View Full Version : A new vs thread - who best to fulfil the demands of their master?

Heliomance
2011-08-31, 07:56 PM
So a friend of mine and I were discussing anime, and we came up with an interesting question. It's not a standard matchup - direct fighting ability is not what's being compared here (although the characters in question are certainly capable of fighting). The question at hand is, who is the best butler in anime? Who can best serve the every demand of their master in an efficient fashion, while looking immaculate?

The contestants:

Sebastian, Black Butler, upholding the honour of his master Ciel Phantomhive.
Hayate, Combat Butler, upholding the honour of his mistress Nagi Sanzenin.
Walter, upholding the honour of his mistress Integra Hellsing.

Killer Angel
2011-09-01, 02:40 AM
Why not include Alfred, Batman's butler? :smallsmile:

Edti: not exactly anime, though...

Fan
2011-09-01, 06:48 AM
So a friend of mine and I were discussing anime, and we came up with an interesting question. It's not a standard matchup - direct fighting ability is not what's being compared here (although the characters in question are certainly capable of fighting). The question at hand is, who is the best butler in anime? Who can best serve the every demand of their master in an efficient fashion, while looking immaculate?

The contestants:

Sebastian, Black Butler, upholding the honour of his master Ciel Phantomhive.
Hayate, Combat Butler, upholding the honour of his mistress Nagi Sanzenin.
Walter, upholding the honour of his mistress Integra Hellsing.

If it's Vampire Walter (The one that held his own with Alucard), then I give it to Vampire Walter, because he only lost due to Alucard being literally invulnerable, and besides, Walter's attacks are canonically invisible, the only reason we see the glint is so we know why people are getting torn apart.

polity4life
2011-09-01, 09:44 AM
Didn't the Big O have a pretty BA butler? The fellow with an eye patch. I can't remember his name...

Forum Explorer
2011-09-01, 07:34 PM
If it's Vampire Walter (The one that held his own with Alucard), then I give it to Vampire Walter, because he only lost due to Alucard being literally invulnerable, and besides, Walter's attacks are canonically invisible, the only reason we see the glint is so we know why people are getting torn apart.

Its not a fight Fan. Its who is the best butler. I don't know two of them though so I can't really judge who would be the best.

Prime32
2011-09-01, 08:20 PM
If it wasn't limited to anime I would suggest Butler from Artemis Fowl.

And Big O's butler is called Norman.

Mutant Sheep
2011-09-01, 08:27 PM
If it wasn't limited to anime I would suggest Butler from Artemis Fowl.

He's actually less of a "Butler" and more of a bodyguard/assassin/morality pet. Juliet, get back to the kitchen and cut some vegetables!
Batmanga might have a Alfled...:smallwink:

Fan
2011-09-02, 04:11 AM
Its not a fight Fan. Its who is the best butler. I don't know two of them though so I can't really judge who would be the best.

You don't know much about Integra Hellsing's wishes do you? :smalltongue:

Forum Explorer
2011-09-02, 05:53 PM
You don't know much about Integra Hellsing's wishes do you? :smalltongue:

Well you've got me there :smallbiggrin: (damn bloodthirsty women)

Fjolnir
2011-09-02, 05:59 PM
Norman from big O is certainly a contender for the title, he cooks, cleans, announces guests AND maintains a giant robot and its associated delivery mechanisms.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-02, 06:02 PM
Why not include Alfred, Batman's butler? :smallsmile:

Edti: not exactly anime, though...

Yeah, why only anime? Why not extend it all realms of fiction? It's not like butlers are unique or special in animes. I mean, animes are know for action so I would understand a thread about best action scene in an anime. I mean, why why not just have it be all of fiction?

Coidzor
2011-09-02, 06:04 PM
How did you come to this question anyway? Oh to be a fly on that wall...

Prime32
2011-09-02, 07:35 PM
Yeah, why only anime? Why not extend it all realms of fiction? It's not like butlers are unique or special in animes.Right, that's maids. :smalltongue:

Heliomance
2011-09-21, 08:34 AM
How did you come to this question anyway? Oh to be a fly on that wall...

We were discussing Ao no Exorcist, and thinking about how awesome a crossover between that and Kuro****suji would be. Then Hellsing got added into the discussion, and we realised that a butler-off between Walter and Sebastian would be amazing. So we started trying to think of other ludicrously competent butlers to put in the competition.

Feel free to add Butler to discussion if you want, and any other supernormally skilled butlers.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-21, 12:38 PM
Right, that's maids. :smalltongue:

I thought that was school girls.:smallwink:

Fiery Diamond
2011-09-22, 02:03 PM
I thought that was school girls.:smallwink:

No, school girls are pretty awesome no matter what fiction they're in. :smallcool:

:smallbiggrin:

paddyfool
2011-09-22, 04:18 PM
Feel free to add Butler to discussion if you want, and any other supernormally skilled butlers.

Only two others that I can think of: The aforementioned Alfred, and, of course, the inimitable Jeeves.