PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Mounted Combat

Conkea
2011-09-02, 06:15 PM
Hello playground,

In my current campaign i'm playing a summoner. I've been thinking about using it as my mount. This got me wondering if i would get any bonuses to riding a crazy ass dragon like creature, as I figure this would give me quite an defensive boost.

In the rulebook however I couldn't find anything to enfore this, so what I'm asking is, is it true there would be no bonus from fighting off of a flying death machine, that eats faces for a living? And where could i find any further rules on mounted combat, as I find them quite lacking in the core rulebook.

Thanks in advance for your answers/clarifications.

Conkea
2011-09-03, 01:45 PM
bump bump!

Gavinfoxx
2011-09-03, 02:20 PM
Well.. there are lots of ways to do mounted combat in 3.5 and PF. It also depends on what resources you have available to you.

Do you want to do archery? What class are you focusing on? Do you want to be a lance charger? What is your concept?

Conkea
2011-09-03, 02:45 PM
Well.. there are lots of ways to do mounted combat in 3.5 and PF. It also depends on what resources you have available to you.

Do you want to do archery? What class are you focusing on? Do you want to be a lance charger? What is your concept?

I basically have all official PF sources available, 3.5/3rd party/whatever might be usuable with DM approval.

I'm planning to go straight summoner. I'm currently level 4 and I'm planning to go with a lance charger. So far i have no feat investment in mounted combat yet, but if i want to go for it I probably would have to start investing feats in mounted combat soon.

And just to clearify, I'm not so much looking for advice, I'm looking for the rules on it. (a bit clearer than the 1 paragraph in the core rulebook)

Retech
2011-09-03, 04:50 PM
Well, the bonuses are not concrete really (like, not many instances of +AC and stuff), but your mount usually has a large reach and stuff.

Also, consider getting a small familliar as a backpack mount, treating you as a mount, so that they can give you boosts like a mount.