PDA

View Full Version : The Draconic Chronicles: Verse I [IC]

cameronpants
2011-09-01, 01:20 AM
In the early repeated Prophecies of Dragon-kind there were themes of sadness, self-destruction, and a unified sense of woe. The tens thousands of men, women, and children foretold to die in the Great Wars were each named down to the syllable, their names scripted on the flesh of their surviving comrades, until they would turn on each other and spread the death e'en further. Violence would beget violence, wars repeat as often as days do change, and nothing could subvert the Prophecies of Dragon-kind from being but accurate stories of death, devastation, and doom of all of Eberron.

Though the Prophecies are not only spoken and scripted- they are lived. A handful of individuals in the world at any given time are said to be chosen- are said to be Scions of a new, darker age- the flagships of an invasion of peace and temperence- but only if they can rise to the call and confound the threads of time.

Early in the final unscripted Prophcy do three threads of Fate meet.

[Clocks]
The shimmering towers of Sharn seem too tall for the countryside surrounding it. They seem out of place- almost as if they were tacked on as an afterthought, a sudden split-second decision to erect a massive city on the bluffs of the ocean. It comforts you at a deep, wholly satiating level.
You've made it this far- across the continent of Khorvaire without many altercations or encounters. You've come here at the behest of your new brethren to meet with a man about an hourglass. (see PM for translation)

[Fallon]
It was the second warm meal you had that day that sat in front of you. You sat at the patio of your uncle Evidra's, watching the sun glint freshly off the crenalations of the towers to the west. The Old Moon inn, two levels and several streets below, had a bustle of people moving about the front door. It was distracting yet unconcerning though your uncle seemed indignant that they would be so loud this early.
"Damned traders and honeymooners, I tell you. The lot of them should rent something run by 'Slag."
Durrin Evidra eyes you ponderously. "You remember what we talked about, kiddo?"
You nod your confirmation, eyes falling to your lunch plate.
"Well, today's the day. I think I've got you a job, junior."

[Jack]
"Brigand! Scoundrel! Adulterer!"
The large man whom you know only as Red lumbered after you up the busy street of Underlook. His face was crimson, and he was tossing the errant civilian out of his way with callous ease. You assumed he was chasing you as soon as he roared up on his heals and smashed the card table you were playing at. You decided discretion was by far the better, stronger, and more handsome part of valor and scampered away. His thumping footsteps and accusations of several not-very-kind infractions of several city's laws convinced you that, yes, he was indeed in pursuit.
"By the Host, when I get my hands on you, I'll--" (When someone gives you a line like that, you just have to interrupt, right?)

[Xephos]
Standing before you, forming a loose semi-circle at the mouth of the alley, are four soldiers wearing tattered remains of Cyran military garb as makeshift bandanas and sashes.
"'Oy, Grimjaw, this'eres was a Captain in the legions of Breland some odd years ago, inny?"
"Doubtful, look at his face, Kin! He's nothing but a washed-up loser!" (Look to PM for circumstances.)

[Four to start, more to follow for other players!]

Silver Night
2011-09-01, 02:56 AM
Clocks in towards the city and her meeting. She reaches up to adjust the cloth covering most of her face occasionally. She carefully keeps to herself as she nears the city proper.

Hazzardevil
2011-09-01, 04:14 AM
Xephos draws his sword lightning fast and then puts the end by Grimjaw's throat.
He then looks at Kin.

Yes I am a former captain of the Brelish army, as your friend seems to be experiencing.
I will prove to you why if you wish.

DJDeMiko
2011-09-01, 08:38 AM
Fallon

Fallon looks up to his uncle.

What would you like me to do uncle? he asks picking at his food.

cameronpants
2011-09-01, 09:55 PM
[Clocks]
Because you've entered from the proper side of the city there's been little interest in your strange movements or garb. At least, very little as far as you can tell.
You are to meet the man with the time problem around six thirty in the evening outside of the restaurant he owns.
Outside the back entrance.
As he takes out the trash. (It's just before eleven in the morning.)

[Xephos]
Grimjaw's left eye widens to double its size while his right quivers as if it were being electrocuted. A neat scar just above his right brow may have caused nerve damage- your quick summary of the opponent's weaknesses tells you he may have a hard time tracking you if you darted past his right side.
Though that tactic would require running. Running is something you haven't done since the War.
"Look, fella, din't you say he's was also some kind'a coward?"
Kin scratches his chin, a slow smile spreading onto his lips. His hand slowly slides down his side to rest on the pommel of his well-worn short sword. "Looks like Bossman was wrong about that one. No matter, a job's a job. So, I guess yes, is your answer. Prove it."
The two nameless men leering at you each take a step forward as hands fall onto studded truncheons hanging at their hips.
Grimjaw is frozen in place and has yet to swallow.

[Fallon]
"Well, my boy, it's like this. Your uncle's good friend Mr. Venegrut is in a little spot of trouble. He needs a few... volunteers to, ah, help him in a delicate endeavor. I've taken the liberty of letting him know you may be free to give him whatever help he requires. And I believe this work- though it may not be the most respectable sort- is right up your alley. We can chat about it over lunch. For now, your History tutor is waiting in your study. We'll see you after, then?"

[Luca]
It was a pleasant morning. You've only had a few of them in the apartment above the delicatessen. You've just looked into your mail slot for the sixth time today to find that, alas, your application for permanent citizenry through military service has not yet had a confirmation.
Or rejection, that is.
Across the street and up a block, just past the small Eat and Sing diner, four men were cornering an older gentleman into the mouth of an alley. The thugs all wore remnants of Cyran military uniforms on their persons- a sash, two bandanas, and one as a makeshift belt.

DJDeMiko
2011-09-01, 10:00 PM
Fallon

Fallon frowns, what sort of job? Would he have to do violence? The idea of hurting others made some small part of him excited and a little happy. The feeling made him uncomfortable.

Yes Uncle, if you say so.

Silver Night
2011-09-02, 12:30 AM
Clocks wanders the city a bit, making sure she locates the restaurant and scouting out the local byways. She stops now and then to take in the sights.

And by take in the sights I mean used the 'Detect Thoughts' at-will SLA to sample the surface thoughts of a few passing minds here and there for anything interesting.

Hazzardevil
2011-09-02, 02:22 AM
Xephos quickly draws back his hammer into a fighting stance, feels the benefits of his Aura's and then rushes towards one of the strangers.
He moves 30 ft towards them (At most, the attack is presuming he reaches one of them, the attack can be made 1/round when I make a move action.)
Attack with each end at Full BAB:
Attack 1:
Attack Roll:[roll0]
Crit Confirm (Crit on a 20, X3):[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Attack 2:
Attack roll:[roll3]
Crit Confirm:[roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
He then makes a total defense action raising his AC by 4 bringing it to a grand total of 28.
He also has DR 1/-

Any ally within 60 ft gains +1 dodge bonus to AC and +2 on damage rolls.
Allies within 30 ft gain +1 dodge bonus.
The Aura's have already been taken in to consider attack and damage.

Luca
2011-09-02, 04:57 AM
Her idle musings turned sour at the sight in the alley, when the day of mourning happened there had been no need for soldiers anymore, no country to protect. An army displaced and unwanted, some knowing nothing but their work. Now and then you'd see them in bars, officers holding onto badges that no longer meant anything. Those men she could forgive, living in their lost glory. This however was simply disgusting, petty thugs and to be treated as such.

She lent over to her cabinet and picked up a pair of gleaming steel knives that rested proudly on its surface, tucking them into her boots before striding downstairs. A quick nod to the woman manning the shop as she called on her way out was the all the exit she made as she strode over confidently into the street. Taking a moment to tighten the cloth band that kept her hair pointed up and out of her eyes she strode over the road having located the band.

She strode over to the crowd, fully intentioning to split them up one way or the other.

JKTrickster
2011-09-04, 02:07 AM
Jack turned around, eyes widening as he saw the red giant lumber after him. Jack didn't even know what was happening - he was pretty sure most of his recent conquests were single - and absolutely sure none of them were this deep red. For a moment Jack wondered just how hard Red could squeeze down on his neck, ruining his handsome face as it slowly became beet red. But he shook the thoughts off; heroes don't fear lumbering giants! What would the bards sing of? Jack the Noble, running away from the terrifying street thug? Never!

Jumping onto a crate, where a rare ray of sunshine shone through, Jack smiled his famous style, his body striking his famous pose. Chest out, head high, and arms at his waist, his clothes shone like no other. It was like a bulls-eye taped to a flamboyant target.

"Aaaaand do what you blind vermillion barbaric oaf? Threaten me and shake me back and forth? Provide a mild inconvenience to my day? I am Jack! The Mincer! Come and test me! I have yet had my morning exercise!"

Meanwhile, Jack's back leg trembled slightly. But of course he was just balancing on the crate, that's all. Don't think too much about it - after all Jack doesn't either.

OOC: Sorry for the long wait guys. It's kind of late but hope this introduces Jack a little! I suppose I can try an intimidate check?

[roll0]