PDA

View Full Version : Quick Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Question

Sarco_Phage
2011-09-01, 10:06 AM
Okay, so, I've been wondering about this.

Is Mannimarco in Oblivion the real Mannimarco, King of Worms? (aka the one from Daggerfall).

Because I remember Mannimarco being a lot more badass. Also, he wasn't a balding Altmer in Daggerfall.

Gorgondantess
2011-09-01, 10:26 AM
Okay, so, I've been wondering about this.

Is Mannimarco in Oblivion the real Mannimarco, King of Worms? (aka the one from Daggerfall).

Because I remember Mannimarco being a lot more badass. Also, he wasn't a balding Altmer in Daggerfall.

Mmmyep. They toned him down. Just a little.:smallsigh:

Sanguine
2011-09-01, 12:32 PM
Mmmyep. They toned him down. Just a little.:smallsigh:

Or you know the guy could have been just using the name to drum up followers. I don't remember any proof that he was the real deal other than his own assertions. Also, if i recall correctly, do to the Warp in the West Manimarco should be a god. Dude wasn't really on the same scale as the other gods we've seen in Elder Scrolls games.

Meta
2011-09-01, 01:07 PM
One thing to remember, is that he was supposed to be able to kill you as soon as he sees you, it's only because of Traven's sacrifice that you can fight on equal terms.

I think. It's been awhile.

EDIT: Traven says it's him, and I think they've met before. Not sure how reliable that is.

Triaxx
2011-09-01, 05:47 PM
I think he was supposed to be either A) a successor or B) a knock off using the name.

And he's hellaciously harder in OOO.

Sarco_Phage
2011-09-01, 05:52 PM
I'm partly in the camp that suggests he's an impersonator using the name for popularity power.

I downloaded one of the many Mannimarco revamp mods out there just so I didn't feel let down by the fight with him.

Emperor Ing
2011-09-01, 06:00 PM
Current fanon is that it's one really powerful necromancer who's using the name as a title. TL;DR, the mages guild and Cyrodiil was never in any real danger :smalltongue:
IIRC, Mannimarco is supposed to be a Lich. :smallsigh:

Sarco_Phage
2011-09-01, 06:02 PM
Current fanon is that it's one really powerful necromancer who's using the name as a title. TL;DR, the mages guild and Cyrodiil was never in any real danger :smalltongue:
IIRC, Mannimarco is supposed to be a Lich. :smallsigh:

I don't know, I'm pretty sure the whole "kill everyone one-by-one" thing is a pretty big danger to the Mage's Guild. I guess that's the whole point of him wiping out Bruma: it was just to say, "NOW **** GETS REAL".

factotum
2011-09-02, 01:33 AM
I don't know, I'm pretty sure the whole "kill everyone one-by-one" thing is a pretty big danger to the Mage's Guild.

An angry cat would be a big danger to the Mage's Guild in Oblivion, considering they're willing to let a level 1 scrub with no magical skills whatsoever become their leader... :smallsigh: