PDA

View Full Version : Old Blooded

kaiserthe3rd
2011-09-02, 02:35 PM
In the 3rd party book by Green Ronin Bastards and Bloodlines: A guide to Half-Breeds there is a paticular feat that has always caught my eye.

Old Blooded

Choose one race other than your own and for purposes of Prestige classes, Items, spells, feats and so on you are considered a member of that race.

So I was wondering what kind of things I could do with this? Be it broken or just funny?

subject42
2011-09-02, 02:41 PM
It would certainly make it easier for a Dragonborn Mongrelfolk who wanted to (ab)use levels in Deepwarden to get stupidly high AC.

sreservoir
2011-09-02, 03:34 PM
choose a normal horse.

it lets you use the horseshoes of flame from savage species. they are amazing. no, really, read the item description.

sreservoir
2011-09-02, 03:38 PM
choose a normal horse.

it lets you use the horseshoes of flame from savage species. they are amazing. no, really, read the item description.

faceroll
2011-09-02, 04:01 PM
Beholder Mage. Now you just need to buy spellstalk grafts from FF to meet all the pre-reqs.

kaiserthe3rd
2011-09-02, 05:11 PM
Beholder Mage. Now you just need to buy spellstalk grafts from FF to meet all the pre-reqs.

Beholder Mage is one of the things that crossed my mind. That and Mindflayer Savant.

etrpgb
2011-09-02, 05:19 PM
Don't you also need an antimagic eye to be a beholder mage?

Zaq
2011-09-02, 05:30 PM
Since you can get into most of the really crazy stuff (Illithid Savant and the like) with PAO abuse anyway, what makes this different is the stuff that it allows you to mix, not the stuff that it allows you to have in the first place.

That said, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would really fit the bill, but I'm sure there's some kind of combination out there that can have some fun unintended consequences.

Cog
2011-09-02, 05:34 PM
Since you can get into most of the really crazy stuff (Illithid Savant and the like) with PAO abuse anyway, what makes this different is the stuff that it allows you to mix, not the stuff that it allows you to have in the first place.
It keeps you from being one lucky Dispel shy of no longer qualifying for your PrC, too.

Coidzor
2011-09-02, 05:39 PM
I think there's a couple of decent things that require elf like Olin Gisir.

It wouldn't get rid of the must worship Gruumsh thing, but it'd let a non-orc go into Battle Howler of Gruumsh. But, really, it's probably better to just genericize it to any barbarian culture/angry god.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-02, 06:38 PM
Drow and then go into Drow Demonbinder. Its not great, but its fun!

Grab human for Chameleon and be an elf to get an effective Arcane archer dip build.

Metahuman1
2011-09-02, 08:23 PM
Seconding it as a way to get Deepwarden on races that normally don't have access so that you can get massive AC/Touch AC with out having too invest in Dex for your character that you built to shrug off hits instead of dodging them.

Inferno
2011-09-02, 11:43 PM
An elf eye of Gruumsh?

Coidzor
2011-09-02, 11:54 PM
An elf eye of Gruumsh?

A Human Seeker of the Misty Isle/Battle Howler of Gruumsh. :smallamused: (Well, what did you expect when you mated a half-orc and a half-elf!?)

peacenlove
2011-09-02, 11:57 PM
(Not anymore) gnome shadow crafter. Although there is a non-racial adaptation too.

Coidzor
2011-09-03, 01:32 AM
(Not anymore) gnome shadow crafter. Although there is a non-racial adaptation too.

Shadow Craft Mage/Olin Gisir?

Knaight
2011-09-03, 01:51 AM
Drow and then go into Drow Demonbinder. Its not great, but its fun!

Grab human for Chameleon and be an elf to get an effective Arcane archer dip build.
What's behind this? It sounds like an oxymoron, which suggests that there might be something clever.

marcielle
2011-09-03, 07:47 AM
Eternal blade. I think.

Quietus
2011-09-03, 10:27 AM
What's behind this? It sounds like an oxymoron, which suggests that there might be something clever.

The basic idea is to take a two level Arcane Archer dip, to get Imbue Arrows, then return to a spellcasting base/take fast advancement spellcasting classes for nice things to Imbue. Basically, it replaces your range and casting time on all Area spells with one standard action, and your range increment with the bow.

faceroll
2011-09-03, 08:04 PM
Don't you also need an antimagic eye to be a beholder mage?

Also handily comes in graft form.

Inferno
2011-09-03, 08:30 PM
Also handily comes in graft form.

And, with Old beholder blood you should even be able to pick up the proper craft graft feat to make yourself one.

Also: Dragonmarks, opens up a whole whack of the Eberron specific prc's, and most likely encourages the house your dragonmark is attached to kill you.:smallsmile:

Coidzor
2011-09-03, 08:44 PM
Also: Dragonmarks, opens up a whole whack of the Eberron specific prc's, and most likely encourages the house your dragonmark is attached to kill you.:smallsmile:

There are races that count for those? :smallconfused:

Cog
2011-09-03, 08:51 PM
There are races that count for those? :smallconfused:
Each Mark is attached to a certain house, and each house is made of members of one race (or sometimes half- races, IIRC).

Coidzor
2011-09-03, 08:59 PM
Each Mark is attached to a certain house, and each house is made of members of one race (or sometimes half- races, IIRC).

Yeah, but Least Dragonmark requires membership in the house, not just being part of the race. :smallconfused:

Though, if it worked, what would be the most potent use of it, I wonder?

sreservoir
2011-09-03, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but Least Dragonmark requires membership in the house, not just being part of the race. :smallconfused:

marry into it, then!

Inferno
2011-09-04, 02:16 AM

Some of the Dragonmarked houses have been around for thousands of years. Cannith, Denieth(sp) among others. Your far removed human ancestor could have been an ancient Cannith. We're well into "ask your local DM" territory there though.

And as per the best use for it...the Cannith wand adept is popular. I'm a fan of the Blade of Orien Prc, even though it just begs for shadow pounce. Lots of options.