PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Extra Damage on Multiple Attacks

RndmNumGen
2011-08-31, 12:21 AM
So with the current barbarian build I'm playing around with I'll have 4 primary natural attacks(Gore, Claw, Claw, Bite). I want to focus on using these, though I can also use Unarmed Strikes if needed. However, as each attack only does ~1d6 damage, I'm looking for ways to increase the damage output of each attack.

I know one way to do this is to get an Amulet of Mighty Fists with Shock or Frost on it, but getting magic items will be difficult for me. Instead I would like to know what build-based options are out there for this. There's Sneak Attack, but that only applies to a single attack. What applies for multiple attacks? Is there anything?

SamBurke
2011-08-31, 12:26 AM
. There's Sneak Attack, but that only applies to a single attack.

LIES! It applies as long as your target is denied Dex, or flanked. Thus, you probably will be able to apply this for the whole round, unless your opponent can move in your turn.

Power attack comes to mind, assuming you've got some good to-hit.

Strength. Getting Dex to Damage (Whirling Dervish-ripoff homebrew feat?), Int to Damage (Light weapons only, but Natural weapons count as light weapons). Int probably won't be useful, though...

Two weapon fighting, multi weapon fighting.

Getting your body enchanted, not any specific part. (Thus, all four attacks can get the same bonus. Go for custom magic effects, too... +1 body of True Strike? I'll take that.) Depends on how lenient your DM is... that's kinda pushing it.

Anything that gives bonuses to damage will probably help. Can you get 3.5 Material?

Starbuck_II
2011-08-31, 12:29 AM
So with the current barbarian build I'm playing around with I'll have 4 primary natural attacks(Gore, Claw, Claw, Bite). I want to focus on using these, though I can also use Unarmed Strikes if needed. However, as each attack only does ~1d6 damage, I'm looking for ways to increase the damage output of each attack.

I know one way to do this is to get an Amulet of Mighty Fists with Shock or Frost on it, but getting magic items will be difficult for me. Instead I would like to know what build-based options are out there for this. There's Sneak Attack, but that only applies to a single attack. What applies for multiple attacks? Is there anything?
1st: Sneak attack applies to every attack that qualifies. Flanking is best example (besides greater Invisbibility). The only time that you only get 1 sneak attack off is surprise rd/invisibility spell (well, going first in Initiative as well).

2nd: There is a Hammer the Gap feat in Ultimate Combat.
But BAB +6 requirement (not sure if you have that yet).
Each hit after first on a target in same rd, adds +1 consecutive damage.
1st hit: +0
2nd hit: +1 dam
3rd hit: +2 dam
4th hit: +3 dam
5th hit: +4 dam

Not much, but it adds up. Power attack adds up as well.

RndmNumGen
2011-08-31, 12:54 AM
LIES! It applies as long as your target is denied Dex, or flanked.

1st: Sneak attack applies to every attack that qualifies.

Huh. I did not know that... well, that's good to know. Great, actually. Would it be worth it then to dip a level of rogue for SA? The damage would be very nice, but I'd lose BAB and rage progression, and the skills won't really do anything for me... Hrm...

Safety Sword
2011-08-31, 01:18 AM
Huh. I did not know that... well, that's good to know. Great, actually. Would it be worth it then to dip a level of rogue for SA? The damage would be very nice, but I'd lose BAB and rage progression, and the skills won't really do anything for me... Hrm...

Sneak attack is generally only effective in large doses. Having 1d6 sneak attack at high levels is hardly worth it.

Other way to look at it: If you're going to sneak attack, stack it. Get as much of it as possible and focus on it so it's worth it!