PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Problems

Gandolfi Feesh
2011-09-03, 09:41 AM
Hey guys,

How can I remove the white background from my avatar?
Does anyone have the RGB co-ordinates or the forum background and I'll just paint my background that colour?

Thanks x

Serpentine
2011-09-03, 09:46 AM
You need to save it in a different format with transparency activated. I use .gif mostly.

Gandolfi Feesh
2011-09-04, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the help, I took an alternative approach.

Snipping Tool to collect a screenshot of the forum page, then simply took the Color Picker from the paint menu to determine the backgrounds color.

Seems to have worked out alright?

Haruki-kun
2011-09-04, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the help, I took an alternative approach.

Snipping Tool to collect a screenshot of the forum page, then simply took the Color Picker from the paint menu to determine the backgrounds color.

Seems to have worked out alright?

Uhm... It looks a little different, to be honest. You didn't use the eyedropper tool or anything, did you?

Mercenary Pen
2011-09-04, 10:24 AM
Uhm... It looks a little different, to be honest. You didn't use the eyedropper tool or anything, did you?

Yeah, I can see a faint outline where the avatar ends and the background begins- if that's what you mean...

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-09-05, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I can see a faint outline where the avatar ends and the background begins- if that's what you mean...
That’s what happens when you use GIF transparency without a proper matte color. Since GIF is either fully transparent or fully opaque, the anti-aliasing still has to figure out what the background color is to properly blend.

PNG works better for transparent images, and is actually supported by the current versions of today’s popular browsers. IE6 is the major problem browser when it comes to that.

For what it’s worth, the RGB hex code is #F0E7D3, which is the same as rgb(240, 231, 211).