PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need help building a cohort

AdalKar
2011-08-29, 03:58 PM
-like thing. To be specific, it's going to be one of these (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10411).
(Prime32, if you're reading this I hope you are ok with the fact that the DM stole this idea :smallwink: )

So, it goes like this:

Stats are: Str 11 / Dex 13 / Con 17 / Int 18 / Wis 12 / Cha 19
It is a human (well it was before it became an Item) and the first two levels and feats are already decided (by the DM because of RP [it was a reward]) and I'm okay with that.

Right now it is a Cloistered Cleric 2 Undeath Domain Focused and the first 2 feats are Sentient and Independent Action (see link).

It is gestalted and one of the sides is full of the magic item classes, which are also already decided.

Here comes the important part:
Now to the point of this thread: How can I build the other side of the gestalt (with the cloistered cleric 2 on it) to get the most metamagic feats possible?

I would prefer a wizard chassis, so here is what you can work with:
Lvl 3-18 (because the other levels are already decided and the campain will go until it has 18 levels, after that we shall see what happens :smallbiggrin:)
No flaws, no Items, no Magical Locations.
And it gains a point to a stat every even and a feat every uneven level (not the usual every forth and third.)
So all in all you have 16 levels and 8 normal feats to work with :smallsmile:

Every book + dragon and dungeon material and even homebrew is on the table, but will be checked by the DM first.

I was thinking doing it with a Incantatrix (to get 4 bonus metamagic feats) but I was wondering if there would be a better possibility to get even more of them :smallwink:

Needless to say, but I do it for the sake of covering everything (with I hope I do regardless of my sleep deprivation), it is a fairly high optimized campain.
I need to get this build mostly done in the next 2 days, because I will be on vacation afterwards and unable to get my books or access to the internet for some time.

Thank you for your help and sorry for this kinda long text :smallredface:

Coidzor
2011-08-29, 10:25 PM
Why Cloistered Cleric 2? :smallconfused: With that int, seems like you'd want to get on with the Int-casting ASAP.

AdalKar
2011-08-30, 03:52 AM
Because the first 2 levels were decided by the DM, as I said in the first post.
It also fits the RP of my character and because of that I'm okay with it :smallsmile:

Yeah, I want an INT-based caster and hope I can get the most metamagic feats possible with a wizard-chassis :smallwink:

Right now it looks like I'm going to give it 5 levels of wizard and 10 Incantatrix for 5 bonus metamagic feats, but I hope I can get more in 15 levels :smallcool:

Oh, forgot an Important houserule: You get a feat every uneven level and a point to one stat every even level (not like the normal every third and forth level).

Edit: included the houserule in the first post.

Anybody some build ideas?

AdalKar
2011-09-01, 01:44 AM
Hm, seems like nobody has a better suggestion than Incantatrix.
One Bump before my plane leaves in 12 hours :smallwink:
Well, then it shall be an Incantatrix build. :smallsmile: Unless somebody has a better Idea in the next... like 10 hours or so ^^