PDA

View Full Version : Opportunist Rogue help

BurgerKrieg
2011-08-28, 08:54 PM
For the campaign that I am planning on using this in, stats were rolled in order with no re-rolls. This is what I got:
Str:16
Dex: 17
Con: 16
Int: 11
Wis: 12
Cha: 16

I believe this is a decent progression chart. I am only including combat abilities that the build is focused on.

1: Rogue 1-->1d6 SA/Feat (Two-Weapon Fighting)
2: Rogue 2
3: Rogue 3-->2d6 SA/Feat (Craven)
4: Rogue 4-->Bonus Ability Point (Dex)
5: Rogue 5-->3d6 SA
6: Rogue 6-->Feat (Improved Unarmed Strike)
7: Rogue 7-->4d6 SA
8: Rogue 8-->Bonus Abilit Point (Dex)
9: Rogue 9-->5d6 SA/Feat (Snap Kick)
10: Rogue 10-->Opportunist
11: Rogue 10/Fighter 1-->Feat (Combat Reflexes)
12: Rogue 10/Fighter 2-->Feat (Savvy Rogue)/Feat (Improved Two-Weapon Fighting)/Bonus Ability Point (Dex)
13: Rogue 11/Fighter 2-->6d6 SA /Crippling Strike
14: Rogue 12/Fighter 2
15: Rogue 13/Fighter 2-->7d6 SA/Feat (Double Hit)
16: Open to Suggestion
17: "
18: "
19: "
20: "

I would like to know what might benefit the build I made the most from level 16 on. I'm having trouble finding things that actually benefit the build, aside from Sneak Attack.
Right now I'm thinking 3 levels in Guild Thief to give 2d6 SA and a bonus feat, which would probably be Weapon Finesse.

If you have any questions about why certain things are being taken, just ask.

Safety Sword
2011-08-28, 09:13 PM
More of a suggestion than anything, but you might want to consider 2 Levels of ranger.

You lose 1d6 sneak attack, granted, but for that you'll pick up your BAB, hit points and get your TWF feats without using your actual feats.

BurgerKrieg
2011-08-28, 09:23 PM
You're forgetting one thing, though. Opportunist is wanted ASAP, since that's the core of the build, so lvl 10 rogue is wanted right away. Plus a solid rogue would be a little more combat-effective than a rogue of two levels lower with two levels in ranger.

Another reason I didn't do that is because I've got no low requirement feats to take early on. There are only so many choices you can make at that point.

BurgerKrieg
2011-08-28, 09:33 PM
Now that I think about it, 2 Ranger/4 Scout would allow me to take two extra feats, since TWF is granted by ranger, and scout gives a bonus feat. I could take swift hunter and swift ambusher to allow for extra versatility and cover the critical immunity weakness that precision damage has.