PDA

View Full Version : Tide of Pain [Deathwatch]: IC

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-28, 01:11 AM
OOC Thread is Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11733605#post11733605)

You stand on the viewing platform of the Battleship Invictus and look down upon the planet Charadon, even from orbit the scars of war are visible.

Cutting across the Northern hemisphere, almost from pole to equator, there is a massive scar carved into the earth. A line of trenches and fortifications that holds back the green hoard. An infestation of Orks that have butchered their way across most of the northern continent of Kislev. The Imperial Guard have layered their fortifications across the south-east coast and have, for now, stopped the advance of the Waaagh and halted its attack on the hive cities of Karath the larger continent to the south.

You can see why you are here, far behind the battle-lines you see a massive excavation project, something visible from space. You have never seen anything on this scale before, especially done by Orks.

Impressive, is it not? says a soft voice behind you. You turn around to see a figure descending the stairs into the Viewing Platform. You are impressed that this mortal can sneak up on this many Superhumans. It is a construction that even I, with my vast experience, cannot explain or understand. he looks at each of you in turn, unseen eyes behind an elaborate silver mask meet yours and you feel their power. I find myself needing the assistance of persons with skills that are... different from mine.

Lucretia
2011-08-28, 01:46 AM
Saint Lilian looked at the site, confusion running through her blessed mind. She turned at the voice, arching an eyebrow. Her wings were tucked behind her, but beside the Space Marines, Lilian looked slight, lithe. She smiled at the mysterious commander of this Deathwatch.

"My lord, your need must be great to call upon so great a coterie of soldiers. How may we help you?"

Donan
2011-08-28, 01:49 AM
Bjorn has his eyes fixed directly on the excavation project, looking through starship metal and glass, the void of space and the sky of the planet to focus on something the Librarian, in all his experience, has never seen before.

He stands firmly as he studies it, the staff that is the symbol of who and what he is held at his side. He doesn't turn as the figure approaches them from behind but his mouth twitches in a faint smile as he's impressed by the skilled approach.

"We understand why you called for the Deathwatch now. This is of great concern."

He levels his staff, the tip pointing at the construction, far, far below them. "The Orks only care for war, nothing else is important to them. Either something has changed their nature, which I would call impossible, or they re being driven by another force, one unseen."

He grimances. "And one cunning enough to use Orks to shield itself from view. Not only do the brutes block more mundane senses, but they cloud my vision. I cannot learn anything of this event at such a distance."

He finally turns, staff tapping on the floor. "How did they infest this world? A rok? Were there other signs, events?"

He offers the Saint beside him a slight smile, inclining his head. "We have an enemy to expose little sister. And Orks in our path."

He grinned faintly to show his fangs, experience and loss not enough to rob the Space Wolf of his passion for battle.

rb780nm
2011-08-28, 08:10 AM
Juviel smiles. "When I fought the Orks on Baal, we slew them to the last. We will defeat this infestation with the same vigor."

Telasi
2011-08-28, 08:24 PM
Brother-Apothecary Daur stands with his helmet under his left arm, gazing analytically down on the world below. At the newcomer's words, he turns and waits expectantly.

Daur is a serious looking man with short black hair, greying at the edges. A thin scar crosses his left eye, and a fifty year service stud is set on his brow. His armor bears the white color and double helix markings of the apothecarion on his right kneepad, helmet, forearms, and backpack. His right shoulderpad bears the mark of the Knights Sentinel: a burning candle on a dark grey field, edged with blue.

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-28, 11:20 PM
The masked figure nods to Bjorn War moves this Waaagh, so i believe it is reasonable to believe that this... project he gestures to the massive pit is some form of weapon, possibly of Xenos origin or even from the Dark Age of Technology. he turns back towards you, reflected light from the planet hiding his masked face in shadows A weapon i will not permit them to have.

He gestures to each of you in turn That is why you are here, Angels of Death and Servants of the Emperor. Masters of War.

I want you to destroy the creature behind this project, and bring me its head.

Telasi
2011-08-29, 12:07 AM
"It is suspected, then, that the Orks themselves are seeking this artifact on behalf of a greater foe? If so, is it more likely that this is the work of the Archenemy, or that of a different xenos race? We will require any data available on the site itself, as well."

Donan
2011-08-29, 12:34 AM
"Hm. I agree Brother Apothecary. The Archenemy may well be at work here, but I would also suspect the Eldar, they have a perchent for deception and maniuplation."

The Librarian grunted. "But I won't spend time making more guesses, I'll divine what this is soon enough."

He turned to face the masked figure again. "I need all the information you have on the history of this planet. And given the nature of the happenings here we need to be sure of your devotion to the Allfather."

He raps the end of his staff on the metal floor with a ringing thud, the tip beginning to glow with a faint blue light as his eyes do the same. "No harm will come to you, but I will see you."

Reading. (Unfettered). Target of 77
[roll0]

brolthemighty
2011-08-29, 02:28 AM
Watching from the back of the group, Brother Ezekiel assesses the mood of the team. They are eager to purge the filth from this planet, as is fitting. Once again he faces the Orkish hordes. The Unstoppable Force. The Tide of Green. His nerve did not falter before, and he would not falter again.

Stepping forward, he addresses the squad, "Brothers, once again we face the Green Horde. Their infestation of this planet has obviously bitten deep. It is time they know why they call us the Angels of Death."

Lucretia
2011-08-29, 06:10 AM
A serene peace took Lilian's face as her eyes closed, the holy energies of the Emperor sweeping through her body. Her own staff also closed, the faint appearance of a great glaive appearing at one end, and her wings unfurled from behind her.

Invocation Test
Willpower + Staff = Target 88
[roll0]

Fettered Paragon Focus Power Test
Willpower + Psychic Hood = Target 78
[roll1]

"My grace is your grace; my willpower, your own. Allow the Holy God-Emperor to embrace you, guide you, and through His servant, partake in His glory." A wave of psychic energy extended out about twenty meters from her, affecting four of her compatriots. They were now able to use any of her characteristics in lieu of their own, if they had the inclination to. She opened her eyes and smiled at them. "Brothers, please ask your questions of our commander. When we are ready, I would like to speak with you."

Gamgee
2011-08-29, 09:13 AM
Hannibal
As the conversation goes on the Techpmarine stands far in the back away from the others, he knew they sometimes didn't like looking at his unusual armour with the respirator, power claw, wards, and sigils of the Adeptus Mechanicus. At long last over pondering the issue Techmarine Hannibal can stay silent no longer, his voice has an odd mechanical drone to it "I doubt these orcs are behind it. They've seemingly come to an evolutionary standstill long ago. If some dark powers have given them focus we should all pray to the Omnissiah." He pauses before continuing to speak, choosing his words carefully "When we find this lost technology or even modern technology as the case may be. What do you intend to do with it?"

rb780nm
2011-08-29, 09:20 AM
"This Waagh, Which warboss leads it? What do we know about him and his previous battles?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-29, 04:58 PM
My sources tell me that the Waaagh is led by a Cybork named Durog Gutwort, he and a trio of Big Mechs have armed and organised the Waaagh into an impressive fighting force. They have won several battles against the Imperial Guard during the opening stages of the war through use of Blitzkrieg tactics. However thanks to reinforcements of the 57th and 234th Cadian Armored Companies the Guard managed to turn them back. He looks down at the planet Now we sit at a stalemate, one that will be shattered if the Orks get their hands on that weapon. We must find it and destroy it.

Bjorn

You can feel hundreds of thousands... possibly millions of Orks. They are an ocean of anger and hatred. Your psychic sense sharpens and you focus on the largest and most powerful mind you can find. For a few seconds you have difficulty finding it, like you are pushing through a thick black curtain. But then there it is; a mind full of rage, but controlled rage bent and harnessed rather than running wild. But more than that you can feel strength, his body and mind are immensely strong, beneath this you can feel the more subtle presence of an impressive intellect, for an Ork. This creature is like a Sledgehammer or Maul, a slow and massive weapon but one that can be used with a certain degree of precision.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-29, 07:17 PM
Leonatos silently glares at the planet. He stands with his arms crossed, feeling a great sense of hatred, and excitement at the prospect of shedding alien blood, he licks his lips with anticipation, and listens to the group.

Now we sit at a stalemate, one that will be shattered if the Orks get their hands on that weapon. We must find it and destroy it.

"Then let us begin. This planet has suffered the presence of this xeno filth for far too long..."

Leonatos says with a calm, dignified voice.

Donan
2011-08-30, 04:57 AM
Bjorn wrapped himself in silence for a few minutes, attention focused on the mind of the Ork who led all the rest. A dangerous foe, and either a most unique Ork, or one that somehow been tampered with.

His instincts told him that another enemy hid here, one cunning and careful, and that only a risk of their plans would lead to them being drawn out.

"You call it a weapon. What else do you know of it?"

Gamgee
2011-08-30, 12:27 PM
Hannibal
"Destroy it? What if it's a sacred engine of the Imperium they seek to corrupt? If we make it in time it could still be plausible that it can be saved. Such a weapon in the hands of the Imperium would be devastating for our foes and boost moral greatly. If it can be saved, I urge you to consider it a possibility until we see it."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-30, 03:19 PM
Leonatos looks at the Techmarine. "Don't you think they would have already considered salvaging it, if it was possible?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-30, 04:47 PM
Very little I am afraid. He raises both hands and silver light begins to sculpt pictures as he speaks Several Xenology experts have catalogued several hundred Xenos ruins, mostly concentrated in the northern continent. My colleagues in the Ordo Xenos and I have concluded that it is most probable that the Artifact is a relic of their civilization. Pictures of strange crystalline architecture fill the air This civilization was destroyed during the Great Crusade and their planet was purged and populated by Man.

If my suspicion proves correct then we must destroy this Xenos artifact so it can never be turned against us.

Lucretia
2011-08-30, 04:50 PM
Lilian nodded, despite trying to let the others speak. She was aware of the Deathwatch's history and origins, and her involvement in it was extremely abnormal. She did not wish to engender disunity within the squad. Anything less than absolute faith in the Emperor and one another would lead to failure, and that was something Lilian would not tolerate. So she simply nodded and allowed the others to speak, to continue to unify in their nascent lust for battle.

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-30, 05:10 PM
OOC: you do know that the Emperor and the Omnissiah are the same god according to imperial dogma right?

Almost as if the figure can hear Lilian's thoughts he turns to her and you think he might me smiling. You are correct in wondering why i brought you here. An inquisitive mind is a dangerous one, but also a useful one.

The Order of the Burning Diamond has several monasteries in the various hive cities of Charadon. Despite objections from the Lord Commander they have deployed themselves alongside the Imperial Guard. I'm told their Immolators have made an excellent addition to the Armored Companies, there are even reports of a Living Saint leading the crew of an Immolator. The reports are unverified, but given you arrival my superiors have instructed me to look into the matter. But I digress... Cannoness Valeria herself asked me to send word to you, as she is a personal friend of mine having aided my acolytes in the pursuit of the Ork Warboss Jakar Bigteef, i saw no reason to deny her request.

Lucretia
2011-08-30, 05:22 PM
I knew the Omnissiah was the Emperor, but I wasn't sure if that was the official creed or not. I have edited my post appropriately.

Lilian raised an eyebrow. "Another Saint? I can only hope to be given the chance, once our mission is complete, to verify the reports for myself. Regardless: what did the Cannoness wish for you to tell me? The rumors of another Saint, or perhaps a true message?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-30, 05:27 PM
Its heavily implied that they arent the same god, and that the Omnissiah is actually the Void Dragon; who is a C'tan. however according to the Imperial Cult the Emperor is the Omnissiah.

Gamgee
2011-08-30, 05:47 PM
Hannibal
"If that's the case it seems unlikely recovery is possible, but I do hope you at least leave it as an option if we find some way to tame the machines alien spirits. Though I have my orders, destroy it. You need not doubt my purpose. Only informing you that the situation can change rapidly once on the ground." His breather lets out a puff of steam with a short hiss after he is finished speaking, it's one of the bulkier models. Though reliable.

rb780nm
2011-08-30, 09:50 PM
"You worry too much, brother Hannibal. If the machine can be preserved, it will be. If it must be sacrificed, then it will. All things are expendable in the name of the Imperium," Juviel whispers. "We will take this site, lord. You have the word of the deathwatch on that."

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-30, 10:14 PM
Why would you want to preserve this alien technology? Is it not taught by the Cult Mechanicus that Xenos technology has no machine spirit and is thus an abomination? Such actions would seem profoundly... Heretical. the last word is spoken softly, like a stiletto sliding through flesh.

The Inquisitor turns his back on Hannibal looking instead at Lilian The Cannoness instructed me to inform you that as the Waaagh expanded they captured the tomb of the Holy Mother Divinestra, founder of their Order. It is of profound importance that they recover the shrine where she is buried.

Telasi
2011-08-30, 11:29 PM
Daur steps forward to be between Brother Hannibal and the inquisitor, raising his right hand to cut off any further argument on the subject. "It is the province of the adepts of the Cult Mechanicus to determine precisely what uses of which technologies constitute tech-heresy. Those of us not initiated into that brotherhood would do well to defer to their wisdom in such matters. That said, we do not have the luxury of debating the orthodoxy of this particular artifact, particularly in the absence of any solid data concerning its nature and purpose. There remains an as yet unseen threat here that must be revealed and eliminated before we may devote attention to other concerns. In the unlikely event that this machine survives the battle, it falls to the Adeptus Mechanicus to do with it as they see fit." The apothecary gives a stern look to both tech-marine and inquisitor.

Assuming neither chooses to continue that line of conversation, Brother Daur continues, directing his words at the inquisitor. "The watch captain has seen fit to dispatch this kill-team in accordance with your request for aid, with the understanding that this matter is urgent. If that is so, we waste time with pointless bickering. You will provide us with any and all data concerning our target, the excavation site and its environs, and the current disposition of military assets on both sides, to the best of your ability. You will then detail any objectives in addition to the termination of this unknown leader, along with any relevant intelligence. When that is complete, we will require a brief time to make ready to deploy. Are my requirements clear?"

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-31, 12:13 AM
OOC: its tech heresy as explained int the OOC

The Inquisitor bows to Daur; the movement smooth, practiced and almost mocking. Of course my Lord the word drips with sarcasm. I will see you are provided with all that you need.

As you say, this is a matter of some urgency. I would... request that word is spoken as if it has not been used in a long time that you take no more then a day to prepare for your mission.

Gamgee
2011-08-31, 12:14 AM
Hannibal
"Of course it teaches that. Just like we are taught the Inquisition is bereft of corruption. Though I should not think I as a Techpriest should not be in the position of giving you or your Inquisition advice on its members state of moral appropriateness. Just like you should hope to not give me or the Adeptus Mechanicus advice on alien weaponry and the destruction there of." His mechanical drone can only barely conceal the sharp tone he replies in. He turns his attention from the Inquisitor to the world down below. "I am fully prepared for the mission."

Lucretia
2011-08-31, 12:18 AM
Lilian closes her eyes and simply continues to provide the blessing of Paragon to the squad, considering how best to aid the Adepta Sororitas with their request without diverting from the mission at hand. She kept her thoughts off what was happening around her.

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-31, 01:10 AM
The Inquisitor sighs I do not know what this Artifact is, thus I do not know how to destroy it. That is why you are here, I confess I would not survive long in the midst of a Waaagh.

If this Artifact is a relic of the Imperium, perhaps a Starship, then please salvage it, do so with my blessing. But if it is not; then I urge you to seek my council in what we should do with it. he pauses as if thinking then he bows again, to Hannibal, the gestur courtly and respectful I have read of your exploits, you enginuety and quick thinking proved to be your saving grace. I was impressed. But I caution you against believing that you have seen enough to call yourself an expert. I still find myself making that mistake. he touches his mask with a gloved hand, the gesture filled with regret.

I have seen and done much, perhaps too much. and yet the Xenos scum continue to find new ways to surprise me.

Donan
2011-08-31, 01:45 AM
Bjorn shakes his head with a sigh. "Enough brothers. We have what we need to get this work done, and not to wrangle over authority and duties."

He inclines his head to the Inquistor. "We'll look through whatever information you can provide, Inquistor. I assume the armoury is available to us?"

Telasi
2011-08-31, 01:55 AM
The Inquisitor bows to Daur; the movement smooth, practiced and almost mocking. Of course my Lord the word drips with sarcasm. I will see you are provided with all that you need.

As you say, this is a matter of some urgency. I would... request that word is spoken as if it has not been used in a long time that you take no more then a day to prepare for your mission.

Daur returns the bow sincerely, apparently placated. "Certainly. I anticipate no more than a few hours shall be required."

"Of course it teaches that. Just like we are taught the Inquisition is bereft of corruption. Though I should not think I as a Techpriest should not be in the position of giving you or your Inquisition advice on its members state of moral appropriateness. Just like you should hope to not give me or the Adeptus Mechanicus advice on alien weaponry and the destruction there of."

"That discussion is over, brother. You and I must speak on this matter later, as well as on the subject of propriety."

Turning back to the inquisitor, Daur inclines his head apologetically. "I feel I must beg your forgiveness and your forbearance for my brother's ill-considered remarks. If we might retire to a briefing theater, preferably one equipped with a hololithic tank, we shall make ready to depart."

brolthemighty
2011-08-31, 06:19 AM
Ezekiel steps forward, asserting himself again from the shadows. "Brothers, we must put aside all other concerns for the moment. The mission is at hand. It sounds to me that we have a number of objectives to complete quickly. This artifact must be analyzed and dealt with, in whatever form we see fit. We must find out if this Warboss is being manipulated, or if he is some abomination among his kind, as well."

Turning back to the Inquisitor, "Was there anything else you needed to add Inquisitor? My Brothers and I have preparations to make, and I am sure that you would like us to make all due haste to the surface."

Gamgee
2011-08-31, 08:43 AM
Hannibal
"That is all I ever asked Inquisitor." He accepts the bow by bowing back glad to have been vindicated.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-31, 09:04 AM
Leonatos smirks under his helmet at his brother's squabble with the Inquisitor, but ignores it. Leonatos turns to leave the room, and looks at the Inquisitor. "Thank you for your hospitality.." Leonatos says, his voice altered by his helmet. "Inquisitor is a there a training room of some sorts on this ship, if not then I shall try to get some rest before briefing, and planet fall.."

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-31, 01:29 PM
The training room is located on the 17th deck, room 345. The armory is room 343.

OOC: Full mission briefing and requisition will be up soon

Lucretia
2011-08-31, 02:22 PM
Lilian bowed her head towards the Inquisitor before leaving, searching for a quiet room with a view of the planet. Once she found an unoccupied area, she knelt on the ground, closed her eyes, and began to pray to the Emperor for guidance.

It would be a difficult task, once the Deathwatch landed on the planet. Already tempers were flaring and the alpha dog mentality of both the Inquisition and the Adeptus Astartes were clashing. The Saint feared what would happen once the common threat to authority -- the Inquisitor, in this instance -- was gone, and only the Astartes were left. Would there be a power struggle? Lilian prayed that there wouldn't. Such disunity, discord would be extremely detrimental.

The concept of another Saint brought joy to her heart, however. But such rumors were constant, albeit rarely true. Still, the request of the Canoness weighed upon the Saint's mind. It was a minor concern, compared to the mission itself, but it was something Lilian prayed she would be able to accomplish, if not before the xenos weapon was destroyed, then certainly afterwards.

Praying for His guidance, Lilian became lost in her mind, awaiting the announcement that it was time for planetfall.

Hawkfrost000
2011-08-31, 03:34 PM
Mission Briefing 3455/03.2

Praise be to the Emperor, who gives us the power to destroy our Enemies.

Praise be to the Inquisition, who gives us the means to destroy our Enemies.

The Artifact

Waaagh Gutwort has discovered some form of Artifact buried in the Boreal Forests of Kislev. They have started a massive excavation project in order to extract this Artifact. It is likely that they intend to weaponise it in order to break through the Imperial Guard defending the coast and attack the hive cities of the southern continent Karath.

Identifying and if possible destroying the Artifact is your primary objective.

Durog Gutwort

The Cybork Warboss Durog Gutwort is the leader of this Waaagh. He has lead the Orks to several victories against the Imperial Guard. He has proved his mettle in both personal combat, he is reported to have killed Colonel Greer of the 319th Cadian in a duel, and as a commander; leading fearlessly from the front lines.

Killing him will greatly benefit the Imperial Guard's campaign against the Orks, possibly even cause the Waaagh to self destruct. But it is a Secondary Objective nonetheless.

Kutark Bolt-head

Kutark Bolt-head is the Mech we suspect is behind the Excavation project. Intelligence indicates that he is also the Ork in charge of the rest of the Mechs. Killing him, like killing Gutwort, will cause a power vacuum among the Mechs which will most likely distract both from the war effort and the Excavation.

Killing him is a Secondary Objective.

The Grave of Holy Mother Divinestra

The Orks have captured the Grave of the Holy Mother of the Order of the Burning Diamond. This is an affront not only to the Adeptus Sororitas but to the Emperor as well.

If possible you should reclaim the Grave, it is a Secondary Objective.

Rumors of a Saint

It is rumored that a Saint, manifested as a nude woman made entirely of fire. Normally the Inquisition would discount such reports as battle stress or shell shock. But, the reports are eerily similar and repetitive. I have decided that it is possible that this Saint is the manifestation of the Spirit of Divinestra.

If at all possible, investigate these claims. It is a tertiary objective.

The ships armory is open to you. You have 100 Requisition, take all that you need.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-31, 04:20 PM
Leonatos moves to the armory, and picks up some supplies

After storing away his items. Leonatos straps on his jump pack, and makes sure his power sword, and chain sword is strapped on securely, and returns to the group.

"I believe we should assassinate the Ork bosses, then move on to the Artifact.. The reason's for this is that If we can take care of this artifact we'll delay the Orks even further, plus the more time we spend dallying about they more chance for the Orks to dig up this thing, and do considerable damage.. Also taking care of the Ork bosses would be a sound tactical move. Orks are stupid brutes, and if we get rid of their leader's they'll spend their time fighting amongst each other..

Which means less man power for them, and more time for us to do some damage.. As for the grave, and this "Saint" they are of little consequence, and they can wait until we've completed the other objectives.."

Leonatos says in a cold, even voice, altered by his helmets vox system.

Telasi
2011-08-31, 08:00 PM
"It would be simplest to deal with the static objectives first, I think. We might waste a considerable amount of time searching for the Warboss and Mek, to say nothing of the rumors concerning this saint. Our primary task is to investigate this artifact. To that end, I propose that we strike it first, while we are at our full strength. It is also possible, perhaps even probable, that the the Mek will be at the site. If so, we accomplish two goals with one stroke. After we have secured our primary objective, we should then press on to the tomb of the Holy Mother and cleanse the xenos from it. Gutwort will likely either be supervising the excavation or operating at the battlefront, depending on his particular character. I suggest this approach because we must not risk the retrieval and use of the artifact, nor must we permit rumor of our approach to give the xenos time to fortify their position. Moreover, it is not unlikely that one or more of the Ork leaders will be present at the excavation site."

rb780nm
2011-08-31, 08:08 PM
Juviel nods in agreement. "Primary objectives first," he says. "Besides, an Ork Warboss will seek us out once we start hitting their forces - They need to be the biggest and the baddest, and he will lose their place in the ork hierarchy if he does not challenge us"

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-31, 08:27 PM
Leonatos nods at his fellow Blood Angel "Very well. It seems destroying this Artifact first, and foremost seems to be the most logical step.."

Telasi
2011-08-31, 09:41 PM
"We seem to be agreed, then. I would also recommend that we requisition a Storm-pattern Land Speeder for rapid transport on the surface, if such a vehicle is available. The next matter that requires our attention is that of mission leadership. For my part, I would nominate brother Bjorn."

Gamgee
2011-09-01, 01:03 AM
Hannibal
"Oh he will most likely be at the site. Under hundreds of feet of tunnels and dug in like a tick. That's how these things always go, foul Xeno's can't ever just stay above the damn ground. Have to always dig. Also I would rather not destroy this artifact which might take who knows how long. Then all of a sudden the Warboss and Mek pop into place. This thing isn't going anywhere at least not today from the intel. Why rush? Hit the hardest things first while we are capable of it. This will make everything so much easier after they are dead. I would expect nothing less than a pitched battle. They all probably blow the thing up themselves trying to start it too early or something." He finishes checking the scanner and Plasma Pistol he grabs from the armory. Both appear to be working fine. He slams home a canister int he Pistol before locking it to his side ready to draw.

"There's going to be lots of dug in orks on the ground. We're going to need someone who's adept at destroying tons of foes. I feel Brother Ezekiel will be more than sufficient for this task. I expect we'll have to dig in at least once given their numbers."

Donan
2011-09-01, 02:59 AM
Bjorn nods as he prowls through the armoury, selecting various weapons and other equipment that he believes he'd need. "I agree with Brothers Halbron and Juviel. The Mek will be overseeing the extraction of the artifact and we'll surely encounter and be able to elimante him when we move to secure it.

The Warboss will be drawn out once we capture or destroy the artifact, depending on our findings. Does this ship have the means of teleportiation? Extracting something Orks want is not easy, espeically given its likely size."

He paused, rubbing his beard lightly. "If you choose me to lead, I'll do with honour and experience, but only if there are no more disputes, you all understand?"

He turned to face the rest of those in the armoury. "We are of different Chapters and Orders, we see many things differently. But we are all brothers and sisters, created and blessed by the Allfather Himself. We stand as one or we fall. Agreed?"

Req spending.
Meltagun: 20
Metal storm rounds: 15
Astartes grav chute: 5
Grav flares: 7
48 total

I think we should grab Naval extraction as our means of exit for 15 points, or a teleport homer for 10. I'll spring for that myself. :smallsmile:

brolthemighty
2011-09-01, 07:06 AM
Ezekiel waits until the rest of his Brothers are done getting what they need from the Armory. He knew that his Heavy Bolter would be all the weapon he needed. It had served him for decades before, and it's Machine Spirit would be thirsty for Ork blood again. Once he has made his way through the Armory, selecting the various reloads that he will need for the upcoming mission, Ezekiel heads out to rejoin his Brothers.

"Brothers....I too agree. The excavation must be our first objective. It is likely that this...Bolt-head....will be there as well, overseeing the project. Our battle will cause the others to come to us. Once we have determined the nature of the artifact, and dealt with the immediate threats, we should make our way to the Grave. If Gutwort has not shown himself by then, the WAAGH itself will tear him apart for cowardice." He pauses to look at each of his Brothers, and the Saint he has learned to respect, "This artifact must be our top priority, of that much I am certain. Whether it was enough to unite the Orks on their own, or something that another Xenos filth desires enough to manipulate the Orks, it will need to be handled." Finally, he turns to Brother Bjorn, moving closer, "Brother, I am honored by your words. Indeed, I have slain wave upon wave of these brutes. Great green rivers of blood have run at my feet. Your endorsement does me honor, and upon the battlefield I give my personal Oath to uphold that honor. I believe however, that Brother Bjorn would be the best to lead us. The Orks....are a strange lot. Almost a collective mind. If any of us will be able to find two Orks in a sea of Green, I believe that it will be him." Pointing towards the motor pool he continues, "I do suggest, however, that we obtain a heavily armored transport that could carry not only our mighty forms, but extended supply as well."

Gamgee
2011-09-01, 08:24 AM
Hannibal
"Very well then it seems our plan is clear."

Donan
2011-09-04, 11:43 AM
Weapons and equipment to hand Bjorn paced somewhat, before coming to face the kill team with a wicked grin on his face.

"Our goals and means are decided then. We will descend via a drop pod to strike the Greenskins before they are able to react. Their Mek and Warboss will doubtless come hunting themselves and allow us the pleasure of staining the ground with their flithly blood."

The Rune Priest waved a hand. "If they fail to find us, they'll surely die in the power struggle resulting from their failure, Orks being what they are. We will retrieve or destroy the artifact and call for a shuttle to transport us to the shrine, where I am sure their infighting will serve us greatly."

He produced a series of rune stones, turning to Lillian. "There is another matter as well. Come here, little sister."

Lucretia
2011-09-04, 01:51 PM
The Saint stirred from her reverie, looking at Bjorn. "Yes, Runepriest?" Standing, she moved towards him, a serene look upon her face. Per her request, psyflame ammunition had been prepared for her, six canisters, as well as her rosarius and a grav chute. A masking field had also been prepared for her, and as soon as the mission was about to start, she would collect the small items. A few ration packs had also been part of her request -- just in case.

rb780nm
2011-09-04, 02:11 PM
Juviel strapped his grav chute to his armor and personally checked the loads of his launcher and pistol before allowing the serfs to aid him in donning his lightning claws. After they had backed away to a safe distance, the Blood Angel flexed his fingers, watching the mono-edged claws mimic his movements. A blink-click in his display activated the power fields - blue-white lightning coruscated between the blades, rising upwards with the air that was superheated by their passage.

++Vox check, brothers. I believe I am ready for insertion.++

Donan
2011-09-04, 03:18 PM
Bjorn nodded to Lillian, rune stones now spread between his fingers. "Before I lead us in an oath, there is something else to speak of. You've heard, as have all of us, tales of this Saint on the planet's surface. If we're to find her, we may need to seek guidance from the Allfather.

You will be closer to her spirit then any of us. Ask a single question, and I will read the stones to see what is told."

Lucretia
2011-09-04, 03:24 PM
She nods, closing her eyes for a moment before speaking.

"Where can we find the Living Saint rumored to be leading the Devastators upon this planet's surface?" she asked simply, opening her eyes and looking into Bjorn's. The Prayer of Paragon was still in effect -- the Saint hadn't had reason to release concentration of it -- and she poured her willpower into the Runepriest, to grant him her Emperor-given strength in his interactions with the Warp.

Donan
2011-09-04, 03:31 PM
Bjorn channeled the energies of his staff, keeping his focus tight and controlled to avoid drawing otherworldly attention.

Invocation test.
73 (Lillians's WP)+15 (staff)
[roll0]

Focus power test for augury
[roll1]
Augury reading (PR 3)

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-04, 06:54 PM
The stones speak to Bjorn, In the shadow of her Mother, fighting with the dead Guardsman.

Donan
2011-09-05, 01:38 AM
Bjorn closes and opens his eyes slowly, shifting the rune stones held in his hand. "I need time to think on that answer, the signs aren't always simple."

He shakes his head, focusing on the kill team again. "The shadow of her mother, with the dead guardsmen. That's an answer to consider."

He gives a faint smile. "Our oath. This is our first battle together and we should take what unites us all."

He clasps a fist to his chest. "In the name of the Allfather, the creator of us all I pledge our service and dedication. In His name our enemies will fall and we will strengthen His Imperium."

Activating Oath of the Emperor.

Telasi
2011-09-05, 02:11 AM
For the oath-taking, Apothecary Daur kneels, making the sign of the Aquila. As Bjorn finishes, Daur begins his part of the oath. "To His cause I devote my vigilance and the skill of my art. His servants will I vouchsafe against the taint of the unclean, that they may not be found wanting when He calls them to His side." After he finishes, Daur dons his helmet, symbolically assuming the visage of the angels of death.

Lucretia
2011-09-05, 06:25 AM
Lilian closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of the Emperor's light within her, and smiled at her comrades. It was pleasing to see their devotion to the God-Emperor. Kneeling, making the sign of the Aquila, the Saint uttered the next phrase of the Oath. "By the powers granted to me by the God-Emperor Almighty, I shall scour clean this planet and see it's wickedness removed. By His light I shall fight, and by His grace I shall be triumphant." Standing, she looked over at the men.

rb780nm
2011-09-05, 09:55 AM
"For the Angel and The Emperor!" Juviel says, tounhing the wings on shoulder guards.

Hierarchy9990
2011-09-05, 02:06 PM
Lowering his head slightly, with his right fist over his heart. Leonatos follows the oath silently, then utters his part. "++I will dedicate my self wholly to cleansing this world. I will not rest until the ground is stained with Xeno blood. I will not rest until this planet is brought back into the warm embrace of the Imperium, and I will do all of this gladly. In the name of Emperor, and his son Sanguineous...++"

brolthemighty
2011-09-05, 04:05 PM
Ezekiel watches his Brothers give their Oath, standing sentinel in their solemn vows. Then he too sinks to a knee, hand over one of his hearts, "Emperor guide us. Let us not stray from His chosen path. Let us not falter. We will bring the message of the Holy Bolter to His enemies. Once more we enter the fray in His name, and once more we will be triumphant. For the Emperor!"

Gamgee
2011-09-05, 05:17 PM
Hannibal
"All glory and honour to the Omnissiah." Hannibal chooses to stand, but he reverently places his hand upon the sacred insignia of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the skull in particular.

Lucretia
2011-09-07, 02:13 PM
Lilian looked around the men, seeing the oaths having been made, and exhaled. She moved off to receive the few items she had requisitioned and then to move to the deployment option -- drop pods, she believed, although it could be a simple shuttle. There wasn't a teleportarium to her knowledge, although such items made Lilian uneasy. They seemed too xeno for her.

But regardless, she was prepared, mentally and physically. It wouldn't be long before she was unleashing the holy energies within her against the foul green horde, purging their taint from the surface of the planet, bringing the power of the Emperor to bear against the vile cretin that dared to defile one of His planets. And with any luck, she would soon meet another Saint.

Lilian looked forward to this assignment.

rb780nm
2011-09-08, 11:38 AM
++Brothers, are we prepared?++

++and Sister?++ Juviel adds, unaccustomed to the new member of the kill team.

Telasi
2011-09-08, 01:47 PM
Daur nods. ++Ready.++

Gamgee
2011-09-08, 02:15 PM
Hannibal
"Yes Battle Brothers, and Sister."

brolthemighty
2011-09-08, 05:27 PM
After taking the Oath with his Brothers, Ezekiel heads towards the Armory. He had heard of the extensive vaults of relics that the Inquisition had acquired over the years, but had never believed them....until now.

The idea that they could improve upon the design and performance of his Heavy Bolter seemed almost heretical. An ancient relic in it's own right, and veteran of countless campaigns against foes just as those that they were about to face...it was his preferred tool in his arsenal. Almost an old friend and comrade.

Arriving at the Armory, he examines the changes that were made, "Impressive indeed. I may be no Priest of Mars...or even like the Brothers of mine that have studied under them, but even I can appreciate the work that has been done. You honor me. It will serve it's purpose well." With that, he heads towards the Drop Pods. The squad was ready for deployment. He had no intention of holding them up. It was time. He was ready.

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-08, 05:50 PM
((How would you like to spend your remaining Requisition?))

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-10, 06:32 PM
You stand in a secondary hanger, in front of the drop pod tubes. Your armor has been cleaned, polished and painted, covered in holy oils and purity seals. It was mounted on your bodies by serfs specially bred to serve the ships armory.

Your weapons are cleaned and prepared in the same way. Every round of ammunition has been painstakingly checked over, minimizing the risk of jamming.

The drop pod in front of you has been treated with the same care, it is not filled to capacity so several seats have been stripped out and replaced with extra ammunition.

I trust you found everything in order? inquires the Inquisitor

rb780nm
2011-09-10, 06:59 PM
"I believe so, Inquisitor," Juviel states.

Lucretia
2011-09-11, 12:22 AM
The Saint nodded, checking to make sure the hood was still secured over her helmet, the blue an interesting addition to the gold and black of the armor. "Yes, Inquisitor. I believe we are prepared in mind, body and spirit. The enemies of the God-Emperor will regret their actions against His Imperium."

She felt the canisters on the belt, making sure the psyflame ammunition was properly secured.

Gamgee
2011-09-11, 09:10 AM
Hannibal
"Yes."

Telasi
2011-09-11, 02:27 PM
Apothecary Daur

"Quite so." Daur finds his spot in the drop pod and secures his equipment before strapping in for the drop.

Hierarchy9990
2011-09-11, 05:37 PM
"I am ready.." Leonatos says solemnly

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-11, 06:53 PM
Good. I leave you do do what you do best.

You enter the drop pod and strap yourself in. The doors are closed, the 'pod shudders as it is moved into position. A few seconds of silence is followed by a massive concussion as the 'pod accelerates to several hundred kilometers a minute.

The 'pod begins to shake as it interacts with the upper atmosphere. It decelerates and the G load begins to climb. Soon the pressure is so intense that it would kill a mortal, but you have left your mortal limitations far behind.

After less than 10 minutes you slam into the ground. This impact renders even you stunned for a few seconds. The 'pod pops open, allowing light, air and even the distant sound of artillery, to enter.

Hierarchy9990
2011-09-11, 08:29 PM
Leonatos unstraps himself, and strides out of the pod. He then pulls out his chainsword, and starts to survey his surroundings.

Telasi
2011-09-12, 12:09 AM
Apothecary Daur

As the pod pops open, Daur emerges with bolter raised, immediately checking the surrounding area for enemies, cover, and landmarks for navigation.

Gamgee
2011-09-12, 01:03 AM
Hannibal
As the pod doors open smoke hisses from his re-breather as it optimizes itself for the new climate. Unstrapping himself from the pod he steps out with his plasma pistol at the ready. His Omnissian Axe held like a staff in his left hand.

brolthemighty
2011-09-12, 04:29 PM
As the drop pod slams into the ground, Ezekiel can hear the hissing of the rock-bed below them....sizzling from the heat of their descent through the atmosphere. Watching his brother depart, he hefts his Heavy Bolter, eyes alight at the coming conflict. This is what we were made for....

Stepping out of the pod, he glances around. There was little chance that their descent went unnoticed, and soon he was sure they would be swimming in the blood of Orks.
Awareness: [roll0] vs. TN 65

rb780nm
2011-09-12, 09:38 PM
Powering up his claws, Juviel strides into the open. With a sweep of his eyes, he scans the surrounds for target.

Awareness: [roll0] vs 87 success - Yay auto and heightened senses.

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-13, 12:08 AM
You hear a bellow WAAAGH! WUZZAT NOIZE?

The clomp of hobnailed boots gets lounder as a group of orks... you guess between 10 and 20, come towards you.

rb780nm
2011-09-13, 12:42 AM
++Good, they come++

Juviel draws his camocloak around him and moves towards the sounds, looking for cover.

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-13, 01:03 AM
a group of bushes, scorched by fire would provide adequate cover between you and the approaching Orks.

Lucretia
2011-09-13, 07:56 AM
Lilian got out of the drop pod, flexing her wings and limbs. Judging by Juviel's words, the orcs were on their way.

Awareness Check to see if Lilian heard the not so subtle orks.

[roll0] v. 62

Unable to determine where Juviel's foes were coming from, Lilian took her staff in both hands, closed her eyes and hit the staff into the ground, invoking the power of the Emperor to provide assistance to the Space Marines in their apparently on-coming fight.

Unfettered Paragon, checks made in OOC thread. EDIT: Passed!

Channeling her power, the Saint began to chant softly, bringing a blessing to the Kill-Squad. Each could feel the Emperor's Grace upon them.

As long as y'all're within 30 meters of Lilian, you can use any of her characteristics for your own. It affects 6 people, which is in excess of how many people we have in the team I believe, so everyone can have access to it. :smallsmile:

Hierarchy9990
2011-09-13, 08:51 AM
Leonatos hears the oncoming Orks, and with his free hand Leonatos pulls out his flamer, and precedes to scorch the grassland, and bushes in their general direction, for extra cover.

Leonatos grins madly under his helmet, and revs up his chainsword in anticipation.

Telasi
2011-09-13, 01:35 PM
Apothecary Daur

At the sound of Orks, Daur drops to one knee for stability and a smaller target profile and looks for the largest, expecting that one to be the leader. Once his target is found, Daur carefully aims a shot for the Ork.

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-13, 09:36 PM
Daur's bolt slams into the chest of a large Ork Nob, it explodes blowing him back. RAAAAAGH, Damn Humies!

((roll for damage))

brolthemighty
2011-09-14, 06:01 AM
Hearing his Brother's bolter begin to bark off its shells, Ezekiel turns to face the coming Orks. "This is more like it Brothers!" As he walks up even with the rest of the squad, he surveys the landscape, taking in the coming Xenos. "We are fortunate to have so many targets to choose from."

Preparing for the coming tide of violence, Ezekiel plants his feet wide and hefts his Heavy Bolter. "Today is a good day!"

Seeing as I'm not sure how many we're facing, or what they're positioning is, I'm keeping it generic. Going on Overwatch for the purpose of Suppression fire. The first mass of Orks that come in to distance are getting it. If I recognize it as a Horde, I'll switch over to my metal storm as a free action.
Full-Auto Burst: [roll0] vs. TN 91 (taking in to effect range, size, full-auto, and the -20 from suppressing fire)

Hierarchy9990
2011-09-14, 07:06 AM
Leonatos drops his flamer, and quickly draws his Power Sword. Then charges the nearest Ork to him.

OOC: Can we get an idea of how many Orks we're fighting, and their location(s)?

rb780nm
2011-09-14, 10:13 AM
Juviel raises his fists and tenses his forearm muscles in the coded sequence that activates his mounted weaponry. He fires a pair of bolts at the nearest greenskin.

[roll0] vs 38+10(FA)+(Range)?
[roll1],[roll2]
[roll3],[roll4]

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-14, 11:23 AM
This is a horde of about 20 orks and one Nob, they are coming through a gap in the trees about 10 meters wide, the burning bushes are between them and you. The drop pod is approximately 20 meters away from the start of the trees.

Juviel's Bolt fire hits home, dropping several orks.

((if everyone else could roll for damage that would be awesome))

Gamgee
2011-09-14, 06:13 PM
Hannibal
"Pitiful beings, they can't stand before us. The sacred technology of the Omnissiah will destroy them to the last." He quickly aims and fires his plasma pistol at the Nob.

Actions:
Firing Plasma Pistol. [roll0] 60 BS total. +20 from half aim and Point Blank. Damage if it hits. [roll1] Pen 8

Hawkfrost000
2011-09-14, 08:25 PM
Your Bolts and Plasma strike home, tearing into the first rank of Orks as they stumble through the burning shrubbery.

Hierarchy9990
2011-09-14, 10:18 PM
Leonatos charges the Nob with Chainsword, and Power Sword in hand.

Charge Action at Nob.(If I'm in range if not then some other Ork). Attack Roll [roll0] vs WS 72+10(Hatred)+10(Hunter of Aliens)+10(Charge Action)= WS102 with Powersword. Hits the body.

Roll for Damage(because I WILL hit) [roll1]+6+10(SB)+2(HoA)+2(Crushing Blow)= 28 Damage w/ a penetration of 6

OOC: Lastly aren't we supposed to do stuff like roll for initiative before combat?