PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good way to get Body out of Body cast as a Cleric Spell?

Talionis
2011-08-28, 10:25 AM
Is there a good way to get the Wu Jen spell, Body out of Body onto a cleric spelllist?

I'm pretty sure it isn't in any Domain.

Extra Spell seems a bit dodgey, is it the only way?

Cruiser1
2011-08-28, 10:35 AM
Miracle! Every spell anywhere 7th level or lower is effectly on the Cleric list. :smallbiggrin:

Talionis
2011-08-28, 11:49 AM
Miracle! Every spell anywhere 7th level or lower is effectly on the Cleric list. :smallbiggrin:

So I can cast it as a spell two levels higher... I was kinda hoping to get it as a 7th level spell or at worst an 8th level spell.

deuxhero
2011-08-28, 11:52 AM
Go go (gadget) Archivist!

Talionis
2011-08-28, 12:39 PM
Go go (gadget) Archivist!

How do Archivists get Wu Jen spells. It looks like to me Archivists can only get Divine Spells.

RaggedAngel
2011-08-28, 12:42 PM
How do Archivists get Wu Jen spells. It looks like to me Archivists can only get Divine Spells.

Under certain readings of the rules an Archivist can scribe a scroll 'with' an arcane caster, and then set the scroll to 'divine,' thus being a divine scroll of an arcane spell. Archivists can learn all divine spells, so they then scribe the spell in their prayerbook.

Vizzerdrix
2011-08-28, 12:47 PM
Anyspell spell, maybe?

Psyren
2011-08-28, 01:07 PM
Anyspell spell, maybe?

Miracle IS Anyspell (for 7th-level stuff.) Not even Greater Anyspell goes that high.

Anyway, the Archivist solution seems the best way to me - have a Wu Jen take ASSp or SM to make it divine, then have her cooperate with the archivist to make a scroll.

But that only makes it "divine" not "cleric". It still won't be on the cleric list.

sreservoir
2011-08-28, 02:10 PM
dragon 325, page 61. customize domain. you could probably stick it into strength (kind of fits thematically, though perhaps not strictly included by the conditions; you can lose grasping hand, who cares about grasping hand?), trickery (not quite thematic, but fits conditions, and you could get some other nice spells in. screen is kind of fun, though), or magic (you can explicitly get any spell under 9th, at a level higher).

dragon, though

sreservoir
2011-08-28, 02:12 PM
dragon 325, page 61. customize domain. you could probably stick it into strength (kind of fits thematically, though perhaps not strictly included by the conditions; you can lose grasping hand, who cares about grasping hand?), trickery (not quite thematic, but fits conditions, and you could get some other nice spells in. screen is kind of fun, though), or magic (you can explicitly get any spell under 9th, at a level higher).

dragon, though

deuxhero
2011-08-28, 04:58 PM
Under certain readings of the rules an Archivist can scribe a scroll 'with' an arcane caster, and then set the scroll to 'divine,' thus being a divine scroll of an arcane spell. Archivists can learn all divine spells, so they then scribe the spell in their prayerbook.

Actually I was thinking of another class, forgot Wu Jen were Arcane...

sreservoir
2011-08-28, 06:17 PM
hell, put a divine spell on a scroll. get a wu jen to put their (arcane!) spell on the same scroll. by a lenient reading, the archivist can learn the (arcane) spell from the scroll because it contains divine spells.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-08-28, 06:20 PM
There's also that old 3.0 class that could cast every Arcane Spell as a Divine spell that never got an update... Hexer?

sreservoir
2011-08-28, 06:57 PM
masters of the wild, nope, only sor/wiz.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-08-28, 07:10 PM
masters of the wild, nope, only sor/wiz.

Hmm, I know I saw a way somewhere on these boards... Cannot find it now.

Talionis
2011-08-30, 07:12 PM
Archivist sounds like a good option, but I'm not sure that my DM will buy the scribe any spell with another arcane caster and you can make it a divine spell. At least I haven't seen anything here that would make him think it worked that way.

I was hoping there was a Wyrm Wizard equivalent or a feat I just didn't know about.