PDA

View Full Version : Harrower system

Korugengetsu
2011-08-31, 06:26 PM
I know there is a system In pathfinder for using the Harrow deck and even a prestige class that has one as a requirement but I am wondering what one could actually do with this system to it's fullest as both a DM and as a PC

GoatBoy
2011-08-31, 06:57 PM
My players, in their awesomeness, bought a Harrow deck for me. It works as either a fortune-telling system, or as a gambling game. Both versions work either in-game or out of game. But the rulebook comes with suggestions on how to incorporate the fortune-telling aspect and what kinds of bonuses it should give.

The way the prestige class uses the deck doesn't really use it as the DM does, it just gets bonuses depending on which card is drawn.

The card rulebook also includes a "Harrow" spell which does use the fortune telling for bonuses, and can be learned and used by the players.

Korugengetsu
2011-08-31, 07:28 PM
I saw the spell and the prestige class itself is kind of cool as well, though it is based on luck of the draw, it has some great roleplaying potential though Im not sure what to use as a base class if I wanted to use it.

The posible fortune teller uses and gambling game are cool themselves though would probably end up as more of a side note unless you ran a divination heavy campaign... still really cool though

GoatBoy
2011-08-31, 08:33 PM
Yeah, the prestige class is nothing special. The one ability based on a score uses charisma, so sorcerer would be the ideal entry... but I'd prefer the stuff the sorcerer gets for actually staying in their class, myself.

Now, if the harrower received Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Cards, then perhaps I'd reconsider...

Korugengetsu
2011-08-31, 08:53 PM
Well i was thinking of making a divination focussed wizard and using divination spells with the Deceptive spell feat for a great way to kill people without them knowing it's you. Then add the Harrower's abilities as a bonus.

[QUOTE]Now, if the harrower received Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Cards, then perhaps I'd reconsider.../QUOTE]

you could probably ask your GM and they would most likely let you have it for fluff purposes.