PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a feat...

Moosi
2011-08-30, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone; long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I'm looking for a specific feat, and my Google-fu attempts have turned up nothing. I need the name of a feat that allows me to make a free Trip Attack after a successful Unarmed Strike. I know I've seen it before, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks everyone.

Moosi

kardar233
2011-08-30, 10:02 PM
I don't know of one of those, but Knock-Down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown) works similarly with any weapon.

Squiggles
2011-08-30, 10:03 PM
Knock-down? Sword and Fist or Deities & Demigods

saged!

dextercorvia
2011-08-30, 10:04 PM
Are you thinking of Knock-down?

Big Fau
2011-08-30, 11:26 PM
The closest things are Knock Down and Curling Wave Strike (Stormwrack).

Drelua
2011-08-30, 11:48 PM
Pathfinder has similar feats, such as Felling Smash from Ultimate Combat, which lets you make a trip attempt on a power attack. I know I've seen feats that give you bullrush attempts on a successful attack, and I'm sure there's more for other maneuvers. You might be able to convince your DM to allow them in 3.5, if you don't find something better.

Person_Man
2011-08-31, 08:07 AM
Trip feats:

Improved Trip: Free follow up attack when you successfully Trip.
Knock-Down: Free Trip attack when you deal 10+ points of damage. Due to weird wording of the Improved Trip feat, you do NOT get an additional free attack after that Trip. (This has been clarified by the FAQ and Sage Advice).
Sand Snare: When tripped in an area of sand or loose earth, you target must make a full round action if they want to stand up on the next turn. (You also will generally need to partner with the Earth to Sand spell or Decanter of Endless Sand from). Sandstorm.
Ritiik: An exotic weapon. If you successfully hit an enemy with it, the enemy must make a Reflex Save. If it fails, you get a free Trip Attempt. Basically a weaker version of Knock-Down, but it only takes 1 Feat (or a variety of other work arounds).
Shield Charge: When you charge an enemy and attack with your Shield, you get a free Trip attack and your enemy. A good low level option when combined with Shield Slam (a Daze effect). Complete Warrior pg 105.
Tunnel Fighter: When you hit your enemy from higher ground (like when you’re mounted, or climb/fly above the enemy), your enemy must make a Balance check or be knocked Prone or give up his next Move action. When in a tunnel, you can block line of site, so your enemies can’t target your allies standing behind you. (Useful if you spend a lot of time in dungeons). Requires that you be a Dwarf or Gnome. Dungeonscape pg 46.
Awesome Smite: Whenever you Smite and use Power Attack, you can knock your enemy Prone, ignore a certain amount of DR, or ignore any miss chance your target might have. Comp Champion.

There's others (like Curling Wave Strike), but I don't have them written down because they're suboptimal.

Karakami
2011-09-03, 07:16 PM
Hi there,

I hope it's okay that i use this thread to ask for feats i cant find.

Its a feat which gives +1 spell dc, can only be choosen at level 1 and requires green eyes (+ human?).
Its has something to do with nobles or so and you need a spell (lvl 8?) to activate/infuse it.

The 2nd is called "braid spell" or so. Its a metamagic feat which can braid 2 spells together.

I made some notes about them, but forget from where. (if they exist, i wouldnt put it past me to imagine them up -.-)

Im grateful for all help

Karakami

Baroncognito
2011-09-03, 07:28 PM
There's Punishing Kick (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/punishing-kick-combat).

Splendor
2011-09-03, 08:20 PM
Moosi-
Besides the ones already listed here I couldn't find any others for unarmed.

Karakami -
Couldn't find any +1 DC feats at 1st level with green eyes... but here are some others.

Spellcasting Prodigy= Main stats is considered 2 points higher for spellcasting. First level only.

Elemental Focus (Dr 319p56)= +1 elemental spells. Region feat

Charmer (Dr325p77)= +1 DC of Enchantment(charm) spells. Requires: 1st level enchanter & spell focus enchantment.

Spellgifted (trait)= +1 DC with a specific school, -1 DCs with other schools.

The Braid Spell is in AEG's book "Feats"

Metahuman1
2011-09-03, 08:36 PM
If this is gonna be a thread for looking for that feat you've heard of but can't find. I've got one.

The very first genuine D&D game I ever played was a Dragon Lance game, and in the party with me was a Kaganesty (I'm sure I miss spelled that, bear with me.) elf who was a cleric of Sargones (God of Vengeance.)

At first level, he'd taken some feat which the DM and rest of the group recognized that let him use Cha in place of Wis for his cleric casting.

Does anyone have any idea what that feat was? I though it was out of a dragonlance book but to date I've yet to find a feat in those books that does that!

Squiggles
2011-09-03, 08:46 PM
If this is gonna be a thread for looking for that feat you've heard of but can't find. I've got one.

The very first genuine D&D game I ever played was a Dragon Lance game, and in the party with me was a Kaganesty (I'm sure I miss spelled that, bear with me.) elf who was a cleric of Sargones (God of Vengeance.)

At first level, he'd taken some feat which the DM and rest of the group recognized that let him use Cha in place of Wis for his cleric casting.

Does anyone have any idea what that feat was? I though it was out of a dragonlance book but to date I've yet to find a feat in those books that does that!

Person_Man has a thread that may have what you're looking for
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732

herrhauptmann
2011-09-04, 01:02 AM
Karakami -
Spellcasting Prodigy= Main stats is considered 2 points higher for spellcasting. First level only.

Spellcasting prodigy was changed in Players Guide to Faerun. Unfortunately, the 3.0/3.5 conversion rules say you have to use the newer version of a feat/spell/item if they have the same name.
I believe that the prodigy now only gets bonus spells as if his casting stat was 2 levels higher, nothing on DCs. Though you're not restricted to taking it at first level anymore either.

If you want an overpowered caster, try a wizard with the collegiate wizard feat. Back of Complete Arcane. Pretty much doubles the spells in your book.

NecroRick
2011-09-04, 04:21 AM
If you want an overpowered caster, try a wizard with the collegiate wizard feat. Back of Complete Arcane. Pretty much doubles the spells in your book.

That feat is largely situational based on your access to a theoretical magic-mart.

Without access, yes, it doubles your spells and is sensational.

With access to magic mart you get (roughly) an additional 4 spells of each level. So at level 1 and 2 you get 4 extra level 1 spells, which saves you 4 x 25gp on level one scrolls. Depending on how your DM interprets it, it may also save you on scribing costs. YMMV

At levels 3 and 4 it saves you buying two level 2 scrolls, which are 150gp a pop, so 600gp saved plus 100gp from previous levels. 700gp at level 4... not a huge deal.

For levels 5 and 6 you save 1500gp, for 7 and 8 you save 2800, for 9 and 10 you save 4500.

Grand total: 9500.

A hair under 20% of your suggested wealth by level for level 10.

Baldin
2011-09-04, 04:30 AM
eey, i dont know about trip but there is a feat that lets you grapple on a successfull unarmed strike called scorions grasp or smt the like from sandstorm.

cheers
baldin

Curious
2011-09-04, 04:33 AM
Here's a feat I'm trying to find: Faerie Mysteries Initiate. I know it's in some dragon magazine, but I don't have the issue, so I was wondering if anyone had a link to it online. Please? :smallfrown:

peacenlove
2011-09-04, 04:59 AM
Hi there,

I hope it's okay that i use this thread to ask for feats i cant find.

Its a feat which gives +1 spell dc, can only be choosen at level 1 and requires green eyes (+ human?).
Its has something to do with nobles or so and you need a spell (lvl 8?) to activate/infuse it.

Karakami

Try Ghostwalk and there are actually 2 feats (feat chain) that do that. Human sorcerer only.

Big Fau
2011-09-04, 11:23 AM
Here's a feat I'm trying to find: Faerie Mysteries Initiate. I know it's in some dragon magazine, but I don't have the issue, so I was wondering if anyone had a link to it online. Please? :smallfrown:

Try Dragon 319. (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Faerie_Mysteries_Initiate)

Greenish
2011-09-04, 11:33 AM
At first level, he'd taken some feat which the DM and rest of the group recognized that let him use Cha in place of Wis for his cleric casting.I think that would be Dynamic Priest from Legends of the Twins. The elves were "kagonesti".

Curious
2011-09-04, 02:00 PM
Try Dragon 319. (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Faerie_Mysteries_Initiate)

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You're a saint.:smallbiggrin:

Metahuman1
2011-09-04, 03:46 PM
I think that would be Dynamic Priest from Legends of the Twins. The elves were "kagonesti".

Thank you, that was most likely it. If anyone else knows of something else it could have been, I'd still love to hear it, but this seems like it fits.

Though if this is it it means the DM house Ruled for him so that it also affected Save DC's.