PDA

View Full Version : Forum rule clarification

Katasi
2011-08-28, 12:00 AM
I have a question concerning the inappropriate topics rule. Under that rule it states that criminal activities are illegal to discuss, and that rule states they are illegal to discuss even when they intersect with gaming. Therefore would a game where the character are criminals terrorizing a city be against the rules, and would discussion of a campaign based on that concept be against the rules?

[Edit] thinking about it, I'm also curious whether a campaign based around the crusaders or some other historical period where religion played a key role would break the no real-world religions rule?

The Giant
2011-08-28, 07:54 AM
I have a question concerning the inappropriate topics rule. Under that rule it states that criminal activities are illegal to discuss, and that rule states they are illegal to discuss even when they intersect with gaming. Therefore would a game where the character are criminals terrorizing a city be against the rules, and would discussion of a campaign based on that concept be against the rules?

That would be OK, as long as the actual gameplay did not include extensive descriptions of criminal activities that could be copied. The "not even when intersecting with gaming" doesn't mean that characters in a game can't break the law, it means that you can't have a discussion on how lockpicking really works just because you want your game to be more realistic, or have your PbP characters brew crystal meth step-by-step.

[Edit] thinking about it, I'm also curious whether a campaign based around the crusaders or some other historical period where religion played a key role would break the no real-world religions rule?

If this took place in our world with the actual religions involved (i.e. Christians and Muslims in the Middle East), then yes, it would be disallowed. If you want to create a fictional analogue with fictional religions (Zuumites invading the holy lands of the Crumticulas), that would be permitted...

...as long as it wasn't so thinly veiled as to be essentially identical to reality (Bristians attacking the city of Berusalem, held by the Buslims).