PDA

View Full Version : Minor concerns with my minor actions

The Reverend
2011-08-30, 10:35 AM
So monks dont have a whole lot of things to do with their minor action. except an occasional minor to enter a stance that's it. Suggestions?

all offers of ideas will be considered at least thanks

Badgerish
2011-08-30, 10:42 AM
be a shifty Kobold!

drop dagger (free), reload sling(free, req: two hands), pick up dagger (minor)
- fluff this as juggling

Emongnome777
2011-08-30, 10:48 AM
One Dragon Magazine issue had a new line of powers for the monk (fallen... something?). Anyway, most or all the encounter powers (and 1 at-will) had a full discipline minor action to either shift 1 square, or move 3 squares. The powers don't seem to be too awesome, but the full discipline part is sweet.

Sipex
2011-08-30, 10:57 AM
In addition, look into using your skills in battle. Many skill checks mid battle are free or minor actions. Some are written right into RAW (Intimidate, Bluff, Thievery) while others will require asking your DM how it could be used.

Bearpunch
2011-08-30, 06:57 PM
Well, if you roll poorly, you could feel shame as a minor. (http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/i-feel-shame-tee)

Shatteredtower
2011-08-31, 06:45 AM
I've opted to let players use their minor action to help another character stand from prone as a minor action, instead of a move. It speeds things up, gives minions something useful to do, and has encouraged players to cooperate a bit more.

On a case by case basis, I might allow the minor assist to work on a few other move-to-minor, possibly even standard-to-move conversions. I've even considered opening the entire list of move and standard actions up for this option.

Of course, there's nothing to say you have to use the minor action every turn. One reason it's a minor action is because you might not always find a useful thing to do with it.