PDA

View Full Version : Search??

beskargam
2011-09-03, 06:15 AM
perhaps its just me, but has anyone else noticed issues with the search function on these boards? every time i enter a new search the page just keeps trying to load, hit the search button again and i default to the search timer, telling me i have x seconds until i am able to attempt another search......so can anyone tell me if this is on my end? if so is there anything i can do?

Serpentine
2011-09-03, 06:33 AM
Hitting the search button again always resets the timer.

But yeah, I've been having heaps of trouble with the search lately. Almost every time I attempt one I constantly get 500 errors, even when the rest of the site is working fine, and no matter how many times I try again.

ThePhantasm
2011-09-03, 07:04 AM
You'll probably get faster results using google [site:giantitp.com] to search the boards rather than the board search function itself. That's what I usually do.

Serpentine
2011-09-03, 07:08 AM
That doesn't really help when you're trying to find a post by a specific person...

ThePhantasm
2011-09-03, 07:24 AM
That doesn't really help when you're trying to find a post by a specific person...

I guess that's true, but I still use it for that. I type the person's name, a few keywords, and usually I find it on Google. Might take a bit more digging but for me it is still faster than the board searches.

beskargam
2011-09-03, 07:49 PM
i hadn't thought of using google, I'll try that. its just I remember a time not terribly long ago that the board search function worked just fine.....I was hoping it was a temporary thing...

thanks again

Howler Dagger
2011-09-03, 09:25 PM
I sometimes(90% of the time) get blamk screens after hitting enter. That or "you have X second untill you can search again.

Maelstrom
2011-09-11, 05:47 AM
Getting a blank page as a result when using either the basic or advanced search functions (page is http://www.giantitp.com/forums/search.php?do=process)

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and IE, all with the same results...

Psychonaut
2011-09-15, 06:10 PM

One thing you might try is to search for the person's join date in addition to their name. I've found this works pretty well on another board I visit that experiences frequent problems with its search function.