PDA

View Full Version : Maintaing Concentration

Ardantis
2011-08-31, 03:25 PM
Is there a way to ignore the "maintain concentration" requirement on some spells and abilities? If so, how?

Also, what is the feat which allows a Bard to Fascinate more creatures at a time than is normally allowed?

Slii Arhem
2011-08-31, 03:47 PM
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Solicit_Psicrystal

The only way I know of, and only really works if your DM uses transparency rules. It's hardly worth it even then, as you're trading five levels of casting for manifesting, and don't get the full benefit of either.

As far as fascinate... sorry, I'm no help there.

Glimbur
2011-08-31, 07:03 PM
Sonorous Hum is a Bard 2 Sorc/Wiz 3 Cleric 3 spell in spell compendium. It maintains concentration on the next spell you cast that requires concentration for 1 minute/level.

Fascinate... bards get the ability to fascinate more people as they level, but I don't know of a feat or spell to speed that along.

Greenish
2011-08-31, 07:10 PM
Spirit Shamans can have their spirit guide concentrate on their spell for them.

There's also a skill trick to maintain concentration as some other action, I want to say standard. That's 1/encounter, though.

Geigan
2011-08-31, 07:30 PM
Spirit Shamans can have their spirit guide concentrate on their spell for them.

There's also a skill trick to maintain concentration as some other action, I want to say standard. That's 1/encounter, though.

I believe you mean swift concentration, and as its name suggests it's actually a swift action. Comp. scoundrel pg 90

Greenish
2011-08-31, 07:51 PM
I believe you mean swift concentration, and as its name suggests it's actually a swift action. Comp. scoundrel pg 90Oh yes, I was thinking of swift action, I don't know why I wrote standard, it's not like you need tricks to concentrate as a standard action. :smallredface: