PDA

View Full Version : Red Wizard with Wu-Jen?

Daftendirekt
2011-08-31, 02:35 PM
So, would it be possible to take Wu-Jen as entry into Red Wizard instead of PHB Wizard? If so, how would Enhanced Specialization work? Would something just have to be home-ruled, would it just be ignored? I mean, it does mention before all the stats that "it is possible for a bard or a sorcerer to become a Red Wizard".

I figure, then, why not a Wu-Jen?

Grendus
2011-08-31, 03:51 PM
As I read it, you would need a one level dip in wizard so you could take Tattoo Focus. Afterwards, you could take the levels of Wu Jen and qualify for Red Wizard. A reasonable DM might let you use Spell Focus to qualify though, or else let the Wu Jen specialize like a wizard.

Daftendirekt
2011-08-31, 07:20 PM
As I read it, you would need a one level dip in wizard so you could take Tattoo Focus. Afterwards, you could take the levels of Wu Jen and qualify for Red Wizard. A reasonable DM might let you use Spell Focus to qualify though, or else let the Wu Jen specialize like a wizard.

Well, the Wu Jen already has its Elemental Mastery. Maybe just do Spell Focus on an elemental type?

Also, unrelated to the thread, but I find it amusing that a class that has to take taboos cannot be lawful.