PDA

View Full Version : Modifying SLAs

Zaq
2011-08-30, 07:53 PM
So, I have a project I'm working on. For now, I need to know what kinds of feats and class features modify (or can modify) SLAs, regardless of source (so racial, class-granted, or whatever). Here's what I know of right now:

Empower SLA (SRD)
Quicken SLA (SRD)
Boost SLA (BoVD)
Violate SLA (BoVD)
Corrupt SLA (BoVD)
Consecrate SLA (BoED)
Purify SLA (BoED)
Mortalbane (BoVD)
SLA Focus (RoF)
Nosomatic Chirurgeon (Draognmarked)

What others are out there?

dextercorvia
2011-08-30, 09:36 PM
Spell-like Ability Focus (RoF)

faceroll
2011-08-30, 09:38 PM
Supernatural Transformation (SS)
Magic in the Blood (PGtF)

Zaq
2011-08-30, 11:11 PM
Spell-like Ability Focus (RoF)

Neat, I added it. Thanks.

Supernatural Transformation (SS)
Magic in the Blood (PGtF)

Sorry, I should clarify: I don't mean that I'm looking both for things that apply to racial SLAs and things that apply to class-based SLAs; I mean that I'm looking for things that apply both to racial SLAs and class-based SLAs.

HunterOfJello
2011-08-30, 11:41 PM
Primordial Giant template increases the caster level of the character's spell-like abilities by +1. Source is Secrets of Xen'drik and the template requires the creature to have the giant subtype.

*edit*

Shape Soulmeld (Illusion Veil) from Magic of Incarnum gives +1 to the DC of Illusion spells and spell-like abilities. Essentia increases the duration of both also.

Eldritch Corruption from Heroes of Horror says that it applies to SLAs, but then only describes spells in its benefits section (specifics of whether it applies is therefore debatable). Up to three times per day you can, "enlarge, extend, heighten, or widen a spell, as though you had the appropriate metamagic feat" by hurting your ally's Con scores by 2 for each use. It requires Moderate taint.

Runestar
2011-08-30, 11:46 PM
Complete arcane has maximize SLA, IIRC.

Feytalist
2011-08-31, 04:54 AM
Highly specific, but Races of Faerun has a whole slew of feats for enhancing planetouched SLA's. Eyes of Light, Light to Daylight, Healing Flames, etc.

Probably not quite what you were looking for, but still.

Yuki Akuma
2011-08-31, 05:11 AM
Aren't there SLA 'metamagic' feats in the Tome of Magic? The Shadow Magic section, I think.

dextercorvia
2011-08-31, 08:05 AM
Aren't there SLA 'metamagic' feats in the Tome of Magic? The Shadow Magic section, I think.

Those only apply to mysteries.

Heighten Spell-like Ability (CArc)

ThunderCat
2011-08-31, 08:24 AM
The Pathfinder ruling is that SLAs are basically spells, meaning that every bonus and special ability that would apply to spells (such as augment summoning) also apply to the equivalent SLAs. The reason normal metamagic spells don't work is that SLAs don't occupy spell slots and thus can't be cast using a higher level spell slots.

I don't know if this also holds true for D&D, but complete arcane mentions that many feats useful for spellcasters are equally useful for creatures that use SLAs, and that the sudden metamagic feats can be applied to SLAs as well as spells, so I think it's a reasonable interpretation.

faceroll
2011-08-31, 09:15 AM
The Pathfinder ruling is that SLAs are basically spells, meaning that every bonus and special ability that would apply to spells (such as augment summoning) also apply to the equivalent SLAs. The reason normal metamagic spells don't work is that SLAs don't occupy spell slots and thus can't be cast using a higher level spell slots.

I don't know if this also holds true for D&D, but complete arcane mentions that many feats useful for spellcasters are equally useful for creatures that use SLAs, and that the sudden metamagic feats can be applied to SLAs as well as spells, so I think it's a reasonable interpretation.

Isn't there something in Dungeonscape about how a Factotum can use metamagic on his SLAs? That would only be specific to that class, though.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-08-31, 06:18 PM
Sorry, I should clarify: I don't mean that I'm looking both for things that apply to racial SLAs and things that apply to class-based SLAs; I mean that I'm looking for things that apply both to racial SLAs and class-based SLAs.But... why? Having both is much more useful in an index. I would kn

Fax Celestis
2011-08-31, 07:07 PM
The Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm) template gives a +15(!) CL bonus to SLAs.