PDA

View Full Version : leprechaun

MurphysLoophole
2011-08-28, 10:35 PM
Hello all,

So, I got myself in a bit of a pickle tonight. I was running my campaign this evening and in the course of it, one of my players was re-searching a room that they had already picked over. But it was appropriate for that character and the player doesn't RP much, so I decided to throw him a bone; he found a deep green potion. The problem arose when he drank it: Without thinking I told he turned into a leprechaun. In my defense, I was running on 30 hours w/o sleep :smallredface:

So, does anyone know where I can find a leprechaun that would be appropriate for a player to use? I'm not really worried about power levels, I have a different problem child in that regard, and anything that is interesting from a RP perspective would be awesome. I'd really like to encourage him to continue to interact socially. Thank you all in advance!

Urpriest
2011-08-28, 11:12 PM
Redcaps (MMIII) and Spriggans (Fiend Folio?) are the closest to Leprechauns in D&D 3.5. Them and Grigs (Core).

HunterOfJello
2011-08-28, 11:13 PM
a Half-Fey Gnome without wings could work. the character race + template would be pretty pretty powerful though. you could always reduce the Charm Person ability to 5/day instead of at-will though.

it would be cool if you also set some conditions that they lose their spell like abilities from the half-fey template if anyone steals their pot of gold and they can only use pacifist means to gain it back

Jude_H
2011-08-28, 11:16 PM
There's one statted out in Tome of Horrors. LA +3, some huge boosts to mental stats, Dex, Listen and Sleight of Hand, as well as at-will SLAs including Invisibility and object-only PAO.

But Fprest Gnomes are in the MM and wouldn't be too out of line, IMO.