theurge is, essentially, a combination of 2 or more non-magical classes, just as a normal theurge is a combination of 2+ types of magic.

{name pending}

prerequisites:

23 dexterity
Swift hunter feat
swift ambusher feat
daring outlaw feat

full BaB
good fortitude saves
d10 hitpoints
Stacks with Ranger, Scout, Rogue, and Swashbuckler levels to determine the things the feats help with.

(please make a more readable version for me)

blackjack217
2011-08-27, 06:28 PM
try this table making thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205677)

wuwuwu
2011-08-27, 07:39 PM
Well all the theurge classes combines a non-divine [caster/invocation user/psionicist/whatever] with a divine caster class, not really just 2 casters. An anti-theurge would be someone who rejects divine magic, I guess?

So... this stacks all of those classes at once? So if I went Ranger 1/Rogue 1/ Swashbuckler 1/ Scout 1 I'd be progressing 4 classes at once?

Besides the crazy high dex pre-req, why wouldn't I take this class?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-27, 07:51 PM
How is this an epic-level PrC? And it doesn't look like it should be. 23 dex is easy. 18 starting score, +2 race, +3 for 12 levels.

Also, how many levels is this?

enderlord99
2011-08-27, 11:24 PM
Well all the theurge classes combines a non-divine [caster/invocation user/psionicist/whatever] with a divine caster class, not really just 2 casters. An anti-theurge would be someone who rejects divine magic, I guess?

So... this stacks all of those classes at once? So if I went Ranger 1/Rogue 1/ Swashbuckler 1/ Scout 1 I'd be progressing 4 classes at once?

Besides the crazy high dex pre-req, why wouldn't I take this class?

Not all features are replicated. Just the ones that already stack between 2 or more of those classes because of those feats.

Also, the term "theurge" is often used unofficially to refer to any combination of 2+ forms of magic, etc.

EDIT: I've kind of decided against using this for any purpose anyway. Feel free to EACH, but I'm not likely to pay much attention (because I've abandoned this project). If your interested in things related to those feats (which some people probably are), check out my "contest-like thingy."

wuwuwu
2011-08-27, 11:45 PM
Not all features are replicated. Just the ones that already stack between 2 or more of those classes because of those feats.

Also, the term "theurge" is often used unofficially to refer to any combination of 2+ forms of magic, etc.

Ah, I see. So there are still benefits to doing the actual classes, I see.

I'm not sure if that second part is right though. Psychic Theurge = psionics+divine magic, Mystic Theurge = Arcane + divine magic, Eldritch Theurge = Warlock+divine magic.

Whereas Soulcaster = arcane magic + incarnum, Cerebramancer = arcane magic + psionics, Archmage = spontaneous+prepared arcane casting.

It seems that unofficially, it's being used to denote a progression of [whatever magic source] and divine magic.