PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Ramadeen.

GrimGreg
2011-09-01, 08:23 AM
Ok so I’m very new to D&D, and the way that the actual system works. But, I was hoping for one of you to be able to help me convert the ‘Minatures Handbook pg. 67’ monster ‘Ramadeen’ into a playable character with actual racial traits and the such. Maybe racial traits already exist for this fine fellow, I just don’t know :) Any help would be much appreciated.

GrimGreg
2011-09-01, 08:50 AM
Oh this would be for a 3.5e game, not too sure if that changes anything too much however.

Nimbian
2011-09-01, 12:30 PM
Hello Grimm, I'm relatively new to D&D as well

But as I understand it the simplest way is to take the "Monster" right from the Book, it would be a Character Level 9 PC as it is. with 4 Levels of "Outsider" and a LA of +5

Now to Reverse engineer a Race from that is a harder, and it you want to know the rules behind it look to Savage Species. ( I really wish they did a Update for that before they switched to 4e)

If your GM wants to make them a "player" race (without Monster Hit Dice) I would suggest removing all Hit Dice, Items, Equipment and Stats, otherwise keep the rest the same.

The Hardest part is the Stat Bonus I'm not the greatest when it comes to these but other monsters have similar ones. I arrived at these numbers by using the Elite NPC stats and working backwards, combined with their Lore entry, while not 100% accurate a good start. My Advice work with your GM :) unless your the GM in which case do what ever fits your world.

STR +6
DEX +2
CON +4
INT +2
WIS +2
CHA +6

It also get the Non-Native Outsider Traits
It is a Large Creature with all Bonuses and Penalties.

wuwuwu
2011-09-01, 01:42 PM
The stats would actually be

+10
+2
+6
+2
+4
+6

unless I missed it in the Miniature's Handbook that it says monsters use the Elite stats in it.

Also, it'd have the Smite Evil ability.

Everything else is right above, though.

GrimGreg
2011-09-01, 02:21 PM
Wow! Thanks guys. Genuinely had no idea how to work all that out before, hopefully soon enough I might be able to do this stuff for myself and I might get to bump into one of you along the way :)

Nimbian
2011-09-01, 03:33 PM
Thanks Wuwuwu

I did say It wasn't accurate

Greenish
2011-09-02, 09:49 AM
Genuinely had no idea how to work all that out beforeThat's why we have the handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207928).