PDA

View Full Version : Dice as characters

beyond reality
2011-08-31, 04:11 PM
I was doing some random thinking about which classes were most strongly associated with different dice. The final result was some fairly silly drawings. If anyone's interested in the reasoning behind the associations you can click the picture for more info.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/oriongates/dicefolk.jpg (http://z-toast.blogspot.com/2011/08/dice-as-characters.html)

Dr.Epic
2011-08-31, 04:15 PM
Wait...

The d4 isn't the wizard. Why? That's the HD it uses. And, what die do we use for the most famous wizard spell (aka Magic Missile)?

Also, shouldn't the d20 be like a powerful god since it's used for everything?

beyond reality
2011-08-31, 04:48 PM
Wait...

The d4 isn't the wizard. Why? That's the HD it uses. And, what die do we use for the most famous wizard spell (aka Magic Missile)?

Also, shouldn't the d20 be like a powerful god since it's used for everything?

I went with d6 for a couple of reasons, first being that most of a wizards spells actually use lots of d6's (fireball and lightning bolt being the most famous examples, certainly as iconic as magic missile), the wizard traditionally uses a staff (d6 damage), and also because I play pathfinder (which gives wizards a d6 HD). But it's one of the 'wiggle' cases. Could easily go either way but I just liked the way "scruffy the d4" came out.

I put d20 to the bard because it's a skill-based class (thus potentially rolls more d20s than any other class) and because the class also exists to influence other d20 rolls (through performance).

I went with the D100 as the "god/GM" dice because that's the format used for most random tables which are used to determine encounters, magic items, populations, events, etc. etc. It's the dice most responsible for creating the world.

Kuma Da
2011-09-02, 09:51 AM
These made my day.

I don't know if you've considered it, but they'd make pretty good t-shirt material.

leakingpen
2011-09-02, 11:40 AM
These made my day.

I don't know if you've considered it, but they'd make pretty good t-shirt material.

OOO, that, or stickers, for bumper stickers or putting on laptops, folders, ect.

beyond reality
2011-09-02, 01:24 PM
Heh, thanks. I may actually consider that.