PDA

View Full Version : Don't Vote Up a Monster IV: Where There Are Votes, There Is Pain

Kellus
2011-09-01, 05:58 PM
Don't Vote Up a Monster

http://www.darul-ishaat.co.uk/store/images/P/24.jpg

These days it's pretty easy to get delusions of grandeur and feelings of empowerment. You might think you're "making a difference" with your votes in the many, many (MANY) vote up a thingy threads. Well, I'm here to cure those problems. Welcome to Don't Vote Up a Monster, where your votes count for absolutely NOTHING.

First (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96622) DVUAM
Third (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209879) DVUAM

The first rule of DVUAM is: you don't talk about DVUAM II.

Current nonvote is for Type.

{table=head]Type|Votes
Aberration|1
Animal|-2
Construct|-1
Dragon|-1
Elemental|-2
Elf|-1
Fey|-2
Giant|1
Humanoid|-1
Magical Beast|0
Monstrous Humanoid|0
Ooze|0
Outsider|-1
Plant|-1
Undead|-2
Vermin|-3[/table]

Shadow Lord
2011-09-01, 06:16 PM
FIRST POSTI would totally despise you if you made a Vermin, after that terrible Dragon Swarm you made.FIRST POST

Amechra
2011-09-01, 06:26 PM
Fey would make me vomit. So. hard.

Especially if you did something stupid, like give them a True Dragon's age categories... that would make idiots look like geniuses, you know.

Circle of Life
2011-09-01, 06:28 PM
And so the madness begins anew.

Construct, for great failure.

Eledragon
2011-09-01, 06:29 PM
you know what I really hate? Oozes. I wanna chop 'em up and spread 'em on toast. then throw them away. :smallyuk:

Domriso
2011-09-01, 06:39 PM
It upsets, disgusts, and disturbs me to see another of these horrible threads of yours up again so soon. I thought we might have finally gotten to the end of it with the last one.

But, in an attempt to at least mitigate your atrocities, I must say that if you were to create another Animal would be the worst possible thing you could do.

Ajadea
2011-09-01, 06:39 PM
Waste of good toast, that is.

I would absolutely love another Ooze, as the Calcatrix was fantastic. Animals, on the other hand, bore me so badly I can't help but vote against them.

TravelLog
2011-09-01, 06:56 PM
All I know is I would hate to see either a Plant or an Undead

The Tygre
2011-09-01, 07:02 PM
You worthless bastard. Only the sleaziest, most odious, and contemptible playgrounder would even consider touching a Vermin.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-01, 07:06 PM
I hate dragons so much.

THEChanger
2011-09-01, 07:07 PM
Once again, I must INSIST that you do not make us an Elemental.

SlashRunner
2011-09-01, 07:07 PM
You know, I really really hate Constructs. No one in their right mind would like one. Seriously, I hope you do not even consider such atrocious idiocy.

Morph Bark
2011-09-01, 07:14 PM
No Constructs, they want to steal my cake.

Noxsis
2011-09-01, 08:01 PM
if you made an outsider i would hunt you down and take a axe to your head

pyrefiend
2011-09-01, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure why I even bother telling you this, but it would really make my day if you were to add an exciting new construct to this game we all know and love.

However, it would positively infuriate me if you were to write out some ridiculous fey creature. The first monster manual has all the stupid fairies you could ever need anyway.

Lord Vampyre
2011-09-01, 08:33 PM
I'd hate to see another Outsider. It's the 2nd most cliched race in the game.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-01, 08:36 PM

The first is elves.

Owrtho
2011-09-01, 08:50 PM
To even consider the possibility of a fey being made makes me feel sick. The idea of making such a thing is dreadful.

Owrtho

Garryl
2011-09-01, 09:40 PM
I suppose you could make it a giant or an outsider or a magical beast or something. Those are all fine, commonly occurring types, so another creature would be very reasonable. Even a fey or a construct would be nice and dandy. However, an elemental would just be wrong. I mean, they're just like a subset of outsiders. Anything an elemental can do, an outsider could be made to do without feeling out of place. No more elementals. Let the world know that we will not support superfluous types in our D&D games, and let us show it by denying those types any more support. Viva la revolución! Death to elementals!

Timeless Error
2011-09-01, 09:51 PM
Fey creatures are horrible abominations that never deserved to exist. The world needs less of those nasty things.

Rafinius
2011-09-01, 10:16 PM
Please don't make any Magical Beasts as they are boring and limited.
Also no Humanoids. There is a reason that they are almost non-existent in any comprehensive campaign.
Everything else is fine, although I really wish for an Abberation.

Circle of Life
2011-09-02, 04:36 AM
It looks like you missed either SlashRunner or Morph Bark's vote for Constructs. Of course, this being a place where our nonvotes don't matter anyway, I'm sure that's of no relevance.

Edit: Unless we get a posi-vote too, in which case I totally posi-vote Fey. Fey are the best things ever and the world needs approximately one-bajillion more of them.

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-02, 08:18 AM
No more Vermin. Seriously, I'll vomit if I see another giant, mindless sack of HP attack my party.

Theoboldi
2011-09-02, 01:46 PM
Seriously? You are still trying after that horrific failure of a monster you made last time? At least be so nice, and no matter what you do, don't make an undead. Maybe then this monster will be halfway acceptable.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-02, 02:13 PM
{table=head]Type|Votes
Aberration|0
Animal|-2
Construct|-2
Dragon|-1
Elemental|-1
Elf|-1
Fey|-3
Giant|0
Humanoid|0
Magical Beast|0
Monstrous Humanoid|0
Ooze|0
Outsider|-2
Plant|-1
Undead|-1
Vermin|-2[/table]

Nobody didn't vote for elves. My non-votes are bolded.

Kellus
2011-09-02, 05:59 PM
Nobody didn't vote for elves. My non-votes are bolded.

The first is elves.

Perhaps you don't understand. You don't get to decide what you vote or don't vote for. Maybe you're used to how things happen in other voting threads, where the creators like you to think you have some kind of agency or input on the final monster at all. There aren't bold votes, there aren't rules or limits. Here you don't get to decide what you want, I tell you what you want. And in this case, it sounds like you don't like elves very much at all.

Welknair
2011-09-02, 07:20 PM
I'm really glad you didn't do a Plant last time. That would have been awful. Let's just pray you don't choose it this time.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-02, 07:31 PM
Perhaps you don't understand. You don't get to decide what you vote or don't vote for. Maybe you're used to how things happen in other voting threads, where the creators like you to think you have some kind of agency or input on the final monster at all. There aren't bold votes, there aren't rules or limits. Here you don't get to decide what you want, I tell you what you want. And in this case, it sounds like you don't like elves very much at all.

Hey, elves get Elven Generalist and Eternal Blade, two of the best things there are (although I prefer a Transmuter with Spell Versatality to Elven Generalist). And there's also Revenant Blade. It's just that pretty much the only setting that doesn't cliché them is Eberron, and that's how it is for EVERYTHING in Eberron.

But now I'm trying to imagine a monster elf. :smallconfused:

Seraphiel
2011-09-02, 10:40 PM
I'd be really upset if you made a fey. Those things are evil.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-09-03, 08:41 AM
First of all, I want to ask why you even bothered making another one of these, after the last one turned out to be such a disaster. I mean really, it's like you enjoy watching us suffer. Despite what a horrible, horrible process this is, though, I would like to pretend my voice is being heard, and want to tell you that you better not make a plant. Damn photosynthesizing bastards, think they're better than us...

I_am_an_undead
2011-09-03, 09:46 AM
I'd really hate you if you made an abberation. Especially if it was a symbiont of some sort. I don't know what I'd do.

137beth
2011-09-03, 10:33 AM
Do NOT make an outsider! Especially not an interesting one. The generic outsiders are enough.

Dralnu
2011-09-03, 01:26 PM
What a stupid thread. You even have the worst creature type up there as a choice, Fey. God I hate Fey! :smallfurious:

137beth
2011-09-03, 03:49 PM
It would be really awesome if you made either a monstrous humanoid or a magical beast! There are barely any of them in the game, so make more of them!

Lord Vampyre
2011-09-06, 12:36 PM

Hmmm.... I think you were talking to Swiftmongoose, but since you had one of my quotes I thought I'd comment. I didn't vote, I merely gave you my opinion on what would be a horrible creation. :smallwink:

Now, if you want to make an elf, I think that would be totally sweet. You can never have enough elves in a fantasy campaign. Although personally, having an elf and fey voting column is rather redundant. If you end up on deciding on fey, then you should decide upon the type of fey. Elves should only be an optional type of fey creature.

For the record, Elves rock.

Noxsis
2011-09-06, 01:06 PM
i say yes to vermin go vermin huzzah

Owrtho
2011-09-06, 02:04 PM
I feel that it should be noted, elves, as awesome as they are, are not a type, they are a subtype. A type, would be something like Deathless, which I'm glad your oversight of them means there's no chance of you deciding to make one, while the terrible choice of pirate is and example of neither a type nor a subtype.

Owrtho

Mekboy
2011-09-06, 02:31 PM
Well elves should be a type, that's how awesome they are. For that reason, I vote elf.

RedWarrior0
2011-09-06, 04:19 PM
At least those elves aren't the despicable, terrible, vicious, vile, Godwin's Law-invoking thing their cousins the Fey are. What would truly be awful would be an Undead Aberration Construct Fey, though. That would be terrible.

Ursus the Grim
2011-09-06, 09:07 PM
Everyone else has some really good suggestions on what not to make.

Just don't listen to that one guy not-voting for Animals. It sickens me to think that, despite the estimated 7 million different species on Earth, there are easily dozens of them in D&D. That number should be far, far lower, and we most certainly don't want anything new and interesting for Druids and Rangers to have. We haets Druids, yes.

Tesla_pasta
2011-09-06, 09:18 PM
So help me, if you make an ooze... GREAT FIRERY RETRIBUTION

Vauron
2011-09-06, 09:26 PM
There have been far too many fey.