PDA

View Full Version : Errata Question

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-28, 02:11 PM
Is the Spell Compendium errata for Complete Divine, or is it the other way around?

Cog
2011-08-28, 02:14 PM
Any changes presented in the Spell Compendium are meant to be the most up-to-date.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-28, 02:22 PM
Thanks. Divine Agility seems actually seems worthwhile now.

Xtomjames
2011-08-28, 02:22 PM
Are there any specific spells in question? We can give advice as to which is better between the two volumes or as to why certain changes were made.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-28, 02:25 PM
Nah, it was mostly a general question when I saw Divine Agility and Divine Sacrifice printed twice so I knew which one to actually use.

I guess I am sorta curious about those two so if you don't mind I would like to hear the reasons behind the changes.

sreservoir
2011-08-28, 02:25 PM
other things can override, but only the actual errata files are errata.

drakir_nosslin
2011-08-28, 02:30 PM
other things can override, but only the actual errata files are errata.

Actually, I think it says in the SPC (though I'm not sure) that if a spell is rewritten in the SPC that is the correct version. I'm pretty sure that the same goes for MIC.

Xtomjames
2011-08-28, 02:39 PM
Nah, it was mostly a general question when I saw Divine Agility and Divine Sacrifice printed twice so I knew which one to actually use.

I guess I am sorta curious about those two so if you don't mind I would like to hear the reasons behind the changes.

First it should be noted that the Spell Compendium has Errata incorporated into it and is thus Errata to many spells.

On the matter of Divine Sacrifice I'd go with the Complete Divine on this one, it explains fuller the extent with which the spell can be used and is more specific in nature. The SpC version is less specific and more vague and gives fewer options.

Divine Agility I'd go with the SpC version instead. It's more simple to implement and not as difficult to grasp, though what they achieve is roughly the same in both cases. The SpC version is more broadly affective however. Instead of changing the Reflex save bonus for the duration of the spell to that of a Rogue and gaining a +4 to some skills, you just grant a +10 to the Dex score of the character, thus boosting the total modifier by +4 and thus applying the new modifier to everything with a dex.

Cog
2011-08-28, 02:54 PM
Actually, I think it says in the SPC (though I'm not sure) that if a spell is rewritten in the SPC that is the correct version. I'm pretty sure that the same goes for MIC.
It doesn't fit the definition of the word 'errata (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erratum)', though, which seems to be all that sreservoir was saying. (Granted, the actual errata don't seem to technically be errata either.)