PDA

View Full Version : [PF] How to get extra spells on my spell list?

NineThePuma
2011-08-28, 07:12 PM
I'm looking at playing a Wizard(Or Sorcerer)/Arcane Archer, and I would like to have Silence on my spell list.

Extra Spell is out already, anyone got anything else?

(I briefly considered Rainbow Warmage, but that's meh)

Maho-Tsukai
2011-08-28, 07:13 PM
Arcane Disciple? I am not sure if there is a domain with that spell but it could work. Just be warned, you'll need SOME wisdom to use it, though. While that feat is not PF I assume your using 3.Pe since you mentioned rainbow warmage which is a 3.5e/non-PF build.

NineThePuma
2011-08-28, 07:16 PM
I would prefer a straight PF build, but I can probably finangle some 3.5 in.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-08-28, 07:18 PM
In that case your sadly out of luck. The only non-3.5e feats that can nab you spells from other lists do not give silence and made specifically for necromancy-inclined characters or evil spellcasters. Likewise, the only PrC that lets you grab off-list spells is the Agent of the Grave which, again, was made for Necromancers.

sreservoir
2011-08-28, 07:23 PM
arcane disciple (spell). sucks, though, with the daily limitation.

wyrm wizard and recaster, though both lose caster levels. recaster is definitely worth it, though.

boccob's reading room. no real limits, but 1 spell/year/room, and it's a magical location. it's spell level × 100 gp, with no cost to scribe the spell, so it's not necessarily even a bad deal. hell, it's better than spell level × caster level × 25 gp for a scroll of a spell higher than 2nd even if you stay in-class.

edit: oh, right, pf, never mind.

NineThePuma
2011-08-28, 07:29 PM
How about a way to treat my divine spellcasting as Arcane?

NNescio
2011-08-28, 07:33 PM
How about a way to treat my divine spellcasting as Arcane?

Southern Magician.

NineThePuma
2011-08-28, 07:36 PM
Isn't that Arcane as Divine?

NNescio
2011-08-28, 07:38 PM
Isn't that Arcane as Divine?

It works both ways.

Once per day per two spellcaster levels, you can cast a divine spell as an arcane spell, or vice versa. ...

NineThePuma
2011-08-28, 07:42 PM
That might work... Cleric gets Silence and is better as an archer anyway. Better BAB too.

Curious
2011-08-28, 07:47 PM
Be a human, take the human favored class bonus for Sorceror?

Maho-Tsukai
2011-08-28, 08:16 PM
That dose not work as the sorc uses the wiz/sorc list for his spell choices....which lacks silence.

Paul H
2011-08-28, 08:50 PM
Hi

Looks like the only alternative is Elf Bard 8/Arcane Archer xxx.

I've looked at Magus, Summoner and Witch. None have Silence on their spell list.

And don't forget feats like Deadly Aim (Pwr Attack w/ranged weapons) and Arcane Strike. (Makes attacks count as magical, adds damage based on CL).

Also, if Silence spell isn't absolutely necessary, take a look at Magus, since the abilities are similar, though it's a 20 lvl base class.

Synthesist 8/Arcane Archer xxx gives some excellent spells, high stats/HP/AC. (Plus Flight, Breath Wpn, Darkvision, Evasion, etc). Ignore the extra arms because they'd nerf your extra/may shot abilities.

Thanks
Paul H

grarrrg
2011-08-28, 08:55 PM
In that case your sadly out of luck. The only non-3.5e feats that can nab you spells from other lists do not give silence and made specifically for necromancy-inclined characters or evil spellcasters. Likewise, the only PrC that lets you grab off-list spells is the Agent of the Grave which, again, was made for Necromancers.

This doesn't help the OP any, but for completeness sake Unsanctioned Knowledge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/unsanctioned-knowledge) can get the Paladin ANY 4th and lower divine spell.

Larpus
2011-08-29, 05:30 PM
Can't a Pathfinder Savant do that through Esoteric Magic?

kestrel404
2011-08-29, 06:30 PM
Improved eldritch heritage (arcane), for the 9th level arcane bloodline ability. It will get you 3 or 4 additional spells at various levels.