PDA

View Full Version : Gurren Lagann IC

Squeejee
2011-09-02, 04:18 AM
For untold generations, your village of Anaur has dug. Deeper and deeper, pulling minerals from the stone. You dig to survive, to find the water for your farms. You dig to expand, abandoning collapsed sections of tunnel and moving into newly opened ones. The artificial light glaring at you overhead is all you have ever known, all you have ever considered!

Your population is said to have once numbered at an astonishing one thousand men and women, but now dwindles just below one hundred. In an attempt to increase the population and improve quality of life, the progressive Mayor Hauser has ordered the miners to dig up. After all, we have always expanded downward, so the city of old must have lived upward, right? It made a certain degree of sense, and nobody bothered to question the idea.

Nobody, that is, except the digging team moving up. As they progressed beyond the Ceiling, they began to uncover things. Some called them artifacts of the previous city, while others called them best left forgotten. The town was torn between those who wished to uncover more of the fantastic devices, and those who thought it dangerous to continue.

Yesterday, one of the Topside mining tunnels collapsed, and the town is reeling from the loss of eight diggers. The mayor had barely time to cancel the Upward project, when his hand was forced by events nobody could have foreseen. You are caught in the middle of them.

The events occurred at precisely 1245 in the day, as the cleanup effort following the collapse was in full swing. Tell me, what were you doing at 1244?

Fan
2011-09-02, 03:13 PM
Roy Desant-

Roy sighed as he stood up from his work, seeing everyone bustle about him, screaming, yelling.. Always so worried about everything. If things happened, he'd deal with them, but you don't get all fired up over nothing.

However, one couldn't simply let the masses battle amongst themselves. Someone might get hurt, or worse yet, try to hurt him!

So he sauntered over to the largest outcroping he could stand upon, and with a clenched fist and a mighty yell he shouted out over the crowd.

"Oi, oi, oi, oi! Shut your mouths, and sit down! The chief is talking, and we haven't got anytime to waste yah bunch of poozers!"

Major
2011-09-02, 03:20 PM
**Hamak**

Meanwhile, further away, Hamak was running through the tunnels practicing with the katana he had bought a few weeks back. He knew he should be at the meeting, but he much preferred giving speeches, not listening to them. And so, instead of being with the others, he was practicing with the katana trying to cut rocks in half like REAL men could do.

Of course, if anyone asked he could already cut them in half and he was simply too lazy to do something so beneath him. Hamak had an image to keep up as the resident badass cool guy, so the seventeen-year-old couldn't disappoint his fans.

After swinging his katana at a few rocks, he decided to start practicing trying to jump off walls. After all, running on walls and defying gravity was something really awesome people did all the time.

The-Mage-King
2011-09-03, 01:10 AM
12:44

Amid he piles of old books that came with his position, Jin was finishing looking up an old formula for a type of explosive he thought would be quite useful in the further mining efforts of Anaur, and may have further purposes. As he was replacing the tome containing it in it's rightful place and taking a recently found book from it's section, the collapse happened.

Hazzardevil
2011-09-04, 03:23 PM
12:44

Shinji had been exploring some of the area that had been discovered from the upward rilling, having found a drill on a stick, a blue jacket and a knife, useful, in case he found anything, and he was feeling like he would.

Squeejee
2011-09-07, 05:45 PM
At 1245, a great thunderous roar echoes across the village - an earthquake, but two in as many days is exceedingly rare.

The rock Roy is standing on shakes violently, and he is forced to roll a 15 balance check or fall to the ground for [roll0] nonlethal damage!

[roll1]

Hamak is kicking off a wall as it happens, and must break his fall with a DC 15 tumble check or receive [roll2] nonlethal damage!

[roll3]

Jin's bookshelves all fall in unison around him, and he must make a DC 15 reflex save or receive [roll4] nonlethal damage!.

[roll5]

The tunnel Shinji is about to dig begins to fall on him, and he must make a DC 15 reflex save or receive [roll6] nonlethal damage!

[roll7]

Following the chaos of the earthquake, there is an echoing roar throughout the village - it sounds like a pigmole male about to charge!

OOC: Yes, I intend to break the fourth wall. Also, I usually make automatic rolls in the GM's posts to speed things up, I hope nobody minds.

Major
2011-09-07, 06:25 PM
I don't mind, just make mine more often :P

Hamak landed on his ass and rubbed his butt wondering how the hell another earthquake had occurred. Quickly he grabbed his sword upon hearing the loud noise and raced back to the city. What if something was going on? As he ran he quickly started planning the best dramatic entrance possible.

Hazzardevil
2011-09-11, 10:04 AM
Just don't roll rocks fallign that could kill me and I don't mind. :smallbiggrin:

Shinji manages to avoid the falling rock by quickly drawing his drill and raising it into the air to shatter the rock about to fall on him.

Squeejee
2011-09-11, 09:07 PM
Suddenly, there is an echo of screams as the population of Anaur flees into the tunnels. The closely related families push over each other in a panic never before known as the central ceiling begins to crumble, its cracks letting in heavenly rays of unnaturally soft light into the town square! The cracks expand and the roof begins to fall apart, blinding anyone watching it.

But if you were blinded by the flash of light, your vision only takes a moment to clear - though your eyes remain wet from the experience. A great metal face resembling the equine of myth rises from the smoke, standing on four great pillars of legs - ten feet in diameter each, at least! Among the screams, the metallic beast surveys the town and the people within, seemingly unsure of what to do next.

Major
2011-09-11, 10:16 PM
Grateful for his sunglasses, Hamak looks up at the strange beast. He draws his katana as he slowly steps forward. "Leave or taste steel!" He calls out dramatically as he poses in front of the strange creature.

The-Mage-King
2011-09-11, 11:08 PM
Shooting a glance out of his library's window, Jin lets loose a curse.

"The hell is that?" He says, before dashing to the back of the room and grabbing his tools as well as a few books, including the recent one, preparing to flee with as much as he could.

And then he noticed Hamak.

"Oh, hell. What's the damn fool doing now...?"

Hazzardevil
2011-09-12, 03:31 PM
Shinji having seen the Huge Head runs 120 ft towards it, if he can actually end up next to it he will stop 10 ft away from it and draw his long-spear.

Squeejee
2011-09-18, 04:55 PM
Shinji reaches the face just as it turns to look at Hamak.

"Ha! Humans here? I would never have guessed!"

One of the "hooves" in the great horse rises up to challenge Hamak, and suddenly changes shape to resemble a huge meat cleaver.

"Die, puny humans!"

OOC: Initiative is bad guys / good guys. Let's see some brilliant thinking! I'll have a map in this post in a few minutes.

Map:
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i479/Squeejee/AnaurMap.png

This map is of the top floor only, which is where you all are. Stairs and elevators down are located around the main area, but the support for the top floor seems to be capable of holding up the giant face.

The New Mining Shaft is the location where all of the mining upwards was taking place, and where the cave-in occurred. It's currently stocked with several small cranes that are moving rubble out of the way so digging may resume.

The Old Mining Tunnels are a twisty and complicated series of corridors which have been converted to stabling for Pigmoles. If you go all the way to the back of the tunnels, you can gain access to even older mine shafts which leads to the old sites that the village was located in.

The Library is just that. Lots of books and old documents, which are currently scattered all about the place.

The Vehicle Bay contains a two large forklifts and a bulldozer - only one of the forklifts is currently functional, everything else used for spare parts.

Storage is full of stuff - everything a settlement could possibly need, except food (food storage is on the bottom level). Navigating inside the storage area is a nightmare, as the guy in charge of organizing it is notoriously messy. Add to that the fact that most everything here was salvaged from an abandoned city the miners found, and you get a huge pile of junk that occasionally has something useful inside it.

Major
2011-09-19, 02:26 PM
OOC: I'll pick my exact actions once the map is up. I'm a bit confused what you mean by initiative. Do you mean him then us. Or do you mean we make one collective roll?

Squeejee
2011-09-21, 07:52 PM
OOC: Him then you - team initiative, basically. It's currently the players' turn.

Major
2011-09-22, 11:02 AM
Hamak

"Oh...a shape shifting horse monster...That is a tiny bit scary." Hamak says with a frown. "But Hamak fears no man...or machine...or horse...or whatever you are!" He says as he swings his Katana at the strange things leg. "Slash of the purple hamster!" He yells as he swings.

[roll0]
2d6+3 <-derp I'm retarded. See ooc. Got 13.

Squeejee
2011-09-23, 12:59 AM
The katana, rather improbably, seems to slice right through the hoof nearest you, exposing a lot of wiring and a huge piston within. An oil line appears to have been cut, and Hamak's legs are splattered in the black stuff.

Major
2011-09-23, 04:24 PM
Hamak

"Holy crap it worked." He says surprised as he looks at his blade. "Errr I mean, ahem, Katana Technique 98, cut through anything." He says with a dramatic pose.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2inkwi.png