PDA

View Full Version : All of the things!

faceroll
2011-08-31, 01:58 PM
How many times can you get ninth level abilities on a single build? How many of the following is possible to get: 9th level arcane spells/divine spells/psi powers, dark invocations, 8th level binding, whatever incarnum gets, 9th level maneuvers, and whatever truenaming/shadowcasting gets?

Let's say loremaster on a kobold is allowed, but shapechanging into a Solar won't get you the cleric casting.

Randomguy
2011-08-31, 02:24 PM
You can use the noctomancer prc, with early entry via precocious apprentice, followed by the mystic theurge prc to end up with ninth level mysteries and spells.

The urpriest prc gives you 9th level divine spells with only 10 levels, so you can take one level of that and any dual progression prc that uses divine magic and get 9th level divine spells and 9th level watever else.

10 levels of rainbow servant get you access to the full cleric spell list, which you cast as divine spells. This works best with beguiler or warmage, but works o.k. with wizard as well. With less levels in it, you still get 9th level divine spells, but only for a few domains.

RndmNumGen
2011-08-31, 04:15 PM
Wizard 20//Cleric 20//Psion 20//Warlock 20//Binder 20//Warblade 20//Truenamer 20?

Totally not in the spirit of this I know, but a 7-fold Gestalt still totally works.

Silliness aside, I think a combination of Sublime Chord with Ur-Priest will be the fastest way to get Arcane and Divine progression, though they both have late entry. Start out with Psion and go for Cebremancer/Divine Theurge then?

vampire2948
2011-08-31, 04:56 PM
Possible to get 9th level divine, and your choice of any two others from maneuvers, arcane, binding... a few others.

Noble Savant
2011-08-31, 04:59 PM
You can use the noctomancer prc, with early entry via precocious apprentice, followed by the mystic theurge prc to end up with ninth level mysteries and spells.

The urpriest prc gives you 9th level divine spells with only 10 levels, so you can take one level of that and any dual progression prc that uses divine magic and get 9th level divine spells and 9th level watever else.

10 levels of rainbow servant get you access to the full cleric spell list, which you cast as divine spells. This works best with beguiler or warmage, but works o.k. with wizard as well. With less levels in it, you still get 9th level divine spells, but only for a few domains.

There is no need for early entry via Precocious apprentice. Shadowcasters are allowed to exchange levels of other castings classes for Shadowcaster as they level. You get to wizard 3, then bump it down once Noctumancer would give a level 1 wizard level 3 spells.

Morph Bark
2011-08-31, 05:56 PM
A build involving Ur-Priest, Sublime Chord, Mystic Theurge, Shadowcaster, Noctumancer and a Major Bloodline with feats for maneuvers.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-08-31, 06:13 PM
OP: Been there, done that. It's called triple nines. I love watching people try to reinvent the w

Randomguy
2011-08-31, 10:32 PM
There is no need for early entry via Precocious apprentice. Shadowcasters are allowed to exchange levels of other castings classes for Shadowcaster as they level. You get to wizard 3, then bump it down once Noctumancer would give a level 1 wizard level 3 spells.

Actually you can only trade one level at a time, so you go from wiz 3 to wiz 2 shadow 2 and then wiz 1 shadowcaster 4, so you enter at lvl 5, which is only one level early. (Although I don't know how they forgot to say you lose spell slots in the creeping darkness section.) And even then you can only get away with it with a REALLY lenient DM.

Gavinfoxx
2011-08-31, 10:40 PM
So what is the acknowledged earliest point at which you can get Epic Spellcasting from Arcane/Divine/Psionic? What's that triple nine build?

BobVosh
2011-08-31, 10:45 PM
You can get epic casting at level 1. Go-go ancient dragonwrought kobolds.

Gavinfoxx
2011-08-31, 10:55 PM
Okay, yea, I know I know...

faceroll
2011-08-31, 11:35 PM
You can get epic casting at level 1. Go-go ancient dragonwrought kobolds.

How are you meeting the skill requirements?

Curious
2011-09-01, 12:22 AM
How are you meeting the skill requirements?

By being a god.

Madcrafter
2011-09-01, 12:27 AM
I believe that dragons are allowed to qualify for epic spellcasting by virtue of age categories alone, though I do not have the source for such a claim at the moment.

Edit: Source found, below.

faceroll
2011-09-01, 12:34 AM
I believe that dragons are allowed to qualify for epic spellcasting by virtue of age categories alone, though I do not have the source for such a claim at the moment.

That is incorrect.

Madcrafter
2011-09-01, 12:48 AM
My mistake then. I thought I saw that somewhere, someplace...

Edit: Shady tricks indeed, but:
"EPIC FEATS
These feats are available to characters of 21st level or higher. Dragons of at least old age also can choose these feats even
if they have no class levels." from Draconomicon. By very loose interpretation, Dragonwrought Kobolds would qualify (Though a DM that allows I have never seen) and you wouldn't necessarily need the skill ranks (by a looser interpretation).

BobVosh
2011-09-01, 08:01 AM
Ya, this is the trick. I assume this isn't a RAI thread, as it reads very RAW.

Hmm, I don't remember how/if there is a workaround for the skills/spells part. However, you can get at least epic feats (very few) from this method. I'm somehow better there is some method to get the skills, even if just for a short while.

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-01, 08:06 AM
(Side note: I'm incredibly exhausted right now, and read this title as "Of all things!" and thought this was a thread about Faceroll being indignant about mildly offended about something. Was looking forward to that. Darn.)

I think.... It may have been Urpriest who pointed the build out to me, but I thought I had a link to a build with 9th level powers, arcane/divine spells, and maneuvers. I could be just losing my mind, though. I'll look for it.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-09-09, 07:42 PM
Lol

I love being ignor

enderlord99
2011-09-09, 09:45 PM
OP: Been there, done that. It's called triple nines. I love watching people try to reinvent the w

Lol

I love being ignor

If you meant that second part, continue hitting "Submit reply" before you've actually finished your post.

If it was sarca

vampire2948
2011-09-10, 06:09 AM
So what is the acknowledged earliest point at which you can get Epic Spellcasting from Arcane/Divine/Psionic? What's that triple nine build?

Can manage it at 20th without early-entry things. 18th with early entry things / classes like beholder mage.

*.*.*.*
2011-09-10, 02:34 PM
From PhaedrusXY(who swiped it from someone else):

Illumian

Ardent1, Savage Bard1, Wizard1, Ardent+1, cerebremancer4, Ur-Priest1, Psychic Theurge1, Sublime Chord1, Mystic Theurge6, Cerebremancer+2, Psychic theurge+1

Key feats:Improved Sigil:krau->early entry to celebremancer

Practised manifester:Ardent

Enchanted Power Sigils:Krau sigil gives normally +2 to caster level but now it gives 3 and with psi/magic transparency it should come to manifester level too.

=

9 lvl divine spells from ur-priest

9 lvl arcane spells from sublime chord

9 lvl powers from ardent->manifester level=17 = 10(levels)+4practised manifester+2(krau sigil)+1(enchanter power sigils)

Lol

I love being ignor

Please post such a build, oh respected optimiz

Tyndmyr
2011-09-10, 02:38 PM
My mistake then. I thought I saw that somewhere, someplace...

Edit: Shady tricks indeed, but:
"EPIC FEATS
These feats are available to characters of 21st level or higher. Dragons of at least old age also can choose these feats even
if they have no class levels." from Draconomicon. By very loose interpretation, Dragonwrought Kobolds would qualify (Though a DM that allows I have never seen) and you wouldn't necessarily need the skill ranks (by a looser interpretation).

I have no trouble allowing dw kobolds to select epic feats...provided they meet the other requirements. By my reading, dragon simply avoids the requirement of being epic.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-09-10, 03:27 PM
Does a Spellthief stealing Spells/SLAs count for this exercise?

CockroachTeaParty
2011-09-10, 09:22 PM
I believe there are spells in Magic of Incarnum that unlock various chakras for binding, so if you take the Shape Soulmeld feat you might be able to bind a soulmeld to a high-level chakra. Essentia might be an issue, but again, I believe there's a spell for that.

faceroll
2011-09-10, 09:31 PM
Does a Spellthief stealing Spells/SLAs count for this exercise?

Nah, that's similar to using shapechange to turn into a monster to gain its casting. MMIV and V explicitly give innate casting as an extraordinary ability, and I think Rules Compendium extended that to things like Ethergaunts.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-09-15, 10:11 PM
Please post such a build, oh respected optimizI already have. It is easily google-able where I put all my ot